Jay29
RealGunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
57 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:10 pm

No Ba won't be cup tied

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:No Ba won't be cup tied

So what we waiting for? :bow:

Beggars cant be choosers. Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm

I hope you get Capoue or Sissoko. Whichever one is more comfortable in the attacking third.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 pm

I hope so too Le Samourai.

Capoue preferably and not because he's the better footballer but because he can play as a lone DM too which would give Arsene better flexibility in tactics AND more freedom in midfield for Wilshere. Sissoko could do the Diaby-role. Diame from West Ham is a great alternative to Sissoko too. It's just a matter of what Arsene wants for Arsenal.

I would definitely try to sign someone like Capoue though.

Capoue
Cazorla Wilshere
RW CF LW

I want Cazorla and Wilshere to stay as close as possible to each other which is why I want someone like Capoue to stay behind them. Reportedly he wouldn't cost too much either which is why Capoue would make a great signing in my opinion.

Sign him and Adrian Lopez in January pls
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Wenger said: “My gut feeling is that he belongs to this club.

“I hope he will do it and sign for us. I am always convinced that he will stay.”

“You never fix yourself a limit on financial restrictions.

“At the end of the day, can you pay what the player wants? And does it fit with your wage structure?

“I did always fight so that the players make money, so therefore I am happy when they make big money.

“I did always fight for that but it has to be made possible for the club to pay it.

“I believe the board will follow my recommendation if it is possible. We have a wage bill that has to be respected.

“When we go overboard and higher than it is expected, I ask the board to do it most of the time they follow my demands.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4707359/Theo-Walcott-belongs-to-Arsenal-says-Wenger.html#ixzz2FdI9qQ8a

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm

I wish Sagna and Walcott will just sign with us!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Raptorgunner wrote: Wenger said: “My gut feeling is that he belongs to this club.

“I hope he will do it and sign for us. I am always convinced that he will stay.”

“At the end of the day, can you pay what the player wants? And does it fit with your wage structure?

“I did always fight so that the players make money, so therefore I am happy when they make big money.

“I did always fight for that but it has to be made possible for the club to pay it.

“I believe the board will follow my recommendation if it is possible. We have a wage bill that has to be respected.

“When we go overboard and higher than it is expected, I ask the board to do it most of the time they follow my demands.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4707359/Theo-Walcott-belongs-to-Arsenal-says-Wenger.html#ixzz2FdI9qQ8a

Theo is sooooooooooooo gone.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote: Wenger said: “My gut feeling is that he belongs to this club.

Theo is sooooooooooooo gone.

LOL, when Wenger goes with his gut feeling it never good. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 am

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 300949_549203225109020_2109208368_n
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:34 pm

OK, this is just idle speculation on my part, for kicks. Based on recent rumblings, I wonder if the following transfer scenario could play out.

January
In - Demba Ba (£7.5m), Mohamed Diame (£3.5m), Luke Shaw (£5m - not sure what estimated transfer cost would be for him?)
Out - Andre Santos (£2.5m to Galatasaray?), Arshavin (£2-3m, to Reading possibly?), Chamakh (on loan?)

Summer
In - Will Hughes (Derby apparently going to hold off on selling him this winter; currently rated at about £4m), Wilfried Zaha (ditto on leaving in January; anywhere from £9-15m I guess)
Out - Chamakh permanently for a small fee, probably Theo on a free, Fabianski, Squillaci, I think probably Diaby, possibly Gervinho even, and then of course there are Park, Bendtner, and Denilson.

Add in a keeper, and perhaps a new central defender (if Djourou goes too), and that's an infusion of mainly young, talented players with experience in England who wouldn't cost that much money.

Are they Fellaini and Cavani? Nope - far cry. Might the squad be improved overall (despite Theo's departure)? I think it might. Especially as some of the youngsters/reserves also develop and the best of them break into the first team over the next couple of seasons.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Arsenal flop Santos set to make cut-price return to Turkey.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-flop-andre-santos-set-1499162

ARSENAL have turned down a £2.5million bid from Galatasaray for flop Andre Santos.
:facepalm:
Why Wenger?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4707957/Arsenal-snub-Galatasarays-25m-Andre-Santos-bid.html#ixzz2FhYOs6Z7
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Chumlum wrote:OK, this is just idle speculation on my part, for kicks. Based on recent rumblings, I wonder if the following transfer scenario could play out.

January
In - Demba Ba (£7.5m), Mohamed Diame (£3.5m), Luke Shaw (£5m - not sure what estimated transfer cost would be for him?)
Out - Andre Santos (£2.5m to Galatasaray?), Arshavin (£2-3m, to Reading possibly?), Chamakh (on loan?)

Summer
In - Will Hughes (Derby apparently going to hold off on selling him this winter; currently rated at about £4m), Wilfried Zaha (ditto on leaving in January; anywhere from £9-15m I guess)
Out - Chamakh permanently for a small fee, probably Theo on a free, Fabianski, Squillaci, I think probably Diaby, possibly Gervinho even, and then of course there are Park, Bendtner, and Denilson.

Add in a keeper, and perhaps a new central defender (if Djourou goes too), and that's an infusion of mainly young, talented players with experience in England who wouldn't cost that much money.

Are they Fellaini and Cavani? Nope - far cry. Might the squad be improved overall (despite Theo's departure)? I think it might. Especially as some of the youngsters/reserves also develop and the best of them break into the first team over the next couple of seasons.

Will Hughes looks really talented
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Tonight's Evening Standard write that Arsenal are 'actively' trying to sign Demba Ba & Kevin Strootman

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 A-pvuKjCYAAwE_n
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Just heard about Malaga..... Cazorla needs to get in 'Isco is suffering' Twisted Evil
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Interest in Soldado according to Twitter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Mail: Arsenal want to sign David Villa from Barcelona on loan in January with a view to a permanent move - http://bit.ly/VUZEVY
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Apparently tomorrow's Daily Mirror says Walcott has agreed to a new 5-year deal ... ? Was writing off this possibility more with each passing day, if true. Shocked

EDIT: There's an old copy of the Mirror circulating on Twitter ("Wenger Wins War with Walcott"), so there's either a dumb hoax or somebody has picked out a poor illustration for otherwise legit news.

Last edited by Chumlum on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Seriously, Villa to Arsenal on loan makes no sense. Lazy journalism.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:01 pm

It's an old paper.

A couple of clues:

Top left hand corner is about the start of the Paralympics, which have long since finished.

On the right is a story about Carroll wanting to leave Liverpool, but he's already at West Ham.

The top story is about Alastair Cook becoming England captain. That was over a month ago.

So yeah, nothing new, I'm afraid.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:06 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's an old paper.

Yeah, I got suckered by all the Twitter talk just when I checked, but then I actually looked at the cover ...

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up falsely, didn't mean to.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:50 pm

A lot of people got deceived lool.

I don't know what to make of the David Villa story. I would like him, obviously but i am not sure about paying a 31 year old over 100k p/w. But then we do need a player like him badly
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Sign Adrian Lopez instead.

Just gave Atletico the win against Celta Vigo:

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 pm

I wouldn't mind a loan with a view to buy for Villa, as unlikely as that would be. While it'd probably benefit us more in the long term to buy a younger forward or winger (so we could allow Walcott/Giroud/Podolski to play up top), such as Adrian (nice goal btw), Villa is undoubtedly one of the best strikers around and would inject this team with some much needed quality in the final third.

The problem is, of course, his age and wages, which I why I think a loan-to-buy would be ideal because we'd get to see if he's worth it first instead of just taking a chance.

Shame he doesn't seem to want to move in January.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 am

100k or not... We need David Villa!..... *fanboy*
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:05 am

I really dont care how much a week we pay the striker, we need a top top top one to lead us in the CL and EPL. Laughing

We have around 7 players who we pay high wages and useless. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I really dont care how much a week we pay the striker, we need a top top top one to lead us in the CL and EPL. Laughing

We have around 7 players who we pay high wages and useless. :facepalm:

KJH hasn't signed his new deal with Schalke yet. He wants 3 years, they're only offering 2. Maybe we still have a shot.
Still would have to give him 100k/week.

And if Walcott wants 100k, but we're offering 75k, I think we should increase our offer by about 10k and meet somewhere in the middle. He's not worth 85k probably, but we have to set a precedent at some point.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next