McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:12 pm

dmize wrote:Celtics lost to the Bobcats to end the streak.

smh @ getting the beats from a 37% spot up shooting center. Mullens had 25 and 18 :facepalm: and Walker had 18, 6, 6 and 3 steals.

Jeff Green is still playing well but him and Garnett were the only real bright spots.

edit: Barbosa had to be carried off with a knee injury, could be season ending.

dmize wrote:Celtics lost to the Bobcats to end the streak.

smh @ getting the beats from a 37% spot up shooting center. Mullens had 25 and 18 :facepalm: and Walker had 18, 6, 6 and 3 steals.

Jeff Green is still playing well but him and Garnett were the only real bright spots.

edit: Barbosa had to be carried off with a knee injury, could be season ending.

I knew it would end vs someone bad Laughing

Shame about Barbosa, no luck at all.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Miami decided to keep it close and give them hope until the last few minutes.. The Lakers were like somebody drowning but only having their lips above water taking their last gasp of air

Very Happy

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm

I never expected us to win against Miami , even more so after seeing them out-rebound us throughout the game .... when it should've been the other way around ....

Clark has a sore foot , and is going to get an MRI ... Great timing for a season full of great timing , can't catch a break with all these injuries ... making the play-offs and clicking till then is going to be so hard ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

I was just thinking how you would feel about an Offensive Player of the Year award in NBA like they have in the NFL. Maybe this could lead to the MVP being more literal
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Swagg wrote:Miami decided to keep it close and give them hope until the last few minutes.. The Lakers were like somebody drowning but only having their lips above water taking their last gasp of air

Very Happy

Dat Delusion Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Freeza wrote:I was just thinking how you would feel about an Offensive Player of the Year award in NBA like they have in the NFL. Maybe this could lead to the MVP being more literal

So an offensive player of the year and no MVP? Or both?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Freeza wrote:I was just thinking how you would feel about an Offensive Player of the Year award in NBA like they have in the NFL. Maybe this could lead to the MVP being more literal

So an offensive player of the year and no MVP? Or both?
Both of them, I mean it doesn't really make much sense that there is an award for defense and yet no award for offense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Then I agree totally.

Though, I think people will use it as a cop out of sorts.

This year for example, they would give Durant the offensive player of the year and Lebron the MVP. Just because they dont want to slight Lebron but cant ignore what Durant is doing.

Its easier that way than actually making the hard decision.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

I think there should be a most outstanding player (MOP) award and an MVP award..

The MOP can go to the flat out best player in the league (LeBron), the MVP to the most valuable (LeBron, Durant or whoever)
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:34 am

They are too similar though dont you think?

I mean, MVP I dont think is ever voted for for purely the most valuable player. Its part of the criteria im sure, but I think being the best player in the game is part of it too.

The most valuable player isnt Durant or Lebron...not with Bosh, Westbrook, Wade on each of their teams to play with.

The most valuable player is probably someone who you take off and the team is really in trouble....or has the biggest drop-off in level.

I get were your going, its more fair too, but a little difficult. The MVP will lose its importance.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:46 am

Yeah the MVP kind of goes to the best player and not necessarily the most valuable, but maybe having two separate trophies can help the voters differentiate the two..

I still think the MVP will go to an elite player and it will give guys like Tony P a better chance to win an award.. Since we all know he's not going to get it over the 'big 2'
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 am

I would like the idea of "offensive player", "defensive player" and "best player"...but maybe its a bit long and again, it gives an easy cop out for voters.

Still no chance for a guy like Brave Scotty Parker...who seems his entire career will go underrated.

I dont throw underrated around loosely, but he really is underrated. I dont know how many lists I seen over the years with him not in the top 5 point guard discussion and not even a side note mention for MVP (though I do understand that more)

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 am

The Toronto team got kind of exciting after the Rudy Gay trade, so many high flyers now, DeRozan, Gay and Ross, hope they continue to grow
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 am

Freeza wrote:The Toronto team got kind of exciting after the Rudy Gay trade, so many high flyers now, DeRozan, Gay and Ross, hope they continue to grow

Meanwhile in Memphis.....Prince and Gasol 2 man game is some of the worst stuff I ever seen.

They actually run side pick and rolls and post ups for him Laughing

I dont blame coach Hollins..he is doing his best to try and get something out of that retarded move but damn.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 am

It is one of the worst trades I have seen for a long long time, Memphis were looking really good, and I couldn't see a need to trade him, stupid to try and get more cap space, highly doubt they will get a better team than they had before the trade for some years.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 am

Rudy with another game winner the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Whistle

What a BOSS the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Win

edit:
lol @ the announcer referencing "not this guy"

Last edited by dmize on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 am

Freeza wrote:The Toronto team got kind of exciting after the Rudy Gay trade, so many high flyers now, DeRozan, Gay and Ross, hope they continue to grow

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:13 am

It's always Mozgov Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 am

The Franchise wrote:I would like the idea of "offensive player", "defensive player" and "best player"...but maybe its a bit long and again, it gives an easy cop out for voters.

Still no chance for a guy like Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker...who seems his entire career will go underrated.

I dont throw underrated around loosely, but he really is underrated. I dont know how many lists I seen over the years with him not in the top 5 point guard discussion and not even a side note mention for MVP (though I do understand that more)

Anytime you have more than 1 award to signify greatness, you will technically be copping out since it makes the decision easier.. I still think it will better the league though, it would make the voting process easier for the voters and also creates more conversation..

Now people can argue who is the flat out best, AND who is the MVP.. The former will actually have some credibility to it this time around, since it comes with a trophy at the end

I've been a fan of Brave Scotty Parker for a while, I appreciate true point guards.. Not just point getters since for the most part, wing players and big men do it better anyways
.. The Spurs have to be the best NBA franchise of past 10-15 years.. The Lakers have more rings, but the Spurs also dominate the regular season for the most part.. Now he's hitting his peak and deserves more credit
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 am

Tony Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker .........

WTF is with this forum turning TP into Tony Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker Laughing

The MVP tho , should go to Durant if OKC finish with the best record in the league , they are playing in the West after all ... MVP shouldn't go to the flat-out best player , because we'd have seen other greats win many more of these ... it should stay just as it was with the guy that brought the team to the best record ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 pm

pUsHa wrote:Tony Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker .........

WTF is with this forum turning TP into Tony Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker Laughing

The MVP tho , should go to Durant if OKC finish with the best record in the league , they are playing in the West after all ... MVP shouldn't go to the flat-out best player , because we'd have seen other greats win many more of these ... it should stay just as it was with the guy that brought the team to the best record ...

Yeah I noticed that too, I was like dafuq? I don't remember typing that Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 pm

dmize wrote:

Andre Miller should personally apologize for his defence in that play.

Poor Mozgov destroyed thanks to him Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm beginning to think Mozgov wants to be posterized, he has even got a word named after him, he became famous for getting dunked on Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:07 am

Portland 25 points in the 1st Half Laughing
Paul George is a legit superstar in the making, a triple double tonight 12,12,23
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 am

We're killing itttt, outplayed NY in the 2nd half and had Anthony in shackles all night

Makes it 4 straight wins, 5-2 since the Rudy trade.

Thanks Memphis
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next