Ganso
Arquitecto
LeVersacci
Lupi
FalcaoPunch
45 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by S Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 am

With Nene leaving that clears up the #10 jersey.

Ibra for the #10 then hmm

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by Xifio Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 am

no doubt about it ... though, at club level, the #10 is cursed for Zlatan -- he never has a chance to wear it when he moves to a new club; but, when he does get it, he immediately leaves the club: first Inter, then Milan, surely not PSG next?
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 am

Haha good point.But i'm sure his immediate future is tied to PSG and not many teams can afford his exorbitant wages either ways.

Logically Ibra would be the best choice to give the #10 more than anybody in the team.Considering their current strength of the squad ,think nobody is worthy of the #10 as of yet unless they sign another top quality attacking midfielder in the coming summer.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 am

sakho, chantome, alex, gameiro, etc want to play as regulars...l. that's why i'm assuming some of them will leave. happens with top clubs all the time tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:27 am

sure it happens with top clubs, but I'm just noting that the squad size issue isn't really an issue with PSG, considering the imminent exits ... here's a list of players who are either going soon or are already gone:

-------------------------
GOING/GONE
Hoarau
Tiené
Luyindula
Lugano
Nenè
Bodmer
Momo Sissoko

all those players could potentially be gone by the end of Jan ... that leaves these players for the remainder of the season, a couple of whom could go in the summer (marked by the arrow [->] symbol):

GK
Sirigu
Aréola
Douchez
RB
Jallet
van der Wiel [->]
CB
Thiago Silva
Sakho
Alex
Z.Camara [->]
LB
Maxwell
Armand [->]
DLP
Verratti
C[D]M
Matuidi
Rabiot
Chantôme
T.Motta
AM
Pastore
WF/SS
Ménez
Lavezzi
Lucas
ST
Zlatan
Gameiro [->]

that remaining squad would only have 22 players -- roughly 1 starter and 1 deputy per position ... that's a pretty lean squad, wouldn't you say? too lean, in fact: 24-25 players, including 3 keepers, is the ideal ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:10 am

they'll call up youth players if needed. Keeper, ikoko on defense and the kid forward are all youth France Nt players and are good. i think they'll buy a dm and a fullback before the transfer window closes though...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Anelka is training with PSG. If he's being considered, then i think Gameiro may be trying to get sold...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

PSG's Nene 80% sure to go to Santos
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:19 am

why Anelka??!!
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:18 am

Xifio wrote:why Anelka??!!

he's a psg youth product, he's free and he's fine with being on the bench. I actually think they want a 3rd CF and still keep Gameiro. Ibra has a tendency to get suspended lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Nene-nouveau-rebondissement/341563

Nene changed his mind again and going for the money. Al-Gharafa of Qatar has offered him 11 mil over 18 months (611k per month) and he's going to jump on it. Santos had offered 330k per month.

I think both wages are ridiculous tbh. Nene is not worth 4 mil a year... let alone 7.5 mil, which is what he's getting lol.

I understand his choice though. That's a lot of cheese to leave on the table.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Nene-nouveau-rebondissement/341563

Nene changed his mind again and going for the money. Al-Gharafa of Qatar has offered him 11 mil over 18 months (611k per month) and he's going to jump on it. Santos had offered 330k per month.

I think both wages are ridiculous tbh. Nene is not worth 4 mil a year... let alone 7.5 mil, which is what he's getting lol.

I understand his choice though. That's a lot of cheese to leave on the table.
haha, never has a truer statement been uttered ...

and I'm glad he isn't going to Italy ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:50 am

Ancelotti: Nothing has changed with Anelka

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti insists nothing has changed regarding Nicolas Anelka's situation in Paris and he will return to Chinese outfit Shanghai Shenhua.

The former France international has been training with Les Parisiens in order to keep up his fitness while his Asian club are on their off-season break, which has led to speculation over the striker's future.

However, Ancelotti is adamant that his initial conditions have not been altered and Anelka will return to China as proposed.

"Anelka? nothing has changed. He is training with us before resuming with his Chinese club," the 53-year-old told reporters.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 am

Menez refuses to come off PSG bench

Having lost his starting place to Lucas Moura, the ex-Roma man decided against replacing the Brazilian late on in the Parisians' 0-0 draw with Ajaccio on Friday.

Source: RMC

Sounds fishy hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 am

Actually BeIN Sport is the one reporting the story, which is worrying since they're reliable about PSG obviously. Remains to be checked though... i hope not. I already don't like Pastore and mildly dislike Menez. I need one of them to prove me wrong! Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:27 am

Damn.Honestly though,he didn't deserve to lose his spot.Pastore deserved to.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 am

Regardless, you don't refuse to come into the game lol. If true, it's disgraceful. We need Menez though, so i hope this isn't talked about unless it becomes a real problem.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:14 am

Yeah I know he didn't do the right thing,just saying Carlo shouldn't have dropped him.If he keeps bitchin,it mustn't be hard to replace him tbh.

edit:Menez said that news is fake.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Menez denies refusing to come on the pitch.... so that's that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:03 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Ben-arfa-paris-un-reve-d-enfant/342360

Ben Arfa:

"I was always immersed into PSG and PSG is my logo for football. The Parc des Princes is 15 mins from my family's house and my big brother is a fanatic. He gave me his passion. PSG is a part of me."

"Playing for PSG would be a childhood dream. If they were to make an offer for me, i would look at it with extreme interest. It would be an honor to play next to Ibrahimovic."

An attack of Lucas, Ben Arfa, Lavezzi and Ibrahimovic What a Face
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:00 pm

idk...only one consistent goalscorer.PSG should go after players that makes the team less dependent on Ibra.

When I say dependent I mean in the "goals scored" sense.Lavezzi,Lucas and Ben Arfa can score but they just arent reliable enough to do it consistently.What will happen will Ibra doesnt play well or flop in CL?

I think a pure 9 would be great like Cavani/Falcao.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Well they have Gameiro for now and should play him more if Carlo is smart. The guy can play but needs some playing time. Last year, he had selfish players like Nene and Menez + Pastoreflop. The only only time Pastore has ever played well in his time at PSG was in his first 6 weeks... and Gameiro got 8 goals in 6 weeks.

He's a pure 9. I really hope we give him some looks. He'll make runs all night long.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Ganso wrote:idk...only one consistent goalscorer.PSG should go after players that makes the team less dependent on Ibra.

When I say dependent I mean in the "goals scored" sense.Lavezzi,Lucas and Ben Arfa can score but they just arent reliable enough to do it consistently.What will happen will Ibra doesnt play well or flop in CL?

I think a pure 9 would be great like Cavani/Falcao.

I wouldn't call the side reliant on Ibra as like with Allegri's Milan, the side is only built around Ibra. PSG after Ibra have 3 players who have 21 goals between them and one of them who barely starts. Like in Milan, PSG look for fluid and dynamic without him. Doesn't necessarily mean that PSG is better without Ibra as they are far more decisive, creative and dominant with him but the latter point is to describe that PSG CAN succeed without him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 pm

You misunderstood me,I did not say that PSG are dependent on Ibra to win,like it happened a lot in Milan since Ibra did,pretty much everything on attack.Im sure PSG would do just as well without him.What I am trying to say is that when Ibra plays, the system is built around him and its built to make Ibra score.When he doesn't,then it depends on the other players who aren't consistent goalscorers.What I tried to say is that PSG relies a lot on Ibra scoring and that responsibility could be shared if they had another player that can consistently score in the lineup instead of just creative players like Ben Arfa,Lucas,Lavezzi etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Ganso wrote:You misunderstood me,I did not say that PSG are dependent on Ibra to win,like it happened a lot in Milan since Ibra did,pretty much everything on attack.Im sure PSG would do just as well without him.What I am trying to say is that when Ibra plays, the system is built around him and its built to make Ibra score.When he doesn't,then it depends on the other players who aren't consistent goalscorers.What I tried to say is that PSG relies a lot on Ibra scoring and that responsibility could be shared if they had another player that can consistently score in the lineup instead of just creative players like Ben Arfa,Lucas,Lavezzi etc

My apologies Regis as I misunderstood. I can agree you with on many points. What's encouraging is despite Ibra creating the large bulk of the chances for PSG, the chances are created by many others and towards others aside from Ibra. So in essence, the talent is there yet PSG need that finishing touch as aside from Gamiero and Ibra we both can agree that the poor conversion rate is poor and as we witnessed vs Ajaccio, that was a testament to how PSG cannot rely only on Ibra to finish.

Personally my wish would be to see Gamiero up front as a 9 with Ibra supporting him as an SS/#10, but its unlikely to happen.

What would be your solution?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 pm

ajaccio problem was going down to 10 men mostly and having "one of those nights". Pastore should just leave too.

19 times out of 20, if not more, ibra scores one of those chances.

the key to this whole thing is menez and pastore. they are both inconsistent. you can't have them on the pitch together as a result unless you want to risk it. Imo, psg needs to sell one of them and get a consistent am into the club. Maybe you make a serious run at Isco.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next