Ganso
Arquitecto
LeVersacci
Lupi
FalcaoPunch
45 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Motta is going to be gone soon. He's made of glass and is getting older. But until then, the 2-deep is Motta and Verrati.

Not saying Sissoko is a winger... but he can player there and has done it well. He'll be fighting with Matuidi mostly as the B2B however.

The idea at PSG is to try and go 2 deep at every position like all the elite clubs. The players understand that. it's open competition and best gets to... compete some more lol.

As far as Isimat-Mirin, he's only 21. The thought is that either Sakho or Alex are going to leave... so PSG is planning on the replacement in advance.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 am

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/8c2b4873bd8s.html

Here is the video in which Carlo comments on how he doesn't need any more players to cope throughout the season.

As a whole PSG do not need anyone yet the fullback issue must be addressed. Jallet and Maxwell have been serviceable as especially in attack yet inconsistent in defence. 4-4-2 will help protect their weaknesses yet more it needed. It was heavily miscalculated to acquire VdW who is shit but Bacary Sagna would be an excellent move given his all round assurance of consistency and already being French to communicate with the defence. Coentrao for me is underrated and I'm sure he'll be sold under 20 so that would help PSG on their weak left flank.

Ashley Cole despite his age would be a good move as he can help PSG throughout the season for Ligue 1 as legends who tend to make similar moves, tend to perform well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:14 am

Not sold on Motta-Veratti midfield combination especially if PSG come up against big opponents in CL.They're going to be heavily exposed on the counters if they deploy both together.Motta-Matuidi would be a much more safer option me thinks.He used that with much success against Lyon a few weeks ago.

Since Carlo has found success with the 4-4-2 ,at this point i'd like to think Veratti would just be a rotational player to Motta or in other words a Vice-Motta.Either ways i'd just like to see him play more often.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:23 am

Surag wrote:Not sold on Motta-Veratti midfield combination especially if PSG come up against big opponents in CL.They're going to be heavily exposed on the counters if they deploy both together.Motta-Matuidi would be a much more safer option me thinks.He used that with much success against Lyon a few weeks ago.

Since Carlo has found success with the 4-4-2 ,at this point i'd like to think Veratti would just be a rotational player to Motta or in other words a Vice-Motta.Either ways i'd just like to see him play more often.

Motta won't be paired up with Verrati in the 4-4-2 you are correct. But what Carlo plans is to form a partnership between Verrati-Matudi similar to Gattuso-Pirlo very soon in the future. Verrati simply isn't being played in order for him to recover from the burnout but him being the 2nd most important and impressive player earlier on in the season shows how vital he is to the midfield attack.

Motta as of now is just to help PSG go through a transitional period and while he has performed well since coming to PSG, his injury proneness and age will result in him being shifted out sooner or later.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 am

Matuidi-Verrati?I think that Carlo prefers the Motta-Matuidi duo.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 am

Ganso wrote:Matuidi-Verrati?I think that Carlo prefers the Motta-Matuidi duo.

As mentioned above Matudi-Verrati is a future set-up within next season as Motta as of now is deemed a short term solution to their midfield rotation. Carlo does indeed prefer what you mentioned but that is for this season as his plans for the future will be closer to Matudi-Verrati.

Also depends on how the formation will change but the creator-destroyer tandem will be stressed within the midfield.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 am

Cole and/or Sagna would prove good for PSG with their experience and their defending/attacking elements that PSG FB don't have or just average in.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:37 pm

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/psg/c-est-concret-pour-nicolas-isimat-mirin-956689.shtml

Confirmed that PSG is making a move on Isimat-Mirin. He will be left on loan at valenciennes. If it closes, fantastic pickup. I've actually been on the Milan board for months saying that this kid is a real gem and they should focus on him since his pricetag is more reasonable than Mbiwa... but it's too late now.

He's the tactical type CB. He likes to think the game as opposed to just looking for duels everywhere. Silva is the perfect mentor for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

Silva, Sahko, Alex and Mirin. Plenty of options for rotation...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Les-retardataires-agacent-leonardo/339309

Leonardo: "some people are going to leave and others may come to replace them this winter."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am

lugano and nene are leaving for sure.Not sure Nene needs a replacement,Lugano needs a low profile substitute
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 am

Leonardo denying talks with Ashley Cole. Hopefully he will soon time...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Nene has Lucas to replace him. Lugano needs nobody since there's already Camara as the 4th CB. The guy that would need replacing is Momo Sissoko, which would be Moussa Sissoko.

Looks like Hoarau is going to Malaga... so Gameiro will be kept. If both go, then a backup CF is necessary. THere's a crazy rumor that Raul has been contacted to become a rotation player Shocked

I also heard another wild rumor today that Pastore is going to be shopped and Isco is a target this summer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Surag wrote:Wasnt Sissoko craving for a move to England though ? Last time i heard Newcastle were rumored to make a move for him in Jan.

Well that sort of changed.... we are still interested but all moves are being delayed till the summer.

I think the plan was if Tiote was sold then get him in and go with a Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye midfield.

Our efforts are being concentrated on Debuchy, Remy and a CB this window.

If Sissoko is still available in the summer then i think we will be very interested but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes this window.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm

If Sissoko was to become available come the summer it would be difficult for you to get him though perhaps.He would be a bosman transfer and would likely demand high wages,plus there would be a host of top clubs looking to add players like him to the roster for the necessary depth(Even we are reportedly interested btw should he be available on a free).So i would think the best chance for Newcastle to get him is now but it seems like you have other priorities either ways plus you have an emerging young midfielder in Bigiramana.

But it looks like PSG are favorites to sign him anyways.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Yh i agree i would think the interest is there based on Tiote possibly leaving...

None the less as you say PSG are probably favourites and on a free he would command wages we couldn't afford.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:28 pm

PSG join Walcott race

Theo Walcott, whose Arsenal contract runs out in the summer, can talk to foreign clubs over a transfer now the window is open, and Paris Saint-Germain are willing to bring him to the Parc des Princes.

Source: Daily Star

LOL
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Liverpool hopeful over Gameiro

Brendan Rodgers wants to take Paris Saint-Germain striker Kevin Gameiro to Liverpool on loan, while the club's move for Blackpool midfielder Thomas Ince has stalled.

Source: Daily Telegraph
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Tiote should leave anyhow Mole... he's been mostly atrocious this year too. Very disappointed in him.

Frankly, Moussa needs to make a choice. He will make higher wages at PSG compared to Newcastle obviously. But he's competing against Matuidi. Matuidi has been an absolute beast this year.

In the summer, you may even have Real Madrid jump into the fray for his services. City and Chelsea for sure.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Tiote should leave anyhow Mole... he's been mostly atrocious this year too. Very disappointed in him.

Agreed but clubs have to want to buy him lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:Frankly, Moussa needs to make a choice. He will make higher wages at PSG compared to Newcastle obviously. But he's competing against Matuidi. Matuidi has been an absolute beast this year.

In the summer, you may even have Real Madrid jump into the fray for his services. City and Chelsea for sure.

But then again he would just be a depth option for either of these clubs..So in the end it comes to down to money and whether he would like to test himself in a bigger league or remain in his homeland.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:54 pm

As for Gamiero to Liverpool that makes little sense to me....

I would have thought they was looking for mobile forwards who play wide and Gamiero is mobile but i wouldn't think he would play wide very often.

Unless of course they want to move Suarez wide and play Gamiero through the middle which seems a bit unlikely considering Suarez form.

It shows the window is indeed open anyway lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah i think they should be going after Remy who would be perfect for them.

But seems like you are close to him anyway.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Surag wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Frankly, Moussa needs to make a choice. He will make higher wages at PSG compared to Newcastle obviously. But he's competing against Matuidi. Matuidi has been an absolute beast this year.

But then again he would just be a depth option for either of these clubs..So in the end it comes to down to money and whether he would like to test himself in a bigger league or remain in his homeland.

PSG is plenty big. I don't think that's even a consideration. Almost every player in France went abroad for 2 reasons: 1) better wages and 2) chance at CL. None gave two hoots about the domestic league trophies.

It's all about notoriety and money... now there's a viable club that offers that in Ligue 1.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Surag wrote:

He's miles better than Mikel or Luiz and i won't even discuss G Barry and the guy City bought from Portugal... he's better than all these guys imo. He's a B2B remember than can play DM or even winger if needed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 am

sportsczy wrote:
I also heard another wild rumor today that Pastore is going to be shopped and Isco is a target this summer.
That would be crazy awesome.Getting Isco would be pretty easy,getting rid of Pastore in the other hand....lol

PSG better be careful to not become another 2009-2011 Man C,stacking a bunch of scrubs then going through hell to sell them.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next