eelir
OLpower
Mr Nick09
48 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Greatest magician ever Empty Greatest magician ever

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:11 pm

For the life of me, when are we going to stop and ponder at the fact that mourinho is a tactical fraud.

I mean, the papers are already talking about how madrid are nothing without ronaldo and mourinho is pulling his usual deflecting act talking about casillas and what not.

but my god, 3 years at a club, and he hasnt been able to develop one consistent scheme of football that works through hell and fire. Hoofing is not even fit for stokes nowadays. Players have internally been complaining about the fact that he is not giving them tools to win games. And who can blame them, you go from playing organic football with Spain to playing a brand of football that isnt fit for the epl.

This is pure mediocrity. Winning isnt the end all things in football.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Greatest magician ever Empty Re: Greatest magician ever

Post by OLpower Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Mourinho built a monster Madrid last season, don't forget it.

Record number of point, record number of goal scored, strong and attractive football, owning of Barcelona, semi final of CL , Liga title.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:16 pm

His latest excuse for the point difference is: in the initial 6-7 games, there were "things" that he cant say.And the team who is second or third has more pressure, so all the subsequent games are because of that.

He guys is not magician. He is a spin doctor.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 pm

attractive football? we played attractive football for a month and a half, the rest of the season, we were just ridiculously efficient. We were coming short in many games last season already, but we were able to score 2 or 3 to get away with the win.

there is no depth in the way we play, hence why we struggle. The monster was due to our efficient and thirst to beat barcelona. we did beat them, it's time to move on. He compensated his inaptitude to build a balanced system with our desire to overcome barcelona, but now that we did, there is nothing left.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 pm

internally means you got no sources right?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:31 pm

When I watched Real last season, it was the perfect balance between speed, strenght, possession and counter attack. The mix was powerful. We were able to beat the Real of Pellegrini, but the Mourinho machine was way too good.

Personnally I can't blame Mourinho for what I see. If one system succeeded so well the last season, there is no reason for its failure with the same group of player. The only thing I would criticize Mourinho, is his choices regarding Benzema. Higuain can't match him but is still picked first.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Does it matter, you are exactly like the other buffoons masquerading him for something he isnt, and doing your best to avoid talking about how flimsy he is with actual football and tactics. 3 years, and we are still playing like we just got together. Players instructed to hoof the ball any chance they get? playing counter any chance you get? goddamn
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm

I don't think we've ever been good with possession under Mourinho. Occasionally we might have, however it's been inconsistent. We've relied on counter-attacking too much. A top team like Real Madrid will automatically dominate vs most sides, however we don't really have a style of play when we do dominate. I mean counter-attacking is ok, but that doesn't mean we can't be competent when we have the ball.

It's just random hoofs to the wing/wherever and random crosses from Di Maria. Against Celta Vigo we played a 4-2-2-2 and it was one of our best games in a long time in terms of good build up play and final third play. I'm not sure why Mourinho changed the formation vs Osasuna.

Osasuna, the bottom team in the league had more possession than us. I'm not sure Mourinho will ever improve the team in terms of style. It's been 3 years and it hasn't really changed. Modric is being wasted simply because he isn't being used properly. Even though he was voted the worst signing by Marca, I think Modric has been the best midfielder for Real Madrid this season.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm

OLpower wrote:When I watched Real last season, it was the perfect balance between speed, strenght, possession and counter attack. The mix was powerful. We were able to beat the Real of Pellegrini, but the Mourinho machine was way too good.

Personnally I can't blame Mourinho for what I see. If one system succeeded so well the last season, there is no reason for its failure with the same group of player. The only thing I would criticize Mourinho, is his choices regarding Benzema. Higuain can't match him but is still picked first.

His choices are part of it all. organizing a rotation policy with two elite CF is one dumb thing to do for 3 seasons. you dont think it's part of why our CFs are growing so little and missing sitters when it matters? his team politic over the 3 years has been very flawed. If not for Higuain getting injured, Benzema would have never made it. he didnt get better because mourinho used some kind of super coaching mechanism that consisted in humiliating him in front of the other guys.

Again, perfect balance between speed, power, possession and counter? where you like watching only the games we would shred zaragoza or rayo?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Does it matter, you are exactly like the other buffoons masquerading him for something he isnt, and doing your best to avoid talking about how flimsy he is with actual football and tactics. 3 years, and we are still playing like we just got together. Players instructed to hoof the ball any chance they get? playing counter any chance you get? goddamn

When Real plays badly, it is Mourinho fault. But when Real is playing well, it is not his success. You are completely biased against him.

His tactics were tailormade to take down Barcelona and he did it. Before , real was being outclassed in clasico. He took a beating before figuring out how to not lose against them.

If some Madrid players have an ego too big to work hard on the pitch two consecutive years, I would rather blame them.

Regarding his choices, i disagree with him for Benzema, and the Coentra and Sahin choices were total flop. That's where he can be blamed.

Last edited by OLpower on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 pm

This is nonsense, Real Madrid hasn't played better under any other manager since Del Bosque. The amount of pressure at this club is insane, especially with Barcelona doing so well. Sacking Mourinho would be an even bigger mistake than Del Bosque, luckily Perez has learnt his lessons, you don't sack a manager after one bad season.

buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:attractive football? we played attractive football for a month and a half, the rest of the season, we were just ridiculously efficient. We were coming short in many games last season already, but we were able to score 2 or 3 to get away with the win.

there is no depth in the way we play, hence why we struggle. The monster was due to our efficient and thirst to beat barcelona. we did beat them, it's time to move on. He compensated his inaptitude to build a balanced system with our desire to overcome barcelona, but now that we did, there is nothing left.

Jose mourinho doesn't play attractive football . he is a pragmatic coach . short term manager ( the best i this categorie ) to overcome difficults challenges
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

buddytaller wrote:This is nonsense, Real Madrid hasn't played better under any other manager since Del Bosque. The amount of pressure at this club is insane, especially with Barcelona doing so well. Sacking Mourinho would be an even bigger mistake than Del Bosque, luckily Perez has learnt his lessons, you don't sack a manager after one bad season.

Well you better start praying mate.

The season where VDB was sacked wasn't even a bad one. albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm

buddytaller wrote:This is nonsense, Real Madrid hasn't played better under any other manager since Del Bosque. The amount of pressure at this club is insane, especially with Barcelona doing so well. Sacking Mourinho would be an even bigger mistake than Del Bosque, luckily Perez has learnt his lessons, you don't sack a manager after one bad season.

Amount of pressure doesnt stop you from actually building a football project in 3 seasons. And if my memory serves right, no coach has had more breathing room than mourinho in about 10 years. what could possibly be his excuse for us looking so mediocre in the course of play? he has built nothing. Assembling a squad for 30+ millions rated players isnt exactly difficult you know.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 am

You don't build for the future at Real Madrid, you win trophies or you face the sack so far Mourinho hasn't done badly at all, despite facing the best Barcelona in history he's managed to double the amount of trophies Madrid has won since la liga in 2003. Madrid's form this season hasn't been great but to put the blame squarely on Mourinho is just ridiculous.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 am

buddytaller wrote:You don't build for the future at Real Madrid, you win trophies or you face the sack so far Mourinho hasn't done badly at all, despite facing the best Barcelona in history he's managed to double the amount of trophies Madrid has won since la liga in 2003. Madrid's form this season hasn't been great but to put the blame squarely on Mourinho is just ridiculous.
what are you talking about, he won one cup and one league in 2 seasons.

Besides, you are contradicting yourself. If mourinho just want to win now and isnt building for the future, sacking him by season end wont actually hurt us. the cycle he started is already ending.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 am

Thought this was going to be a Iniesta vs Zidane thread fight with a mix of Ronaldinho and others.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:what are you talking about, he won one cup and one league in 2 seasons.

Besides, you are contradicting yourself. If mourinho just want to win now and isnt building for the future, sacking him by season end wont actually hurt us. the cycle he started is already ending.

Between 2003 and 2010, Real Madrid under a countless number of manager won the league twice and the super cup once, Mourinho since taking charge has won the league once, the copa del rey once and the the super cup once.

I'm not contradicting myself, Real Madrid is a pressure pot, lose a few matches and you'd have an X on your chest, soon enough fans would then start taking white handkerchiefs to the stadium ready to vote you out. Mourinho is the only manager available in my opinion who can withstand the pressure and get Madrid winning despite the opposition.

Patience is not in Real Madrid's vocabulary and that is not going to change any time soon, building for the future would not be allowed to come at the expense of trophies at this club. The moment Mourinho stops winning trophies he'll be sacked but till then, you can only allow him to manage the team the way he see fit.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 am

Last year, we had CR7 at 20% efficiency (hogh for him), Benz at 23% (top 5 in Europe) and Higuain at 30% (second only to Gomez). That's what did it.

This year, all 3 players are in the teens in terms of efficiency. Otherwise, our tactics are exactly the same.

Last year, we scored early and we could then counter because teams had to come at us. This year, we are not scoring that early goal.

Overall, it's a tactical fail by Mou because having the level of efficiency as we did last year is not sustainable. As soon as he saw that our efficiency level was lower, i would expect a manager of Mou's reputation to adjust and emphasize midfield creativity a bit more. He's done that lately by benching Di Maria and playing Ozil with Modric... but it's far, far too late unfortunately. It took him 4 months to make the adjustment. I also am curious to see if he stays with it or reverts back to his glorified hoofball tactics.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 am

I know that currently he takes too much blame maybe, with some madrid fans forgetting his contribution, but this guys status throughout the years as an infallable genious whose every action/antic was a strategically planed part of a masterplan was really annoying. He's a great coach, no doubt, but that's more or less all. The guy has made mistakes (to some posters surprise) like all coaches do.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 am

Madrid has won a La Liga crown every 2 years on average in its history. Mou is no better and no worse than the club average in his first two seasons. With this year, he falls below the club average. The only thing that would save his legacy at Madrid is a CL win... otherwise, he's been a below average manager by our standards.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 am

buddytaller wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:what are you talking about, he won one cup and one league in 2 seasons.

Between 2003 and 2010, Real Madrid under a countless number of manager won the league twice and the super cup once, Mourinho since taking charge has won the league once, the copa del rey once and the the super cup once.

I'm not contradicting myself, Real Madrid is a pressure pot, lose a few matches and you'd have an X on your chest, soon enough fans would then start taking white handkerchiefs to the stadium ready to vote you out. Mourinho is the only manager available in my opinion who can withstand the pressure and get Madrid winning despite the opposition.

Patience is not in Real Madrid's vocabulary and that is not going to change any time soon, building for the future would not be allowed to come at the expense of trophies at this club. The moment Mourinho stops winning trophies he'll be sacked but till then, you can only allow him to manage the team the way he see fit.

that's actually a bs excuse to justify that we need mourinho around, when we actually dont. Mourinho is not Neo ffs. Here again falling int the redundancy of mou thy savior arguments.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 am

I don't think we really need to worry about the style of play considering he was appointed for instant success. It doesn't look like our style will change anyway under Mourinho. He isn't really a long term manager.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:49 am

It's not about style for ffs. It's about giving your team tools and weapons to win games.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am

I doubt if Mourinho can't be a long term manager for Madrid any other coach can, he's already lasted longer than any other manager at the club in the last decade.

I enjoy seeing the team win trophies, and so far so good, Real Madrid is winning trophies, at the end of the season we may have won the CL and CDR double and finished second in la liga, that would be one of the most successful seasons in the clubs history.

EDIT: Just checked on Wikipedia, only three managers in the History of Real Madrid have played more competitive matches than Jose Mourinho. He's also the longest serving manager presently in la liga - Patience

Last edited by buddytaller on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next