OLpower
Mr Nick09
48 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Greatest magician ever - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest magician ever

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 am

this season my biggest gripes with him are

1. transfers. not reinforcing the RB problem or the midfield problem.
2. losing the faith and trust of the players and as a result:
3. not being able to motivate the players.

thats pretty huge, and not to the standard of real madrid.

however, the problems are not coming just from mourinho. the injuries and suspensions have been a massive setback to madrid starting right after all of the players came back in miserable form after the euros another reason for the terrible performances

but to sum it up mourinho hasnt set up madrid to fail this season (a lot of things have been and still are out of his control), but certainly could have done many things to prevent such poor performances.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:16 am

I was right again when I said he hasnt acknowledged the RB problem, maybe he sees something in Arbeloa which others dont idk.

People wanted possession football under Mou when the club dosent even have those type of players (midfielders) to even play that style hence to even some extent Laughing. Modric is the closest one tho. Having scrubs around dosent help either. Massive overhaul is needed, starting with flops like kaka, khedira, arbeloa, di maria, benzema etc...
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 am

Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter, won the league everywhere he has been but a part of that, he is such a poor tactician...

Mourinho is a mastermind, he is the best at breaking down an opponent and at finding its mistakes. That's why he has been able to own Barcelona multiples times.

The only teams that were successfully able to confront Barcelona in CL or Domestic environment in recent times were Mourinho engineered. (Inter, Chelsea and Real in Liga)
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 am

OLpower wrote:That's why he has been able to own Barcelona multiples times.

14 games played. 3 games won. All of them with 1 goal difference. One in extra time. In all 3 losses Barcelona missed their first choice centreback pairing. Totally "owned". Laughing

He's a shit tactician. There is nothing "tactical" about this Madrid side. Stoke City with world class players. That's Mourinho's Madrid.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 am

You are mad because Mourinho is able to neutralize Barcelona?
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 am

danyjr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:attractive football? we played attractive football for a month and a half, the rest of the season, we were just ridiculously efficient. We were coming short in many games last season already, but we were able to score 2 or 3 to get away with the win.

there is no depth in the way we play, hence why we struggle. The monster was due to our efficient and thirst to beat barcelona. we did beat them, it's time to move on. He compensated his inaptitude to build a balanced system with our desire to overcome barcelona, but now that we did, there is nothing left.
Absolute nonsense.

1- He transformed Madrid into a team who beat Barcelona fair and square after being their little bitch for 3 years.
2- He won La Liga with 100 points, displaying attacking massacre.
3- He got the team to CL semis after how many years?

And you say it is all down to some magical efficiency Laughing

Give credit when it is due. This season he's finished and should be shown the door, but taking away the credit for what he did last year is absurd, period.

Off-topic: I can also say Barcelona weren't the same team last year, simply because Guardiola could not motivate his players any more (as Mourinho is experiencing the same problem now). The players just didn't give any more. How Sir Alex does it season after season shits on my understanding of football and psychology indeed. #MoyesForUnited #NotPep #NotMou

I think another problem, that at least imo was happening with Barca last year was that they looked fatigued as shit by the end of the season. The players usually play in the breaks, playing all the games they do every year plus flying to Japan etc seemed to have taken a toll on them. Plus the lack of depth, the injuries, and playing catch up. That was I think the main killer, the fatigue and injuries. Players are tired but no one to rotate with if people are injured equals the players playing getting even more tired. The team started off tired and just got more tired as the season went on and in the mean time Real Madrid was rolling hard. Credit to them for keeping the pressure and finishing strong. This year Barca is rolling hard and Real Madrid look pissed at Mou and aren't responding. I do find it funny reading all the praise Mou would get when he first arrived, I mean the guy was having his players play like thugs and all the mess he was creating and some how he got praise?! Seriously was making Madrid look bad. Now that he is losing, people finally are realizing his failures as a coach? :facepalm:

I'd be shocked if Mou isn't sacked the next day if Utd take them out. A simple Copa Del Rey possibility and finishing behind possibly ATLETICO isn't going to cut it. I mean it's one thing to finish behind Barca, but behind Atletico?!? lmao Thumbs up
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 am

Moufraudinho would be ok if he didn't antagonize just about everyone, some players included. The brutal politics he exercised were always going to backfire in a short timeframe. You can't be such a Darwinist and expect that to only go one way. He's going to be a victim of his own mantra: Win or gtfo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Se7en wrote:you really have to be ignorant to believe a manager with the titles that mourinho has won can be a average manager

yeah, and you need not to be a genius to understand what i am talking about. Mourinho is clearly good at doing something, otherwise he wouldnt have achieved so much. He is a genius motivator, mediocre tactician, team builder etc... this isnt about whether he can win or not, Di Matteo won a CL ffs

1) Di Matteo's way to win CL was way much different than the way Mou won it. key difference is chelsea won by some of the most insane luck i've ever seen, and mourinho won it becouse of his tacitcs and how he motivated his players to play for blood and sweat in every game for him

2) i recommend you to stop judging mourinho by his time at madrid. yes, his time at madrid bar the 2nd season has been very average, but it's nothing like how he has been at inter and chelsea.

peerIless hasn't summed up my views on this matter perfectly. i agree, great posts so far Thumbs up

Last edited by Se7en on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:02 am

OLpower wrote:You are mad because Mourinho is able to neutralize Barcelona?

Butthurt maybe. But never mad.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 am

'Owning' is really over exaggerating the situation.

I'm not saying Mourinho is a tactical mastermind like some do but calling him a shit tactician who plays like Stoke City is beyond ridiculous. People are so selective and short-term with their memory. The guy has won enough to ensure he has something special in him. The important thing is whether you like or don't like his tactics, you must give credit when it is due. But his consistency with Madrid after years of Los Blanco floppage against Barcelona, in La Liga, Copa and Champions League doesn't mean jack to Madrid fans because his methods are not working any more.

Mourinho is a very conservative tactician and it has worked for him everywhere he's managed. But I'd like to highlight a match where he went against his nature, not by choice but because of necessity. Anyone remember that Copa del Rey second leg in Camp Nou, last year? After an absolute tactical disaster in the first leg, opting to sit deep and let Barcelona have all the possession they want and subsequently getting beaten 1-2.

That second match Madrid, for once, were pressuring crazily high up the pitch and they completely broke Barcelona's tiki-taka, unable to even get out of their own half, at their HOME TURF. Barcelona could have and should have gone 4-0 down in the first 20 minutes and they resorted to hoofball in the last 10 minutes with Madrid a man down. Even though Barcelona managed to earn a draw and qualify, their players didn't celebrate in the end knowing they were second best. But what happened? Mourinho never opted for the same tactics ever again. I wonder what would happen if Bielsa was Madrid's coach.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:17 am

The main thing that had happened in that game was Iniesta's early injury and Fabregas dropping into midfield at a time when he had no clue how to play and move as a midfielder for Barcelona. So Barcelona obviously lost midfield dominance when Madrid were pressuring like crazy. The second main thing that had happened in that game was Lassana Diarra not getting sent off with a second yellow card for the most ridiculously obvious foul on Messi you'll ever see in the first half when the result was 1-0 Barcelona (overall 3-1). :coffee:

Tony Pulisinho. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 am

Of course Mou is not a weak tacticianby any means. Of course he's a great coach. Of course he has tasted sucess that most can only dream of.
But where he really steped it up is in the marketing area. Never in the past fanboys have been so obsessed with a coach. Never in the past repetedly mistakes have been interpreted as concealead glimpses of genious. Never in the past I've seen supporters of a team ending up being suporters of the teams coach instead (and a soldier of fortune in our case - i'm not talking for this forum by the way, i am talking about my friends out there).

Bottom line is that, no matter how good Mou is - and he is without a doubt - this years has gotten too many things wrong. Far too many, for his status, history and definitely pay check.

I, as a barca fan, can only hope that he stays in madrid for another year at least. Not because I think he hasn't worked enough or he hasn't provided enough for Madrid, but because this years dissaray cannot be mend in my eyes
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 am

What has a Lass red card got to do with Madrid's tactical approach? Individual issue, not a tactical one. They had you in their pocket really, you had a record minimum of 54% possession that match.

I was convinced Madrid would play like that every match from then on. Unfortunately when you see Mourinho defending with 10 men when Barcelona are a man and a goal down in Bernabéu, you lose hope (Super Cup).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 am

Why is everyone saying Mourinho "owned" Barcelona?
Don't mean to go off topic but the only owning I remember is the 5-0
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 am

Mou is not tactical genius, nor he is shit. Tactic wise he is above average the best. He is shock therapy motivator. He comes, creates a hostile environment where "everyone/someone is against us". The same tactics used by dictators: find someone/everyone that is against us, which help people unite and motivate fighting against that everyone/someone. "They are cheating, they are conspiring against us, bllah, bllah". This motivates the players to even fight on the field (remember numerous stomps on Barcas players, steeping on Messis hand, trying to get eyes out, conspiracy theories etc.). This motivates the players to the end.

However, the problem with this strategy is that once you achieved the goal, what next? The motivation goes down the drain, you cant point fingers against them/world, because you won, there are no conspiracy happening.

Additionally, for this to work you need to vilify the other team. But the problem is when you have someone in your team who does not buy that shit, because he is in the NT with the "villans". Iker is class and never wanted to go down that road and now we see him being "put to his place", as Mou's motivation technique is not working.

Last edited by eelir on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Oi! "That Greece" manager is Otto Rehhagel and he's a legend. Dude won a Buli with a promotion side and the Euros with Greece and beat the 70's Bayern team 6:0.

I'd go so far to say he's the German Mourinho because he's just as elitist and arrogant, and falls back to previous successes to back himself up and wants complete control of a club.

Holy shit the more and more I think about it the more and more I think Mourinho is a Rehhagel clone.

They both play on the counter with strong emphasis on the wings, they're both disdainful of youth talents and they're both pompous arses whilst being extremely good motivators. Is the only difference between Rehhagel and Mou the quality of the teams they've managed?

Mou is a magician O.o He has somehow avoided comparisons to Rehhagel all this time despite all the parallels o.O
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm

danyjr wrote:What has a Lass red card got to do with Madrid's tactical approach? Individual issue, not a tactical one.

You're joking, right?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm

peerIess wrote:

I may have overexaggerated by calling Jose Mourinho a "tactical mastermind", but he is an exceptional tactician. There is, and should be no doubt about it.

Whether he is excellent or just above average is a matter of opinion.In my opinion, one should go about saying that switching formations from a narrow one to a wide one to counter the full-backs attacking threat is a radical tactic, but you did and that is how you view football and because of this you think he is an exception tactician while i think he is an above average tactician who usually executes better than most managers today.

But he is most certainly not a tactical genius or mastermind and since you have admitted that yourself, there is nothing more i can add.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:42 pm

kiranr wrote:
peerIess wrote:

I may have overexaggerated by calling Jose Mourinho a "tactical mastermind", but he is an exceptional tactician. There is, and should be no doubt about it.

Whether he is excellent or just above average is a matter of opinion. One should go about saying that switching formations from a narrow one to a wide one to counter the full-backs attacking threat as a radical one, but you did and that is how you view football.

But he is most certainly not a tactical genius or mastermind and since you have admitted that yourself, there is nothing more i can add.

He is a much, much better tactician than you seem to think him for. You may have a different outlook on what an 'exceptional tactician' is, but for me he is top 2 in the world.

There are so many instances in which Jose Mourinho has thwarted opponents not due to talent, but due to tactics. The idiots who compare the 2010 Internazionale Champions League run and the 2012 Chelsea Champions League run are morons for not understanding the impact tactical decisions can have on a 2-legged tie.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:00 pm

peerIess wrote:You're joking, right?
Oh god, not you and your comments again...

#AddedToFoesList
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

i on the other hand made a friend request for the first time

peerIess :bow: :bow: :bow:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 pm

danyjr wrote:
peerIess wrote:You're joking, right?
Oh god, not you and your comments again...

#AddedToFoesList

You must suffer from trisomy 21 if you think a red card is not a tactical issue. Do you even have any idea what you are saying? How does being brought to 10 men mean that there is no tactical issue? Just look at the Arsenal match, playing right now. Laurent Koscielny got sent off, and then Alexander Oxlade-Chamberlain was substituted for a defender, Per Mertesacker. How is this not a tactical issue now, you buffoon? One less attacker to give more defensive solidity, so now the attacking threat of Arsenal have been lessened due to the red card.

A red card completely changes the match. The manager has to adapt to being at a major disadvantage and attempt to outwit the opposition tactically, seeing as how they will always lose the numbers game. An average tactician like Arsene Wenger will utterly fail and a mentally weak team will get crushed under pressure, whereas a virtuoso like Jose Mourinho will adapt and shape the team to counter and negate the negative influences of the red card to the fullest extent.

Idiot wrote:i on the other hand made a friend request for the first time

peerIess :bow: :bow: :bow:

Good.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 pm

@PeerIess

These insults are uncalled for and over the line. Consider yourself warned with -25%

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 pm

peerIess wrote:
kiranr wrote:
peerIess wrote:

Whether he is excellent or just above average is a matter of opinion. One should go about saying that switching formations from a narrow one to a wide one to counter the full-backs attacking threat as a radical one, but you did and that is how you view football.

He is a much, much better tactician than you seem to think him for. You may have a different outlook on what an 'exceptional tactician' is, but for me he is top 2 in the world.

There are so many instances in which Jose Mourinho has thwarted opponents not due to talent, but due to tactics. The idiots who compare the 2010 Internazionale Champions League run and the 2012 Chelsea Champions League run are morons for not understanding the impact tactical decisions can have on a 2-legged tie.

You see this just shows how bad your argument is. I and others use the Chelsea / Di Matteo comparison because YOU and YOU alone choose to use 3 games in your diatribe of a post to outline Mou's tactical genius and "Owning" of Barca and the fact that he beat them and Bayern to go on and win the CL, which is just what Di Matteo did.

Here's a little project for you sport, and the French guy can jump in and help you out too.

What is Mou's record against Barcelona since he's been at Madrid? And what is his largest margin of victory since he is "owning" them?

They have played a statistically weird a lot of times over the 2 1/2 years he's been there so there is a massive sample size to look at and the teams have been very similar each game in personnel bar a few changes here and there.

And yes, he is an ugly person and he does it on purpose. If you can't see why then just ask yourself why one of the highest paid coaches in the world can't conduct press conferences for almost a whole season long when that is one of the main portions of his job description?

And he sends his assistant out who makes way less then him and faces the heat for him because Mou made himself and his club look like fools with the allegations against La Liga, coaches in La Liga, UEFA cheating, Referee's cheating, do I really have to go on? Ask the coaches and Serie A brass how much they liked him and how classy he was.

And to sit here and act like this is some sort of media driven thing is for lack of a better word dumb. He is a media darling who the English press fawn over and he has received more rope then any other Madrid coach with a similar record against Barca and his lack of trophies. Marca would be out for other coaches heads for acting like a Copa Del Rey is a great season but they actually celebrated him.

You obviously don't know much about Spanish football or the factors around it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 pm

OLpower wrote:Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter, won the league everywhere he has been but a part of that, he is such a poor tactician...

Mourinho is a mastermind, he is the best at breaking down an opponent and at finding its mistakes. That's why he has been able to own Barcelona multiples times.

The only teams that were successfully able to confront Barcelona in CL or Domestic environment in recent times were Mourinho engineered. (Inter, Chelsea and Real in Liga)

You and this owning thing. Go to a dictionary and look of the meaning of owning. You clearly don't understand it. Fanboy?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Just because Mourinho doesn't show much attacking tactical knowledge, doesn't mean he doesn't know any tactics at all.

Yeh it may seem easy to park the bus, but it seems easy to attack and pass the ball about too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next