MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Red Alert
poolsupporter
McAgger
Nishankly
19 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Do you want Aquilani at Anfield next season?

Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_lcap7%Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_lcap43%Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_lcap7%Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Alberto Aquilani - Page 7 Empty Re: Alberto Aquilani

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 am

This has been horrible business by the club. Losing 15 million on a player :facepalm:

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 am

Roy / Purslow are the biggest dickheads out. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:16 pm

I know it's MirrorFootball, but still...

Aquilani set for return to Anfield as Milan go cold on permanent deal (report)

Alberto Aquilani is reportedly set to return to Liverpool after AC Milan have gone cold on plans to sign him on a permanent deal.

The 27-year-old midfielder has been on loan with the reigning Serie A champions this season but reports in Italy today indicate that the Rossoneri are reluctant to press ahead with the deal.

Aquilani, who spent last season on loan at Juventus, has made 21 domestic appearances for Milan and would trigger a mandatory £5million buyout clause should he make a further four outings before the end of the current campaign.

But the Italian giants are putting the former Roma playmaker in the wilderness rather than allow that to happen – which would make a return to Anfield his next move.

If true, this is just one more player we need to find a home for in the summer. Moreover, he might've actually been useful at Anfield this season, had he been healthy.

Edit: Forgot the link...
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Alberto-Aquilani-looks-set-to-return-to-Liverpool-after-AC-Milan-vetoed-plans-to-sign-him-article894729.html
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

He should come back, So that we can sell hi for more than 5.2 million at least :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Nishank wrote:He should come back, So that we can sell hi for more than 5.2 million at least :facepalm:

What makes you think we would be able to sell him for more than that? His career has been silent for a few years now, I don't think his current value is above £5m. Especially since a) buying clubs will know we are keen to sell and b) he has probably got above-average wages.

Our best hope is probably somebody like Lazio making an offer for him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

I wouldn't mind bringing him back and letting him have a go at the first team. He's surely better than Adam. And when his market value goes back up, dish him out in January or next summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:51 pm

He already has at least 22.5 appearances for Milan according to his agent, and that was several weeks ago... Gotta love the Mirror's factchecking.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:49 am

It's fate to keep him IF he comes back.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 am

Art Morte wrote:
Nishank wrote:He should come back, So that we can sell hi for more than 5.2 million at least :facepalm:

What makes you think we would be able to sell him for more than that? His career has been silent for a few years now, I don't think his current value is above £5m. Especially since a) buying clubs will know we are keen to sell and b) he has probably got above-average wages.

Our best hope is probably somebody like Lazio making an offer for him.

He was pretty decent in the appearances he made for Milan. He has been a part of a team which is finishing 2nd. Some Italians might fork out more than 5 million considering he has fit for almost a whole season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by CameronLFC Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I reckon we should keep him and give him a chance to play, he's a better player than Adam in my opinion, and I could see him linking up well with Suarez. Even if we were to keep him and have him in the shop window, selling him for 5 million is a joke and if he plays well that would increase the price.
CameronLFC
CameronLFC
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 am

The situation was he wanted back to Italy as he was felt homesick in his first season. In the summer when he wanted to play for us was shipped out from Roy and Purslow and so he felt mistreated. Juventus didn't pick up the option to buying him permanently. He didn't want to put up with Liverpool and felt he wanted to stay in Italy and thus was loaned out again this time to A.C Milan. Milan is on the urge of letting him come back. It's time our management started to show abit of authority and unless we find a player of equal quality, let out better plays stay at the club.

We've not yet replaced the quality of Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres nor have we replaced Meireles though I can understand Meireles' situation.

Personally, I'd bring Alberto back and play him as a CM next to Lucas rotated with Henderson with Adam in the waiting que. Shelvey can be Gerrard's back-up in the hole, which leaves us in need of a left wing and a striker. Play Suarez on the right hand side interchanging with Gerrard on the pitch and we'll start to see the results we deserve.

So:

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas Alberto/Henderson
Suarez Gerrard X
X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 03, 2012 8:32 am

If I'm honest that's an awful formation there, ynwa, we need to have wings. Suarez has been playing ST/CF all time long and I don't see that changing.

I'm pretty sure we will be playing 4-4-1-1 next season, too, and that's good in my book.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 am

Do we really need two wingers? One can always be the out and out winger, which could always be on the left. We don't need two. We didn't have one in 2008/09 and destroyed nearly every team we played. Suarez scored 47 goals in 49 games playing on the right for Ajax. He has more freedom there, and will provide us with some quality crosses when they interchange.

He's only been playing as a ST/CF the whole time as we don't have any strikers that have the ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

Suarez even played on the left at times last season for us. And continues to attack on the right playing as a striker, his style of play is naturally to go out wide and to cut in. I didn't watch him from his FC Groningen, but he did it a lot at Ajax.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 03, 2012 1:35 pm

As a part Milan fan, despite not knowing whether the quota has been filled or not, its obvious to me Milan won't buy him since in the last 4-5 games Aquilani has not been playing despite his fitness. Which is quite baffling to me considering he has been good every time on the pitch.

That being said I would love him back at Liverpool as he is tailor made for Kenny's technically demanding system as even with Rafa and this years pre-season he showed he is more than capable of quick one touch passes along with his sheer technicality in his other aspects of play. Certainly would be better than that sponge Charlie Adam.

Would be like a new signing.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri May 04, 2012 3:24 am

Arquitecto wrote:As a part Milan fan, despite not knowing whether the quota has been filled or not, its obvious to me Milan won't buy him since in the last 4-5 games Aquilani has not been playing despite his fitness. Which is quite baffling to me considering he has been good every time on the pitch.

That being said I would love him back at Liverpool as he is tailor made for Kenny's technically demanding system as even with Rafa and this years pre-season he showed he is more than capable of quick one touch passes along with his sheer technicality in his other aspects of play. Certainly would be better than that sponge Charlie Adam.

Would be like a new signing.
He's always been capable, promising, etc. However, he's never really delivered. He had a few good appearances in preseason, and then he disappeared again. He is much like Maxi imo. When he shows up, he can be a difference maker, but he doesn't always bother showing up.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri May 04, 2012 8:39 am

He only disappeared because he went to Italy. He's no longer at our club. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor