McLewis
barca 2011
RedOranje
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chicago Fire Empty Chicago Fire

Post by RedOranje Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 am

Give that the new MLS season is just around the corner I decided it's high time that we finally had a clear thread of our own.

Looks like the team will be shifting for the 4-2-3-1 of last season to a 4-4-1-1 this year. Not a fan of the change but it seems to be working so far in preseason with the trophy and performances.

Also, the club will be holding a fan-vote-competition-thing for a third kit this season, much like LA did last year. Here's hoping for the return of a Chicago Flag third design.

AOTI: With that said, are you saying that Fire doesn't need a third kit?

AK: No. What I am saying is that the primary reason for creating a third kit would be to engage our fans in a unique way. Also, we need to take into account the practical considerations of the true demand for this product so we can meet the minimum requirements from adidas before we place the order. Since we just released new kits last year, we wanted to focus on our new designs and pace things appropriately to avoid flooding the market.

The most successful way to create a third kit, is for us to collaborate with our supporters, get everyone energized, and create the demand. In order to initiate this movement, in the coming weeks we will be launching a social campaign asking supporters to help us design a potential third kit, vote for their favorites, and then rally each other to make a commitment by putting a deposit down.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Chicago Fire Empty Re: Chicago Fire

Post by barca 2011 Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm actually from Chicago (born and raised, currently reside in CA) so this is my American team. And I just started a FIFA career mode with them as well. The 4-4-1-1 is on paper the best move but there are no longer any real stars on the team. What's the budget cap that they're currently working with?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Arne Friedrich would disagree.

Salary caps vary depending on deals struck with other MLS clubs and allocations based on squad make up. I don't believe you can find any definite, accurate number for Chicago's current budget but if you'd like to try check out wiki for a fairly reliable run-down of MLS regulations.

I personally do not like seeing Pause at fullback and have never been a fan of two banks of 4 for midfield and defense. If it works though I won't complain.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Think this might be the season for Alex to step out on his own and make a name for himself. I rate him based on what I've seen so I think he'll do quite well, but he's got to make the most of the minutes given to him.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 am

RedOranje wrote:Arne Friedrich would disagree.

Salary caps vary depending on deals struck with other MLS clubs and allocations based on squad make up. I don't believe you can find any definite, accurate number for Chicago's current budget but if you'd like to try check out wiki for a fairly reliable run-down of MLS regulations.

I personally do not like seeing Pause at fullback and have never been a fan of two banks of 4 for midfield and defense. If it works though I won't complain.
Ah, very true. I see what you mean though about the caps. Hopefully thay can have a good season this year.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Well that didn't go to plan.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 am

Ugh....well here's to winning that home opener then.

Mike Magee don't be playing around.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 am

I didnt get to see the game but damn, thats a bad scoreline.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Pretty poor loss to NE, must be said. We were the better side for large parts of the game, but just couldn't finish the chances off. Reis made maybe one truly great save last night and that was on Duka. The rest we should've buried.

I saw some good things out there nonetheless and I think the good form will come, but yeah this was a smash and grab from NE, simply put.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Can't help but feel this is all a bit self-inflicted. I'm still unconvinced by the off-season overhaul and personally feel we'd have been better served following the initial plan of only making minor changes and adding depth. MacDonald needs to find some confidence and his scoring touch sooner rather than later as well, he's being paid DP money to score goals. Hopefully the team will settle in quickly and prove my concerns false, but only time will tell.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 am

McLewis wrote:Pretty poor loss to NE, must be said. We were the better side for large parts of the game, but just couldn't finish the chances off. Reis made maybe one truly great save last night and that was on Duka. The rest we should've buried.

I saw some good things out there nonetheless and I think the good form will come, but yeah this was a smash and grab from NE, simply put.
I saw the highlights on FSN and what a bummer of a loss it was. You guys wouldn't happen to know which broadcasters cover Fire matches in SoCal would you?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 pm

What has happened to the Fire? This is quickly turning into a full blown crisis for the club.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 am

So mentally fragile. We looked good up until the 2nd goal was conceded. That was a complete sucker punch and frankly we were out cold for the rest of the match. Chivas duly took advantage.

I've seen it happen so often with Roma. This seems like a mental issue.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 am

It wasn't really an issue last season though... which begs the question of whether the changes caused this or it's related to the players missing from injury. If it's the former it's purely self-inflicted and if it's the latter then it suggests a real lack of other leaders in the squad outside of Friedrich and Pause.

Hopefully we can figure it out and stop the rot soon before things get too far out of hand.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 am

Finally. Glad to get that first win under our belts... can always count on New York to bend over for us when they come to Chicago.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Another away game, another loss.

Referee had a bit of a nightmare with the red card incident but even on XI men we just didn't do enough with the ball bar a couple of early chances.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 am

So Robbie Rogers has properly screwed us over his MLS rights and he'll almost certainly be at LA officially sooner rather than later... hopefully we can get some decent deal for his rights, though it isn't sounding promising.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Can understand his reasoning for not wanting to come back to Chicago tbh, but yeah.....puts us in an unfavorable spot.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm

I vented a bit in the General Section and I'll probably end up getting some stick for it. If he's being completely forthright about his motivations then I have no problem with that and respect his desire to be close to his family. However, I do have some lingering concerns over it given his pre-retirement reaction to the news that Chicago has gotten his rights. And I certainly don't believe that immediately going public with his desires was the proper path either... he should have talked with the club in private first so that a deal could be made without the MLS Commission getting involved and/or undermining Chicago's bargaining position.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue May 07, 2013 7:12 am

I agree with what you said in the General Section about the comments he made which basically limited him the LA was pretty messed up on his part; but to me he doesn't seem like an idiot like some players and its pretty obvious to him that LA has no one Chicago would want that LA would be willing to give up. So if he really wants a move to LA those comments by him are needed because otherwise Chicago has no reason to accept the shitty deal that LA will offer.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by schrutebucks Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 pm

My solution? Pick up the phone, call Chelis to see what he might offer in return for Rogers' rights, and see just how much of a factor this location thing really is to him.
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I Have Mono wrote:I agree with what you said in the General Section about the comments he made which basically limited him the LA was pretty messed up on his part; but to me he doesn't seem like an idiot like some players and its pretty obvious to him that LA has no one Chicago would want that LA would be willing to give up. So if he really wants a move to LA those comments by him are needed because otherwise Chicago has no reason to accept the shitty deal that LA will offer.

That's hardly reason for me to be anymore accepting of his actions, is it? LA don't want to give up a player or money? Fine, Chicago aren't particularly enthused about giving up on Rogers either... but the entire basis of transfers in compromise between the clubs and players involved, so if LA really wanted him they'd have to make their peace with giving something or someone up that they'd otherwise not want to let go. Instead they can now offer next to nothing and Chicago will have to accept, or Garber will step in and force Chicago to accept because it'd be bad publicity to keep Rogers from returning. Nothing of this situation or what you have said make me any more inclined to feel less upset about Rogers' actions in this developing transfer saga, tbh.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schrutebucks Tue May 07, 2013 11:33 pm

schrutebucks wrote:My solution? Pick up the phone, call Chelis to see what he might offer in return for Rogers' rights, and see just how much of a factor this location thing really is to him.
I was about to include Agudelo in my solution 30 minutes ago Laughing Boston-bound.
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 17, 2013 4:15 am

Glad the club are working to ensure we don't get screwed over in this mess.

[Javier] Leon, who along with Fire owner Andrew Hauptman met with Rogers and his agent last week, said he understood the player’s desire to return to the game in a familiar setting but was adamant that he needs to look out for the club’s best interest in any deal that would see Rogers join the two-time defending MLS Cup champs.

“Now that the Galaxy are interested in getting his rights, we need to be able to find a solution for the value that we’d be giving up. If at this moment the Galaxy are going to say they want him, we would expect to get a similar value.

“Therefore we will speak to them and we’ll listen to what they have to say.”

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2013/05/chicago-fire-talks-la-galaxy-over-robbie-rogers-says-president-soccer-operations-javier
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 19, 2013 3:31 am

Another loss then. McInerney's superb form continues as well.

We clearly play decent football, but these mental lapses that just pop up are thoroughly frustrating. I've seen it all too often with Roma though unfortunately. I'm sure you've seen it as many times with Pool as well, Red.

I dunno though. We probably should've had penalty.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next