Die Borussen
guest7
The Sanchez
rwo power
Beautiful Football
123 posters

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club - Page 26 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Lionel Messi insists that he has no interest in competing with Cristiano Ronaldo for the title of the world's greatest player.

Having claimed the last six Ballon d'Or awards between them, the pair are regularly compared to one another, with their respective merits discussed at length by players, pundits and fans alike.

However, Messi insists that he has no interest in the perceived rivalry between the two, explaining that he is not driven by personal prizes - but club titles.

"Competing with Cristiano? I don't feel like competing with him or anyone else," he told reporters on Thursday. "It's not about individual awards; I want to help my team."

Messi's status as one of the finest players of all time has long been a subject of much debate, too, with some feeling that his failure to lead Argentina to World Cup glory this summer has undermined the argument that he ranks higher than Pele or Diego Maradona. Again, though, the 27-year-old is unconcerned by such matters.

"I don't think about my place in football history," Messi insisted. "I just want to keep getting better and win trophies with my team."

There was speculation last season that Messi was unhappy at Barcelona, who have not won the Champions League since 2011.

However, the forward insists that he did not think twice about signing a new contract with the club in May.

"Everything went very fast because it was easy," he stated. "I had no doubts about staying.

"This summer we have signed great players, who have adapted very fast to Barcelona. We have a great group now."

Messi also dismissed recent claims that he picks and chooses when he wants to represent Argentina, and that he was even considering his future at international level.

"There was some speculation, but I've been called up and I will continue to play with Argentina," the Rosario native declared.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club - Page 26 Empty LFP considers paying tribute to Messi

Post by Collblanc Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:10 am

Messi is close to breaking Zarra's goalscoring record - wich can happen anytime soon, even in the Classico.

The president of Spain's Liga de Fútbol Profesional (Professional Football League), Javier Tebas, has confirmed in Barcelona that they are looking into the possibility of paying tribute to Leo Messi if he beats Zarra's goalscoring record. Moreover, they don't rule out the possibility of doing so at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.

"Why can't we pay tribute to Messi at the Bernabéu?", he answered when asked by journalists if such a homage might be paid at the 'Clásico' on 25th October in the Bernabéu stadium. Messi is just three goals away from Zarra's historic record.
Tebas was full of praise for the Argentine player: "La Liga can't do without Messi. He deserves a tribute. We should do something for him."

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/10/07/en/football/barcelona/1412683349.html
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club - Page 26 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:54 pm

They can give him a tribute when he goes back home ffs
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:22 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:They can give him a tribute when he goes back home ffs
Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:36 pm

*Inb4messiscoresahattrickagainstelbar*
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Koke on Messi and Ronaldo

"Ronaldo is an athlete, but Messi is a god. They're both great players. I see them on the pitch and it's spectacular. It's tough to decide. You always want them on your team, and even though it's Cristiano, I'd choose Messi."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:19 pm

I find it funny how there is all this talk about Messi breaking Zarra's record at the Bernabéu. It's like they have completely forgot that Barça are playing against Eibar next. Messi could easily score 3 goals against the Basque side.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Eibar are a decent team. They won vs sociedad, held athletic and Villarreal to a draw. Scoring a hattrick against them after an international week is by no means likely.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:34 pm

I believe Eibar are top 10? or just outside it?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 pm

11th but actually equal on points with Malaga who are 8th. Unlikely that Messi will return from the smog of Beijing and score a hattrick right away. When was the last time he scored one? Against Real Madrid? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:22 am

eco smile

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:43 am

Fußball wrote:11th but actually equal on points with Malaga who are 8th. Unlikely that Messi will return from the smog of Beijing and score a hattrick right away. When was the last time he scored one? Against Real Madrid? Laughing

hopefully he'll score 2 against them hmm
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:01 am

Marcelo to injure him today to remove any possibility to that No

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:20 am

Marcelo is not in the squad banana
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Missing a penalty again Laughing hope Harmonica is OK, stay safe.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:16 am

Spotted Harmonica in the stadium.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club - Page 26 Bzs6yeTCMAM8nUA

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:01 am

lmfao rofl
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:48 am

harmonica Proud
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:14 am

Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:51 am

ffs Laughing Laughing
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:55 am

Missi missing a pen, plus neymar upstaging messi in the number 10 battle. Err, btw can u provide us with some whoscored stats on chances created by messi? Lol, stay safe ham!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:14 am

Neymar was completely missing in first 30 mins as far as i can remember and Argentina dominating with some great play from Di Maria and great miss from Aguero.
btw, Harmonica is cute Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:53 am

And a game lasts for 30 mins? Did u watch the whole game or do u guy just look at the score sheet?..anyway, i was just trying to have a humour with ham. Don't take it too seriously, moresore, i'm a messi believer remember?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:54 am

And a game lasts for 30 mins? Did u watch the whole game or do u guy just look at the score sheet?..anyway, i was just trying to have a humour with ham. Don't take it too seriously, moresore, i'm a messi believer remember?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Bankz wrote:And a game lasts for 30 mins? Did u watch the whole game or do u guy just look at the score sheet?..anyway, i was just trying to have a humour with ham. Don't take it too seriously, moresore, i'm a messi believer remember?

And where did i say that Neymar flopping the whole game??? And who care whether you are a Messi fan boy or not ??? Grow up and dont try to read too much....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:44 pm

neuro11 wrote:
Bankz wrote:And a game lasts for 30 mins? Did u watch the whole game or do u guy just look at the score sheet?..anyway, i was just trying to have a humour with ham. Don't take it too seriously, moresore, i'm a messi believer remember?

And where did i say that Neymar flopping the whole game??? And who care whether you are a Messi fan boy or not ??? Grow up and dont try to read too much....
Lmao, he's a Neymar fanboy, everybody knows that.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next