Swanhends
LeBéninois
DeletedUser#1
53 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Varane - Page 7 Empty Re: Varane

Post by Collblanc Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:44

Yes, we have Pique and Puyol who are experts in making mistakes. I dont mind Varane mixing some extra mistakes in there.

Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:50

barca logic: if varane plays well it's due to RM's defensive organization not varane, if there is any defensive mistake by RM it's only varanes fault.
---see the disconnect in logic here?

"when is it a defender's fault?"
--- when the defender makes an individual mistake. can you ever wholly blame 1 player for a goal?- very very very rarely, as it is a team game the team contributes to its successes and its failures as a team.

does a defensive mistake by 1 individual player automatically make the player a bad player.. no, but you barca fans would love to think that, as its clear you wait by your computers for him to make a mistake so you can post on an internet forum about it lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:53

I understand you being mad about Collblanc, his trolls are funny to me, and you should learn to try to ignore it.
So when Sneijder scored we can both agree it was Varane's fault or is it still the teams fault.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:53

vanDEEZ wrote:barca logic: if varane plays well it's due to RM's defensive organization not varane, if there is any defensive mistake by RM it's only varanes fault.
---see the disconnect in logic here?

"when is it a defender's fault?"
--- when the defender makes an individual mistake. can you ever wholly blame 1 player for a goal?- very very very rarely, as it is a team game the team contributes to its successes and its failures as a team.

does a defensive mistake by 1 individual player automatically make the player a bad player.. no, but you barca fans would love to think that, as its clear you wait by your computers for him to make a mistake so you can post on an internet forum about it lol.

Dude, you should know by now which posters to take seriously and the one's to ignore.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:54

Barca fans still mad that Varane is far better than Pique, Puyol, Mascherano, and Abidal put together.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:56

Omniscient wrote:Barca fans still mad that Varane is far better than Pique, Puyol, Mascherano, and Abidal put together.

You didn't include Abidal there. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 10 Apr 2013, 00:58

The ball went through Varane's legs I think. It happened quickly so there's nothing Varane could really do about it.

It's not really an obvious mistake.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:01

So Madrid fans so far have managed to establish that Varane is totally helpless on every goal he's ever conceded then.

If this was someone like say Pepe Ramos Mascherano or Alves they would be getting crucified.

Also, I don't think anyone has called Varane a shit player.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:02

varane should have made the tackle, but you can't ignore how the ball even came to be in that position, the midfield was not nearly quick enough closing down i think it was eboue or who ever made that pass in the middle.

but lets go ahead and use your logic that its 100% varanes fault. is he a bad player now? no.

no player is immune to mistakes

and im not mad at collblanc, i pity him for not having the capacity hold an actual debate.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:04

along with the other posters who spend so much time posting but have little to no substance in their posts.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:04

Not every player can handle a high line as well as the next, guess you could blame Mou partially if that will help appease the heil varane ultras here?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Question Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:11

I dont even see Madrid fans being too "bias" about Varane at all around here.

Too many people worrying too much about being agressive in an attempt to dispel what they consider to be overhyped opinions but why not just leave the topic closed if you cant bother to engage in extended conversation by saying that he is young, needs time to improve, but has nonetheless showed exceptional skills as a defender for his age? Which i think i can say is mutually accepted.

"Butthurt Madrid fans" is not an ok way to talk to such fans if some good conversation is to be looked for...If anything it shows some barca fans are "butthurt".

He has shown a great/consistent level of play throughout his opportunities specially against barcelona and man united, some might hold different opinions when it comes to the tackle on evra @ the bernabeu, or his decision not to clear the ball against nani @ old trafford, but atleast try to debate about it, here it seems like just because there are some opinions about varane being a top 10 performer this season or justifications for what others might consider as heavy errors, there is some heavy crucification against madrid fans for being "butthurt" and/or delusional, etc..

Barca fans are suffering from a bit of tunnel vision. Sportsczy and Arquitecto if anything have been the only ones that have continued an actual debate about the performances and not trolling each other unlike others...

What top 10 defenders have proved to be more impressive this year than varane?

Make a top 10 list with valid reasoning behind it if you are for or against the idea..
The Question
The Question
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:13

The problem here is like nearly every player on this forum after he's had a few good performances especially at a young age he is hyped to the stratosphere.

If you do that you have to expect to people call you out on it these things work both ways.

Which is what i was saying when he was originally hyped and why i don't like to see hyping of kids its almost always far too soon and why i usually don't do it.

He's clearly very good though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:16

vanDEEZ wrote:varane should have made the tackle, but you can't ignore how the ball even came to be in that position, the midfield was not nearly quick enough closing down i think it was eboue or who ever made that pass in the middle.

but lets go ahead and use your logic that its 100% varanes fault. is he a bad player now? no.

no player is immune to mistakes

and im not mad at collblanc, i pity him for not having the capacity hold an actual debate.
I never once said Varane was a bad player just clearing up how people think in this thread, people saying Varane had no mistakes this game or faultless i don't understand that.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:18

Mole is quite guilty of what he wrote but it's Newcastle so all is pretty much forgiven/understandable. For me anyway...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:24

What kids have i ever hyped as high as Varane has been(Newcastle ones or otherwise)? i'm talking about kids in my post.

Most of my hype threads are after games for jokes anyway but honestly its not the point.

The type of things being said were way too early for someone so young and i suspect he will have poor games and hype worthy games a lot over the next year or so all part of the learning experience.

As i said he's clearly very good but the hype he was getting is something you would expect for someone in their mid 20s, there is no way a kid can live up to the levels people were expecting consistently its not possible.

Anyway good luck to him i just hope pressure won't effect him for reaching the level he's capable of that would be a shame.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Question Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:25

Theres too much emotion being run here from the very start.

The first post made today by Albiceleste is made in a way in which can be interpreted by some as being an angry argument (Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker) i did not write brave scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker, why is that there?, creator, perhaps not the best way to start a discussion considering the possible outcomes, followed by people mentioning overating, top 5, top 10, and other useless things that lead to no where.

Varane i think hasnt really been overated all too much and the madrid fans dont seem too lost in this and if they do it is surely in big part due to defense mechanism, time to try to engage in less emotional circumstances.

Maybe people are referring to posts such as the very first post in this thread which i would think is by default not taken all too seriously by anyone..

Last edited by The Question on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:29; edited 1 time in total
The Question
The Question
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:29

Albiceleste wrote:someone add this rule to the list:
NO DISCUSSION OF GOALS IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FIXTURES.
NO FAULT SHALL BE LAYETH UPON VARANE FOR ANY "MISCONTRUED MISTAKES".
Varane - Page 7 Captur12

Proud

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:30

Age shouldn't always be a factor in terms of rating someone. If it was an attacker in Varane's place, I'm sure age wouldn't be mentioned as much.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 10 Apr 2013, 01:34

TQ, I'm not sure if you were around these parts but Real Madrid fans here have, in recent past, been very vocal of our players and sometimes overestimate their actual ability. But I'm liking your style of posting.

As for Mole, even if everyone hypes Varane here to the heavens, it shouldn't blind people from what is a very good young defender who is just going through the comings and goings of first team football.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 08:42

Can't blame a 19 YO defender from no stop this level of Voodoo magic. This is a learning experience. Also I fully expect him to show up better in the Semis but with Madrid getting knock out by a Ramos/Pepe error Proud

Varane - Page 7 IEVpry0sJDWqi
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:18

Yea he covered his man well enough, could have been all avoided, if the covering system is more zonal central tbf. Still well executed tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:42

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The problem here is like nearly every player on this forum after he's had a few good performances especially at a young age he is hyped to the stratosphere.

If you do that you have to expect to people call you out on it these things work both ways.

Which is what i was saying when he was originally hyped and why i don't like to see hyping of kids its almost always far too soon and why i usually don't do it.

He's clearly very good though.

There is no hype.

he is a 19 year old kid. benching Ramos and Pepe. two starters at Spain and Portugal NT.

was MOTM in 2 clasico's he played.

and now he is starter in France NT.

yeah all happened too fast but it should not be a reason to say he is hyped. he is getting the recognition he deserves.

Madrid fans knew he was something special the minute he played his first game for us.

it's not our problem others don't watch him or don't know him. i remember Franchise said this about 2 month ago : Varane is just French Bartra ( or something like that ). but he saw him and now he knows Varane is way better than Bartra.

We see a 19 year old kid doing better job than all of our defenders everytime he is in the pitch. and we believe he has benn one of the best CB's in last 2-3 month and will be one of the best if not the best. there is no hype.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:44

Varane :bow:
GOAT defender :bow:
Messi stopper :bow:
Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:57

Varane made Messi and Barca his little biatches... in fact, Madrid has made Barca its little biatch in head-to-heads all year.... ugly piebald biatch at that. You mad? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:03

He had a torrid game just leave it at that, needs more experience.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next