Luis Suarez to be offered anger management counselling by the PFA #lfc

That ain't that bad is it??

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What to do with suarez now - Page 2 Empty Re: What to do with suarez now

Post by worms Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:37 am

mr-r34 wrote:*bleep* it, if the FA ban him for longer then the racism ban their sending a wrong message about their priorities. Keep him, i still love him.

What so calling somebody names is worse than biting them now?

Some people are so brainwashed.

I am absolutely disgusted by Suarez, I don't need to explain why. Fans who aren't disgusted by one of our clubs most prominent representatives and icons biting somebody in that manner must have some kind of moral issues. As somebody who is actually a local Liverpool supporter I clearly care more about the clubs history and image than some people here (not all of you guys) and thus the only reasonable conclusion is I want him gone. Sell the animal in the summer and reinvest all of the money.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Well, if you can reject all opposing points of view as representative of not-real-fandom while alienating everyone from outside of England, I guess that's an opportunity you have to jump at?

I find it hilarious that you can claim to be the most passionate Liverpool fan here simply due to proximity when you're equally passionate about other teams in other leagues. You're a joke and you'll have to forgive me for never taking anything you say seriously.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Nothing. Stupid mistake, and he makes several of them, but footie players aren't my role models - and he's a good guy off the pitch anyway. Punish him and make VERY certain it won't happen again, and then move on. My opinion on his sale hasn't changed at all - at an exorbitant price, go for it, otherwise f*** off.

I agree. It's just that I haven't got faith that this was his last stupid action on the pitch. I mean, it's not even the first time he's bitten someone. He just never, ever learns. This would be much easier to shrug off if it could be looked at as an unexpected controversial incident, but I honestly think he'll get in trouble for doing something needless and stupid in a football game again next season.

Still don't want to sell him, though, he's the best player in the league, but can't say my opinion on him is not affected by all this.

I don't have faith in that either, but at the same time, I'm not even sure another incident like this would make me want him gone either. The club needs to try its hardest to make him stop, through punitive or educational measures or both, because it's in their interest to keep him on the pitch. But if it's not possible then so be it. I don't look to my footballers for my moral compass, and I find it strange when anybody does. They're there to win games and sell a product, and Suarez does both of those things better than almost anyone else in the world. Does anyone think if Fergie was stressed about what was right and consistent ManU would be en route to their 20th title? Priorities should be on the pitch.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Well good for you if you can live with yourself being a raging hypocrite. Thumbs up

And that's goes for everybody else defending him or should I say it .I don't think anybody that behaves like Suarez can be called a man.

We all know that if this was a Man United or Chelsea player every single person in this thread would be calling for at least a 7 match ban. Probably more.

That makes some people in here hypocrites.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 pm

worms wrote:Well good for you if you can live with yourself being a raging hypocrite. Thumbs up

And that's goes for everybody else defending him or should I say it .I don't think anybody that behaves like Suarez can be called a man.

We all know that if this was a Man United or Chelsea player every single person in this thread would be calling for at least a 7 match ban. Probably more.

Fellaini punched, kicked and headbutted Shawcross in one game and got a 3 match ban.

You are telling me biting is worse than Kick+punch+headbutt combined ?

and you don't even live in Liveprool, stop living a lie.

Luis should get a 3 match ban. learn, and move on.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Had a HORRENDOUS day at office!! People were literally torturing me with all the Suarez jokes!!!

I had only one reply "Brilliance comes with a price. . . ALWAYS" Razz

WHY SUAREZ WHY Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:44 pm

LOL, not even worth my time, your opinions don't constitute every other born and bred liverpudlian, so don't come here with your high and might bullshit.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Nothing. Stupid mistake, and he makes several of them, but footie players aren't my role models - and he's a good guy off the pitch anyway. Punish him and make VERY certain it won't happen again, and then move on. My opinion on his sale hasn't changed at all - at an exorbitant price, go for it, otherwise f*** off.

I agree. It's just that I haven't got faith that this was his last stupid action on the pitch. I mean, it's not even the first time he's bitten someone. He just never, ever learns. This would be much easier to shrug off if it could be looked at as an unexpected controversial incident, but I honestly think he'll get in trouble for doing something needless and stupid in a football game again next season.

Still don't want to sell him, though, he's the best player in the league, but can't say my opinion on him is not affected by all this.

I can't explain why, but I still believe Suarez can turn the corner. I remember Anelka was always in some sort of trouble, but after a point he became sober.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Some very disappointing comments made on this thread even if they are a case of post-match nerves and fury.

One thing that bothers me of the fanatics of EPL as that many discuss Football Gossip, their lives, their incidents (on & off field), refereeing, and other inconsequential incidents that has little to do with the game on the field. Mole told me its because the football is so mediocre within the league yet does that justify it really?

Don't get me wrong, Luis is a god damn idiot for his action. What disappointed me is how he could not have learned from his Ajax days through his 9(?) game ban, yet commit the same ludicrous act in front of cameras and 45k+ people who will not miss a heartbeat of the incident. What was he thinking? How impulsive are his actions in committing such an asinine act to which will put his season in jeopardy, and most likely our seasons result? I'm not in the habit of judging individuals who are older than me yet it is quite disappointing for me to see him be reckless.

Does it change my opinion of him or how I see him?

Not for a second. Not a chance. No way.

For all you geniuses, you know he is capable for such acts. You've seen it during his constant kicking of other footballers to retrieve or possess the ball, you've seen him impulsive behaviour, and you saw the exact same thing in Ajax.

This game only made me love Suarez even more. The sheer effort & work rate he puts in to have the whole team play superior to our opposition. The utter disappointment in himself for failing his team during the handball. The joy in his face when redeeming himself in front of the Kop during the 96th min winner. His leadership to our youngsters, his love for the club, his joy in seeing his protege's scoring.

And we throw him to the dogs? Because by the nefarious footballing media it will make LFC look bad? Are we just another Chelsea, Man City, or Malaga? Shankly and his successors would know that Liverpool Football Club always stands behind their players not just because individuals like Suarez perform for us, it is simply our club philosophy and principle. Even if Suarez had a goal drought followed by a Red Card, it would not change my opinion of him considering everything I love about him cannot just evaporate by him sinking his teeth into Ivanovic. Who am I to judge? Where would we be without him this season? Won't miss him? Give me a break, our team is built around him and he carries us 85% of the time. Can we succeed without him? Why think about hypothetical when it has not been concluded? Do we know he is tempted for the Elite Clubs? Of course he is! He is human yet his commitment to us, his leadership and love for the club is what makes him stay. Lets get off our high horses and support our player. Its not just any player for me, yet someone who has imbued himself seamlessly into our club's history. He is one of our representatives. Be patient with him. Support him.

I truly hope our club handles this fiasco well unlike how they threw Suarez and Kenny to the dogs during the "racism" saga. He must be disciplined harshly internally from the club, yet Rodger's and FSW have a vital chance to display their leadership and character in handling this unfortunate ordeal. I'm counting on them.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm

This game only made me love Suarez even more. The sheer effort & work rate he puts in to have the whole team play superior to our opposition. The utter disappointment in himself for failing his team during the handball. The joy in his face when redeeming himself in front of the Kop during the 96th min winner. His leadership to our youngsters, his love for the club, his joy in seeing his protege's scoring.

And we throw him to the dogs? Because by the nefarious footballing media it will make LFC look bad? Are we just another Chelsea, Man City, or Malaga? Shankly and his successors would know that Liverpool Football Club always stands behind their players not just because individuals like Suarez perform for us, it is simply our club philosophy and principle. Even if Suarez had a goal drought followed by a Red Card, it would not change my opinion of him considering everything I love about him cannot just evaporate by him sinking his teeth into Ivanovic. Who am I to judge? Where would we be without him this season? Won't miss him? Give me a break, our team is built around him and he carries us 85% of the time. Can we succeed without him? Why think about hypothetical when it has not been concluded? Do we know he is tempted for the Elite Clubs? Of course he is! He is human yet his commitment to us, his leadership and love for the club is what makes him stay. Lets get off our high horses and support our player. Its not just any player for me, yet someone who has imbued himself seamlessly into our club's history. He is one of our representatives. Be patient with him. Support him.
Thumbs up

I think some of the guys on this post are overreacting. Sell him? lol.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:51 pm

worms wrote:Well good for you if you can live with yourself being a raging hypocrite. Thumbs up

I'm not sure if you know what the word "hypocrite" means, but since you claim to be from the country that invented the language, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So here's my task for you: go through my post history, which currently sits at 1150 - a solid sample size - and find me a SINGLE instance of my calling out another team's player for an incident like this. I have never once called for them to be dropped from the team or for their suspension to last longer than a normal one. Essentially, exactly what I've called for in this case.

I think in the McManaman thread I may have agreed that he should be banned for the length of the injury he caused, which I still think would be a solid system. You'll notice that would result in a 0 match ban for Luis, in this case, though.

So after you read through my entire post history for a single scrap of evidence, come here and present it, or please go consult a dictionary.

Edit: in anticipation of your failure, I did it for you:

"hyp·o·crite [hip-uh-krit]
noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs."
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:59 pm

He shouldn't be sold from our initiative, but there's the risk that all this negative publicity he has gotten at Liverpool will made him want a change of scenery.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

The FA has charged Luis Suarez and deems the standard 3 match ban as 'clearly insufficient'. Suarez has been given until 23rd April - 6 PM to respond.

Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:07 pm

"Suarez has until 6pm on Tuesday 23 April to respond to the charge, thereafter an Independent Disciplinary Commission will be convened this Wednesday, 24 April."

Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Art Morte wrote:He shouldn't be sold from our initiative, but there's the risk that all this negative publicity he has gotten at Liverpool will made him want a change of scenery.

That theory was circulated extensively after the Evra incident which was (IMO) more damaging to his status and reputation than this current issue. We've seen his response to that. I find it unlikely that his opinion of the club and his future with us will be heavily affect by this incident unless Rodgers/the club/the fans do something that makes him feel as though he's lost our support. I believe that the negative media attention won't have an effect as immediate; if it does indeed push him toward the exit it will be next summer... though I think he's being honest when he says he's only concerned with how LFC and LFC fans feel about him for now.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:He shouldn't be sold from our initiative, but there's the risk that all this negative publicity he has gotten at Liverpool will made him want a change of scenery.

That theory was circulated extensively after the Evra incident which was (IMO) more damaging to his status and reputation than this current issue. We've seen his response to that. I find it unlikely that his opinion of the club and his future with us will be heavily affect by this incident unless Rodgers/the club/the fans do something that makes him feel as though he's lost our support. I believe that the negative media attention won't have an effect as immediate; if it does indeed push him toward the exit it will be next summer... though I think he's being honest when he says he's only concerned with how LFC and LFC fans feel about him for now.

It all stacks up and I didn't mean Suarez's opinion about Liverpool would suffer but it just might seem more appealing to him to start afresh somewhere else. But we'll see what happens in the summer, I'd say it's more likely he'll be with us next season.

Anyway, now that the FA have said there will be a ban and it will be longer than three matches, I think we're looking six games at minimum. What are people's guesses about the length? I'll say eight, which would leave four to the start of next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

This game only made me love Suarez even more.

Oh Dear. You just don't get it do you? He is dragging the clubs good name through the mud. He has done it before and he will do it again. Maybe you should go and research the clubs history and you will discover what our tradition and values are.

Suarez goes against everything this club stands for:

Fair play
Honesty
Sportsmanship
Integrity

He is a disgusting cheat with absolutely no shame. It would be different if it was a one off incident but it's not. He has bit somebody before,I have seen a video of him at Ajax try and break somebody's leg then fake injury after it so he won't get booked( he faked injury for a bit yesterday after he bit him so I doubt he really regrets what he done), he's constantly diving and abusing/sarcastically applauding the referee. Raking his studs down Distans knew etc etc

He is a animal with no redeeming human qualities. If he weren't a footballer he would be in prison by now or lying in the gutter somewhere as he is obviously thick.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 pm

worms wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Oh Dear. You just don't get it do you? He is dragging the clubs good name through the mud. He has done it before and he will do it again. Maybe you should go and research the clubs history and you will discover what our tradition and values are.

Fair play
Honesty
Sportsmanship
Integrity

He is a disgusting cheat with absolutely no shame. It would be different if it was a one off incident but it's not. He has bit somebody before,I have seen a video of him at Ajax try and break somebody's leg then fake injury after it so he won't get booked( he faked injury for a bit yesterday after he bit him so I doubt he really regrets what he done), he's constantly diving and abusing/sarcastically applauding the referee. Raking his studs down Distans knew etc etc

He is a animal with no redeeming human qualities. If he weren't a footballer he would be in prison by now or lying in the gutter somewhere as he is obviously thick.

I've read our club's history.

As Shankly said, we are a club to win trophies. Luis helps us getting closer to trophies.

Even in our glorious 80s, we had super nasty players like Souness who broke opposition's jaws.

we aren't a human charity to be nice.....

Last edited by RedOranje on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Insults)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
worms wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Fair play
Honesty
Sportsmanship
Integrity

I've read our club's history.

As Shankly said, we are a club to win trophies. Luis helps us getting closer to trophies.

Even in our glorious 80s, we had super nasty players like Souness who broke opposition's jaws.

we aren't a human charity to be nice.....Nice guys finish last you virgin helmet.

Reported.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Laughing I thought this worms guy got banned for good. wtf is he doing back?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:55 am

Seems like hes banned now.

Really hoping we keep Suarez at the club. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 am

Liverpool would be kicking themselves if they sell Suarez. He's being nice enough to stick with LFC, the club he loves, through a time when the club isn't making the CL- doing the best he can. This is all when he could be starting for a CL challenging team (he could walk into Barca IMO) LFC should repay him by sticking with him. You should know what you were getting into with Suarez.

That doesn't mean his actions aren't disappointing, that doesn't mean his actions are justified, or that they don't hurt the club image, but I don't see any reason to sell Suarez.

I think it would be a huge mistake.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:24 am

He in no way hurts the club image though. I'm not sure why people suggest he does.

The only imagine he hurts is his own.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 am

ynwa wrote:He in no way hurts the club image though. I'm not sure why people suggest he does.

Of course it hurts the club's image if your employees do stupid stuff. We are supposed to hold certain values and if our players act against them it affects our contemporary image. Sunderland just faced a small shtstorm for appointing Di Canio with his questionable views, for example. While our problem with Suarez isn't too big in regards to the image of LFC, it still affects it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 am

ynwa wrote:He in no way hurts the club image though. I'm not sure why people suggest he does.

Are you saying if an employee of McDonald's does something stupid, it makes the news, people are not going to think: Let's not eat there, their employee's might do something to our food.

It hurts the clubs image, And if I was playing for a club I'd not want to face Suarez now because he could bite again.

I would also like to point out, in my senario the employee would get fired, no matter how good they are.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next