What should be our plan forward now?

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 9:17 am

@ToEy wrote:First off, Messi has to accept a change that the team is not only playing for him. He has to move to the right wing if that is tactically the best for the team. I hope he is learning this.

Next we need a good forward, one that can relieve some focus on Messi. I believed Dan mentioned Suarez. I would like to throw another playing into the mix, Wayne Rooney. He might be having some issues at OT, he would be a great addition to us.

Of course, a centre back is what everyone is mentioning. However, currently is there any centre back that would be great that we can spend less than 25m for? Thiago Silva, Kompany, Varane, Chiellini are all out of that range, so might be Hummels and I doubt he is that great CB we are looking for.

Plus another keeper to replace Valdes. Loris might be good if he continued the problems he had with spurs earlier in the season, but not anymore =(. If we were to look for a stop-gap due to lack of funds after buying a forward and a CB, we can probably look at QPR's Cesar, might last us 2 seasons while we actively look for the next great keeper.

More than playing at right or center, I think that Messi needs to learn that he has to run his ass off in important matches. Look at Ribery and Robben. They never used to run and defend like that. We need contribution from everyone in the future.

Varane is rumored to have a 40 milion release clause, I would definitely buy out his contract.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 am

@free_cat wrote:The first of the changes should be in our coaching staff. It's obvious that the physical and motivation have been a failure this season.

Second, we need to be more practical. Our game is great when everyone is on top of their game (coaches too), but if they aren't, we can't just pretend to play the same. We hand the game on a platter to our oppositions. It is no shame playing with the strategy Bayern used in both games, which was to press at midfield and counter, and when having the ball move it forward fast with little risks. It's not our game, but it's attacking and trying to score.

Third, we obviously need new players in all our lines. Yes, even our midfield. I'm not convinced by none of our current midfielders. None. Even Iniesta and Busquets played awfully vs. Bayern.

First the exits:
Sure exits: Bojan, Afellay, Dos Santos, Cuenca (loan to Ajax), Villa, Alexis.

Possible exits: Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Adriano, Alves, Pedro, Sergi Roberto.
These exits depends on offers and possible replacements. Not even my favourite Pedro is safe.

Promotions: Deulofeu, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto.

My shortlists for our signings:

GK: De Gea; Ter Stegen; Adler.
Ceneter back: Varane, Ramos, Dedé, Koscielny, Boateng, Iñigo Martinez.
Right back: Pisczeck, Carlos Martinez. (only if Alves goes).
Defensive Mid: Wanyama, Capoue, Pogba.
Central midfielders: Gundogan, Isco.
Forwards: Neymar, Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Andre Schurle, Jefferson Farfan, Lewandowski, Robben.

I would definitely sign the first one of each position in my shortlist if possible: De Gea, Varane, Wanyama, Gundogan and Neymar.
All other signings would depend on exits, but I think all those players are quality and would do well at Barça.

My dream squad (considering feasible signings):

De Gea / Pinto

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama/Song)

-------------------Thiago (Xavi/Gundogan) ----- Iniesta (Cesc/Rafinha)

Marco Reus (Deulofeu/Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Tello)

Oh, and I forgot about Gareth Bale. If available at a reasonable price, I would definitely buy him instead of Reus. Draxler is also a great option.

This squad would be 25 players, lacking a 3rd goalkeeper, so it's still too long. So probably Rafinha would have to go on loan, and sell one of Cesc and Song.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by eelir on Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 am

avatar
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2139
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by neuro11 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:21 am

@free_cat wrote:
@ToEy wrote:First off, Messi has to accept a change that the team is not only playing for him. He has to move to the right wing if that is tactically the best for the team. I hope he is learning this.

Next we need a good forward, one that can relieve some focus on Messi. I believed Dan mentioned Suarez. I would like to throw another playing into the mix, Wayne Rooney. He might be having some issues at OT, he would be a great addition to us.

Of course, a centre back is what everyone is mentioning. However, currently is there any centre back that would be great that we can spend less than 25m for? Thiago Silva, Kompany, Varane, Chiellini are all out of that range, so might be Hummels and I doubt he is that great CB we are looking for.

Plus another keeper to replace Valdes. Loris might be good if he continued the problems he had with spurs earlier in the season, but not anymore =(. If we were to look for a stop-gap due to lack of funds after buying a forward and a CB, we can probably look at QPR's Cesar, might last us 2 seasons while we actively look for the next great keeper.

More than playing at right or center, I think that Messi needs to learn that he has to run his ass off in important matches. Look at Ribery and Robben. They never used to run and defend like that. We need contribution from everyone in the future.

Varane is rumored to have a 40 milion release clause, I would definitely buy out his contract.
If so, Mr. Tito atleast cant do that. If even before the matches you consider him the difference maker you cant instruct or force him to the desired position or ask for extra work. You need coach with that gut. Someone like Mou who cares little of player's weight.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1773
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 am

@eelir wrote:

Hehe, that's funny, but Messi never ever tracked back. Under Guardiola, even when playing RB, he stayed up when the LB moved forward, for counters. But he run much more without the ball.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by futbol on Thu May 02, 2013 11:24 am

@futbol wrote:Tito needs to go first. That will fix 80 % of the (tactical, motivational and organisational) problems of the team. The other 20 % will be fixed after buying a centerback, a centerforward and a winger who can do a bit more than passing it back to the middle like Pedro and Sanchez and the team is good to go. But the main culprit is Tito (although it's uncool to say because he suffered from cancer and all).

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10366
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 am

@free_cat wrote:
@free_cat wrote:The first of the changes should be in our coaching staff. It's obvious that the physical and motivation have been a failure this season.

Second, we need to be more practical. Our game is great when everyone is on top of their game (coaches too), but if they aren't, we can't just pretend to play the same. We hand the game on a platter to our oppositions. It is no shame playing with the strategy Bayern used in both games, which was to press at midfield and counter, and when having the ball move it forward fast with little risks. It's not our game, but it's attacking and trying to score.

Third, we obviously need new players in all our lines. Yes, even our midfield. I'm not convinced by none of our current midfielders. None. Even Iniesta and Busquets played awfully vs. Bayern.

First the exits:
Sure exits: Bojan, Afellay, Dos Santos, Cuenca (loan to Ajax), Villa, Alexis.

Possible exits: Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Adriano, Alves, Pedro, Sergi Roberto.
These exits depends on offers and possible replacements. Not even my favourite Pedro is safe.

Promotions: Deulofeu, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto.

My shortlists for our signings:

GK: De Gea; Ter Stegen; Adler.
Ceneter back: Varane, Ramos, Dedé, Koscielny, Boateng, Iñigo Martinez.
Right back: Pisczeck, Carlos Martinez. (only if Alves goes).
Defensive Mid: Wanyama, Capoue, Pogba.
Central midfielders: Gundogan, Isco.
Forwards: Neymar, Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Andre Schurle, Jefferson Farfan, Lewandowski, Robben.

I would definitely sign the first one of each position in my shortlist if possible: De Gea, Varane, Wanyama, Gundogan and Neymar.
All other signings would depend on exits, but I think all those players are quality and would do well at Barça.

My dream squad (considering feasible signings):

De Gea / Pinto

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama/Song)

-------------------Thiago (Xavi/Gundogan) ----- Iniesta (Rafinha)

Marco Reus (Deulofeu/Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Tello)

Oh, and I forgot about Gareth Bale. If available at a reasonable price, I would definitely buy him instead of Reus. Draxler is also a great option.

This squad would be 25 players, lacking a 3rd goalkeeper, so it's still too long. So probably Rafinha would have to go on loan, and sell one of Cesc and Song.

Having thought more about it, we should definitely sell Cesc. He is not compatible with our football and his attitude is shameful. He barely runs but he is no Messi. He makes suspicious comments in the media. He seems to lack effort. Pique is guilty of the same complains outside the field, but I think that if we sold Cesc, he would go right on track as he would get the message.

So my squad would be:

De Gea (Pinto)

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama/Song)

-------------------Gundogan (Xavi/Thiago) ----- Iniesta (Rafinha)

Gareth Bale (Deulofeu/Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Tello)

Btw, what does people think of Danilo and Alex Sandro, Porto's full backs? Are they good enough for us? We might still need a replacement for Adriano.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 am

@neuro11 wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
@ToEy wrote:First off, Messi has to accept a change that the team is not only playing for him. He has to move to the right wing if that is tactically the best for the team. I hope he is learning this.

Next we need a good forward, one that can relieve some focus on Messi. I believed Dan mentioned Suarez. I would like to throw another playing into the mix, Wayne Rooney. He might be having some issues at OT, he would be a great addition to us.

Of course, a centre back is what everyone is mentioning. However, currently is there any centre back that would be great that we can spend less than 25m for? Thiago Silva, Kompany, Varane, Chiellini are all out of that range, so might be Hummels and I doubt he is that great CB we are looking for.

Plus another keeper to replace Valdes. Loris might be good if he continued the problems he had with spurs earlier in the season, but not anymore =(. If we were to look for a stop-gap due to lack of funds after buying a forward and a CB, we can probably look at QPR's Cesar, might last us 2 seasons while we actively look for the next great keeper.

More than playing at right or center, I think that Messi needs to learn that he has to run his ass off in important matches. Look at Ribery and Robben. They never used to run and defend like that. We need contribution from everyone in the future.

Varane is rumored to have a 40 milion release clause, I would definitely buy out his contract.
If so, Mr. Tito atleast cant do that. If even before the matches you consider him the difference maker you cant instruct or force him to the desired position or ask for extra work. You need coach with that gut. Someone like Mou who cares little of player's weight.

Tito might be able to do it, I don't see why not. Actually, the previous games before getting injured vs. PSG Messi was running much more than the rest of the season. And maybe that's the reason he got injured. It's a complicated balance.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by The_Badger on Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am

Why to Barca fans think they can acquire Varane?

You really think if Barca met his buy out clause, he'd leave Madrid?

_________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." - Bill Shankly

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by neuro11 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 am

Interesting is, the appointmnent of Tito did not surprise people as much as it did during Pep's. Maybe peps regime has encouraged people to accept surprise. And now that he said he would stay i doubt managment would sack him. so we better think of players only. Its shame that next 2months we have nothing but to wait.... Sad

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1773
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by eelir on Thu May 02, 2013 11:41 am

@free_cat wrote:
@eelir wrote:

Hehe, that's funny, but Messi never ever tracked back. Under Guardiola, even when playing RB, he stayed up when the LB moved forward, for counters. But he run much more without the ball.

I think he used to track back when he played RW right?
avatar
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2139
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 11:42 am

@eelir wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
@eelir wrote:

Hehe, that's funny, but Messi never ever tracked back. Under Guardiola, even when playing RB, he stayed up when the LB moved forward, for counters. But he run much more without the ball.

I think he used to track back when he played RW right?

Maybe under Rijkaard, but not under Pep. He stayed up for counters mostly.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 am

@The_Badger wrote:Why to Barca fans think they can acquire Varane?

You really think if Barca met his buy out clause, he'd leave Madrid?

Why not? didn't Figo join Madrid. Luis Enrique Barça? Hagi and Prosinecki Barça? and a long etc.? It's not like Varane is a Madrid legend or anything, doubt he has any specific love for them either.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by The_Badger on Thu May 02, 2013 11:48 am

The acquisition of a player straight from Real/Barca to the other is rare.

Barca have no chance of getting him. You are deluding yourself thinking otherwise.

_________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." - Bill Shankly

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 am

@The_Badger wrote:The acquisition of a player straight from Real/Barca to the other is rare.

Barca have no chance of getting him. You are deluding yourself thinking otherwise.

Like Laudrup? Luis Enrique? Celades? Like Samuel Eto'o (50% belong to Madrid)?

I'm not saying it's "likely" or easy, but it's far from impossible.

Get a grip.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by alexjanosik on Thu May 02, 2013 3:10 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@ToEy wrote:First off, Messi has to accept a change that the team is not only playing for him. He has to move to the right wing if that is tactically the best for the team. I hope he is learning this.

Next we need a good forward, one that can relieve some focus on Messi. I believed Dan mentioned Suarez. I would like to throw another playing into the mix, Wayne Rooney. He might be having some issues at OT, he would be a great addition to us.

Of course, a centre back is what everyone is mentioning. However, currently is there any centre back that would be great that we can spend less than 25m for? Thiago Silva, Kompany, Varane, Chiellini are all out of that range, so might be Hummels and I doubt he is that great CB we are looking for.

Plus another keeper to replace Valdes. Loris might be good if he continued the problems he had with spurs earlier in the season, but not anymore =(. If we were to look for a stop-gap due to lack of funds after buying a forward and a CB, we can probably look at QPR's Cesar, might last us 2 seasons while we actively look for the next great keeper.

More than playing at right or center, I think that Messi needs to learn that he has to run his ass off in important matches. Look at Ribery and Robben. They never used to run and defend like that. We need contribution from everyone in the future.

Varane is rumored to have a 40 milion release clause, I would definitely buy out his contract.

I thought you were of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with Messi not contributing off the ball and that it was actually a tactical decision.Glad to see you coming around.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by The_Badger on Thu May 02, 2013 3:31 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@The_Badger wrote:The acquisition of a player straight from Real/Barca to the other is rare.

Barca have no chance of getting him. You are deluding yourself thinking otherwise.

Like Laudrup? Luis Enrique? Celades? Like Samuel Eto'o (50% belong to Madrid)?

I'm not saying it's "likely" or easy, but it's far from impossible.

Get a grip.

I think it's you that need to get a grip. You're clutching at straws by using examples of players like Eto'o, Hagi and the others that have played at clubs in between, or those that have gone on Bosmans.

Direct transfers are rare between the clubs, this is understandable. The chances of Barca getting hold of Varana are slim to none.

The deluded seem to think otherwise.

_________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." - Bill Shankly

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by messixaviesta on Thu May 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Today on Twitter there was a discussion about just how great this Barca team has been.

My point was this this team's greatness lasted three seasons - 08 to 11. If there have been other teams who have stayed at the peak for a longer time then in this aspect we compare unfavourably with them. However if we compare the best three years of any team any time in history against ours there are few who can compete with us.

What do you all think?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by alexjanosik on Thu May 02, 2013 3:35 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
@free_cat wrote:The first of the changes should be in our coaching staff. It's obvious that the physical and motivation have been a failure this season.

Second, we need to be more practical. Our game is great when everyone is on top of their game (coaches too), but if they aren't, we can't just pretend to play the same. We hand the game on a platter to our oppositions. It is no shame playing with the strategy Bayern used in both games, which was to press at midfield and counter, and when having the ball move it forward fast with little risks. It's not our game, but it's attacking and trying to score.

Third, we obviously need new players in all our lines. Yes, even our midfield. I'm not convinced by none of our current midfielders. None. Even Iniesta and Busquets played awfully vs. Bayern.

First the exits:
Sure exits: Bojan, Afellay, Dos Santos, Cuenca (loan to Ajax), Villa, Alexis.

Possible exits: Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Adriano, Alves, Pedro, Sergi Roberto.
These exits depends on offers and possible replacements. Not even my favourite Pedro is safe.

Promotions: Deulofeu, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto.

My shortlists for our signings:

GK: De Gea; Ter Stegen; Adler.
Ceneter back: Varane, Ramos, Dedé, Koscielny, Boateng, Iñigo Martinez.
Right back: Pisczeck, Carlos Martinez. (only if Alves goes).
Defensive Mid: Wanyama, Capoue, Pogba.
Central midfielders: Gundogan, Isco.
Forwards: Neymar, Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Andre Schurle, Jefferson Farfan, Lewandowski, Robben.

I would definitely sign the first one of each position in my shortlist if possible: De Gea, Varane, Wanyama, Gundogan and Neymar.
All other signings would depend on exits, but I think all those players are quality and would do well at Barça.

My dream squad (considering feasible signings):

De Gea / Pinto

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama/Song)

-------------------Thiago (Xavi/Gundogan) ----- Iniesta (Rafinha)

Marco Reus (Deulofeu/Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Tello)

Oh, and I forgot about Gareth Bale. If available at a reasonable price, I would definitely buy him instead of Reus. Draxler is also a great option.

This squad would be 25 players, lacking a 3rd goalkeeper, so it's still too long. So probably Rafinha would have to go on loan, and sell one of Cesc and Song.

Having thought more about it, we should definitely sell Cesc. He is not compatible with our football and his attitude is shameful. He barely runs but he is no Messi. He makes suspicious comments in the media. He seems to lack effort. Pique is guilty of the same complains outside the field, but I think that if we sold Cesc, he would go right on track as he would get the message.

So my squad would be:

De Gea (Pinto)

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama/Song)

-------------------Gundogan (Xavi/Thiago) ----- Iniesta (Rafinha)

Gareth Bale (Deulofeu/Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Tello)

Btw, what does people think of Danilo and Alex Sandro, Porto's full backs? Are they good enough for us? We might still need a replacement for Adriano.

I hate Cesc but thats just unfair man.On the field Cesc cant be criticised for lack of effort.He always works his socks off and tries to press(though its mostly clueless running).Even yesterday against Bayern,after we were down 3-0,he was one of the only ones who was still running and trying to win the ball back.
Cesc has a lot of problems but lack of effort is not one of them.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by messixaviesta on Thu May 02, 2013 3:35 pm

cat, forget about Varane. He was Zidane's handpick. Madrid is in his blood now.

We should not so completely lose faith in our own ability to nurture/recruit talent as to want to pilfer from Madrid.

Since people are expressing knee jerk reactions here's one from me. Ask the entire Rosell administration to resign. They have failed in maintaining the level of the team. As for their handling of transfers there isn't a word in the dictionary to adequately describe just how pathetically they have handled it. Never thought anyone would be able to give Alessio Secco competition but our board managed to do that and that too with much more money thus causing much more ruin.




messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 3:44 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
@ToEy wrote:First off, Messi has to accept a change that the team is not only playing for him. He has to move to the right wing if that is tactically the best for the team. I hope he is learning this.

Next we need a good forward, one that can relieve some focus on Messi. I believed Dan mentioned Suarez. I would like to throw another playing into the mix, Wayne Rooney. He might be having some issues at OT, he would be a great addition to us.

Of course, a centre back is what everyone is mentioning. However, currently is there any centre back that would be great that we can spend less than 25m for? Thiago Silva, Kompany, Varane, Chiellini are all out of that range, so might be Hummels and I doubt he is that great CB we are looking for.

Plus another keeper to replace Valdes. Loris might be good if he continued the problems he had with spurs earlier in the season, but not anymore =(. If we were to look for a stop-gap due to lack of funds after buying a forward and a CB, we can probably look at QPR's Cesar, might last us 2 seasons while we actively look for the next great keeper.

More than playing at right or center, I think that Messi needs to learn that he has to run his ass off in important matches. Look at Ribery and Robben. They never used to run and defend like that. We need contribution from everyone in the future.

Varane is rumored to have a 40 milion release clause, I would definitely buy out his contract.

I thought you were of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with Messi not contributing off the ball and that it was actually a tactical decision.Glad to see you coming around.

I have the same opinion I had before. If you look at those posts, I said that in most matches Messi shouldn't waste all his energy.
Also, it is very likely that it's a tactical instruction, and finally there's the balancing, what do you prefer a Messi that doesn't run, or a Messi that runs and gets injured, as it happened this time around?
It's hard to balance.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 3:48 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:cat, forget about Varane. He was Zidane's handpick. Madrid is in his blood now.

We should not so completely lose faith in our own ability to nurture/recruit talent as to want to pilfer from Madrid.

Since people are expressing knee jerk reactions here's one from me. Ask the entire Rosell administration to resign. They have failed in maintaining the level of the team. As for their handling of transfers there isn't a word in the dictionary to adequately describe just how pathetically they have handled it. Never thought anyone would be able to give Alessio Secco competition but our board managed to do that and that too with much more money thus causing much more ruin.


Zidane "handpicked" Varane? Zidane is not even working at Madrid as far as I know. I'm not saying it's our only option, I gave many other names. I just say: "try it". Contact his agent and offer to buy out his contract and a good deal with us. If he says no, move to the other names I gave.

I would very much love Rosell and co to resign. They are such a failure of board, living off Laporta and Guardiola's success and trying to destroy everything related to Laporta and Cruyff... and now even starting to attack Guardiola. Terrible board of liars and losers.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by alexjanosik on Thu May 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Come on man.You cant say that Messi got injured because he ran more. Its just a coincidence.Besides he didnt even run that much.Just slightly more than his usual fare(which is walking for the entire 90 min).I dont think he is that injury prone that he would get injured just by running a bit more.
Also look at Robben.Considered very injury prone.Yet ran his socks off over the two legs.With proper care and training dont think there should be an issue.

Messi was injury prone 5 years ago.Now he is not.So yes he should run his socks off in the big games.No doubt in my mind.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Gareth Bale doesn't play RW as far as I'm aware. Not a fan of signing a player so we can play him in the wrong position.

Also Alves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pizza Cheque and I'm not even sure why some people want him out

Don't get why so many people seem to want half the squad out. Again, we just need 4-5 new pages, I'll restate my original post because really, nothing has changed

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:We don't need to change the manager, let alone style, it would be terribly unfair to Tito who frankly did a phenomenal job until he suffered the recurrence of his cancer. I would give him one more season.

What we need to do is re-new the squad with new and ambitious faces. We just need to diversify the goal threats and sign athletic CBs and LBs that will boost our set piece performance. The LB doesn't even need to be a start all games, just be an athletic and defensive option to Alba. A WC GK too if one is available on the market. I'm assuming the club will never sell a Catalan player unless they don't have to. So:

Sell: Alexis, Valdes, Masche and Song and Villa if they want out due to lack of playing time.
Promote: Deulofeu.
Sign Nerman (are we even considering anyone else?), WC GK, Tall, athletic and physical CBs & LBs.

New GK
Alves - Pique - New CB - New LB/Alba
Xavi/Thiago - Busquets - Iniesta
Deulofeu/Pedro - Messi - Neymar


Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 22897
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 3:52 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
@free_cat wrote:

Oh, and I forgot about Gareth Bale. If available at a reasonable price, I would definitely buy him instead of Reus. Draxler is also a great option.

This squad would be 25 players, lacking a 3rd goalkeeper, so it's still too long. So probably Rafinha would have to go on loan, and sell one of Cesc and Song.

Having thought more about it, we should definitely sell Cesc. He is not compatible with our football and his attitude is shameful. He barely runs but he is no Messi. He makes suspicious comments in the media. He seems to lack effort. Pique is guilty of the same complains outside the field, but I think that if we sold Cesc, he would go right on track as he would get the message.

So my squad would be:

De Gea (Pinto)

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama/Song)

-------------------Gundogan (Xavi/Thiago) ----- Iniesta (Rafinha)

Gareth Bale (Deulofeu/Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Tello)

Btw, what does people think of Danilo and Alex Sandro, Porto's full backs? Are they good enough for us? We might still need a replacement for Adriano.

I hate Cesc but thats just unfair man.On the field Cesc cant be criticised for lack of effort.He always works his socks off and tries to press(though its mostly clueless running).Even yesterday against Bayern,after we were down 3-0,he was one of the only ones who was still running and trying to win the ball back.
Cesc has a lot of problems but lack of effort is not one of them.

Maybe you are right, would love to see KM run statistics. Generally, I always think Cesc puts in very little effort when on defence, while he moves a lot (sometimes too much) when we have the ball.

However, him not fitting the team and his inexcusable Diva attitude and comments on the media deserve to get him the boot.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Gareth Bale doesn't play RW as far as I'm aware. Not a fan of signing a player so we can play him in the wrong position.

Gareth Bale plays wherever you want him to play. He has played LW, LM, AM, SS, RW and Striker at Tottenham. He would addapt easily at RW.

Also, we are Barça, we buy players and change their position and it works out fine. We are special. Hardly a position change though.

Edit: He also played LB but he was a failure there.


Last edited by free_cat on Thu May 02, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum