Valkyrja
Sushi Master
timzink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

David Alaba appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: David Alaba appreciation thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Hazard has sucked, good lord. I am annoyed when I see his name now. I’m just relieved he has one more season and he is gone, that’s all I have. When PSG are in panic about losing Mbappe and maybe Neymar, they can have it anytime, even this summer

Should of listened to the PL lads.

His best performance in the PL came against a City team playing Demichelis at DM ffs.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

David Alaba appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: David Alaba appreciation thread

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Alaba hasnt been great at all though lately at CB? So would he be preferred there? Like him as a player, but really wouldnt mind see him flop if he does end up playing CB and flop like Cannavaro at Real Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Wow, Great Leader Sprucenuce still posting here, regarding football!!! Shocked
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri May 28, 2021 5:10 pm

Comunicado Oficial

https://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2021/05/28/comunicado-oficial-alaba?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organico
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 28, 2021 5:24 pm

25m per year plus boni, simply more than we would ever have paid. It is Real, but I still wish him well personally. Legend.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:25m per year plus boni, simply more than we would ever have paid. It is Real, but I still wish him well personally. Legend.

25 mil per year = 125 mil over 5 years

Sign player A for 50 mil + 15 mil per year contract = 125 mil over 5 years

This is my Friday math, but I don’t see any fuss here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 28, 2021 9:08 pm

And Florentino Trump cries a river "we don't have enough money! football is dying!!"

lol. what a piece of shit.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Florentino Trump Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 28, 2021 11:21 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:25m per year plus boni, simply more than we would ever have paid. It is Real, but I still wish him well personally. Legend.

25 mil per year = 125 mil over 5 years

Sign player A for 50 mil + 15 mil per year contract = 125 mil over 5 years

This is my Friday math, but I don’t see any fuss here
personally don't understand why any player would not let their contract expire. Why give your current employer a cut of your future compensation? Even if they force you to eat bench for a year irs worth it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 28, 2021 11:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:And Florentino Trump cries a river "we don't have enough money! football is dying!!"

lol. what a piece of shit.

For a guy that has had a career in finance, you have never seemingly understood the difference between operating costs (salaries) and capital costs (transfer fees)!

You have lost all credibility on commenting on anything related to RMadrid and Perez.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 28, 2021 11:36 pm

Cash basis...  25 million a year every year for 5 years which is 125 million.  Even if you consider time value of money at a high interest rate, it's still $100 million in present value.

Besides, transfer fees are depreciable over the life of the contract.  So when you spend let's say 100 million on a transfer fee today and the lifetime of the contract is 5 years, you have to take 1/5 in accrual/depreciation expense every year.  So it still hits your P&L and the asset value is reduced on the other side.

So yeah... i think i understand.

You still need to have $25 million of cash flow a year to pay the wage.  That's the bottom line.  Florentino Trump is crying a river over his inability to buy players. He says Real Madrid are so poor! Yet he's paying this insane number.

Fucking hypocrite.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 am

The operating budget in which salaries are contained isn’t the issue, nor is cash flow, once covid is over. As you know, by law, RMadrid (and Barcelona) have to operate within cash flows.

The capital budget in which normally you have transfer fees is virtually non existent at this point, is where the problem for RMadrid is.

So yeah, I say you don’t understand the difference.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 29, 2021 4:44 am

So let me get this straight...

There's enough cash in the operating budget to pay a new player 25 million... and there's no cash in the capital budget to buy a player.

My question is...  cash is cash.  Free cash flow.  Doesn't matter whether it's coming from operations, investing or financing.  Or is Florentino Perez talking bullshit and the club has cash, yet wants to make it seem like it doesn't because he wants to make it fit his narrative... so he makes the nuance that the club doesn't have cash for capital expenditures yet has enough wiggle room to play extra players tens of millions as long as it's classified as an operating expense.  

Is there cash or isn't there?

Right.  Either he's a liar, a snake, a hypocrite or a c-unt.  take your pick.  I say all 4.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 29, 2021 9:05 am

Love your stance on this, sports
It's principled and your on the right side of it

Perez behaviour and the things he said in this Super League affair have been absolutely appalling and I frankly would have not judged him to be quite such a bafflingly entitled, arrogant, greedy old fool
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 am

25m per year is not much. You guys seem to forget Bernabeu is being currently renovated for 700m expected to be finished within 2 years hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 29, 2021 10:47 am

Considering that Real might lose both Varane and Ramos this summer, it makes sense that we had to pay Alaba a good amount of money. Barely if any experienced defenders like him that are available to buy, let alone sign for free.

If both Varane and Ramos still leave, we are still going to need another CB imo
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 29, 2021 11:38 am

Myesyats wrote:25m per year is not much. You guys seem to forget Bernabeu is being currently renovated for 700m expected to be finished within 2 years hmm
the amount budgeted for the renovation is closer to 525 millions repayable for 23 years at 2-3%. This only starts when the renovations are done. The money to renovate the stadium is not coming from our current budget, it’s being financed by JP Morgan, so chill

And Perez is not necessarily lying. Yes there is cash available but reduced income which is what he is complaining about. Reduced income means less cash available leading to a more conservative management style including salary cuts here and there to avoid being in the hole and incurring more losses
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 29, 2021 1:13 pm

Cant wait till he flops, I mean maybe he could work at CB in a Pep team? But at Real? I dont know...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 29, 2021 1:26 pm

I feel Sports should know that there is a difference between budgeting for salaries and having cash flow for actual purchasing.

Also, I wish I had this version of Sports than the one that was defending PSG's ridiculous deal when self was sponsoring self to circumvent FFP's rules (which only matters to Italian clubs anyway).

Also x2, nice signing tbh. Should do well with whomever is our manager.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 29, 2021 3:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:So let me get this straight...

There's enough cash in the operating budget to pay a new player 25 million... and there's no cash in the capital budget to buy a player.

My question is...  cash is cash.  Free cash flow.  Doesn't matter whether it's coming from operations, investing or financing.  Or is Florentino Perez talking bullshit and the club has cash, yet wants to make it seem like it doesn't because he wants to make it fit his narrative... so he makes the nuance that the club doesn't have cash for capital expenditures yet has enough wiggle room to play extra players tens of millions as long as it's classified as an operating expense.  

Is there cash or isn't there?

Right.  Either he's a liar, a snake, a hypocrite or a c-unt.  take your pick.  I say all 4.

Right about now, I say the term hypocrite belongs to you!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 29, 2021 4:20 pm

Doc wrote:I feel Sports should know that there is a difference between budgeting for salaries and having cash flow for actual purchasing.

Also, I wish I had this version of Sports than the one that was defending PSG's ridiculous deal when self was sponsoring self to circumvent FFP's rules (which only matters to Italian clubs anyway).

Also x2, nice signing tbh. Should do well with whomever is our manager.
Real Madrid said it lacked the revenue to buy players, hence not enough cash. If Florentino Perez wants to make the nuance about having the cash but not in his capital budget, then he should have made it. It would have been more honest. But his goal was never to be honest.

PSG don't make any bones about where and how the money comes.  They make the rules work for them... they don't go whining like a wailing dog that they don't have the revenue WHEN the one leading the c-untish wailing is the club that is the biggest culprit of galactico spending. Real Madrid and Barca have the highest revenue of any clubs in the world as a FYI

In fact, PSG had the most to gain with the Super League because it allowed them to compete outside of Ligue 1.  Massive increase in media income, exposure, etc.  But PSG didn't.   They respected the football tradition.

Too bad the so-called most traditional club in the world is acting like a spoiled entitled brat... and making up lie after lie along the way.

That's my issue.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat May 29, 2021 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat May 29, 2021 4:21 pm

The creative team needs to step up, this Sports vs Bill feud is getting stale.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 29, 2021 4:42 pm

So Sports, I just try to understand, have you gone full Marseille fan now, you no longer support Madrid? Because I don’t understand how you are going to stop loving your club because you grew to dislike the president? He is one person, even with his fault, the best club president since Bernabeu. He will be gone at some point and others will come, but the badge stays…
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 29, 2021 5:17 pm

I will never root against the team or the players... I want them to do well.  I'm just railing against Florentino and management.

Not the players' or the fans' fault that the management are c-unts.  As a OM fan, i know that all too well.  Florentino and co are saints compared to OMs management.

But i do take exception to fans who support management's c-untish behavior.  Praise where it's justified... but also criticize harshly when they act like dicks. If you let them get away with it, they'll keep doing it and, in fact, feel empowered to continue. Only reason EPL teams pulled out of super league was the fans' reaction. Kudos to those fans.

You will note that i'm only attacking Flo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 29, 2021 5:26 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Cant wait till he flops, I mean maybe he could work at CB in a Pep team? But at Real? I dont know...

Don't be mad that we signed a top versatile defender and you gotta deal with Pique and Lenglet for another season
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3