FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
39 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

PES 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: PES 2014

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 pm

the pace of the game is really a big deal, i just saw a fifa 14 gamplay video and it's way too fast. contrast is quite puzzling. i want to see two people who know what they are doing play this game.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:the pace of the game is really a big deal, i just saw a fifa 14 gamplay video and it's way too fast. contrast is quite puzzling. i want to see two people who know what they are doing play this game.
Same but i got a feeling you might have to wait for the demo to come out to try it yourself lol.

Developers for some reason either play it too safe because they don't want to show much off or they are not that good lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:37 pm

PES 2014 - Page 4 BMq4xg5CAAAUmrW
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 pm

PES has tactical pressing. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:03 am

I dont want to say this, but I told you so. I have been making people aware of the upcoming Pes 2014 ever since I heard about the fox engine, Kojima did not disappoint cheers
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 am

Shocked

fifa rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 am

The funny thing is that it is next gen Fifa vs Current gen Pes Laughing
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:43 am

I just hope PES will have the game modes to compete now.

Gameplay looks fantastic but if the online isn't up to scratch and the single player modes are inferior then it will always be behind in some way.

I love playing PES 2013( and this looks infinitely better) at the moment against friends locally and the computer but the online is not very good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 am

No matter how good PES 2014 gets(which I doubt anyway, 2013 looked good until I played it) it will still be shit until it has god game modes like FIFA. Not spending a penny on a shit overall game.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:02 am

As long as the master league is the same or better than before, I am content. The career mode on Fifa is the most boring game mode ever, you don't feel a difference between winning a cup and winning a regular league match.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 am

Ultimate Team & Seasons are >>>>>> Career Mode.

Doesn't mean Career Mode isn't far better than anything on PES bar Master League.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:07 am

FIFA has only one good game mode and that's online seasons .... the rest is sh1t , UT is a good concept but it plays even more like an arcade than the original game itself ffs
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:19 am

pUsHa wrote:FIFA has only one good game mode and that's online seasons .... the rest is sh1t , UT is a good concept but it plays even more like an arcade than the original game itself ffs

No idea what you mean by "it plays even more like an arcade"....pretty sure some people buy FIFA just for UT. Its the same gameplay across the game so I don't see why you're noticing a difference Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:24 am

the speed of the game is clearly doubled ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 am

PES 2013 is better than Fifa IMO on a pure gameplay level.

I find Fifa boring and robotic, PES on the other hand actually is fun to play and is not a simple case of whoring the through ball over the top for speed merchants to run on to.

PES on the other hand is a lot more realistic and you are able defend and attack as a team which isn't possible in Fifa.

Problem is PES takes a lot of getting used to, it took me a good 2 weeks of solid playing to get the hang of it and understand what the features are and what they do to make the gameplay experience enjoyable.

That is the problem with most people, you can pick Fifa up in 5 mins and be good at it, it is not the case with PES it takes a while to learn the ins and outs of it all.

Luckily all the reviews i watched of the game before i bought it warned me of this and i took it all in and decided to give the game a chance and now i love it.

And PES 2014 looks leaps and bounds above any football game i have played in ages, 13 does lack good game modes though i hope that is rectified.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 am

pUsHa wrote:the speed of the game is clearly doubled ...
FIFA? You do know you can select what speed you want the game to be at, right?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 am

Pusha is right, FUT is known to be more arcadey, that is why many people complain, and it is true that the game speed is doubled. I have Fifa 13 and it is a very well know fact across the Fifa community, that is why some people enjoy online seasons more than Fut  because pace is a reduced factor.

Also, yes you can select the game speed but only when playing offline or playing with friends.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am

Fifa is more like a simulation, while Pes has been more arcadey up to now. 

Fifa has better game modes overall, better menus and is much better online.

On the other hand, PES is much more advanced tactically, has better graphics, and a better career mode/ master league.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:27 am

I am loyal to FIFA, but UT is a joke. Any player can score from 35 yards easily, the shot speed is trippled as is accuracy, it's like football on steroids.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 am

•MilanDevil• wrote:Fifa is more like a simulation, while Pes has been more arcadey up to now. 

Fifa has better game modes overall, better menus and is much better online.

On the other hand, PES is much more advanced tactically, has better graphics, and a better career mode/ master league.
Here's where i disagree, Fifa looks like a simulation but plays arcadey and PES looks arcadey and plays like a simulation. ( based on 2013 versions)

Agree with the rest, graphics is up for debate i feel though in some ways Fifa is better but in other ways ( faces especially) PES is better.

The way i'd define it is Graphics: draw Gameplay: PES Modes and Presentation: Fifa

From what i have seen of the 2014 versions so far which is about 5 mins each so probably not enough to compare i think PES wins in graphics and gameplay ( seriously the Fox Engine has done work)

Just hope the online and offline modes are improved upon, only then will it become more popular.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:39 am

If PES offered Pro Clubs i'd probably buy it Laughing

But like I said, unless they shipped the game with proper licenses (Which is expensive) then much fewer people are going to change brands.

You try telling a 12 year old he can't play as Liverpool but as 'Merseyside Reds' if he want's to buy a football game.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:53 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:If PES offered Pro Clubs i'd probably buy it Laughing

But like I said, unless they shipped the game with proper licenses (Which is expensive) then much fewer people are going to change brands.

You try telling a 12 year old he can't play as Liverpool but as 'Merseyside Reds' if he want's to buy a football game.

I never considered that a problem when i was 12 Very Happy

But seriously it never was a problem during ps2 era when PES dominated.

The problem now is for many years PES is shit, they seem to be getting the gameplay right but they have burned too many people.

So its going to take more than just gameplay to compete, they need to get the sound, gamemodes (offline/online) graphics, presentation ( that means the menu's and things like the stadiums etc etc)

They seem to be steadily into positive directions of most of these things, if the gamemodes are good then they might make it a case of 2 good football games again.

But they will live and die but how good their single player and multiplayer modes are and as of right now its not on Fifa's level.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:42 pm

PES:
Spoiler:

Real:
Spoiler:

Some new PES ID goodness
Spoiler:

Dat Neuer likeness :bow:

Spoiler:

"Massive news to come recently also included the return of the greatly missed League Mode! Confirmed by Kei Masuda, it was removed from 2013. The fans spoke however & Konami have listened. League Mode is back in 2014 and this is bound to please many who were disheartened by its absence in 2013."

Really should never have gone in the first place but good news its back.

FC Bayern Munich and FC Santos. Konami can take equal times with the best teams in Europe and South America us in the first demo of PES 2014. Colleague Fischer - an avowed fan of Bavaria - is of course with the team of Franck Ribery on the green lawn, Andy dribbles with new Barcelona striker Neymar, who is in this version of PES still at his home club.

The first minutes of the game with the Xbox 360 version, mostly with lumber football. Konami has changed the control so that you only have to get used to even think about it. There is physical contact, can now be fooled by using the right analog stick in the opponent to get to the leather. It quickly becomes clear that PES 2014 offers much more than its predecessor and more realistic animations. Even striking movements of star players are seen. For example, Manuel Neuer jumps in 1-on-1 in his unique style of his goal and goes as fast as a leg.

The new physics ensures that players are often not optimal for the ball and need a moment to pass. This keeps the game pace is noticeably slower than before, but really like us, because as the winner of realism. However, it is also obvious that much remains unfinished. Actions tunnel there is, for example, still above average. In addition, passports or objections often go in a different direction than desired. The porters also passed some mishaps. Graphically, everything has improved - apart from some strong edge flares. Face textures to facial animation to express the emotions, stages, even turf and ball clearly see prettier. Jerseys flutter slightly recently, when the players move.

Although the Fox Engine is prepared for next-gen consoles, but comes PES 2014 exclusively for current platforms. It is not yet the time for a next-gen PES, as initially only a few people would benefit, the developers explained on demand. Having been able to play FIFA 14 on the Xbox One, and were thrilled that we had made love to a next-gen Direct - we have to move on next year.

Finally, a new engine, a slower pace of the game, many realistic animations - PES 2014 in our opinion is moving in the right direction. However, there is a big task perfectly balance a whole new ball game and perfecting the AI. Konami has still a lot of work to do, we are curious to see if PES denies the next playoff with FIFA at eye level. The Santos keeper has it conveys the impression that he would just watch pigeons.
Until the release PES Productions will certainly still work hard on fine tuning, so that the ambitious goals can be achieved.One of these is the cooperation between defense and offense, which in the current stage works better than ever before.
http://www.pcgames.de/Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2014-PC-256978/News/PES-2014-im-Hands-On-Test-auf-der-E3-2013-1074026/

While its clear there is a new engine underneath it all, there is still that familiar PES feel which fans will instantly appreciate. Player animations are greatly improved with subtle body movements with skilful players a dream to watch. In particular, Phillip Lahm stood out for me. The clever AI ensured that he made a break from Right Back to provide support and when I played an over-weighted pass to him, the ball slightly bobbled up with his first touch but was swiftly taken under control on his second as he injected some pace into his run. The speed here was something that stood out for me with the speed differences between players feeling more apparent than previous versions. There was also a greater feeling of acceleration and the M.A.S.S also stood out as I managed to skip passed an oncoming challenge while maintaining my balance and having the momentum of my initial run allowing me to power on through.

The physicality of the game is also greatly improved. With the right analogue stick, I was able to jostle more effectively for the ball. When defending, I was able to force smaller players off the ball just by shifting my weight. Wrong timing of this, such as shifting your weight into players while not overly close to the ball can result in you giving away free kicks which felt realistic, especially for the more blatant obstructions.

Trueball Tech was also a feature that impressed me. I had a player chase down a ball towards the corner flag as it was bouncing, he managed to get a first initial touch on it but it was clear the ball was a completely separate entity as I was unable to get the second touch in, with the ball getting away from my player and him sliding in vein to keep it in.

For fans of the series who had gripes with the keepers, there is a lot of very positive improvements in this department but first I’ll start with the negatives, which were minimal. In fact my only real issue with them was with the keeper-charge when the ball/opposition were outside the box. If you find yourself in a one-on-one situation with a striker and you are rushing out with your keeper, I felt the keeper didn’t quite know how to react, ie. he didn’t make a slide attempt but more-so just ran out to the striker and kind of stood infront of him.

In the demo I played, some of the stadium atmosphere was stripped down and didn’t feel as good as the trailer. When asked about this, I was told that the E3 hands-on demos are focussing on the the brand new movement of players and the engine, with the more aesthetic stuff being implemented in later iterations. The build we played was roughly 60% complete I was told.

At roughly 60%, this version of PES is showing all the signs of finishing this generation as the top footy game, providing some slight niggles regarding keepers outside the box are ironed out and refereeing decisions are slightly tweaks, which I’m told are continuously being worked on. We’re looking forward to getting our hands on the next iteration of this preview and we can’t wait to see what else Konami have in store for us. Is the King back? Right now its too early to tell, but if PES2014 continues along this route for the next few months, the throne’s current occupier shouldn’t make any long term plans…

http://playstationer.net/2013/06/14/pes-2014-e3-hands-on-impressions/

Copying and pasting is weird now and can't be arsed to fix it until i get home lol, meh you get the jist of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Probably best hands on impressions i have seen so far....

The Difficulty Curve

Pick up the pad and start to play PES 2014 like any of the previous titles in the series, you’ll find that you won’t get very far. Whilst the game retains that distinct PES feeling, it plays differently and that is very much a good thing. The power of the Fox Engine combined with some new features, means that the rigid feel of previous games has gone. MASS and TrueBall tech have much to do with getting rid of that, helping to make the on-pitch action in PES 2014 look and feel more natural than its predecessors. For instance, when you’re dribbling, the player you’re controlling not only moves more realistically, you feel his weight shifting as he jogs or sprints in the desired direction. Sprint too much and attempt to turn at the last minute? It’s more than likely the ball will go out of play or will be intercepted by the opposition. This applies to even the star players such as Robben, Ribery or Neymar. After all you don’t see these guys constantly sprinting in real life matches like headless chickens, do you? Well, Robben maybe! Sorry, bad joke. In all seriousness, it’s a great change, one that forces you to think about when you sprint and dribble with some real care. I learnt the harsh way, and I suspect many of you will too.

Another area where MASS and TrueBall Tech come into play is with the first touch and control system. There is a real emphasis on first touch an control in PES 2014, something that is apparent even in your first match. The physics system works in tandem with the TrueBall Tech to simulate how well you end up controlling a ground or lofted pass. The results are sublime, with the level of success dependent on where the player is, how his body is positioned and which direction you push the analogue stick. Much like the dribbling mechanics, you have total control, but everything is bound within reality. Sometimes your player will take the perfect Bergkamp-esque touch, whereas others he’ll fail completely. It’s not completely black and white, there is a grey area too. So if you happen to take a less than perfect touch that doesn’t immediately mean you’ll lose the ball. Sometimes that will be enough, depending on the situation of course. Whatever the result, once you get you used to it, you’ll never feel cheated. Whatever you do has an impact on how successful you are. It’s a harsh lesson to learn, but oh so rewarding when you get it right. I said this to a few people after playing 2014, but I think the difficulty curve will be steeper for regular PES players, whereas total newcomers might adjust a little easier. That’s not because it’s “newbie friendly”, but more because a newcomer won’t be stuck with certain bad habits.

Freedom of Passing

Quite possibly one the best parts of PES 2014, the freedom of passing in the game is exceptional. That might sound a little weird at this early stage, but it doesn’t make it any less true. The Fox Engine and the introduction of TrueBall Tech has done wonders for this integral part of the game. Even at four bars, what most would call assisted, there is variety and freedom in the passing. At times, even on the one or two bars, the passing in PES 2013 felt very much on rails and assisted, frustrating many hardcore fans. Putting the pass level down to three or less resulted in even more freedom, but I rarely strayed too much from four or three as I felt they were good enough. I felt that I could weight and direct the passes in exactly the way I wanted. Obviously I wasn’t always successful, but the sheer fact that three and fours bars felt so good speaks volumes.
Lofted passes also felt great, allowing you to spread play when you like. The ball won’t just travel in straight line like a target missile; it will curve depending on how you strike it and where you want it to go. Building up moves in PES never felt so satisfying, mixing up ground passes with lofted long balls is a real joy to witness and be part of. It’s so good, that you’ll almost forget about the through ball button. In fact, I can probably count the number of times I used the button on one hand. The standard passing is so varied and free now that the through balls almost seem useless. If I was being totally honest, it appears as if over the top through passes and ground ones have been toned down in terms of their success rate. Each time I tried to put a player through using the dedicated button, I under or over hit it. Going by previous iterations and how overpowered the through balls were, this was and still is a massive positive for me. Hopefully it results in people using their actual passing skills rather than rely on the through ball button.

Audio and Visual Depth

Whilst the E3 2013 code lacked the polish of the screenshots and trailers you’ve seen so far, it’s still a step up when compared to any previous current-gen titles. “That’s not hard”, I hear you say. Yes, you’re right. I’m not going to lie to you and say it look next-gen, because it doesn’t. However, previous PES titles aside, it’s a MASSIVE step up when it comes to the current-gen standards. It’s using the power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, finally pushing both of them on a technical front. Animations are fluid, player models look great, lighting is fantastic and stadiums look great. The latter is exemplified by the breathtaking crowds. Now, they’re not fully 3D, but man do they look good. Whether it’s the Bayern fans creating a mosaic before kick-off or Santos followers lighting up flares during a match, they really add to the sense of occasion.

Coming back to the animations, just the like best PES titles of the past, you’ll notice new ones as you play and be amazed. It could be the frighteningly real way Robben runs, or something simple like the way a player moves his head when flicking a ball on. Even goalkeepers have new animations, but more on them later. For now, let’s move to sound in PES 2014. It’s difficult to completely comment on the audio side of things due to the environment we were playing in (noisy E3 showfloor), but we did manage to bump up the volume on a few pods we played on and the noise from the crowd in relation to what was happening on the pitch was just amazing. The enthusiasm of the Bayern fans and the sheer passion of the Santos faithful came across brilliantly. Whilst the Heart feature was full featured in the E3 build, if this is an early indication of what Konami plan to do with it then I for one can’t wait to see how it turns out.

The Set Piece Conundrum

The ability to direct set pieces via a dotted line, a new feature that turned out to be a bit of a talking point between the lucky people that played PES 2014. Sounds simple enough and it is, but its inclusion is somewhat of a double edged sword. You are given the freedom to adjust the direction, height and curve of the ball for both free-kicks and corners. If it sounds great, that’s because it is. It works really well, a little too well in fact. What do I mean by that? Well, you can score directly from corners and it makes the art of the free-kick a little too easy. The free-kick point is less of an issue, but as I played more and more it became apparent that you could score directly from corners almost every single time, turning it into a bit of an exploit. Two corners in a row I did the exact same thing and hit the same point of the crossbar. If I spent a bit more time with it I’m certain I could’ve done what other players were doing, scoring direct from corners regularly.

This possible exploit was fed back to the relevant people, but I still feel something would lost if the feature was taken away altogether. I enjoyed whipping in corners and free-kicks just as much as I welcomed the challenge of defending them. The tactical element fascinated me, but not everyone is going to be as fair and sportsmanlike when it comes to using this feature. It’s sad, but that’s the truth. A suggestion was made by me to limit where the dotted line could go for corners, but then that would take away an element of freedom which was the idea behind it initially. Like I said at the beginning of this section, it’s a double edged sword situation and I don’t envy Konami in how they go about dealing it. I just hope it’s not taken it out completely, but ultimately that might be long term solution. You can even turn the dotted line off right now with a simple press of R1 or RB.

Penalties have also been tweaked, with the kicker getting reticule on-screen that gets bigger as you move towards the corners of the goal. This makes it slight easier for the goalkeeper to save shots, but the kicker can move the reticule at the last second to fool the shot stopper. It’s a nice little mechanic, but I hope it’s smoothed out a little with a proper explanation of how it works delivered to players before they take or attempt to stop their first penalty. The little mysteries have been a staple of PES titles of the past, but for mechanics like this they really should be explained the first time you come across them.

The Fundamentals

Let’s start with goalkeepers shall we? They’re much improved. The men between the sticks are now more reliable and stable, with new animations introduced to reflect differing styles. In the E3 build, Neuer was most impressive. He came out for the ball when he could, catching wherever possible. In PES 2013 the keepers started to push the ball away from goal as much as possible, resulting in less rebound goals, and that’s even more apparent in PES 2014. The keepers also stand up much longer during one-on-one situations, making themselves big and spreading their body to make a save when necessary. I genuinely can’t remember playing a PES during this stage previously and saying “what a save” so many times.

Shooting has been slightly tweaked too, with the feel being less “floaty” than before and more natural. Long range shots in particular felt great, no matter if you scored or not. Staying with scoring, headers have been greatly improved, which means you can actually score them now if you’re in the right position instead of every single one floating over the bar. Crossing felt pretty much the same though, which isn’t necessarily a supremely bad thing, but it would’ve been nice if it had the same freedom as the rest of the passing model. This was fed back to Konami, so hopefully later builds of PES 2014 will have improved crossing.

Attacking wise, the AI was still as great as ever, with good movement around the ball carrier depending on which area of the pitch he is moving towards. The defensive side of things I’ll touch on in the next section, but the actual defending mechanic itself has improved thank to MASS and TrueBall Tech. You still double tap X or A to go into a tackle, but your player will now go towards the ball rather than the player. The feedback you get whether you’re successful or not via the resulting animations is lovely, more natural and realistic than any previous PES. In fact, that sentiment could apply to the entire physical side of the game, as it’s a real step up from PES 2013. It’s slight shame then that referees are a bit inconsistent without any prior warning, with some giving fouls when there actually wasn’t one committed. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as referees are inconsistent at the best of times in real life, but it would be great if there was an indication before the match as to what type of official (lenient, fair, strong and so on) you’re up against. This would allow you to adjust your style and escape the frustrations of certain referees.

Areas of Improvement

I mentioned a few slight improvements that could be made in other sections, with this particular one kept for the defensive AI and player awareness. It’s not something I noticed until the second day of playing PES 2014, but since then it was very much apparent. It had a slight negative impact on some matches, whereas in others it was completely affecting the result of matches, especially when playing against other human players. I noticed several occasions where one player would have the ball in a defensive and one or two players near him would just stand there doing nothing, even when the ball carrier came near them. There was no forward or sideways movement that would’ve made it easier for you to get out. In real life football this is what happens, if one player has the ball in the defensive area then others will move around accordingly, giving him options to move out and get the ball forward. This rarely happened in the E3 build of PES 2014.

To add to this frustration, these non-moving players would get in the way on several occasions, resulting in the ball being gifted to the opposition for a goal. There were several occasions where I benefited from this and the goal I scored as a result felt cheap. I was on the other end of it too, which was really frustrating. This also happened occasionally when defending corners, with cheap goals being scored on the back of the lack of defensive awareness. It’s a frustrating negative as the rest of the game is so good, really enjoyable. As you’d expect this was fed back to Konami and I was assured that in future builds this would be addressed. I would imagine it’s a case of the development team heightening the responsiveness of the defensive AI and other players on the pitch that are not being controlled. A new build should be available to play just before Gamescom, so I’m hoping to report with back positive things in relation to this after getting hands on with that.

Final Thoughts
I’ve played several builds of PES at this early stage and never come away feeling so positive about the game. It’s clear to see the Fox Engine and several new features have put a spring into PES 2014′s step that was missing from previous current-gen iterations. The game feels fresh, more fluid and realistic than before, yet it still retains that PES magic. It may not be next-gen, but if Konami stay on track and improve the game in key areas before it launches (modes and features), PES 2014 could well be a true return to form for the series. Can I have the next build now please, Konami?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:54 pm

If PES 2014 lives up to it's billing it could easily sell over 10m copies. PES 2013 sold 6.15m copies which is not the highest a game in the series has sold but it's much more than 99% of games sell.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:02 pm

I'd like to know how that 6m+ evens out across all continents.... PES is extremely dominant in South America so i would think that they get a large number of sales from there.

Anyway i'm confident this game will play and look great, what will make this game live or die is the game modes.

Lets wait and see if they have anything that can keep people playing in relation to UT or Clubs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next