McAgger
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lupi
sbaggio
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who got the better deal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who got the better deal?

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Arsenal creates tap-ins but has no one to finish, Higuian is King of Tap-Ins

Seems a match made in heaven

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 am

Milantildeath wrote:I honestly don't even rate Higuain at 12mil. What does he do? He doesn't create, He tries his hardest to be a fox in the box but misses some wide open chances, and HE MUST have service. If you want to counter my point he his like Inzaghi, I'd tell you that's a lie. Inzaghi would stretch teams by playing on their last defenders heels and get behind the defense, he would score anything in the box, and was a lot smarter than Higuain. All Higuain does is tries to use his speed to get past players. Tevez on the other hand can create, he is smart, and scores goals at the same time. Juventus got an overall better footballer.

This probably stems from the fact you've only ever seen Pipita play in the CL, where he admittedly massively underperforms. However, he has one of the best conversion rates of any striker (he does miss sitters occasionally, but which striker doesn't), and he doesn't just drop anchor in the opposition box. He closes down, drops deep on occasion and stretches defences by going to the right flank, and he most certainly doesn't only use his speed as he is not the fastest guy out there. He is your typical no-nonsense striker, always looking to use a minimum amount of touches, take advantage of any extra space and get the shot on goal with whichever foot. Primarily a finisher, definitely, but he is capable of making a good pass/cross and participating in the build-up.

If you want a direct comparison with Tevez, why don't you look at the Argentine national team. He is a sure fire starter and the top scorer not only for his team, but also in the whole South American WC Qualifiers. When was Tevez's last game? July 2011? Anyway, poor players such as Bent go for 12+ million, and they are miles away from a pathetic English national team and their struggling strike force. Giroud was more expensive, Moses was close to that, Fletcher was more expensive, Carroll was 35 mil, wasn't he? And you don't rate a starting Argentinian striker for 12 mil? I'd say he is a steal even at 30 mil.

Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:09 am

The better deal?

I'd argue Juventus, personally.

It doesn't really matter though. They both went for "fair" prices in their own way. Tevez will help Juventus progress just as much as Higgy will help Arsenal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arsenal easily.

Juventus went for the inferior cheap option once again like they did when they backed out of Aguero deal and got Vucinic.

Obviously they still win Serie A as no one comes close Tevez or no Tevez but they are not impacting CL until they stop being so stubborn.

Who do you think Juve should buy to start 'impacting in the CL' ? I'm keen to hear cos i'm sure you are speaking this with little idea of Juventus' finances.

And please stop calling it 'cheap'.Its a pretty minimal investment for a top quality player like him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't hate brah.... i'm just one of the few who bases my opinion on the now and not the past and how big a name someone has in the game.

As said before if you signed 2 years ago fair enough.... but he's nowhere near that player nowadays.

Tevez was arguably City's best player last season behind Milner and Zabaleta. He's still a WC player. Age means nothing in the Serie A. Wouldn't be surprised if Tevez is the Serie A top goal scorer with 25+ goals. Massive talent. Just has a lot of baggage.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 am

If Arsenal really get Higuain for 22, I'd say they get a better deal. He is younger and can be resold and he isn't crazy.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Ibra wins you games out of nowhere. Tevez isn't fit to polish his boots ffs
Okay, this is downright ridiculous lol. Tevez is more of an impact player than Ibra ever was or will be. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 am

Neither LLorente , Vucinic or giovinco are big goalscorers.

Tevez is a good deal , 3 years
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:03 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Ibra wins you games out of nowhere. Tevez isn't fit to polish his boots ffs
Okay, this is downright ridiculous lol. Tevez is more of an impact player than Ibra ever was or will be. Laughing

Ibra carries both his Club team and NT on his back ffs while Tevez provide entertainment on the bench.

remember this:

he singlehandedly got us out of the group stages that contained Italy and Denmark (that goal effectively eliminated Italy) so the notion of him having less impact is insane and downright laughable. I can keep posting videos of goals and assists that carried his team to the next stage be it for club or country. I mean there is no wonder every club he plays for wins the league which is his ambition while tevez' ambition is to play golf while his team is sweating it out in the league and CL

When was the last time he was called up by Argentina Laughing . Its a fcking insult to Ibra that this guy is even mentioned in yhe same breath as that legend

Ibra is in the top three players in the world right now. Tevez again isn't fit to polish Ibras boots
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 am

Long term, Arsenal obviously. It's not even a question. Short term, depends which Tevez shows up.

I think the Tevez purchase is an understandable and workable bandaid for a club that cannot compete in the marketplace for a top young striker talent today UNLESS they unload one of their current stars and create liquidity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

rofl
Did he really say that Tevez > Ibra LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Just wow. Tevez never has and never will be in the same league as Ibra.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:23 am

You're honestly comparing Sweden and Argentina lol. Bendtner is more influential to Denmark than lets say.. Aguero is for Argentina. What's your point? Laughing

Damn, but I'm seriously underrating Ibra here. It seems like I'm forgetting his Champions League heroics and impactful performances that have helped all the top clubs he has played for in winning it. No
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am

Please shtap EE... your footy knowledge is being exposed badly. Stick to Liverpool and the EPL Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am

^ Brazilian Ronaldo never won the CL either. Does it make him a bottler and shit as well ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am

Tevez performances in CL are straight garbage.... you can't have a go at Ibra and then defend Tevez when his CL performances are a lot worse.

Tevez has 6 goals in Europe since 2007 Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 am

Juve got the better deal, they have their player we dont.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 am

In the last 2 seasons City've been in the CL,Tevez barely even played.
Not to mention Tevez played an instrumental part in United's CL win.
But hey his record is garbage without having even played enough CL football in his career Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 am

Natalie Portman wrote:^ Brazilian Ronaldo never won the CL either. Does it make him a bottler and shit as well ?
That's not my point. Ronaldo was from a different planet and there's no denying that. Just because he hasn't won a CL doesn't make him a choker. Not performing when it matters is what makes one. Besides, having won two World Cups more than makes it up for Ronaldo. :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tevez performances in CL are straight garbage.... you can't have a go at Ibra and then defend Tevez when his CL performances are a lot worse.

Tevez has 6 goals in Europe since 2007 Laughing
And how many games has he played in Europe? Not to mention most of those games were under an incapable manager who doesn't know his way around in Europe.

sportsczy wrote:Please shtap EE...  your footy knowledge is being exposed badly.  Stick to Liverpool and the EPL Laughing
sure

I'm tired of seeing people underestimate Tevez. "Tevez not fit to polish Ibra's boots".. that's just bs right there. Let's just wait until the end of the season when Tevez gets proper game time and I'll go ahead and bump this thread. :coffee:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Juve got the better deal, they have their player we dont.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:03 am

Is EE actually comparing Ibra to Tevez? Anyone who has played footballed for a prolonged period of time knows that its far more difficult carrying and making an impact for an inferior team than to a team with superior resources and tactics. If you have an equilateral amount of chances for both, carrying Sweden is far more difficult than Argentina since playing with better player=better replication of your talents. Big-fish-small-pond theory is a myth.

Ibra in CL? He carried Inter, was excellent for Milan in the CL and now recently PSG. When will we let this myth die?

Tevez isn't even close to Ibra.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:05 am

Surag wrote:In the last 2 seasons City've been in the CL,Tevez barely even played.
Not to mention Tevez played an instrumental part in United's CL win.
But hey his record is garbage without having even played enough CL football in his career Laughing

Instrumental Laughing

As for City he has 12 appearances in Europe total with them and zero goals.

Keep scrounging the barrel for excuses though, fact is he's played 35 games in Europe and scored 6 goals.

How many games does he have to play for this all to count? 50? 100?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:08 am

But lets not make it sound like Tevez is a scrub compared to him.
He is a great player in his own right and has performed in many big games too.
The CL argument sounds idiotic to me considering he hasnt even played that many games.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 am

Surag wrote:But lets not make it sound like Tevez is a scrub compared to him.
He is a great player in his own right and has performed in many big games too.
The CL argument sounds idiotic to me considering he hasnt even played that many games.

Are you blind? or are you digging your head into the sand?

35 games equates to a nearly a full season in normal terms and in CL terms that's about an average of 6 games a year since making his debut 6 years ago which he has scored 6 goals in that time.

He has definitely played enough games to be rated upon on..... i'll remember this for now on though if a striker has a poor season next season and only plays 35 out of the maximum 38 its because he didn't play that many games.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:24 am

sportsczy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

rofl
Did he really say that Tevez > Ibra LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Just wow.  Tevez never has and never will be in the same league as Ibra.

Laughing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 am

And Tevez was extremely good 2 years ago.  WC in fact.  But he was never elite and he hasn't been WC for 2 year now... can he get back to that form?  Sure.  It's happened before.  Is it likely?  Hard to say.  It's pretty random.  But with Juve's midfield, he'll have no excuses.  How long will he last?  I have my doubts.  His game is based on dynamism and age is never good thing for these kinds of players.

But again, i think it's a very reason risk for Juve.  It's not like they chose Tevez over Higuain.  They could only afford Tevez unless they sold Marchisio for example.

Personally, i'd take Tevez+Marchisio over Higuain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next