McAgger
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lupi
sbaggio
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who got the better deal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who got the better deal?

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:30 pm

And Tevez was extremely good 2 years ago.  WC in fact.  But he was never elite and he hasn't been WC for 2 year now... can he get back to that form?  Sure.  It's happened before.  Is it likely?  Hard to say.  It's pretty random.  But with Juve's midfield, he'll have no excuses.  How long will he last?  I have my doubts.  His game is based on dynamism and age is never good thing for these kinds of players.

But again, i think it's a very reason risk for Juve.  It's not like they chose Tevez over Higuain.  They could only afford Tevez unless they sold Marchisio for example.

Personally, i'd take Tevez+Marchisio over Higuain.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Milantildeath wrote:I honestly don't even rate Higuain at 12mil. What does he do? He doesn't create, He tries his hardest to be a fox in the box but misses some wide open chances, and HE MUST have service. If you want to counter my point he his like Inzaghi, I'd tell you that's a lie. Inzaghi would stretch teams by playing on their last defenders heels and get behind the defense, he would score anything in the box, and was a lot smarter than Higuain. All Higuain does is tries to use his speed to get past players. Tevez on the other hand can create, he is smart, and scores goals at the same time. Juventus got an overall better footballer.

Higuain Style of Play is more similar To Vieri and i dont share the same about him being 12m
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:But lets not make it sound like Tevez is a scrub compared to him.
He is a great player in his own right and has performed in many big games too.
The CL argument sounds idiotic to me considering he hasnt even played that many games.

Are you blind? or are you digging your head into the sand?

35 games equates to a nearly a full season in normal terms and in CL terms that's about an average of 6 games a year since making his debut 6 years ago which he has scored 6 goals in that time.

He has definitely played enough games to be rated upon on..... i'll remember this for now on though if a striker has a poor season next season and only plays 35 out of the maximum 38 its because he didn't play that many games.

Sorry i was on my mobile ,i couldnt post fastly(with network problems),no need to get personal.

And how many of those games are starts ? Records dont always tell the whole story ,goalscoring is not his main job.

Lets not forget he played in a team poorly equipped for the CL.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

No matter what people say about Tevez no one can say he's a scrub. He has issues and Juve has one on the calmest dressing rooms with Conte there. No matter what, having Tevez is better than Quags and Matri. He needs to be given a chance. He will have plenty of good players behind him and Llorente in front so we shall see. If he can't do well with Juve he will do no better on any other team.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Ok fine let me accept the fact that Tevez is an absolutely shit striker,he hasnt performed in big games,his CL record is garbage plus he'll be playing in a weak Serie A hence whatever he does with the team is worthless.Even if he scores a few goals in the CL its cos the amazing support he has from the likes of Pirlo and Vidal and i'm sure they'll take a big credit in carrying him if he became successful with Juve.
Its a shame he hasnt joined amazing teams like Newcastle,Barca or Dortmund cos he would be WC already without playing a single game for them rather he is digging a deeper hole playing in a league worse than Liga Sagres and Ligue 1.

Lets face it.He's shit past it on teh verge of retirement player.Period.

Last edited by Surag on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:53 pm

By May 2014, you would see who really got the better deal. Though quite a bit more tangibles would need to be taken into consideration.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:And Tevez was extremely good 2 years ago.  WC in fact.  But he was never elite and he hasn't been WC for 2 year now... can he get back to that form?  Sure.  It's happened before.  Is it likely?  Hard to say.  It's pretty random.  But with Juve's midfield, he'll have no excuses.  How long will he last?  I have my doubts.  His game is based on dynamism and age is never good thing for these kinds of players.

But again, i think it's a very reason risk for Juve.  It's not like they chose Tevez over Higuain.  They could only afford Tevez unless they sold Marchisio for example.

Personally, i'd take Tevez+Marchisio over Higuain.

Nope.Its because we dint think he was worth the 30m asking price just like how we dont value Jovetic at the same price.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 pm

juve should have went for higs, he would deliver in the league and might gained some confidence for cl since its less pressure to win it unlike madrid that dreams to win it every year better yet every day, tevez could work out but still disappointed in juve lack of spending power
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:01 am

sportsczy wrote:And Tevez was extremely good 2 years ago.  WC in fact.  But he was never elite and he hasn't been WC for 2 year now... can he get back to that form?  Sure.  It's happened before.  Is it likely?  Hard to say.  It's pretty random.  But with Juve's midfield, he'll have no excuses.  How long will he last?  I have my doubts.  His game is based on dynamism and age is never good thing for these kinds of players.

Tevez was one of the the best players for City last season...

Age means absolutely nothing in the Serie A. There's a reason the "bigger" players all played there in their 30s when they were on the decline. The tempo of the league is slow. Tevez won't find it difficult at all. You make it sound like he can't run ffs. He can still cover as much ground as anyone, and he's constant movement hasn't declined. Along with his never die and winning mentality, Juventus got them self a player.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:03 am

chad4401 wrote:juve should have went for higs, he would deliver in the league and might gained some confidence for cl since its less pressure to win it unlike madrid that dreams to win it every year better yet every day, tevez could work out but still disappointed in juve lack of spending power  

So what exactly do Juventus want to do in the CL?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:15 am

ok we get it Tevez signed for Juve and he is shit plus United fans hate him even thou Ferguson himself said he is big game player.

Higuain Mardid reject is WC striker on par with Messi and Ronaldo with Falcao being the last choice.

Giroud signs for Arsenal he is World Class

we get it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:16 am

ynwa wrote:
chad4401 wrote:juve should have went for higs, he would deliver in the league and might gained some confidence for cl since its less pressure to win it unlike madrid that dreams to win it every year better yet every day, tevez could work out but still disappointed in juve lack of spending power  

Don't you know that Madrid is above everyone and their players are proclaimed saints and are high on the sky while the others are just 'mortals' nothing more ? Laughing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:36 am

DeviAngel wrote:ok we get it Tevez signed for Juve and he is shit plus United fans hate him even thou Ferguson himself said he is big game player.

Higuain Mardid reject is WC striker on par with Messi and Ronaldo with Falcao being the last choice.

we get it

I don't see any gunner think that way. In fact, the fans got trolled so much, all they want is the club to sign the damn player 1st. Also that Giroud part is Sad he might not be worldclass but he's our Matri.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:54 am

DeviAngel wrote:ok we get it Tevez signed for Juve and he is shit plus United fans hate him even thou Ferguson himself said he is big game player.

we get it

And now if Gomez joins Fiorentina,GL wouldnt even care cos he is not joining a top team in a supposed weak league,they will be like "Overrated ambitionless player who was coward in not wanting to test himself in the 'best league in the world' "

But if he joins City or Chelsea , "Superb striker who will score a gazillion goals with that kind of service".

From a business perspective Tevez's signing is a brilliant deal in my opinion.But no,all people want to say is Juve went "cheap" instead of commending them for securing a bargain deal such as this one.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 am

It's not a bargain deal though. I mean Ibra was bought for 30 mil and he's 10x the player Tevez is. Why are the prices lower? Both these guys were pushing 30 when they were bought. There is no resale value.

I think Juve paid a fair price for an out-of-form and aging striker who could become good again.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 am

You are referring to Milan or PSG ?

If its Milan,they paid 24m but his wages was about 9m net and on a 4 year contract.He was financially a burden for them.

You look at this particular transfer which costs 9m euros + a maximum of 6m in bonuses IF the objectives are met.

16.5m in wages across a period of three years,9m in transfer fee.That is less than 30m ,sorry,but i dont see how it isnt a bargain just for the figures mentioned.

And had he not been in the last year of his contract i'm certain Man City would've been pushing for a 20-25m asking price.Its not exactly got to do with age.

Anyways i cant go on arguing about this.Just lets wait and see how he fares next season.

(All my figures are in Euros btw).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 am

It amazes me how in denial Juve fans are about their finances. (For the record, having the money and be unwilling to spend it is just as bad, alla Arsenal syle, for people that argue that Juve had at 80m transfer kitt).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 am

Ibra was the best CF in the world when PSG bought him and remains the best CF in the world today.  Carried Milan to Serie A titles while leading the league in scoring... and has done the same at PSG.

Tevez?  He hasn't been performing at a high level for 2 years now.

So yeah, Ibra deserved his wage given his level at the time.  To me, he's been a top 3 player in the world for 3-4 years now.  Tevez is nowhere near what he used to be and was never at Ibra's level even at his best.  

Juve paid a low price hoping that Tevez can regain form.  To me, the price is fair given the player's current form and age.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Twoism wrote:

we get it

I don't see any gunner think that way. In fact, the fans got trolled so much, all they want is the club to sign the damn player 1st. Also that Giroud part is :(he might not be worldclass but he's our Matri.

Thst wasn't aimed at gunner fans bro Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Higuain is class and Arsenal finally got a top striker now.

Tevez is very good too, but not the elite level anymore I think, but hes tough mentality which suits Juve style.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:13 pm

we get it

It's not like that at all. No one is piling on Juve, it's just that one of your fans thinks Tevez is better then Ibra which it's just so wrong it's not even funny. Not only that you have one saying 35 games isn't enough to judge a striker in the Champions League.

I mean these "facts" are not only flat out wrong there shockingly bad opinions.

If any of you still harbor these crazy opinions just watch Serie A next season a league Ibra treated as his personal playground and see if Tevez comes anywhere close to what Ibra accomplished in the league. I mean I think some of you forget how much Ibra dominated Serie A.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It amazes me how in denial Juve fans are about their finances. (For the record, having the money and be unwilling to spend it is just as bad, alla Arsenal syle, for people that argue that Juve had at 80m transfer kitt).

They thinks all of Agnelli's money is Juventus's money lol..

In
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 pm

ynwa wrote:

just saying its an obsession for madrid nothing else matters but the 10th
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Tevez scored 4 CL goals and 1 assist with 8 starts when United won the CL in 2008.

In the following season he scored 2 goals in CL and 1 assist with 4 starts.

And in Man City's 2 seasons in the CL he has had 3 starts and 0 goals..

So thats 6 goals and 2 assists with 15 starts out of 35 CL games he's played in.So thats less than half of the appearances in which Tevez has started a CL game.

"Tevez CL record is garbage".You decide for yourself.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 pm

i hope Tevez will have the same impact like the shit players far from their primes like Pirlo and Barzagli were when they came in Torino..

It's funny that 2 months ago someone made a topic in RB section about tevez, and most of the opininions were like: great player, still world class or very close to world class etc..
Now, it looks like he declined suddenly.. Just like Neymar when he transfered to Barca, Zaha to Utd ..

And i don't understand what's with the Ibra comparison.. If you want a striker to look bad by comparing him to Ibra, you may want to take a look at Real Madrid strikers too...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 am

Dnmac4 wrote:

we get it

It's not like that at all.  No one is piling on Juve, it's just that one of your fans thinks Tevez is better then Ibra which it's just so wrong it's not even funny.  Not only that you have one saying 35 games isn't enough to judge a striker in the Champions League.

I mean these "facts" are not only flat out wrong there shockingly bad opinions.

If any of you still harbor these crazy opinions just watch Serie A next season a league Ibra treated as his personal playground and see if Tevez comes anywhere close to what Ibra accomplished in the league.  I mean I think some of you forget how much Ibra dominated Serie A.

First of all nobody can compare Tevez and Ibra they are different players and Tevez is amazing in his role while IBra is in his role. Ppl said that because notice how much Juve and Tevez were underestimated and what I said is true, I mean notice when we signed Vidal some here even said another average player affraid and so on lol its not only about tevez its about all Juve players.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next