ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 30 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 30 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:49 am

been think more about Will Hughes that could this be the end of Jordan Henderson as for some reason only Rodgers know way he does not rate Henderson

vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 30 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:55 am

mate, he just 18 and looked far from finished product in youtube videos. But playing in our reserves will be perfect for him to get developed more. He is left footed but not sure if he has the pace for a winger...people from england probaly can tell more about him

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:04 pm

More about him :
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-County-midfield-built-Hughes-force/story-19606815-detail/story.html#axzz2bkf9UXqi

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:19 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:More about him :
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-County-midfield-built-Hughes-force/story-19606815-detail/story.html#axzz2bkf9UXqi
thank you, for help,thank you agian, so would make sense to buy Hughes then let Derby keep Hughes for a year or two,

it nice try build link's with Championship club's we got what seem a nice build with Blackpool, may be send Wisdom & McLaughlin loan to Derby
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 pm

if you guys sign Matri I'll be new Liverpool fan trust me he is soooo underrated next to an SS he is beast !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Who is Matri btw Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:01 pm

We have been linked with Matri but I don't think there's anything concrete there. And plus we don't need him. We've got Borini who will barely get any gametime as it is.

But if we do sign him, his bird is fine Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:05 pm

We're turning into a feeder club for West ham ffs Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 pm

McAgger wrote:We're turning into a feeder club for West ham ffs Razz
I was waiting for some sort of confirmation, is there any by now?

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Btw, twatter-twitter saying he has already passed medical today, move to be announced shortly

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah, it looks like a done deal.

West Ham spending surprisingly lot for a club in financial difficulties.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, it looks like a done deal.

I hope all good for them, hope they and carroll do well

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Yeah, it looks like a done deal.

I hope all good for them, hope they and carroll do well
can see west ham score a lot of goals,

-----------Diame------Noble-------
Downing----------Nolan------------Jarvis---
-----------------Carroll--------
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 pm

"Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho 44m

@KingShiver Wants a left back, a winger, ideally another attacker and a centre back too. No guarantees though."

That's pretty ambitious for the last three weeks of the window.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 pm

I think downing leaving was very important so that we could actively pursue another winger.
Attacker, we were unlucky to miss out on Mkhi.
CB, lot of issues related to it.
Left back hopefully seems to be done as rumoured.
Very curious whom we will pursue now after missing on costa!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:23 pm

From what I'm hearing with all these quotes going around, there is a strong possibility we may end up NOT signing anyone. Sad I'm just going to say that we will not get CL with this exact squad we have atm. Need to strengthen or we'll be in the same spot next summer, no on coming to us because we don't have CL and players wanting to leave for bigger and better things.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 pm

RedOranje wrote:"Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho 44m

@KingShiver Wants a left back, a winger, ideally another attacker and a centre back too. No guarantees though."

That's pretty ambitious for the last three weeks of the window.
that more ambitious for Liverpool F.C. now days
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:33 pm

McAgger wrote:From what I'm hearing with all these quotes going around, there is a strong possibility we may end up NOT signing anyone. Sad I'm just going to say that we will not get CL with this exact squad we have atm. Need to strengthen or we'll be in the same spot next summer, no on coming to us because we don't have CL and players wanting to leave for bigger and better things.
I know what you are saying, we were surely targeting players from a certain bracket, it seems till now it didnt work for us. But I am sure that the scouting team must be having some alternatives in the same bracket otherwise i think we will try to get players in the immediate next bracket to players such as Mkhi. Looking at recent quotes, it seems we will surely sign players but they may not be very flashy names

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:34 pm

all big talk from Brendan Rodgers what sign XI players before pre-season so they can gel & XI are

Mignolet
Touré
Alberto
Aspas

so don't see us sign else just yet Rodgers might think need one more XI to go with other buys

funny Tottenham have other ideas what XI players mean for big club
Nacer Chadili
Etienne Capoue
Paulinho
Roberto Soldado

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Eriksen scored another beautiful freekick this weekend Sad

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 am

Swag, from everything I've seen, Eriksen hasn't been a target for a long time. I should know. I've been scouring the internet for rumors regarding his transfer for a long time. He was my choice for a midfield target before the window opened. To be honest, I saw him as a spiritual successor to Gerrard as the leader of our midfield. From the extensive scouting we engaged in, I'd venture a guess that I wasn't the only one to think along those lines.

The thing is, we never moved on the interest. Now, after seeing the players we have made moves for, it's abundantly clear why. Eriksen is a cultured and creative CM/CAM. However, he's not a high-pressing, engine of a midfielder that can add 10+ goals-per-season. In 4 seasons at Ajax, he's only hit double digits once (10 last season).

Taking BR's recent comments about Coutinho into account, it now looks like we have our #10. Mkhitaryan was likely such a mercurial talent that we were willing to move Coutinho wide. It's hard to justify a similar situation based on Eriksen's production. The recent interest in Soldado (rumored) and Costa (confirmed) suggests that we are taking a somewhat "moneyball" approach to trasnfers; i.e. we're searching for production rather than positional gaps. The beauty in BR's tactics and player-preference mean that the squad is adaptable enough to do this. Players can contribute from different areas and fill different roles based on additions, injuries, etc.

Ideally, it looks like we want a Striker/Winger that can add a double-digit goal return: an Alexis Sanchez type of player. The problem... well. I'm not sure who's available that we could land. There are several younger players that could fit the bill, but perhaps not for the immediate goal-return we are looking for. We could really use a more developed version of Viktor Fischer, Christian Tello, maybe Yehven Konoplyanka, and even Jordon Ibe (I see him as more of a  striker than Sterling). The problem is that none of them offer the return we are looking for, and we already have one (two if you count Sterling) such prospects. We need someone now, and I'm not sure who is next on our list. I would, however, be absolutely shocked if Eriksen is the solution after seeing our targets.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:24 am

^ Is right.

We haven't been linked to Eriksen since we've missed out on Mkhitaryan.

With that said, Eriksen is not a leader. That's one of the few things Ajax fans have against him. He's not really captain material / a leader. He just does his role and wants to win every game. So I guess he's like a younger Gerrard where he influenced those around him with his performance. As Gerrard's aged, he's become more of a "leader" ala Carragher. Eriksen is not at that stage.

Also, Eriksen does have an engine. In fact, I'd argue he runs just as much as Henderson. He runs... A LOT. He's also great movement.

I think the only reason we're not interested in him, is because he's a very similar player to Coutinho and of our limited funds. Eriksen is better out of the two, and I'm biased to both sides, so does that cancel each other out? :PDoesn't matter though, it's seems ever since we missed out on Mickey, we've wanted an inside forward / attacker.

Fischer and Bakkali would be great, but they're far too young to play for Liverpool. We already need to groom Sterling and Coutinho and Borini and Ibe and I can go on and on, we have a generally young list. So I agree that we'll be looking for a mature type player. Alexis Sanchez seems good, but I can't see it. His wages are far too high, and I highly doubt he'll join us as we're not in the CL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:46 am

Good points and I definitely understand and agree with most of it. However, somehow with such a great talent being available for so cheap and us not pouncing makes me cringe. It's not like quality players are dying to come here atm and the ones that do get shut out completely. There's no doubt in my mind that whoever buys Eriksen can sell him for up to 25-30m. It's a very smart investment short term if you don't think we need him long term because we can definitely get almost twice as much he costs now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 am

Also can I request not to be called Swag anymore. Don't like the word at all. Aggerswagger rhymed which was the only reason I went with it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 am

McAgger wrote:Good points and I definitely understand and agree with most of it. However, somehow with such a great talent being available for so cheap and us not pouncing makes me cringe. It's not like quality players are dying to  come here atm and the ones that do get shut out completely. There's no doubt in my mind that whoever buys Eriksen  can sell him for up to 25-30m. It's a very smart investment short term if you don't think we need him long term because we can definitely get almost twice as much he costs now.
Well, you say that now (and most of us do agree that he'd be a great signing) but keep in mind that clubs aren't exactly queuing up for him this summer despite his relatively cheap price. If they aren't after him now when he's available for 15-20m that doesn't bode well for the suggestion they would be interested in paying 25-35m. Of course he could settle well (were he signed) and thus increase interest, but as it stands there's obviously some reason he's not being pursued and that does not bode well for potential re-sale, especially short-term.

That said, I'm not a fan of the whole "sign for a quick turn around" so potential 1-to-2 seasons' profit doesn't really factor into my desire to see us sign him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:33 am

Teams didn't want to take the risk on Suarez either Red. And he was only going for around 20 when we signed him. Eriksen is the "Suarez" of the league now that is Bony again. (A level above everyone else.)

I can see Eriksen going for around 25-30+ in the future. Especially when he "shows" it in the BPl. The market is going to continue going up and up, there's nothing to suggest that the market will drop so his price, when "proven", will be around that fee imo.

That's not really why I want him though.

He'll  take our starting XI to the next tier as he is class.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next