ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 31 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:33 am

Teams didn't want to take the risk on Suarez either Red. And he was only going for around 20 when we signed him. Eriksen is the "Suarez" of the league now that is Bony again. (A level above everyone else.)

I can see Eriksen going for around 25-30+ in the future. Especially when he "shows" it in the BPl. The market is going to continue going up and up, there's nothing to suggest that the market will drop so his price, when "proven", will be around that fee imo.

That's not really why I want him though.

He'll  take our starting XI to the next tier as he is class.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 31 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 am

Gee, can't imagine why clubs were wary of Suarez...

And Bony wasn't really that much better than his competitors last season. He put up similar numbers to Altidore last season and Bas Dost the year before.

It's always a bit of a risk buying an attacker from the Eredivisie.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 am

And before we go down the same path again: I like Suarez (as a player) and he's been fantastic for us (as a player). I like Eriksen and think he'd be a fantastic signing. But in both cases there ARE reasons why they weren't/aren't being chased by the top clubs while with Ajax. I'm simply suggesting that the "quick profit" argument is not a great argument to make for the signing. As I said though, it's not something I'd be concerned with anyway as it's the philosophy of a selling club... one that's more interested in making a profit than winning trophies.

I do like Eriksen. I'd be ecstatic if we signed him.

I just feel like some of the negatives of both the player and the league are being overlooked in the rush to agree on how great he is and how much of a mistake the club are making in not signing him (something of a trend amongst much of the internet fanbase, I've noticed).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 am

Yeah, that's why no one has took the risk on Eriksen this summer. A lot of teams are missing out; I think he would of been the best fit for Barcelona to replace Thiago.

Luis' attitude had nothing to do why he wasn't sold to another team in Holland. Like you said, many people are wary of when players who come out of the Eredivisie. Not many teams care about attitude. Well, they do. But they'll pay for talent. You just have look at Arsenal this summer. They're known for only signing "good" guys. They've prepared to put in a third offer worth near 50m this week for him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:03 am

Well, Suarez DID move between clubs in the Netherlands... and did so via legal case against his club at the time. Attitude issues certainly contributed to the lack of interest.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:11 am

His attitude could have been reason. There are other reasons why clubs didn't go for him as well. Not many teams spend in January. Let's not forget Suarez was cup tied in Europe at the time, as well. (Teams are going to be pushing for Luis in January if he's available because he's not cup tied.)

At the end of the day, the main reason would of been the inconsistency from the league. For every Suarez, there is a Kezman. 20m+ for a player that could have been 50/50 was a massive risk on our half. He always did have the talent and mentality to succeed. And well, it's paid off for us now. I'm sure if Eriksen "proved" it in another league, his price will rise as well to a 25-30m range as well. He also doesn't come with baggage. Let's not forget, Isco is a similar player to Eriksen now and went around the 30m range. And that's only because he was "proven" in a higher league in the BBVA.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:25 am

McAgger wrote:From what I'm hearing with all these quotes going around, there is a strong possibility we may end up NOT signing anyone. Sad I'm just going to say that we will not get CL with this exact squad we have atm. Need to strengthen or we'll be in the same spot next summer, no on coming to us because we don't have CL and players wanting to leave for bigger and better things.
Well I certainly hope that we don't spend our money on wrong players or over-pay in despair. Better save if for next window / season, if there's not quality available for us.

But I agree, I think most of us do, that our squad does need some extra kick if we want to get a top-4 finish. Although our ideal XI at the moment isn't too bad: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson; Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez; we lack in quality subs and cover for injuries (and suspensions and poor form).

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:56 am

' I think' the lack of interest in Erikssen is two-fold. Clubs, where he would like to go (Leverkusen, Fiorentina, Spurs, OM and as such) don't need him. While clubs that do need (and may even afford) him are simply below his class (lacks potential to progress).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 am

donttreadonred wrote:Swag, from everything I've seen, Eriksen hasn't been a target for a long time. I should know. I've been scouring the internet for rumors regarding his transfer for a long time. He was my choice for a midfield target before the window opened. To be honest, I saw him as a spiritual successor to Gerrard as the leader of our midfield. From the extensive scouting we engaged in, I'd venture a guess that I wasn't the only one to think along those lines.

The thing is, we never moved on the interest. Now, after seeing the players we have made moves for, it's abundantly clear why. Eriksen is a cultured and creative CM/CAM. However, he's not a high-pressing, engine of a midfielder that can add 10+ goals-per-season. In 4 seasons at Ajax, he's only hit double digits once (10 last season).

Taking BR's recent comments about Coutinho into account, it now looks like we have our #10. Mkhitaryan was likely such a mercurial talent that we were willing to move Coutinho wide. It's hard to justify a similar situation based on Eriksen's production. The recent interest in Soldado (rumored) and Costa (confirmed) suggests that we are taking a somewhat "moneyball" approach to trasnfers; i.e. we're searching for production rather than positional gaps. The beauty in BR's tactics and player-preference mean that the squad is adaptable enough to do this. Players can contribute from different areas and fill different roles based on additions, injuries, etc.

Ideally, it looks like we want a Striker/Winger that can add a double-digit goal return: an Alexis Sanchez type of player. The problem... well. I'm not sure who's available that we could land. There are several younger players that could fit the bill, but perhaps not for the immediate goal-return we are looking for. We could really use a more developed version of Viktor Fischer, Christian Tello, maybe Yehven Konoplyanka, and even Jordon Ibe (I see him as more of a  striker than Sterling). The problem is that none of them offer the return we are looking for, and we already have one (two if you count Sterling) such prospects. We need someone now, and I'm not sure who is next on our list. I would, however, be absolutely shocked if Eriksen is the solution after seeing our targets.
what about for CM/CAM Paulo Henrique Ganso a few years there was big hype around & people were talk so much about him ?

have not seen him play but going by what people were say, his skill,power,goals Height
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:14 am

If we are really, really serious about T4 this season, we have four areas to take care of.

1. CB for starting XI
2. Attacker for starting XI
3. LB for back-up
4. Back-up for Lucas

Now #2, we are focusing on scoring ability and that really limits our options considering we are not even in EL. Sanchez (I mentioned weeks ago) is an viable option as he will be nothing more than a bench player and might have taken a pay-cut to play regularly as WC is due in less than a year.

Leverkusen, Napoli, Fiorentina, OM, Spurs holds advantage over us for the type (quality) of players we seek.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 am

I don't know why people think we need another attacker/winger. Wide forwards at our disposal currently: Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, Borini, Coutinho, Sterling, Ibe, Assaidi(?).. that is even sufficient for a team playing in Europe. It would even hamper Sterling and Ibe's development.

And no.. just buying players haphazardly isn't the way to go. New signings would require time to gel in. So buying 'top 4' quality players isn't the solution for a top 4 finish. Consistency is the key.

We just need one more priority signing this window.. a central midfielder. That's it. I'll be satisfied.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:31 am

Spurs closing in on Eriksen ffs. They're doing my double swoop I wanted for Liverpool 3 weeks ago!

Siem De Jong had a massive scare and will be out for 6 weeks. Nothings working out right for Ajax. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I don't know why people think we need another attacker/winger. Wide forwards at our disposal currently: Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, Borini, Coutinho, Sterling, Ibe, Assaidi(?).. that is even sufficient for a team playing in Europe. It would even hamper Sterling and Ibe's development.

And no.. just buying players haphazardly isn't the way to go. New signings would require time to gel in. So buying 'top 4' quality players isn't the solution for a top 4 finish. Consistency is the key.

We just need one more priority signing this window.. a central midfielder. That's it. I'll be satisfied.
Rodgers has said Coutinho will be playing in midfield mate. We need someone on the left hand side in the front three.

Sturridge will play up top.

Borini, Sterling and Ibe lack experience.

Assaidi is leaving this summer, if that's a loan or a permanent move, I don't know.

Liverpool is great in possession, but lack the quality in the final third. We need to address that.

We have no option buy to buy "top 4" quality. Or we'll end up with Carroll, Adam and Downing.

Mediocrity breeds mediocrity. It's no surprise players have regressed since they were playing under Benitez.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:48 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I don't know why people think we need another attacker/winger. Wide forwards at our disposal currently: Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, Borini, Coutinho, Sterling, Ibe, Assaidi(?).. that is even sufficient for a team playing in Europe. It would even hamper Sterling and Ibe's development.

Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, are all fight it out lone striker

Brendan Rodgers has said Borini is a striker he only fill in out wide got know else

Assaidi all but gone

Ibe is still in his nappies

Sterling is real turn into a bad boy & he head is not right at this time

Brendan Rodgers is try to turn Coutinho in central attacking midfielder

why buy wide players it work so well not have 2 good wide players past 14 years

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:19 am

Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho;Aspas, Sturridge, Suarez...that line up is also possible OR Aspas will feature as an impact sub or competition to Sturridge. Later seems more possible than starting every match with Aspas as the above mentioned line up.
I still believe that we need just 2 more experienced signings (CB and attacker), I really wont mind if instead of a marquee signing, we sign a player in a similar situation as sturridge was (either from EPL or from some other league). Is by any means Kaka possible at least on loan if not permanent (OR his high wages may be a big problem)?  
In jan window, we can sign a possible replacement for Suarez.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Long time.

Downing has completed his move today via James Sullivan. Official news soon.

Siquira is also linked but wont that be LB?

Doesnt that leave our squad very thin at wide positions?
Considering Assaidi is going and we dont play our forwards wide, Ibe and Sterling still too young.

Transfer Table -

In-

Kolo Toure - Man City - Free
Iago Aspas - Celta - 7 mill
Luis Alberto - Sevilla - 6.8 million
Simon Mignolet - Sunderland - 9 million + 1million Bonuses

Pedro Chirivella - Valencia - Undisclosed
Sergi Canos - Barcelona - Undisclosed
Yan Dhanda - WBA - Undisclosed
Herbie Kane - Bristol City - Undisclosed

Out -

Jamie Carragher - Retired

Danny Wilson - Free - Hearts
Andy Carroll - 16 million + bonuses - West Ham
Gulacsi - Free - Salzburg.
Jonjo Shelvey - 5 million + 1 million bonuses - Swansea City
Jay Spearing - 1.5 million - Bolton
Stewart Downing - 6 million - West Ham

Pepe Reina - Napoli - Loan

Michael Ngoo - Yeovil ( Newly Promoted, Championship ) - Loan
Kristizian Adorjan - FC Groningen ( Loan )
Fernandez Suso - UD Almeria ( Newly promoted, La Liga) - Loan
Henoc Mukendi - Partick Thistle - Loan
Conor Coady - Sheffield United - Loan
Jack Robinson - Blackpool - Loan

Sam Gainford- Contract Expired
Nathan Quirk- Contract Expired
Niall Heaton- Contract Expired
Tyrell Belford- Contract Expired
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Nish is back....
I hope Will Hughes gets added to that list, i am quite mesmerized by his youtube videos.
If we can land Willian or Hulk, ......those fantasy league thoughts cant go away so easily

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 pm

report wrote:Downing, who has 34 caps for England, has signed a four-year contract with the London club and is Sam Allardyce's fifth summer signing.

"I'm very excited," he said. "It's a great opportunity for me being here, it's a great club and I'm really excited to get going.

"I'm ready and I'm fit for the first game against Cardiff City. I've played a decent few games for Liverpool in pre-season, so there will be no problems on that front.

"It's all happened quickly, but I'm really excited and hoping to play a part on Saturday."
cheers best of luck to my fav player who has departed this window

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
report wrote:Downing, who has 34 caps for England, has signed a four-year contract with the London club and is Sam Allardyce's fifth summer signing.

"I'm very excited," he said. "It's a great opportunity for me being here, it's a great club and I'm really excited to get going.

"I'm ready and I'm fit for the first game against Cardiff City. I've played a decent few games for Liverpool in pre-season, so there will be no problems on that front.

"It's all happened quickly, but I'm really excited and hoping to play a part on Saturday."
cheers best of luck to my fav player who has departed this window
what about Pepe Reina & the way show the door just show how Liverpool F.C become
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:06 pm

something-red wrote:Spurs closing in on Eriksen ffs.
Tottenham signing him would be a little weird, they've already got a shtload of midfielders.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Ganso is 23, has never played outside of Brazil, has had injury problems and seen his form drop. He no longer gets called up consistently to Brazil and never starts for them, and interest from Europe has all but disappeared. Just a prospect that seems to never have panned out, and I would be incredibly disappointed if we signed him.

Veg, just out of curiosity - do you play FM a lot? Your discussions of signing 8-10 players in a window, your idea of tactics and the necessity of fitting players into specific spots in the lineup, and your transfer targets all sound to me like you've spent a lot of time in the game... Not that we all haven't, but the real world doesn't work like it does in the game...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Eriksen to Tottenham doesn't make sense, yep. They already have a midfield set in the form of Dembele - Sandro - Paulinho and are also linked to Capoue as well who can comfortably play in the midfield.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:59 pm

I was thinking, with dempsey gone, they may need someone behind the striker unless AVB has a plan to play bale there but then who play on the left wing for them. The reason because of which move doesnt seem possible to me is that I am not sure whther they will spend another 15 on one player without bale leaving them.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:16 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I was thinking, with dempsey gone, they may need someone behind the striker unless AVB has a plan to play bale there but then who play on the left wing for them. The reason because of which move doesnt seem possible to me is that I am not sure whther they will spend another 15 on one player without bale leaving them.
Holty and Sigurdsson hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:23 pm

ohhh how did I forget holty, he will be their first team player this season

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm

AVB is recreating his 4-3-3 which he used at Porto as evident by his signings. Sandro and Paulinho, would not want to be benched with the WC coming up. Dembele pretty much ticks the midfield for Spuds. So Eriksen signing is just paper talk unless AVB wants him to play out wide which is outrageous considering they have far better options available. I personally think they're pretty much done for in this window and will sign a CB and/or LB to finish it off.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next