ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm

AVB is recreating his 4-3-3 which he used at Porto as evident by his signings. Sandro and Paulinho, would not want to be benched with the WC coming up. Dembele pretty much ticks the midfield for Spuds. So Eriksen signing is just paper talk unless AVB wants him to play out wide which is outrageous considering they have far better options available. I personally think they're pretty much done for in this window and will sign a CB and/or LB to finish it off.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:29 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:ohhh how did I forget holty, he will be there first team player this season
I hope you're joking mate.. lol.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:28 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS DOWNING IS SOLD. FINALLY!!! Just saw it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm

McAgger wrote:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS DOWNING IS SOLD. FINALLY!!! Just saw it.
I was surprised by such a passive reaction in our thread, i guess people had started liking him after his fine display in last 2 friendlies Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 pm

The thing with Downing is/was that he seems like an OK person and he had his good, even if rare, fine moments at Liverpool. If it wasn't for finances I wouldn't have minded him as a squad player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:53 pm

He was MOTM against Cardiff when we won the Carling Cup. I will give him that Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 pm

feel sorry about Downing Dalglish bought him to play old school football, for Downing keep the width, hug the line, put cross in for big man & little man get the goals, it could have work out for Dalglish if bought other winger to go with Downing
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Art Morte wrote:The thing with Downing is/was that he seems like an OK person and he had his good, even if rare, fine moments at Liverpool. If it wasn't for finances I wouldn't have minded him as a squad player.
Also last season was a time, when we did not have enough depth so I wanted him to stay.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:AVB is recreating his 4-3-3 which he used at Porto as evident by his signings. Sandro and Paulinho, would not want to be benched with the WC coming up. Dembele pretty much ticks the midfield for Spuds. So Eriksen signing is just paper talk unless AVB wants him to play out wide which is outrageous considering they have far better options available. I personally think they're pretty much done for in this window and will sign a CB and/or LB to finish it off.
if Tottenham sale Bale do you think the line up like this

------------Sandro---------Paulinho----------
Chadli--------------Dembélé-----------------Holtby---
-------------------Soldado----

2nd team

------------Jake---------Parker--------
Lennon------------Gylfi------------------Andros-------
-----------------Adebayor------

so if do buy Eriksen do you think that one of Dembélé or Sigurðsson will be sold ?

i like Sigurðsson think should bought him than Allen, & with us not look top player i think Sigurðsson can be are 8-10 goal score centre midfielder
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:46 pm

If we didn't have Allen, we'd need another CM, though. A while ago we were stacked with them (Adam, Meireles, Shelvey...), now we're starting to look short.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 pm

but I think we still have just enough for at least the coming season-Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Hendo. A proper DM back is not there but Allen will be able to manage it

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Art Morte wrote:If we didn't have Allen, we'd need another CM, though. A while ago we were stacked with them (Adam, Meireles, Shelvey...), now we're starting to look short.
Sigurðsson cost 8m, score goals & assists, in the Bundesliga & Premier League, he out score & assists over Allen at Swansea, and guess what Sigurðsson at bit player at Tottenham in all competition 7 goals & 6 assists

Allen cost 15m, at Swansea he was not there best midfielder , they better passer, better tack, better creativity, better goal score, so what did Allen do at Swansea

like i said Sigurðsson has show he can get goals ave 8,Gerrard get goals, Henderson show he can get 4-5 goal each year good back up, Shelvey as back up & Sahin as Lucas back up,

i think we would won games with set of midfielder than have Allen in there
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm

vegfootball wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:AVB is recreating his 4-3-3 which he used at Porto as evident by his signings. Sandro and Paulinho, would not want to be benched with the WC coming up. Dembele pretty much ticks the midfield for Spuds. So Eriksen signing is just paper talk unless AVB wants him to play out wide which is outrageous considering they have far better options available. I personally think they're pretty much done for in this window and will sign a CB and/or LB to finish it off.
if Tottenham sale Bale do you think the line up like this

2nd team

so if do buy  Eriksen do you think that one of Dembélé or Sigurðsson will be sold ?

i like Sigurðsson think should bought him than Allen, & with us not look top player i think Sigurðsson can be are 8-10 goal score centre midfielder
Bale won't be sold this season mostly. Also, Lennon is a proper wide player, better than Holtby and will take up the right flank and Chadli will be on the left.

Dembele won't be sold either. Easily one of Spuds' integral players.

Eriksen signing doesn't make sense unless he is content with being a backup or a rotation option which he quite frankly won't be.

Sigurdsson is actually a Rodgers-esque #10, but we missed out on him last season. Can play comfortably in the centre of the park, very decent at track backing and a goal scoring threat as well.

Last edited by ExtremistEnigma on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 32 114595801_football_345168c

Carroll, Cole, Downing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm

vegfootball wrote:
Art Morte wrote:If we didn't have Allen, we'd need another CM, though. A while ago we were stacked with them (Adam, Meireles, Shelvey...), now we're starting to look short.
Sigurðsson cost 8m, score goals &  assists, in the Bundesliga & Premier League, he out score & assists over Allen at Swansea, and guess what Sigurðsson at bit player at  Tottenham in all competition 7 goals & 6  assists

Allen cost 15m, at Swansea he was not there best midfielder , they better passer, better tack, better  creativity, better goal score, so what did Allen do at Swansea

like i said Sigurðsson has show he can get goals ave 8,Gerrard get goals, Henderson show he can get 4-5 goal each year good back up,    Shelvey as back up &  Sahin as Lucas back up,

Sigurdsson isn't a CM like Allen, they shouldn't be compared or be thought of as if one could replace the other.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm

McAgger wrote:Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 32 114595801_football_345168c

Carroll, Cole, Downing
Rodgers, Allen,Borini & who bought Assaidi
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
Sigurðsson cost 8m, score goals &  assists, in the Bundesliga & Premier League, he out score & assists over Allen at Swansea, and guess what Sigurðsson at bit player at  Tottenham in all competition 7 goals & 6  assists

Allen cost 15m, at Swansea he was not there best midfielder , they better passer, better tack, better  creativity, better goal score, so what did Allen do at Swansea

like i said Sigurðsson has show he can get goals ave 8,Gerrard get goals, Henderson show he can get 4-5 goal each year good back up,    Shelvey as back up &  Sahin as Lucas back up,

Sigurdsson isn't a CM like Allen, they shouldn't be compared or be thought of as if one could replace the other.
i ask again

Swansea's Leon Britton has better passing stats than Xavi & Tackles Won more than Allen, Mark Gower most creative player in europe, in central midfield Sigurdsson score the goals, so what did Allen do as a central midfield

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:30 pm

i find hard for this love fans have for Allen, not one can say he has any stand talents, to me we swap a one hit wonder in Adam for other over piece one who doe's not score a lot goal's,

with Adam at lest he score for us
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 pm

vegfootball wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:Sigurðsson cost 8m, score goals &  assists, in the Bundesliga & Premier League, he out score & assists over Allen at Swansea, and guess what Sigurðsson at bit player at  Tottenham in all competition 7 goals & 6  assists

i ask again

Swansea's Leon Britton has better passing stats than Xavi & Tackles Won more than Allen, Mark Gower most creative player in europe, in central midfield Sigurdsson score the goals, so what did Allen do as a central midfield

I'm not saying I've been impressed with Allen, I really haven't been, but you were comparing having him to having Sigurdsson in the team and that's just a flawed comparison because those two play different positions.

Judging by last season I'd rather have some other CM in the team than Allen, but Sigurdsson really isn't the answer to that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Sigurdsson isn't a CM like Allen, they shouldn't be compared or be thought of as if one could replace the other.
i ask again

I'm not saying I've been impressed with Allen, I really haven't been, but you were comparing having him to having Sigurdsson in the team and that's just a flawed comparison because those two play different positions.

Judging by last season I'd rather have some other CM in the team than Allen, but Sigurdsson really isn't the answer to that.
it not flawed,  Sigurdsson can play as a box-to-box midfielder or of the main striker the same role  Rodgers bought Allen to do & Rodgers said that him self,

Rodgers has also said he like to play with 2 box-to-box midfielder & 1 sit deep, i would be more happy  rotation with Lucas & Gerrard rotation  & are 2 box-to-box midfielder Sigurdsson & Henderson
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Just Read on RAWK that look at Willian Borges da Silva & they put up

"Every time I get the chance I watch Liverpool." "They are a very important club and a lot of players would jump at the chance to play for them. Despite all their problems they have a great chance to get back to the top of English football again. I remember watching their midfielder Lucas doing an interview for Sport TV in Brazil and he was showing a camera crew around. He spoke so highly about Anfield and we saw that the facilities behind the scenes are fantastic."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Chelsea-transfer-target-Willian-of-Shakhtar-Donetsk-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-Brazilian-plus-video-of-him-in-action-article720253.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

ok Brendan Rodgers get you whole Scout team down to Brazil to find best young Brazil's, so we can be called the liverpool Brazil scouse
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Tony Barrett‏@TonyBarretTimes32s
Liverpool are interested in Willian (who is keen to move to the Prem League). Whether they get him is another matter but they do want him.

The Willian rumor has legs to it
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 am

i am totally lost by Rodgers,

1st he over hype Joe Allen last year & played players out position so Allen can stay in the team

now in the summer it come across Rodgers has lost faith as look for someone to playing attacking midfielder role, we look at Henrikh Mkhitaryan, that did work out,

now Rodgers look to put Coutinho in attacking midfielder role & buy a left side midfielder but he sale are only right side midfielder in Stewart Downing what level a big on right,

to make even more confused in pre-season we should seen are team what close to play on open day,

so should been Ibe-- Coutinho--Sterling

but what gone for is Allen playing attacking midfielder role,

end of day is Rodgers love for Allen stop us buy any one

confused confused confused confused 
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 am

What?

No, seriously, what?

Did Rodgers' "love of Allen" stop him from signing another CM last summer in Sahin? Did it stop him from signing another midfielder/attacker this summer in Alberto? Has it stopped him from signing Aspas? From pursuing Mkhitaryan? Costa?

For the record, Allen HAS scored for Liverpool and has had a number of good and even great performances at the beginning of last season... they were simply overshadowed by the team's struggles as a whole. He's also young, versatile, and is fit to play 90 minutes... all things that cannot be said for Adam during his time at LFC. He offers diversity in our midfield options and has time on his side for proving his ability, much like Henderson.

And this silly "Rodgers is obsessed with Allen" stuff really is getting rather old. Henderson actually made more appearances in all competitions than Allen last season, and that was with Allen acting as Lucas's cover while Lucas was injured. They started the same number of games overall as well, so the "substitute" argument does not work.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 am

It's not Rodgers' "love of Allen" that's stopping him from pursuing a CAM, it's Coutinho's performances.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:08 am

vegfootball wrote:

2nd team

I like the 4/3/3 as an option, but I don't see it as our ideal formation with the talent we have at our disposal.

------------Paulinho---------Dembele----------
Lennon--------------Eriksen--------------Chadli
-------------------Soldado--------------------

----Paulinho--------Dembele-------Sandro----
Lennon-------------Soldado--------------Chadli

Everyone slots Sandro in there, but I don't see how he isn't the odd man out on the right. Paulinho likes to attack in deep from the right side of the pitch, Dembele offers all of the creativity center left from outside the box. Dembele will not be playing CAM for us, it'll be either Holtby or more likely Eriksen in that role. Everyone overlooks how good Dempsey was in that position for us last year, but he was doing what was needed of him.

If you honestly tell me you want the 4/3/3 over the 4/2/3/1 you just want to make sure we don't finish in the top 4 :coffee: 

Honestly, though I like him, I would sell or loan Sigi since he is good but has literally no gas tank. While he is a great talent, we can't lose a tactical sub every game we play him because he can only go 70 minutes. Not when we're knocking on the door for champions league places. He'd be a great starter for another team, but he's not going to start for Spurs and he's to good to be sub. I'd be ecstatic if he stayed, but I really hope one of you lot goes in for him and gives him the playing time he deserves.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next