The Nature Boy
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
McAgger
202 posters

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Pedram wrote:
Mike Martyns wrote:Hi there everybody!

My name is Mike and I work as a blogger writing about football (soccer) at SoccerGearHQ.

I'm from Portugal and a big SL Benfica supporter attending all home games and some away ones too. Smile)

Glad to be here, let's talk football.
--Mike

i think you're the first Portuguese member in Goallegacy, welcome to the forum. Smile

http://www.goallegacy.net/u377

Saintjoe too , not ? Besides Porto fan.Very Happy

Anyway welcome Mike, a Benfica fan ! :bow:

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 pm

All we need is someone from mid/west Africa to have a relative good cover over the globe.
Surprised no Nigerian or Kenyan has found himself on here yet.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Welcome Mike.

As a new Sporting fan, I hope we can have some insightful discussion on why Sporting will win Liga Sagres this season and Benfica won't Thumbs up

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 pm

And someone from Russia since they take up such a huge portion of the globe, but Sepi probably counts. (:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Martyns Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Hapless_Hans, Pirloisjesus, RealGunner, Pedram, Robespierre and everybody thanks so much for the welcome.

Smile

Hapless_Hans: I'll try to help.

Pirloisjesus: Thanks for the tip. I've been a Benfica associate / paying member (I don't if there's such a thing in England, correct me otherwise) since I was born. Already own my 25 years award: Silver Eagle. I'll try to help the Benfica section become better then.

RealGunner: I'm sorry mate, but you could have picked a better team. Smile Sporting has won like 3 Championship titles in the last 50 years or so. You are an Arsenal fan, Benfica also uses red shirts, why not Benfica or Braga (or even FC Porto). Sporting? Naahhh. Smile But it's ok too.

I agree though; Sporting will take home the title this season. Porto has the best squad but a poor poor coach, Benfica is transitioning from Jorge Jesus to Rui Vitória and betting on our youth players, meaning we won't win anything this season. It's too soon.

I'm getting off topic, sorry.

P.S.: Could you point me to the Benfica section? I can't find "Futbol".

Mike Martyns
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

http://www.soccergearhq.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:07 pm

@Mike Martyns

I'm afraid, Pirloisjesus pulled your leg a little - due to the minute number of Benfica fans, there is no separate dsector for the club. You could decide to go to the "Rest of the World" section ( http://www.goallegacy.net/f5p50-rest-of-the-world ) and set up a thread for Benfica.

I did so for the clubs I support/like (RWO, Gladbach, Basel and some others), too, so that there is at least a thread with information and updates even if there are not enough fans to maintain a full forum section. It is always best if someone maintains such a thread who knows a little about the clubs in question. Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:17 pm

I was just joking Mike. Not really a Sporting fan but it would be great to see a non porto/benfica club to win Liga Sagres this season Very Happy

As rwo said, we didn't really have many if any benfica fans so we don't have a section for benfica. but hopefully we'll have more now with you joining us.

You can always make a thread for Liga sagres in http://www.goallegacy.net/f2-general-football-discussion and talk about portugese football in general. i am sure others will participate as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Welcome Mike.

Don't listen to rwo and RealGunner. They are just pulling your leg. As Pirloisjesus correctly pointed out, there is of course a Benfica section and I'm taking care of it. Since we are a very elite group of fans however, access will only be granted once you reach 100 posts. So stick around, contribute and soon enough you will be able to enter the promised land.

Kind regards,

futbol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello, Mike

I humbly welcome you to our abode, as owner and admin of the forum, you need not hesitate to contact me with any query. Additionally, i advise you to please review the forum rules and general guidelines before posting to avoid any mishaps.

Yours sincerely,
ES
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Martyns Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:47 pm

rwo power and RealGunner: Great! I'll create one about Benfica or about the Portuguese league.

RealGunner: Ahah! Nice one. Smile) Well, it would be cool to see other team winning the title, but... not Sporting. (Maybe SC Braga or Rio Ave.)

I mean, I'm not against Sporting or anything, but I don't like how Jorge Jesus now refers to his former club (Benfica) and their President... man!! Just can't describe the person. :S

You see, in Portugal, believe it or not, there are only two major clubs: Benfica... and (wait for it) Anti-Benfica!

It's true! Before supporting another team, Sporting and FC Porto fans are happier when Benfica loses than when they win. When Sporting wins a match or finishes above Benfica, it's their title, their day, their victory, nothing else matters.

futbol: thanks mate, I'll try to be a part of such distinct elite group then. Smile
(Ok, off topic ends here.)

ES, I'm honored to be welcomed by you! Thanks a lot. Smile) I'll read the rules promptly!

Mike Martyns
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Salladhor Saan Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:59 am

Hi everyone

I'm a Manchester United fan, been one for almost 3 decades now. I've enjoyed the fun years under Sir Alex, and I've been suffering the withdrawal symptoms since he left. The past few years have not been great for MU, and supporters of other EPL teams must be elated to see him gone.

I joined here because Goal Legacy because of it's reputation as a forum with good, objective and diverse football discussion and a welcoming community.

See y'all around.
El Gunner wrote:All we need is someone from mid/west Africa to have a relative good cover over the globe.
Surprised no Nigerian or Kenyan has found himself on here yet.
I'm from Sudan, that's mid/east Africa, although not living there ATM. Hope that counts  Smile
Salladhor Saan
Salladhor Saan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:01 am

Welcome to the forum and have a lot of fun here!

Nice to hear that you read good things about GL and I hope we won't disappoint you! Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Salladhor Saan Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:07 am

Thanks a lot for the welcome rwo power. I feel at home already.
Salladhor Saan
Salladhor Saan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am

Welcome to the forum. Always good to have another United fan around. Thumbs up
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 am

Welcome my friend. I'm the moderator of the United section. We look forward to your contribution.

Regards,
jibers.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Welcome mate

See you are a GoT fan. You will fit in well here Thumbs up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Martyns Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Welcome Salladhor Saan!

P.S.: Would you like Mourinho to replace Van Gaal as MU manager? Ferguson says José is his favorite recommendation.

Mike Martyns
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:54 pm

jibers wrote: I'm the moderator of the United section.

Are you?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 pm

He is a playmaking moderator
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Welcome Saan. Thumbs up It sure counts. I'm interested where is it that you heard all those good stuff about Goal-Legacy?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:He is a playmaking moderator
No doubt he's the best playmaker but is he moderator of the season tho (:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Salladhor Saan Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:59 am

Thanks @Firenze, @jibers, @ RealGunner, @El Gunner and @Mike Martyns

Sorry to respond so late.

Mike Martyns, I would love Mourinho to take over. Anyone, as as long as we see the back of LvG.

El Gunnar, I am on a United forum, and Goal Legacy was mentioned there as a good forum with a diverse fan base, so here I am. Smile
Salladhor Saan
Salladhor Saan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Salladhor Saan wrote: I am on a United forum, and Goal Legacy was mentioned there as a good forum with a diverse fan base, so here I am. Smile

Spies of goal legacy Molenation

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi guys,

been reading the forum for a long time, big fan. Made this account years back but forgot the info and never did it again.

anyway, been a football fan for as long as I can remember, supporting Juve and my two national teams, Italy and Venezuela. I tend to follow the big stuff from most leagues, but mainly everything about Serie A.

Cheers!
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Welcome mate Thumbs up and don't forget your info again
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Joined in 2012.
First post in 2016.

Just in RG time, IMO.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next