Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gareth Bale discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Gareth Bale discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Lol no - it's what my rudimentary Spanish let's me know
http://www.marca.com/2015/04/08/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1428450541.html

Have you guys ever considered that Carlo is NOT in fact looking for an excuse to not play Bale, but instead actually wants to play him?
Did I just blow your mind?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Phew. You never want great players injured, even when they are playing for your rivals. Happy for Bale. Very Happy

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:54 pm

:facepalm:

Hopefully he gets injured during the warm up. Nothing seriously obviously, serious enough to keep him out till after the 2nd leg against Atletico.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Carlo just pretending nothing is wrong with him and just puts him on the bench to try and divert attention from a possible injury

A man can dream Sad
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Hope he never plays again (for us atleast, would love to play against him).
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:48 am

so... this guy will be staying at madrid?

:facepalm:

cant see why a 100mil or plus offer will not be accepted. it not like this guy is cristiano and is key to the team.

waste of space. based on this seasons performance.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:07 am

Laughing

he probably will get pumped as main man & cf as well.

get 35 goals and that is what perez wanted.

ronaldo piss off and leave.

get 2 or 3 more 100+m attacking mid & forced them into squad to feed the central free roam bale.

bale as ronaldo replacement vision achieved.

probably around season 18-19 by then.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:13 am

I dont see why Bale is a waste of space or a useless player or whatever. Yes he isn't worth 100 m(who is really apart from cr and messi) but Levy wasn't letting up at a price lesser than that so Perez had no choice.
Lot of ppl forget how excellent he was last season , not to mention decisive in important games ,even this season he hasn't been half bad although he hasn't looked his best in the last few months. But consigning a player to the rubbish heap based on a few patchy performances is myopic thinking , pretty sure hell be back to his brilliant best again next season.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Maybe I didn't see enough of him at Spurs but will moving him "back" to the left really help?

I don't see it drastically changing his style of play, sure a new dynamic, but more or less of the same. Am I wrong?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:45 pm

its just the way things are, when one loses or the rival wins, we look for things to address and rightly so. he's been a clutz on the right, so the next bet for the manager is to try him on the opposite side where he made his name and see if that works. as i've said before, one can forget about selling him, because its not that simple, neither for florentino nor for the team that would want to take him up. its a huge investment florentino took on, and he'll do anything to see it work. if his position changes, then so does the personel up front, that's a given....let's watch and see how things fare. i just hope barcelona's treble has embarrassed us enough to know we can't fool around and take things for granted next season
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:44 am

When playing on the left, all he did was cross... he became EPL player of the year playing right down the middle as a SS, which i hope never happens at Madrid. Basically, he just kept shooting it long distance and they went in a lot that particular season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:48 am

I think that we can all agree that his long shots are great, and at the same time we can all agree that Bale is a very good player in the right system. He's not a scrub . he still needs to leave though
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:11 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Maybe I didn't see enough of him at Spurs but will moving him "back" to the left really help?

I don't see it drastically changing his style of play, sure a new dynamic, but more or less of the same. Am I wrong?

I didn't see a lot of him at spurs, myself, but I've heard/seen several people suggest that moving him to the left side will somehow fix all of his issues. I don't know whether or not that would actually make any difference in his consistency and level of performance, but it wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly became more confident in his decision-making, when playing on that side.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:When playing on the left, all he did was cross...  he became EPL player of the year playing right down the middle as a SS, which i hope never happens at Madrid.  Basically, he just kept shooting it long distance and they went in a lot that particular season.

This.

Perez just bought him based on hype and as usual didn't think how the player would fit in tactically.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:35 pm

so playing on the left gonna improve his technique and decision making? seems like more straw man logic, left or right defenders already know how to mark him and he doesn't have the quality to beat even 1 defender half the time smh
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm

It's not necessarily going to improve his decision making but it can do other things. Bale running down the left isnmore dangerous than he is running down the right, he can send a ball in, and as far asbi know putting the ball in front of the keeper is still a pretty solid way to create panic and danger. And thr left side of the pitch is actually his preferred side, where he spent most of his career playing.

Goal isnt to transform him into a smarter player, goal is to help him be more effective, and to actually help him improve his moral. He is never going to be the best but he can as well contribute to us scoring and winning.

By extension improved form can yield more effectiveness for us. When we sent di Maria left he didn't become any smarter just more comfortable, and it looked like he was almost a different player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:40 pm

chad4401 wrote:so playing on the left gonna improve his technique and decision making? seems like more straw man logic, left or right defenders already know how to mark him and he doesn't have the quality to beat even 1 defender half the time smh

The logic is that since he's less likely to cut inside and shoot when playing on the left, it makes his job more simple. One of his main issues in this past season, has been his tendency to lose the ball while trying to decide whether to pass, shoot or dribble his way further up the pitch. No one knows if putting him on the left will improve his performance, but it will definitely cut down the amount of options he has, thus limiting the amount of mistakes he can make. He may be less inclined to try and be a hero, when he isn't expected to play like prime CR7.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

@nick and thimmy fair enough but as I see it, la liga isn't his fit regardless right or left, we are just doing what we did with cr all over again but with a lesser player, give him all the best opportunities to score some goals to cover over the real issues at hand, which is lack of trophies look at all the goals cr scored 90% of them are useless, what flo and rafa needs to do is try get the best out of all the players

the team needs to be a complete team, tired of bale or cr has to be the savior cause they cost the most, that mentality is why the team is not winning as much as cause 1 guy has to be the reason for all the success

lastly bale and cr on the pitch at the same time is meh in any scenario, both contribute mostly nothing other than goals, as i said the team can only afford 1 player doing that, as seen with juve against somewhat proper opposition they can easy be stopped and turned in a liability
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Injured again, he's made of glass. When he came I thought that physically he is in Ronaldo's class but actually I realized that he's far from the Portuguese. Ronaldo is a physical specimen, far ahead of anyone else in football. Bale spent more time injured this season than Ronaldo in 7 years. And this happened exactly when he started to perform. Last season he was borderline shit and never injured.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Injured again, he's made of glass. When he came I thought that physically he is in Ronaldo's class but actually I realized that he's far from the Portuguese. Ronaldo is a physical specimen, far ahead of anyone else in football. Bale spent more time injured this season than Ronaldo in 7 years. And this happened exactly when he started to perform. Last season he was borderline shit and never injured.

Maybe that hernia if I indeed its real, it's causing all these injuries

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:20 pm

Stupid fool went to play golf and got a back injury.
Its very irresponsible of him to do that at this crucial moment knowing he has been absent for much of the season. Now he'd miss a very important match against the third most difficult opponent in La Liga.
We'd better win cos if we play out a draw or lose with James flopping, that's on him.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:21 pm

This injury record is worrying.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 am

Lie down and relax, enjoy a BJ from a fine lady, read a book, play FIFA, play FIFA while getting a BJ, play Guild Wars 2, sleep, watch a movie. Nope. Go play another sport where you can exert stress on your body. A body that is quite susceptible to injury.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:38 am

He's like Aguero... great when healthy. But he's injured so often that he ruins the team over a season.

Why the F would you play 36 holes on your day off when you have a history of back and hamstring problems. What an idiot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri May 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Deserves a spot at the top of the forum even if its just for a few minutes. One more game to go bro. I predict Bale giving us the CL again with his goal. But for the sake of unity, i hope Ronaldo scores one at least.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next