Firenze
McAgger
sportsczy
59 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Bale and CR7 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bale and CR7 Thread

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Illaramendi has fatigue problems... whatever that means. But they shut him down mostly until he got his energy back.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Illarmendi hasn't been able to perform at all so I might even go as far and say Casemiro over Kheidra

Whats wrong with him?

On this subject, are they really going to move Cristiano to striker? He really really doesnt like that. He hated it with Portgual, you can see him on the pitch distraught that he isnt getting enough touches of the ball.

Bale as in individual is a good signing for Madrid (not at that cost but whatever, its nothing to them) but how he fits the jigsaw is another question. I think the guys in midfield and at the back will really have to perform because those forward players, Bale included, really arent the most defensive concious. The last 6 months of Bale, I see a player who thinks he made it and doesnt have to track back...which used to be a great asset of his.

Maybe it was AVB telling him not to, I understand coaches like to do this sometimes...but at Madrid, I think he will have to find that desire back because for all Di Maria's faults, he would never cheat you for effort.

How he fits into the jigsaw? if you look at our preseason games so far (i dont expect you to, but i will tell you Laughing), gone is the 4231 of mourinho, and it's Ancelotti's classic 4321 with some modification. One holding midfielder surrounded by Modric and Isco who do a lot of defending/running, two fullbacks to provide width, and two players behind the CF.

the interesting part is that he is giving CR the freedom to play as CF and to move around as he wants. So far CR has said that he likes it. Benzema playing around him, and changing position with CR, and Ozil more or less sticking to the right side, so that in defense it's easier to have a two lines of 4 defending.

Where Bale fits into that scheme is Benzema's position, playing left and center according to CR displacements. that's where i expect Bale to go, and those are the indication that Carlo has given so far, just as he expressed how he wanted CR's position to change. He has known about Bale since december so that's how i think he planned it.

Thing is that if Bale arrives and CR isnt scoring in that new role, you have another problem on your hands. Maybe It's Bale that will thrive playing centrally? That's what i am seeing for now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Is Real Madrid going to sell Di Maria?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Nah looks like the club wants to keep him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Di Maria and Benz happy with bench roles hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Can see Di Maria wanting to leave next year if he is a bench player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Firenze wrote:Di Maria and Benz happy with bench roles hmm
Not really. This one is going to blow between now and the winter Mercato for at least one of them. Probably both.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Florentino really is a joke isn't he?

What a waste of funds and giving Carlo more problems than solutions :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

How he fits into the jigsaw? if you look at our preseason games so far (i dont expect you to, but i will tell you Laughing), gone is the 4231 of mourinho, and it's Ancelotti's classic 4321 with some modification. One holding midfielder surrounded by Modric and Isco who do a lot of defending/running, two fullbacks to provide width, and two players behind the CF.

the interesting part is that he is giving CR the freedom to play as CF and to move around as he wants. So far CR has said that he likes it. Benzema playing around him, and changing position with CR, and Ozil more or less sticking to the right side, so that in defense it's easier to have a two lines of 4 defending.

Where Bale fits into that scheme is Benzema's position, playing left and center according to CR displacements. that's where i expect Bale to go, and those are the indication that Carlo has given so far, just as he expressed how he wanted CR's position to change. He has known about Bale since december so that's how i think he planned it.

Thing is that if Bale arrives and CR isnt scoring in that new role, you have another problem on your hands. Maybe It's Bale that will thrive playing centrally? That's what i am seeing for now.

I echo this (just dont agree with formation, think its a 4-4-2 strictly 4-2-2-2 with two AMs behind the two forwards with Ronaldo having a free role)

when bale comes he will take over the CF position next to Ronaldo and I think he will thrive there just don't agree with the enormous fee
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:This will be the last thread of its kind.

FFS just when I wanted to make El Shaarawy/Balotelli thread :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Donuts wrote:Is Real Madrid going to sell Di Maria?
nah

I think he will be very important for us next season. Carlo seems to like him alot. Along with Isco, Ronaldo and Carvajal DiMaria has played the most minutes this preseason.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Di maria grew a brain this summer.. his decision making has been spot on, and as a result has been one of our better performers

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:39 pm

It's improved but I think he's still a bit too direct. Can't see him being an important starter.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Illarmendi hasn't been able to perform at all so I might even go as far and say Casemiro over Kheidra

Whats wrong with him?

On this subject, are they really going to move Cristiano to striker? He really really doesnt like that. He hated it with Portgual, you can see him on the pitch distraught that he isnt getting enough touches of the ball.

Bale as in individual is a good signing for Madrid (not at that cost but whatever, its nothing to them) but how he fits the jigsaw is another question. I think the guys in midfield and at the back will really have to perform because those forward players, Bale included, really arent the most defensive concious. The last 6 months of Bale, I see a player who thinks he made it and doesnt have to track back...which used to be a great asset of his.

Maybe it was AVB telling him not to, I understand coaches like to do this sometimes...but at Madrid, I think he will have to find that desire back because for all Di Maria's faults, he would never cheat you for effort.

Interesting but you always question the temperamental attitude of Cristiano.

You lose an important game, he doesnt get enough touches, he doesnt get enough goals...then I expect him to start some shit.

And what about Benzema, he isnt going to enjoy this is he?

Modric and Isco doing alot of graft? Thats a crucial element surely, without their hard work is surely falls apart. I wonder how they would handle the more physical midfields, but that remains to be seen.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Whats wrong with him?

Interesting but you always question the temperamental attitude of Cristiano.

You lose an important game, he doesnt get enough touches, he doesnt get enough goals...then I expect him to start some shit.

And what about Benzema, he isnt going to enjoy this is he?

Modric and Isco doing alot of graft? Thats a crucial element surely, without their hard work is surely falls apart. I wonder how they would handle the more physical midfields, but that remains to be seen.

Well, as you said, there are many variables. New system, new requirements, but those guys have to realize that they all have to work hard to be productive, and we wont sign dummy players that just defend when they attack... that doesnt even work anyway.

I would say that so far the response has been good. The CMs are not complaining, CR isnt complaining, and Ozil is trying to run more than he used to. It's really all you can expect from the players when there is change. It's probably motivated by the idea that they can reach a point when they control most of the possession, which for attacking players is always a nice ideal to reach.

Bale sounds trouble for Benzema mainly, because with CR in a new 9 role, he is the one that will be sent to the bench. he will still be in the 16 but nothing like the unchallenged CF spot he thought he would get after Higuain left. But then again, he never earned it, and i would have wanted us to sign a new player over him anyway.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 pm

REWB wrote:28? damnn, ronaldo's getting old lol Shocked 

It's like yesterday when he was crying at Euro 2004, the guy has come a long way...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

It's like yesterday when he was crying at Euro 2004, the guy has come a long way...

He's actually still quite the cry baby.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 pm

3lite wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 am

Professional or not.
He knows he's the FK taker and PK taker.

Only way someone gets a shot at those if he's not playing.

One thing that bothered me was the "I don't spit on the plate where I eat" or something along those lines. Because if that were the case, he wouldn't have publicly come out and say he was sad/unhappy and never explain why.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:Professional or not.
He knows he's the FK taker and PK taker.

Only way someone gets a shot at those if he's not playing.

One thing that bothered me was the "I don't spit on the plate where I eat" or something along those lines. Because if that were the case, he wouldn't have publicly come out and say he was sad/unhappy and never explain why.

Those aren't really the same thing, especially since CR's performances on the pitch weren't really affected by his sadness.

As for CR/GB I personally can't wait to see it happen. Benzema will have to bite the bullet but that's how things go.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:37 am

Donuts wrote:Is Real Madrid going to sell Di Maria?
Schalke are looking for a winger. Maybe they could loan him ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:09 am

Zealous wrote:
Those aren't really the same thing, especially since CR's performances on the pitch weren't really affected by his sadness.

His poor form in the first half of the season had nothing to do with his sadness? I don't buy it.

OT: CR cannot lead the line, Ancelotti should not fix what isnt broken

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:17 am

Albiceleste wrote:
Zealous wrote:

His poor form in the first half of the season had nothing to do with his sadness? I don't buy it.

OT: CR cannot lead the line, Ancelotti should not fix what isnt broken

CR didn't suffer from poor form last season. Most of the team did but not him specifically. He got much better after December but he was never bad at any stage of the season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:36 am

3lite wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Way to nitpick

I feel no shame about my slight bias when I see people like you and donuts
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:39 am

RealGunner wrote:Either we discuss it in the Arsenal section, or we can do it in the PL thread in here. Or there are many other threads such as appreciation threads etc.

I don't see the point of having a thread for every partnership. Ibra n Cavani, I'll let it go since we don't have a section for PSG anymore so it's fine.

Bale n CR7 because we have Messi and Neymar. It evens out.

except only one of them is official Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:41 am

hog + hog = swine
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex