Valkyrja
jibers
McAgger
RedOranje
rwo power
BarcaLearning
17 posters

Go down

Curious case of strikers failing in certain leagues and succeed in others Empty Curious case of strikers failing in certain leagues and succeed in others

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:51 am

There are lots of examples. Huntelaar whos been successful at Dutch and German league didnt in Serie A and Spainish. Forlan was so good in Spain and not so in England. There are lots of examples, not just strikers, but lets just stick with strikers. Why is that?

For Huntelaar, in the past I would have just thought becos Serie A and La Liga is higher standard than Germand and Dutch league, obviously that is no long true for the German league.

The individual clubs game style and tactics obviously has to do with it, and luck. Is there other seasons? Do u think off field reasons play a major part?

Going to be intersting to see more strikers who have moved this summer to see if they can do it in another league, especially the proven ones, like Llorente and Higuain to Italy, Negredo and Jovetic to England etc.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Curious case of strikers failing in certain leagues and succeed in others Empty Re: Curious case of strikers failing in certain leagues and succeed in others

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 pm

I think it very much depends on how the coach employs the striker. For many strikers it seems to be important to feel that the coach trusts them fully and lets them play as first choice.

Then there is the question of the service a striker gets. If you have a poacher, you would need to get the ball to him and not expect him to run around to get the ball from an opponent player himself. If the coach's gameplan doesn't support that, a striker would very much hang isolated in the air.

And with the Hunter, I think a lot depended on the fact that both in the Dutch league (of course) and now in Schalke his family is close by. In Schalke he only lives about 100km away from his hometown in the Netherlands, and he actually travels from there to Gelsenkirchen for every training.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Curious case of strikers failing in certain leagues and succeed in others Empty Re: Curious case of strikers failing in certain leagues and succeed in others

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Huntelaar had nearly a 1-in-2 goal record in La Liga and his job is to score goals... why is he considered a flop again?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 am

Because he played for Madrid, Red. The fans have f*cking crazy expectations. He barely got a chance and still had a very good goalscoring ratio, however realistically he was never good enough for Madrid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:18 am

McAgger wrote:Because he played for Madrid, Red. The fans have f*cking crazy expectations. He barely got a chance and still had a very good goalscoring ratio, however realistically he was never good enough for Madrid.
Similar to Benzema
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 am

jibers wrote:
McAgger wrote:Because he played for Madrid, Red. The fans have f*cking crazy expectations. He barely got a chance and still had a very good goalscoring ratio, however realistically he was never good enough for Madrid.
Similar to Benzema
Benzema has potential to be the best striker in the world, but he's uninterested and lazy.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:23 am

Benzema that raped United at Lyon could've been the best ST in the world. This Benzema is a back up DM at best. Seriously I always liked the guy but I don't know why he's sooo shit, fat, and lazy these days. Doesn't even know what making a run means anymore.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 am

Raped United? He scored 1 goal Laughing Rio and Vidic had him in their back pocket over 2 games!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 am

ya i wouldnt really talk about huntelaar in madrid, he had less than 4 months of mostly sub appearances and got a goal every other game before he was sold.

but for other strikers this thread would be more applicable.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm

jibers wrote:Raped United? He scored 1 goal :lol:Rio and Vidic had him in their back pocket over 2 games!
I Don't remember if he raped Man U or not but his goal was WC and i do rememeber that was the day i started believing that he could be the best ST in the world one day . So much class .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:50 pm

McAgger wrote:Benzema that raped United at Lyon could've been the best ST in the world. This Benzema is a back up DM at best. Seriously I always liked the guy but I don't know why he's sooo shit, fat, and lazy these days. Doesn't even know what making a run means anymore.
For a player that was not making any runs yesterday he sure was offside a lot... Don't see how you guys can fault him for anything except mediocre finishing vs Bet is.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:18 pm

RedOranje wrote:Huntelaar had nearly a 1-in-2 goal record in La Liga and his job is to score goals... why is he considered a flop again?
 because it's Madrid and the standard here is subjective, not objective Laughing

EDIT: BC actually said something nice about Benzema and i missed it Laughing

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:26 pm

I think BC was agreeing with you Sportsczy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:31 pm

CBarca wrote:I think BC was agreeing with you Sportsczy.
Yeah i reread. He usually hates, so i was preconditioned Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Benzema has to be the worst striker to play for madrid ever, who care if he scored against elite teams regularly and assist almost at the same rate usually playing half the minutes Rolling Eyes 
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Benzema disrespectig Adebayor's legacy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Madrid sold the wrong ST Razz

Coutinho was a little insecure boy at Inter, but suddenly became a superstar in the PL. (from what I have heard)
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:
CBarca wrote:I think BC was agreeing with you Sportsczy.
Yeah i reread.  He usually hates, so i was preconditioned Laughing
Pls sports I only speak the truth
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Eivindo wrote:Madrid sold the wrong ST Razz

Coutinho was a little insecure boy at Inter, but suddenly became a superstar in the PL. (from what I have heard)
I wouldn't say superstar.... but he has shown some extremely promising signs and been decent to fantastic in most games.

He will probably end up being a superstar at some point mind....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:41 pm

how can u say that about Benzema? The dude is a crack player....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

chad4401 wrote:Benzema has to be the worst striker to play for madrid ever, who care if he scored against elite teams regularly and assist almost at the same rate usually playing half the minutes Rolling Eyes 
Now you're just becoming boring.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Put a big mac behind goal and Benzema will score 70+ goals a season. All he cares about is food.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Pedram wrote:
chad4401 wrote:Benzema has to be the worst striker to play for madrid ever, who care if he scored against elite teams regularly and assist almost at the same rate usually playing half the minutes Rolling Eyes 
Now you're just becoming boring.
for some reason your entertaining
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Thx for the inputs especially rwopower, I agree it depends on pretty much the actualy manager, gameplan, tactics, the chemistry with the team, and I guess the comfort off the field personal side also is important.

For Huntaleer at Real, it was just another stiker wasted there becos of the overload of stars and probably not as suitable to Real at that point.

Wasnt hoping to turn it into a discussion on Benzema. But looking back at it, he was considered a flop in his first year and a half if I remember correctly, and Mourinho started changing him, he started working hard and things turned around. It a good prove perhaps the league and other things are less of a factor and the most important being the relationship with the manager, with the team's game and the player himself.

I think a good example is Dezko under Pelle compared to fking Mancini already u can see the huge difference Smile

As for the leagues perhaps its less of a factor compared with the actual teams style of play.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down