Sri
djoe26
boyzis
urbaNRoots
Jay29
78 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Ozil and Cesc are very different styles.

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal

Post by REWB Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Ozil is like 10 levels better technically, twice as fast, has a much sharper turn, more intelligent, doesn't look like a lost lamb when played out of his best position, and assists more. Only thing maybe cesc has on him is goalscoring but I haven't checked the stats on it, and perhaps long passing. Ozil is the one wenger wanted to sign back in 10 to replace fabregas.

I'm going to be interested to see how wenger is going to improve ozil, or maybe more accurately, get the best from his game, like he did with cesc.
no he isnt

id say cesc has a better final pass than ozil, cesc is more accurate.

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Ozil and Cesc are very different styles.
I wish i said nothing now Laughing

Was only meant in a bit of fun guys Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh! Laughing 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:04 pm

I remember back then in FIFA 12...

Arsenal was always bidding for Ozil in the first season of career mode.

Whenever they get him i load the game because it doesn't seem possible and way too unrealistic for the sake of my game.

Shoot me in the head please.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 pm

This is what I imagine RG has been doing for the past few days
OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Yescartwheel
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Zp_179654231_SM_9025_F_9CD0347_3031OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Zp_179654231_SM_8927_6_9CD02F1_963OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Zp_179654231_SM_9008a_9CD02C3_7838

You can see the rest of the pictures here: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ozil-at-arsenal-the-first-pictures

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:45 pm

The air sure seems clean and fresh these days. Thumbs up 
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:55 pm

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 BTVWzCNCMAAryUe

Razz

couple of more Great videos
Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 pm

The fact we have to wait for what seems like an eternity to see him play for Arsenal now just feels cruel. No 

It's still hard for me to wrap my head around it.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:10 pm

look at it positively
it gives us sufficient time to watch(re-watch in some cases)all his comps on YT Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 pm

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Panda
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Maybe ozil will come back to madrid

I haven't given up :coffee: therefore i will be watching arsenal games :coffee: after ronaldo and benz he is def my favorite player
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Man Ozil is extremely one footed, i hardly seen him using right foot ever which is cool though cause it normally ends up with damn slick passes.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:31 pm

I have watched nearly all his videos on youtube

and I ain't even tired
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Spurs discover ozil isa Gunner
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 am

Özil's first interview with Arsenal:

Mesut, welcome to Arsenal. How does it feel to be joining the Club?

It feels really good. I’m really looking forward to the challenge, life there [in London] and [meeting] my team-mates, the manager and the fans, as well as the Premier League. I’m really excited. It’s a perfect decision for me and and I’m looking forward to it all.

What made you choose Arsenal in particular? How important was Arsène Wenger in your decision?

I chose Arsenal because they are one of the top clubs in England. The coach is a world-class manager - he’s demonstrated that for years. A lot of players have developed under his guidance in the past and that’s why I decided to join Arsenal. I want to improve myself further and I’m looking forward to the style of play. Arsenal are well known for the strength of their technical game and their desire to play attacking football. I think I will fit perfectly into that. That’s why I chose to sign for the Club.

How important in your decision was the ambition of the Club and the plans they are making?

That was very important. The most important thing is that the manager has given me his trust. I want to show my potential and have fun on the pitch. I think that I can help the team through my performances.

Did you talk to Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski about the Club before you made your decision?

Unfortunately not. It all happened so fast. I spoke to the manager a lot on the phone and he presented his vision and what he thinks about me. That convinced me and that’s why I am now at Arsenal.

And what about the style of play at Arsenal. How much did that attract you?

Like I said, Arsenal are one of the technically strongest teams in the world. The manager always wants to play attractive and attacking football. I think I fit into that because I enjoy playing quickly - that ’one-touch football’. I’m happy to be part of the Club and I hope I can help the team.

Do you feel this squad can deliver trophies this season?

Definitely. In the last few years, Arsenal haven’t been so successful but we want to become more successful. We want to win trophies. I think the fans are looking forward to that too. We have a very strong and a very young team that can improve a lot under the manager. I think we will win trophies because we have the potential [to do so].

You've created more chances from open play than anyone else in Europe in the last five years. From a personal point of view, do you value assists as much as goals?

Yes, of course. It [assists] leads to success and I’m the sort of player that likes to create goals. I think a lot of my team-mates know me as a player who is not selfish. It makes me very happy when I create goals or score goals myself. But the most important thing is that the team reaches its goal and plays positive football.

The Premier League has a different style to La Liga. How do you think you will adapt and how will it add new qualities to your game?

I’m happy to be playing in the Premier League because everyone knows it’s the strongest league in the world. There are simply a lot of top teams. I want to prove myself there. It’s a new challenge for me, a new task. I’m looking forward to that. I want to improve further under the boss and in the team. I’m really excited about it.

Going back to your roots as boy playing football, it always said that Affenkafig [cage football] had big influence on your technique. Can you tell us why?

Because the pitch was so small. Most of the time, I played against people that were five or six years older than me. At the time I was not that tall. I had to establish myself against older and stronger people. Because the pitch was so small, we didn't have any corners. The game always went on. This helped me to improve my technique a lot. That definitely made my life easier for the future. I think you can see on the pitch that I'm technically gifted.

When you were a kid playing football for fun, which famous player did you pretend to be and why?

I've said recently that my idol was Zinedine Zidane because for me, he was the perfect player. He was good in the air. He was strong defensively and offensively. He was my idol. He had hardly any negative headlines including in his private life. He was a role model for me. Therefore, it was Zinedine Zidane.

You first came to the attention of the English public in 2009 at the UEFA Under-21 Championship, when you inspired Germany to a 4-0 win over England. Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs were playing in that game too. What do you remember of it?

In any case, it was definitely a great time. We won the Under-21 European Championship. The team was just class. We had very good players in our ranks under the management of our coaches Horst Hrubesch and Dieter Eilts. It was a very nice moment. I think we dominated the game. We really fulfilled our potential and deserved to win by such a scoreline. It was a great experience for me personally.

As a person, how much do you think you will enjoy moving to a city like London?

I think a lot. I have heard a lot of positive things about London. It’s a 'world city' where there is lots going on. You can do lots of things, also privately. I’m looking forward to the city. But I will be working there and that is what is important.

Do you have a message for the Arsenal fans?

I’m so happy to be playing at Arsenal. I’m honoured by it. I hope we can have a successful season.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/mesut-ozil-his-first-arsenal-interview

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:40 am

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Keffiyeh_throwing_cash

wenger Proud
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:11 pm

More than 1 million Ozil shirts sold/booked in the last 48 hours.
(Including casual T-shirts).

Chaka

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:33 pm

I know this is so obvious, but I can't wait to see Ozil play for us.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Anyone knows if we have a buy out clause on Ozil?hmm 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Anyone knows if we have a buy out clause on Ozil?hmm 
$100 billion
OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Dr-evil-pinky-o
Spoiler:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:09 pm

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 1236730_423884851051017_1394227106_n

Reus ? Razz
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 pm

@Wilson - If we buy Reus, I will buy you an official jersey of any player of your choice.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:22 am

aleumdance wrote:arsenal fans reactions

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Dba925c797d38066cd970b5528d802f0

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 E84b667bd96695c055ce8df4bd44a1ab

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 1c91f1e1cf1a52504a015866b8b23cf2

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Cebd1341219def4205c2424132a1c6a1

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 07a7690a03888153fa2972e8e6ce5b79

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 0b1e6b665cb47ebe100049a5bf79bba3

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 5 Ffcf88ceac4508fd0bd60aa4813963e3
Not supposed to be a racist commentary, but I was surprised to see so many black arsenal fans celebrating Mesut Ozil signing. Is north London a neighbourhood with many immigrants now?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:45 am

thats a bit racist man...at least u shud have said Is north London a neighbourhood with many blacks now? whoever said every black person is an immigrant?
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next