Hapless_Hans
Soul
fatman123
Kick
Shed
17 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - II - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - II

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:12 pm

If he performs poorly at the Euros I can't really see him even being in the running.

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - II - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - II

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:16 pm

I disagree.

Simeone and Allegri have both stated they are happy at their current clubs, so there is potential for them to both flat out reject us, if that happens, we'll turn to managers who are unemployed or have NT jobs, Sampaoli, Conte and Pellegrini (assuming we won't go for Poch). So I think regardless of how he does at the Euros, Conte will be in the running, because I think the Chelsea board will know how Chelsea fans feel about us getting Pellegrini, so they'll probably try for Conte or Sampaoli first.

That said, I imagine we'll try to sign Simeone or Allegri in April or early May.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Well that's definitely true too. I'm just (wrongly) automatically assuming Allegri would want to join us should we come calling. Which of course may well not be the case. Availability is as much an issue in appointing someone as qualification for the job is.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Honestly, I don't know if either Allegri or Simeone would want to join us. I just hope both do.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Give Simeone whatever he wants. It's basically our only chance at avoiding years in the wilderness with Guardiola at City.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:12 pm

That would certainly be my hope, too.

I think, with our funds, players and his style suiting the league, we could certainly give Pep a run for his money.

That said, Sampaoli is one I think could do a similar job to Simeone and Allegri and Conte both seem like good enough man managers to get the best out of this team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Saw a rumour doing the rounds yesterday on twitter (grain of salt but it's always a possibility I suppose as he's been linked before) regarding Low.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:15 pm

No, Low would be my last choice, no one in Germany likes him and I think his WC winning team was more due to having the greatest talent pool and Spain flopping than anything else.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:17 pm

I've always been averse to the idea too, dating back to when he was first being linked with us a number of years ago.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm

I'd take Eddie Howe before him Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Kick wrote:I'd take Eddie Newton before him Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Shed wrote:
Kick wrote:I'd take Eddie Murphy before him Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Kick wrote:
Shed wrote:
Kick wrote:I'd take Eddie Izzard before him Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Hit the quote Limit. Laughing

Anyway, Let's not get Low.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 pm

I noticed Laughing

Spoiler:

Anyway, yes eco smile
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

It was going to be Eddie Van Halen, actually hmm

Seeing as most of our preferable managers want to make major changes to our team, should they join, who do you think will stay and go?

for example, If we were to get Simeone, I could see us selling Hazard to Madrid and buying Griezman and Mario Gaspar.

Courtois
Gaspar Cahill Zouma Azpilicueta
Willian Fabregas Matic Oscar
Costa Griezman

Sampaoli reportedly only wants to join us if we get Sanchez from Arsenal. Perhaps we'd see Oscar or Hazard leave for Sanchez in that case.

Conte or Allegri might oversee less changes, but try to keep John Terry.

Courtois
Ivanovic Terry Zouma
Willian Fabregas Matic Azpilicueta
Oscar/Hazard
Costa Pato
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:49 pm

They'd all be impracticable changes though. At least of the ones you listed.

First of all, I'm not convinced Simeone would want shot of Hazard. And even if he did, there's surely a minimum price the club would let him go for; and with his form this season, no club on earth, including the financially reckless Real, will come anywhere close to meeting it.

Regarding the second example, the likelihood of Arsenal – local and title rival – handing their best player to us on a silver platter, especially in the event of our new manager seeing him as the linchpin to the Chelsea side he's building, is less than zero. It's total fantasy.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:53 pm

I think Madrid could be swayed if Zidane stays manager, as he is a big fan. I'd rather keep Hazard, in any event.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:55 pm

I can't imagine any manager on earth thinking he'd be better off not having Hazard in his team.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Guus today? hmm

The other thing to consider is whether Hazard wants to stay, he certainly doesn't seem like he does at present.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Kick wrote:Guus today? hmm

rofl

Kick wrote:The other thing to consider is whether Hazard wants to stay, he certainly doesn't seem like he does at present.

Well if he's looking to engineer a way out, playing like a giant turd for 6 straight months sure isn't the way to do it.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:09 pm

why not? I am sure you, I and the club are all more happy (albeit, still very unhappy) to see him leave than in May last year.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Reports in Italy say we've agreed a deal with Allegri, but I don't believe it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 pm

hmm
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Something to keep an eye on, but I don't think it's true.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:52 pm

not too keen on Allegri, I do hope we have a fruitful summer in terms of a strong manager. Pep to city, and reports that mou will go to united, & klopp with a summer to sign and get players ready means PL will be hella interesting.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next