Kaladin
RedOranje
McAgger
27 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by Helmer Wed 4 Dec - 12:14:05

Moses just needed a stick but i think he will have a decent contribution in absence of Sturridge if given chances, i think BR can try to include him in the team a long term plan in these next few hard fixtures by playing Cou in the center behind Suarez

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 4 Dec - 13:01:58

btw what about this kid called Danny Ings, just curious how he is hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed 4 Dec - 13:21:37

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:btw what about this kid called Danny Ings, just curious how he is hmm
21yro still in Burnley and never heard his name before. . . i guess self explanatory!! :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 4 Dec - 15:29:29

Fahim89 wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:btw what about this kid called Danny Ings, just curious how he is hmm
21yro still in Burnley and never heard his name before. . . i guess self explanatory!! :facepalm:
I saw him mentioned somewhere, too, but I seemed to think the source wasn't reliable and I don't think we'll be going for another hopeful buy in January (unless we're short on cash).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 4 Dec - 15:36:01

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
I saw him mentioned somewhere, too, but I seemed to think the source wasn't reliable and I don't think we'll be going for another hopeful buy in January (unless we're short on cash).
Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 7 Hungry_boy
come on, who knew about Bale/anyone who was not known before. But as Arty said, another hopeful buy because that sum of alberto+aspas is still painful

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed 4 Dec - 15:42:35

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:21yro still in Burnley and never heard his name before. . . i guess self explanatory!! :facepalm:
Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 7 Hungry_boy
come on,  who knew about Bale/anyone who was not known before. But as Arty said, another hopeful buy because that sum of alberto+aspas is still painful
Exactly my point of frustration if it happens this window. . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 4 Dec - 17:28:51

Imagine we get Pato for around 10m-ish Proud  Fits the criteria of a young prodigy gone bad.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 5 Dec - 4:47:16

We've been scouting Juan Manuel Iturbe every week according to Fabrizio Romano but he's a target for the summer, and not the winter (according to same source).
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 7 Dec - 21:14:14

From James Pearce & The Liverpool Echo:

Rodgers baffled by contracts talks

Brendan Rodgers has been left baffled by reports that he’s close to signing a new long-term contract at Liverpool.

There have been no talks with the owners about an extension and Rodgers, who doesn’t have an agent, is relaxed about the situation.

He penned a three-year contract when he took over in the summer of 2012 and the club have the option to extend it for a further 12 months. Essentially, that means his current deal will keep him at Anfield until 2016.

Rodgers has already turned down Spurs once and there is no chance of him leaving Anfield for White Hart Lane if Andre Villas-Boas gets the bullet.

Liverpool have no plans to bid for Burnley striker Danny Ings in January. Rodgers did have lunch with old friend and Clarets boss Sean Dyche this week but Ings wasn’t on the menu.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-its-top-four-6382095
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat 7 Dec - 21:17:29

Rodgers turned down Spurs Shocked
when did that happen, i thought it was just a BS rumour

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon 9 Dec - 19:41:50

Mohamed Salah! The Egyptian Messi!!!  scratch drunken 

Rumored to have been spotted in Anfield!

Now the question is there is a Messi in Egypt too!!!!!  Razz 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 9 Dec - 20:16:44

Far too much optimism there... I feel obligated to suggest he'll be the new Nabil El Zhar now.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 9 Dec - 20:19:57

Has anyone got a clue about Granit Xhaka? He's flying high with Mönchengladbach and Switzerland. Just felt like throwing a random name around.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 9 Dec - 20:21:15

Art Morte wrote:Has anyone got a clue about Granit Xhaka? He's flying high with Mönchengladbach and Switzerland. Just felt like throwing a random name around.
Wouldn't really add anything to our midfield that we don't already have.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 9 Dec - 23:19:13

Liverpool Echo's Peter Guy wrote:Liverpool FC Rumour Mill: Reds to swoop for Calhanoglu, chief scout watches Dundee United's Ryan Gauld, Suarez's £200k deal, Assaidi hope

Liverpool transfer speculation today sees the Reds are battling Arsenal for Hamburg's super young Turkish star Hakan Calhanoglu.

Arsene Wenger and Brendan Rodgers are sending top spies to watch the teenage talent this weekend on the back of his stunning progress in the Bundesliga.

Calhanoglu scored for Hamburg last weekend and is now a regular in the side, with his attacking style also winning him his first cap at 19 (The Mirror).

Observers of Dundee have dubbed him 'baby Messi' but Gauld has wisdom that belies his tender age.

The Scotland Under-21 international, was named as SPFL young player of the month for November and he realises that the best thing for him right now is competitive first-team football.

Gauld said:"If I were to move from Dundee United, I would have to think about what's best for me."

"Playing abroad would be the best culture of football for me to play in. At the moment I think I need to stay at Dundee United to progress.

"To be the best I can be, I need to be playing first-team games.

"If English Premier League clubs came calling now I would have to think what's best for me four or five years down the line.

"If I was to go down there I would have to seriously consider what my chances were of playing first-team football and if I was stuck in the reserves would I enjoy that?

"I can't just think that it is a big English club and I should jump at the chance to sign for them.I would really need to sit down and weigh it all up and think about what's best for me in the long term." (Express)

Meanwhile, Luis Suarez is set to stay at Liverpool for the remainder of the season but won’t be rushed into signing a new contract.

Suarez has two-and-a-half years left on his current £100,000-a-week deal.

Reports suggest, Suarez would want wages over the £200,000-a-week 'platinum player' threshold but the club would also want to insert a buy-out clause to a new world record figure.

But while the exact terms of Suarez’s clause were a matter of dispute last the summer, the player and his advisor's will not want to compromise a move next summer with a golden handshake deal that might restrict his movement again.

If Liverpool manage to qualify for the Champions League then Suarez may stay at Anfield, but if not he is almost certain to leave.

Finally Oussama Assaidi believes he can still succeed at Liverpool after scoring his sensational last-minute winner against Chelsea.

Assaidi joined Stoke on loan because he was sidelined at Anfield and the winger made just four substitute Premier League appearances last season.

The Moroccan international says Brendan Rodgers is following his progress and hopes he will have been impressed by his stunning Potters strike.

“I hope I still have a future there,” he said. “I have two years more and we will see, but I’m now at Stoke and I’ll do my best.

“Brendan texts me sometimes and I speak sometimes with him, but we will see what the future brings.

“I think the games that I got at Liverpool were not so many, but I did well in those games. The coach makes the decisions. If he gives me a chance, then maybe I can show what I can do.” (The Mirror)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-reds-6385692
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue 10 Dec - 5:25:35

RedOranje wrote:Far too much optimism there... I feel obligated to suggest he'll be the new Nabil El Zhar now.

Well the comparisons to Messi were sarcastic, just quoting the papers! Laughing
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 10 Dec - 7:18:19

Salah is better than Nabil, that's all can be said right now.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 10 Dec - 13:26:42

Hakan Calhanoglu, what a superb player he is for his age :bow:
I dont see much of Hmaburg matches, but he can share creative responsibility in case Suarez leaves this summer. Then we wont miss Suarez's free kicks also, very sharp player. I hope we sign him

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 10 Dec - 13:55:06

another one for the future!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 10 Dec - 14:00:43

no Ifthi, he will be a Coutinho isque player . I dont know the exact stats but he starts almost every game for them. Early next year he will be already 20, he already has 4 goals and 2 assists for them

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue 10 Dec - 15:11:37

Might just be me, but I don't really get excited over us signing future prospects.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 10 Dec - 16:27:28

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Might just be me, but I don't really get excited over us signing future prospects.

I kinda do, but maybe we've been signing too many of them lately. And after that there's been pretty much nothing to get excited about over them. Like, Samed Yesil. Some Bundesliga followers were saying "Leverkusen are so going to use that option to buy him back". We were excited about a young German talent. He's 19 and a half and there's no sign of him making even the bench, in spite of available striking options being Suarez and Aspas at the moment. Not saying he's a lost cause, but I don't know if there are any encouraging signs.

Perhaps all that reflects on that decision to sack our academy heads.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 10 Dec - 16:33:08

I hope you remember that he was injured for a very long time

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 10 Dec - 16:38:21

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:no Ifthi, he will be a Coutinho isque player . I dont know the exact stats but he starts almost every game for them. Early next year he will be already 20, he already has 4 goals and 2 assists for them

I sure hope so.

What we need now is players who will improve the starting XI. That is a bit steep since no team will sell players of that stature in winter.

The next best is improve the bench. Players who will offer more than Raheem, Alberto. It's useless to buy more Yasil etc who will only be useful in 2-3 years.

We have the best chance for CL in what, five years!!! We can't let it go.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 11 Dec - 8:21:57

Art Morte wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Might just be me, but I don't really get excited over us signing future prospects.

I kinda do, but maybe we've been signing too many of them lately. And after that there's been pretty much nothing to get excited about over them. Like, Samed Yesil. Some Bundesliga followers were saying "Leverkusen are so going to use that option to buy him back". We were excited about a young German talent. He's 19 and a half and there's no sign of him making even the bench, in spite of available striking options being Suarez and Aspas at the moment. Not saying he's a lost cause, but I don't know if there are any encouraging signs.

Perhaps all that reflects on that decision to sack our academy heads.

Has nothing to do with the people that were sacked.

Our "youth" aren't going to get better if they don't play first team football.

There's a MASSIVE difference between playing for the reserves and the Championship, let alone in the PL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 11 Dec - 12:41:59

Do Bremen and Hamburg have any good players that we may need. These two are playing shit and in a financial mess. Don't think they will mind much if we sniff around.

Yes, there are bigger sharks but if we are early and smart or both we sure can enjoy a big juicy piece.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next