Kaladin
RedOranje
McAgger
27 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 8 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:41 am

Do Bremen and Hamburg have any good players that we may need. These two are playing shit and in a financial mess. Don't think they will mind much if we sniff around.

Yes, there are bigger sharks but if we are early and smart or both we sure can enjoy a big juicy piece.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:46 am

Someone must be reading my posts in this thread. hmm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/12/report-liverpool-handed-boost-bid-sign-e22-8-million-star-loan/

PLEASE BE TRUE

(If you can't read the link, it's Javier Pastore from PSG.)

In other news, my other target Kevin De Bruyne has stated he wants to leave Chelsea permanently.

De Bruyne the situation is tired and wants to leave the Blues with a final transfer.
It seems as if he can only get interest from the Bundesliga, though. Get in there Rodgers ffs. Sad

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nieuwsblad.be%2Fsportwereld%2Fcnt%2Fdmf20131210_00881715
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:01 am

Red Alert wrote:Someone must be reading my posts in this thread. hmm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/12/report-liverpool-handed-boost-bid-sign-e22-8-million-star-loan/

PLEASE BE TRUE

(If you can't read the link, it's Javier Pastore from PSG.)

In other news, my other target Kevin De Bruyne has stated he wants to leave Chelsea permanently.

De Bruyne the situation is tired and wants to leave the Blues with a final transfer.
It seems as if he can only get interest from the Bundesliga, though. Get in there Rodgers ffs. Sad

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nieuwsblad.be%2Fsportwereld%2Fcnt%2Fdmf20131210_00881715

TBF Chelsea might be sick of watching their players blossom with us Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Keep the faith, he joined on my Football Manager game and he won Liverpool the CL in 2018. Twisted Evil

Would much prefer Pastore though. Takes pressure off Coutinho, Cou can go back to playing his natural game on the left hand side and Pastore is a natural number 10. He's also a lot more experienced, just needs a new change of scenery as he's become disillusioned at life in France (being played as a winger / on the bench). Javier would not only help our midfield, but he'll be that man to link the midfield to the final third too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Pastore is very pedestrian. I wouldn't say he's as bad as Berbatov in that area, but I hate those kind of players. He's kind of the opposite of Henderson. Has all the quality in the world on the ball, but off the ball he's as a good as a stationary cone.

Don't know how Rodgers would like a player like that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I think BR will deal with such things nicely as far as the record goes till now

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I have a very strong feeling that when January window closes we will all be very happy. Expecting at least 1 (maybe even 2) huge game changers for the first team, whatever position they maybe LB/DM/CM/AM/SS/ST/LW/RW
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:26 pm

how can you even think of listing so many options when you know what we need

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:how can you even think of listing so many options when you know what we need

In fairness if you bring any of those positions it will strengthen the first team. LB: check, we're playing a 20 year old kid whose actual position is RB, even when Enrique comes back we still need someone as good or better to provide competition for the spot. DM: check, Lucas is the only one that can play the position and let's face it the DM position is huge for us as we've been getting completely overrun in some matches this season, and Lucas hasn't been at his best since his injury. CM: check, don't even have to explain why. AM: check, when Coutinho was injured our performances and creation of chances suffered big time, need another creative outlet. SS (9.5 as Rodgers likes to call it): check, no quality replacements for Suarez and Sturridge. Aspas was supposed to be that but Rodgers doesn't trust him and he really hasn't shown much in the little we've seen of him. A 3rd player like Suarez and Sturridge interchanging positions, able to drop deep and collect the ball, provide a creative spark, can't say no to that. LW/RW: check, goal scoring wing/inside forwards to finally be able to play Rodgers' preferred formation.

I'm obviously not saying we need to buy all of them in January. But if we purchase quality in anyone one of those positions, the first team could be improved significantly. Having said that, I personally hope for a marquee box to box CM.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:17 pm

McAgger wrote: Having said that, I personally hope for a marquee box to box CM.
OR we can concentrate on an attacking midfielder for this window, other positions are also priority but may be in the next window

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
OR we can concentrate on an attacking midfielder for this window, other positions are also priority but may be in the next window

AM is not the priority in my eyes. For me the box to box CM is by far the biggest need.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Now now what is this about BR travelling himself to look into Julian Draxler!!! As brilliant as it would be can't see this happening  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Now now what is this about BR travelling himself to look into Julian Draxler!!! As brilliant as it would be can't see this happening  hmm 
the big problem with this signing is his price. For that price, we would get a far experienced and proven player i think

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 am

McAgger wrote:Pastore is very pedestrian. I wouldn't say he's as bad as Berbatov in that area, but I hate those kind of players. He's kind of the opposite of Henderson. Has all the quality in the world on the ball, but off the ball he's as a good as a stationary cone.

Don't know how Rodgers would like a player like that.

He's only really turned "pedestrian" at PSG. A chance of scenery will change that. Again, he's just disillusioned at life in France. He closed down a lot and was very good defensively for Palermo.

Keep in mind he'll want to play in the World Cup and will work hard to get there.

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

I've so far convinced one with the 'number 10' being the problem. Twisted Evil
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:22 am

Looks like big boy Sami is signing KDB. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Pastore is horrible... He has all the skill, but no work ethic or mental toughness whatsoever. I mean, he has Ibra + Cavani in front of him and Matuidi-Verratti-Motta in support... still couldn't play well.

PSG want to unload him... but Liverpool would do well to stay away unless it's at a bargain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pastore is horrible...  He has all the skill, but no work ethic or mental toughness whatsoever.  I mean, he has Ibra + Cavani in front of him and Matuidi-Verratti-Motta in support... still couldn't play well.  

PSG want to unload him... but Liverpool would do well to stay away unless it's at a bargain.

+1, exactly what I said
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pastore is horrible...  He has all the skill, but no work ethic or mental toughness whatsoever.  I mean, he has Ibra + Cavani in front of him and Matuidi-Verratti-Motta in support... still couldn't play well.  

They used to say the exact same thing about Sturridge when he was at Chelsea hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:

They used to say the exact same thing about Sturridge when he was at Chelsea hmm

Sturridge had everything to prove, though. Sturridge went from a question mark to a star, Pastore has gone the other way. I don't fancy him. Not that I fancy a CAM anyway when we've got Coutinho. Rather a CM, left-winger or a striker, in that order.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:

No one ever said Sturridge was lazy or mentally weak. The biggest issue with Pastore I have his awful work ethic and his awful mentality.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:45 pm

lol Sturridge was never lazy or mentally weak. Just not utilized at his fullest.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 pm

I think Javier Pastore is an opportunity very interesting to take for some clubs...
I  remind him in Serie A, he was amazing , I am suprised about his performance in French league , but probably he needs to change air

said this, leaving my judgment about Pastore ....  is the player who serves to liverpool?

He  would play in the position of Coutinho , Liverpool needs of midfielders  and Pastore is not ecletic player , he can't play in midfield , he can play only behind the forward.
Considering the price ... it would be better investing to other
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Pastore is a risk and right now we don't need a deal that is 50-50 to either pay off or not. We need a deal that's 80-20 to pay off and improve our squad. We need a player that is very likely to make us better, not another hopeful buy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:37 am

Robespierre wrote:I think Javier Pastore is an opportunity very interesting to take for some clubs...
I  remind him in Serie A, he was amazing , I am suprised about his performance in French league , but probably he needs to change air

said this, leaving my judgment about Pastore ....  is the player who serves to liverpool?

He  would play in the position of Coutinho , Liverpool needs of midfielders  and Pastore is not ecletic player , he can't play in midfield , he can play only behind the forward.
Considering the price ... it would be better investing to other

It's a loan move, it won't cost a lot. We'll probably just have to pay his wages for 6 months and that's it.

He was very very good at Serie A, and he could play in midfield. He actually closed down the opposition then.

Moving Coutinho to the left hand side actually improves the squad as he's a lot better out there. He's not closed down as much, and has more time on the ball giving him the best possible chance of playing the right ball. Pastore for majority of his career has played as the number 10, and expects that pressure from the opposition. He has the composure and skill to get around it, Coutinho is still far from the finished article and struggles against the 'better' midfields.

Liverpool's looking to loan him, with an option to buy.

He's not horrible as a player though, he's only been horrible in France. Again, a chance of scenery will change that.  

He was a whole different player in the Serie A. Just ask any Serie A fan when he was at Palermo. He closed down, and was actually good. The problem was that he went to PSG too early and now has lost his spot because of the "next big thing" that PSG decided to buy and that plays in his position. Pastore playing on the wing didn't help him when you guys switched to a 4-3-3 didn't help, either. Right now, Ibra is that player (he's made space for Cavani to play higher up). How is Pastore going to play in front of arguably the best player in the world in Ibra?

Javier has had no real consistent game time at PSG. Maybe in his first season, but even then he struggled because he came in with a massive fee on top of his head. A player needs consistent game time to play at a good level, or he's going to put inconsistent performances in and look 'lazy'. I doubt he's even really match fit right now.

Art Morte wrote:Pastore is a risk and right now we don't need a deal that is 50-50 to either pay off or not. We need a deal that's 80-20 to pay off and improve our squad. We need a player that is very likely to make us better, not another hopeful buy.

Again, the rumour is that it's a loan move with an option to buy.

Pastore as a number 10 DOES improve us.

Any transfer is a "hopeful" buy.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:43 am

PSG will not loan Pastore abroad.  Won't happen... it's either a sale at a price they want or nothing.  His wages are reasonable and they don't care anyhow lol.  

If he gets lent out, it would be within Ligue 1 according to sources in France... they want to make Ligue 1 more attractive.  Lyon is the club very much on the forefront since they aren't a threat to PSG this year...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:05 am

How much is he on at PSG?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor