RedOranje
Red Alert
Helmer
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 pm

No Studge ffs Sad

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey

Post by iftikhar Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Allen, well I haven't heard about him till (35 mins) now :-s
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:41 pm

1 - 2 for us at half-time. Need to gain just a bit more control of the game. Also we haven't created an open-play chance yet and that's a worry.

And Mirallas should be off.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 pm

what's wrong with captain today, eh !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah, Gerrard has been very sloppy so far. Henderson in the flank is going to waste, I'd rather sub off Allen (or Gerrard but that's not realistic) and bring on a true winger, we've got two good ones on the bench after all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:06 pm

allen :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 pm

What a game for a neutral! For an LFC fan, uh-oh.

A draw at their ground, well, I can live with that. But it's telling that Mignolet was our best player in spite of us conceding thrice.

Allen's inexcusable, mind-boggling, incomprehensible miss earned him the worst player of the game -title in my book. In my opinion Gerrard was our second-worst, just a horrible game from him.

I really hope we don't start with the same line-up ever again, we have natural wingers in abundance yet Henderson ends up playing that position just because Rodgers wanted to start names instead of what suits us as a unit the best.

All three goals from set-pieces is a bit of a worry...

But the thing I'll remember the best from this very eventful game is that incredible miss by Allen, where he could have dribbled it into the goal or passed to Suarez and put us 3 - 1 up...

Anyway, thanks to Sturridge we come away with a point and keep Everton three points behind us and if it wasn't for Mignolet it could've been much worse, so onwards we go.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:50 pm

No words.

Everything was in order, Solid and organized in the beginning.

Took the lead with Coutinho opening his tally this year. Conceding was unlucky. Suarez's FK was a beauty.

Mirallas should have sent off on two occasions. That tackle was horrible, Almost broke Suarez's leg. And the elbow that left Henderson bleeding.

Allen's miss was the deciding factor. He should have put that one in or set up Luis.

Agger and Skrtel were very good, The full backs and our midfields lost ball very frequently leading to a number counters.

Lukaku's first goals was donkey balls. Second one, Why was Glen marking him of all people?

Mignolet, No words to describe him.

Glad Sturridge got on the scoresheet and we had an instant reply. Anyways lets move on, Its two points dropped imo.

YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:54 pm

A few more things from me:

What on earth was Johnson doing marking Lukaku in that 3 - 2 corner?? Everyone should know he's useless in the air.

Flanagan was pretty horrible, Mirallas, Delofeu, everyone got past him sooooo easily.

We were caught on the counter way, way too easily. We were lucky in the end to get anything from this game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Art Morte wrote:A few more things from me:

What on earth was Johnson doing marking Lukaku in that 3 - 2 corner?? Everyone should know he's useless in the air.

Flanagan was pretty horrible, Mirallas, Delofeu, everyone got past him sooooo easily.

We were caught on the counter way, way too easily. We were lucky in the end to get anything from this game.
But we took a gamble at 2-2 by taking Lucas off for Sturridge.

From that moment on, it was clear Rodgers would rather increase the chances of a win, as opposed to risking a loss. And that period was when they heavily countered us.

On the other hand, in those 15 minutes, we created more clear cut chances than we had in the opening 75 minutes.

Apples and Oranges. I also though Flanagan was very good other than a couple of occasions. Stole the ball in dangerous positions, ventured forward, and was fearless. He was better than GJ for me today.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:20 pm

McAgger wrote:This game is HUGE for Allen. Must take the opportunity with both hands.
Well he can go f*ck himself. Worst player on the pitch + the most embarrassing miss that cost us 2 points for me. At 3-1 we would've had a much easier ride.

Anyways even before that Mirallas should've been sent off. That was as blatant a red as you'll ever see.

Gerrard was piss poor. Unbelievably bad from the captain. Was sluggish and looked uninterested all match. Johnson was also very poor.

MOTM for us was Agger or Mignolet. Take your pick. That's how you play in a derby ffs. Likewise Flanno and Hendo :bow:

Also warrior like performance from Luisito with all the traveling and what not. And glad both Cou and Studge got a goal.

Moses should never have come on for me. Rodgers should've taken off Allen and brought on Sturridge right away. We almost got overrun when Lucas was replaced. You never take off Lucas in these sorts of games. Bad mistake by Rodgers for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Gerrard's set piece crossing is amazing this year though Very Happy .

We are scoring a lot more off them, than years before.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Far too much happened int hat match for Allen to be blamed for the result. His singular miss doesn't negate his otherwise tidy performance, the shocker that Dowd had, or the poor defending that we displayed.

And I doubt many other top sides will come away from Goodison Park with all 3 points this season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:16 pm

FANTASTIC match, the match of year for me.

but why didn't Sakho play this match ?!? Imho bad mistake...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Flanagan was better than GJ for me today.
McAgger wrote: Likewise Flanno and Hendo :bow:
You guys gotta be kidding me. Flanagan's defending was outright awful, he was nothing but a traffic cone, especially for Mirallas and Delofeu. Had one good moment of bravery charging forward where he got into their penalty area but ran out of skill there. Johnson did lose the ball a few times - and was marking Lukaku when he scored but he should never be marking a player who's good in the air, that was fault of anyone who was handing out the men to mark - but also was so much more influential and dangerous in attack than Flanagan. I mean, when Suarez loses the ball we think nothing of it because we know how good he really is, but you two are not applying the same logic to Johnson's attacking abilities.

Allen, Gerrard, Flanagan, gold, silver and bronze in worst performances of the game for us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 pm

I normally wait until the next morning to post as I'm normally calmed down by then. (All games are either at midnight or 2AM with day light savings.) So yeah, sorry for the rant that's incoming.

Haven't been convinced by Rodgers at all this season. Don't get me wrong, I think hes the right man for the job and we need stability but I'm struggling to think how hes going to run the team next season if we make top four. If we do make CL, we're going to be easy to beat. We don't play as a team. You look at this season, it's been more down to individual performances than a full team effort. I can only think of the United game and Fulham game where we played as a team.

I don't want to get into the amount of power / control he has at the club but that's also a concern.

Rodgers STILL hasn't addressed this defending set piece joke. I'm certain more than 60% of our goals conceded are down to defending set piece incompetance. I honestly don't understand how we're so bad at them. We definitely train to do so as EVERY team practices to score them. (Best chance of midtable / lower relegation folder teams steal points from "bigger" teams.)

He actually got the right team selection imo, but his decisions in the second half were woeful; I see it as gaining a point then losing 2 thanks to the performance of Mignolet.

Ref bottled handed Mirallas a red card twice aswell. If that same challenge came at Anfield he would of been sent off. Deserved second yellow even if it was late on in the game. Referee always goes with home favour though, and I don't want to blame the officials, we were poor.

Drunk ynwa not making any sense (why I normally post morning after) but not happy with the performance. It's been really wierd this year, you look at the results and it looks like we've done okay (we're still in the top 4 and Everton away is always 50/50) but I need another drink lol.

Oh and quickly just on Allen, Luis Suarez did the same miss against Stoke couple seasons back, it happens. Honestly don't know how he missed it, probably thought he had less time then he thought but can't blame result on him although 3-1 does change the game...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 3 1450145_291099947681667_1855572878_n
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Horrible horrible tackle. Imagine the attention it would get if Suarez was the tackler....
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Red Alert wrote:Horrible horrible tackle. Imagine the attention it would get if Suarez was the tackler....
true...Even David Cameron would intervene to attack him...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 pm

*bleep* Joe Allen.

Most of what i think has been said. Mirallas should of been off, allen should of gave us some breathing room, wtf is with our set piece defending. Gerrard's best asset is his set piece delivery, looked somewhat poor today, flano did okay for the occasion, cant see the how the over the top hate is justified, thought allen played decent, though his miss will overshadows everything.

Why the hell was Johnson marking lukaku for a set piece, he shoved him off as if he was a feather, agger or skrtel should of had him, honeslty think sahko should of been played, i reckon he could of handled lukaku, and his confidence would of been high.

We got lucky heaps of times, everton bottled some chances and BIG MIG saved our *bleep* arses. That suarez header to howards body and that allen miss will haunt me all night.

Everton at home, even though we could of won it 1 point is decent result, only considered with how easy we concede at set pieces.

Copped a beer glass on my mouth at the pub when sturridge scored, was well worth it, was just hoping we would grab a fourth.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Midfield was painful to watch. The amount of times they got clear runs on our back 4 was a joke.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:16 pm

And our third goal. Studger Proud

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm

It was good to see that we had three different scorers for the first time in league matches, except Gerrad's penalty.
I also liked the formation with which we started. I also wonder if instead of Moses had we got KDB, it would have made hell lot of difference. Moses is decent but sometimes in attack Hendo's heavy touch doesnt provide us with that option when Hendo does play on the wings.
I would take a point just because of the cirumstances in which we managed to get it after that stupid international break Mad

I seriously dont understand what is the problem with BR and our defenders that we cant defend set pieces. Sometimes I think it has become a mental thingy for us.

I watched little bit of Arsenal-southampton match, i am rally pissed that we didnt sign Wanayama in the last window.

Gerrard, he has to do more than providing set pieces. I have absolutely no confidence in our midfield. I think BR still tries to adjust the game according to MF we have and that is a very good thing. I really hope Suso does provide that depth when he comes next season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Agree with most of the points but I definitely am glad we didn't sign Wanyama.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:43 pm

why he looked good for 12m against Arsenal

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next