FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 pm



FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion.

Tuesday 10th December.



H2H Past meeting:

Home: 2nd October 2013 - Real Madrid 4-0 FC Copenhagen



Injuries/Suspensions:

FC Copenhagen: Claudemir.

Real Madrid: Varane, Ramos, Coentrao and Khedira.



Copenhagen last 3 Champions League results:

Juventus 3-1 FC Copenhagen
FC Copenhagen 1-0 Galatasaray
Galatasaray 3-1 FC Copenhagen


FC Copenhagen current group position: 4th.

1. Real Madrid - 13 points
2. Juventus - 6 points
3. Galatasaray - 4 points
4. FC Copenhagen - 4 points
--------------------------------



Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López & Jesús Fernández.
Defenders: Pepe, Marcelo, Carvajal, Arbeloa, Nacho & Llorente.
Midfielders: Bale, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco & Illarramendi.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Jesé & Morata.





Real Madrid predicted lineup:

---------------Casillas
---Carvajal--Pepe---Nacho---Marcelo
--------Modric--Alonso---Illarramendi
--------Bale--------------Di Maria
----------------Benzema


Ancelotti pre match:


"When asked if Bale has recovered from the issues that kept him from making the trip to Xàtiva, Ancelotti replied: “He’s recovered from the small problem on Friday night. He’s totally recovered and trained and he’ll play tomorrow, as will Xabi Alonso. We’ll play the best team possible tomorrow."

"As I see it my future in Real Madrid is good. I feel really good right now. We had a few small issues early in the season but I have a good relationship with everyone and it’s easier to get good results with the players we have”.


Prediction:

FC Copenhagen 0-1 Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39384
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Mamad on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Modric  Proud 
avatar
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2832
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 am

Carlo Ancelotti appeared for the media after the 0-2 win against Copenhagen. The coach was pleased with the way his team had played and spoke about the match in Parken Stadium: "The match went well. We were focused, had a good attitude and were in control of the match. I'm happy because we had a good group stage and scored lots of goals. Modric is doing well and Xabi Alonso gives us balance defensively and in attack. All of the players did well, had a good attitude and controlled the play".

Ronaldo broke the group stage goal-scoring record. When asked about the Portuguese and the differences between him and the players that he went ahead of, he said: "I think that Inzaghi will not be happy tonight because he has lost this record. He has gone ahead of a very strong player. Inzaghi was very strong in the area and Ibrahimovic is powerful and has a fantastic ability to score and assist. Cristiano Ronaldo is a complete forward who can score goals in every way possible. He's a bit angry about the penalty, but he scored an important goal and played very well".

The Whites’ coach also praised the work at the back: "At the moment, we are doing well defensively. Nacho played well and the team is doing better defensively. We've only conceded one goal in the last five matches and we have to keep that balance". About how he motivated his players for a match in which they weren’t playing for qualification, he was clear: "The Real Madrid shirt motivates everyone to do their best in every match".

Ancelotti was also asked about other players by name. The Italian clarified how Modric, who had to be taken off, was doing: "He took a knock, but I do not think it's serious. I think he’ll be alright soon". Regarding Di María, who came on for Isco in the 67th minute, he said: "He came on in the position where Isco was playing and did very well. In the second half we had more space and more chances to score".

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1386786107572/noticia/Noticia/Ancelotti:__I_m_happy_because_we_had_a_good_group_stage_and_scored_lots_of_goals_.htm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39384
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:05 am

lol Carlo must be joking

I have not seen us this bad defensively this season. Just because they didn't threaten our goal doesn't mean they didnt school our fullbacks everytime they attacked them. smfh

both bale and benzema were dog shite and isco wasn't any better and I think this game rather demonstrated pretty clearly how unbalanced the modric-xabi combo is.
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:10 am

Isco-Modric-Xabi is suicide. If we want to win UCL this year Illarra or even Casemiro have to be integrated in the team with Modric and Xabi

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9690
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 am

we don't play a 4-3-3 anymore so we can't use that midfield

The Alonso-Illarra combo worked so good because illarra and xabi took it in turns to advance and help our attackers. but the xabi modric combo is not very creative as xabi mostly sits back and modric is miles way from him and when he does get the ball he turns left, right, left, right and then passes the ball to pepe when an opposition guy is virtually by his feet it is bloody annoying. its no surprise we attacked better when modric went out creating the best chances of the game. Have never liked that combo and will never like it. So slow and defensive suicide
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by sportsczy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:36 pm

You guys are really going to assess people in a game that meant absolutely nada... this was the game to play the kids because they'd play hard.

Only guys who had something to play for: Illara, Isco, Modric and CR7. The rest of the guys had absolutely nothing on the line other than avoiding injury.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 14457
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Freeza on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

First time FCK ever lost at home in the group stagen, they have played, Barca, Juve, Gala, Man Utd.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 13457
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:we don't play a 4-3-3 anymore so we can't use that midfield

The Alonso-Illarra combo worked so good because illarra and xabi took it in turns to advance and help our attackers. but the xabi modric combo is not very creative as xabi mostly sits back and modric is miles way from him and when he does get the ball he turns left, right, left, right and then passes the ball to pepe when an opposition guy is virtually by his feet it is bloody annoying. its no surprise we attacked better when modric went out creating the best chances of the game. Have never liked that combo and will never like it. So slow and defensive suicide

Neither Illarramendi/Alonso can attack like Modric can. They both play the same role and do the same thing. Modric works hard and he made a lot of interceptions/tackles yesterday. He was everywhere.

Also Modric passes to Pepe because when the team is being pressed there's no other option. Possession play involves a lot of building up from the back, instead of hoofing/attempting random through ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39384
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by titosantill on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:06 pm

i agree with sportsczy, this game meant nothing for madrid, so not to healthy to judge players based on it
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2754
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 pm

We will get for sure Schalke/Arsenal/City, while Barca will get some team ala Olympyakos  Laughing 

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9690
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 am

@sportsczy wrote:You guys are really going to assess people in a game that meant absolutely nada... this was the game to play the kids because they'd play hard.

Only guys who had something to play for: Illara, Isco, Modric and CR7. The rest of the guys had absolutely nothing on the line other than avoiding injury.

yepp Bale is only the most expensive player in the world he can totally afford to pans around on the pitch Rolling Eyes As for Benz nah of course we are only after Suarez to play as CB Laughing
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:41 am

Yohan Modric wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:we don't play a 4-3-3 anymore so we can't use that midfield

The Alonso-Illarra combo worked so good because illarra and xabi took it in turns to advance and help our attackers. but the xabi modric combo is not very creative as xabi mostly sits back and modric is miles way from him and when he does get the ball he turns left, right, left, right and then passes the ball to pepe when an opposition guy is virtually by his feet it is bloody annoying. its no surprise we attacked better when modric went out creating the best chances of the game. Have never liked that combo and will never like it. So slow and defensive suicide

Neither Illarramendi/Alonso can attack like Modric can. They both play the same role and do the same thing. Modric works hard and he made a lot of interceptions/tackles yesterday. He was everywhere.

Also Modric passes to Pepe because when the team is being pressed there's no other option. Possession play involves a lot of building up from the back, instead of hoofing/attempting random through ball.

Modric just kills any chance of actually playing faster than 0.5 mph. The guy is sooo slow to make his mind up and ends up passing it back to the cbs. Illarra and xabi are similar but the positioning of the two when playing is extraordinary. they never fail to find a guy to pass to. And by attacking I hope you don't mean get into the box and score because we have alot of attackers to do that. Illarra lets xabi advance and be the creative force we so lacked vs Copenhagen.

Modric is nothing more than a bench player for me unless we are at home against a shite laliga team
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Still way better than Isco.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9690
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Isco is not and will never be a CM. We tried that earlier in the season and it didn't work

If Isco can add alittle bit of creativity to his game he is going to be huge for us. He is only 21 so he will only get better

As for Modric bleh. Can not play CAM and is a liability as a CM
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Isco's decision making is almost Di Maria level. He lacks passing range, loses the ball more than anyone in the team and can't play the final pass while Modric at the moment is the best midfielder in La Liga and one of the best in the world.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9690
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by sportsczy on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:You guys are really going to assess people in a game that meant absolutely nada... this was the game to play the kids because they'd play hard.

Only guys who had something to play for:  Illara, Isco, Modric and CR7.  The rest of the guys had absolutely nothing on the line other than avoiding injury.  

yepp Bale is only the most expensive player in the world he can totally afford to pans around on the pitch :roll:As for Benz nah of course we are only after Suarez to play as CB Laughing
Who cares about this game... and btw, i rewatched the game, and everyone played decent to well including Bale and Benz.  Did they have that extra edge you would have if something was on the line?  No.  But they did their job and we played very professionally.

Besides, the weather conditions were awful and the pitch conditions very poor.  Why take unnecessary risks?

If this was at the Bernabeu, then our players would have taken it seriously regardless since you want to put up a show for the home crowd.  But an away game in crap conditions against Coopenhagen that means nothing?  PLease.

We played fine in any case.  Did what we had to do, CR7 got his goal and got a shutout.  There's nothing to piss and moan about lol.

Just to compare... Silva and Ibra didn't even make the trip to Benfica for PSG and they were in the exact same situation as us.  Ibra had 8 goals going into the game too and was tied with CR7.  They played with 7 bench players... lost the game; but they didn't care lol. The 4 starters who actually played... 2 of them were the worse on the pitch.... the other 2 were the keeper and Cavani. Verratti and Thiago Motta just cruised around.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 14457
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:we don't play a 4-3-3 anymore so we can't use that midfield

The Alonso-Illarra combo worked so good because illarra and xabi took it in turns to advance and help our attackers. but the xabi modric combo is not very creative as xabi mostly sits back and modric is miles way from him and when he does get the ball he turns left, right, left, right and then passes the ball to pepe when an opposition guy is virtually by his feet it is bloody annoying. its no surprise we attacked better when modric went out creating the best chances of the game. Have never liked that combo and will never like it. So slow and defensive suicide

Neither Illarramendi/Alonso can attack like Modric can. They both play the same role and do the same thing. Modric works hard and he made a lot of interceptions/tackles yesterday. He was everywhere.

Also Modric passes to Pepe because when the team is being pressed there's no other option. Possession play involves a lot of building up from the back, instead of hoofing/attempting random through ball.

Modric just kills any chance of actually playing faster than 0.5 mph. The guy is sooo slow to make his mind up and ends up passing it back to the cbs. Illarra and xabi are similar but the positioning of the two when playing is extraordinary.  they never fail to find a guy to pass to. And by attacking I hope you don't mean get into the box and score because we have alot of attackers to do that. Illarra lets xabi advance and be the creative force we so lacked vs Copenhagen.

Modric is nothing more than a bench player for me unless we are at home against a shite laliga team

He passes back to the CB's because the team is being pressed. Alonso would probably lose the ball under pressure. Modric is a better B2B than Alonso/Illarramendi.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39384
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by chad4401 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:51 pm

hala is just mad cause di maria is riding the bench and isco has yet to show he can expand his game, beyond ball hogging and poor passing Laughing

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3987
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Saying that Modric atm is bench material is plain stupid. This season he has been a legit WC midfielder, unlike Isco who performed in the first 3-5 matches and then dissapeard.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9690
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by FalcaoPunch on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:28 am

I. Do. Not. Comprehend. This. Modric. Hate.

Like seriously? Bench material :facepalm:
I'd say Isco needs more bench time but that's not going to help him develop as a player.


For right now, he plays like a ball hogging trickster on Fifa. And that is NOT why we bought him.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by titosantill on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 am

modric has been very consistent, hell, he started getting better late last season, i understand fears on the xabi modric partnership, based on the fact neither is an outright defensive midfielder, but for a central mid modric has been amazing, so too xabi, we've gotten a lot more organized since he returned....i like isco's directness but yeah he needs to work on holding the ball less, he will get better, he is basically a trequartista but he needs to take it easy i think
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2754
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:

Neither Illarramendi/Alonso can attack like Modric can. They both play the same role and do the same thing. Modric works hard and he made a lot of interceptions/tackles yesterday. He was everywhere.

Also Modric passes to Pepe because when the team is being pressed there's no other option. Possession play involves a lot of building up from the back, instead of hoofing/attempting random through ball.

Modric just kills any chance of actually playing faster than 0.5 mph. The guy is sooo slow to make his mind up and ends up passing it back to the cbs. Illarra and xabi are similar but the positioning of the two when playing is extraordinary.  they never fail to find a guy to pass to. And by attacking I hope you don't mean get into the box and score because we have alot of attackers to do that. Illarra lets xabi advance and be the creative force we so lacked vs Copenhagen.

Modric is nothing more than a bench player for me unless we are at home against a shite laliga team

He passes back to the CB's because the team is being pressed. Alonso would probably lose the ball under pressure. Modric is a better B2B than Alonso/Illarramendi.

why don't you go and watch the galatasaray game again to see how we dealt with proper pressuring. Xabi and Illarra got out of anything without having to turn to our cbs

Modric the glorified khedira without his defensive ability Laughing
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:07 pm

@chad4401 wrote:hala is just mad cause di maria is riding the bench and isco has yet to show he can expand his game, beyond ball hogging and poor passing Laughing

Real Madrid first, favourite players second. did that clarify it?
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 17856
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Cyborg on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:56 pm

@chad4401 wrote:hala is just mad cause di maria is riding the bench and isco has yet to show he can expand his game, beyond ball hogging and poor passing Laughing

_________________


Spoiler:


2017/2018
Navas
Carvajal Gimenez Varane Marcelo
Casemiro Kroos
Asensio Ozil Bale
Benzema
avatar
Cyborg
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 691
Join date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum