ExtremistEnigma
Art Morte
sportsczy
22 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mamadou "Kirikou" Sakho Empty Mamadou "Kirikou" Sakho

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:58 am

I had to do it Laughing Starting to get used to the game in EPL and show his strengths.  The hesitations are going away.

Should have scored against Spurs though lol.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Mamadou "Kirikou" Sakho Empty Re: Mamadou "Kirikou" Sakho

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Meast sounds just retarded, otherwise I approve of the thread x)

It's promising, I hope by the end of the season I can say with confidence that he was a good buy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Meast is pretty widely used in the US though... was the nickname f Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, who was an insane american football player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:25 pm

So glad we got him in the summer. Great defender, physically as well as technically.. very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Improving with each passing game..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm

I shit my pants when he is under pressure with the ball.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Tbh I feel much better when he plays. For some reason, maybe it's his intimidating looks, but I feel much more confident with him in defense than without him. And he's only 23, can only get much better Thumbs up

One thing though, as Nish mentioned, sometimes he panics on the ball when teams put pressure on him and more often than not he makes a very dodgy decision, like against Spurs got pressured on the ball, put in a very idiotic lobbed pass back to Mignolet and thankfully Soldado fouled Mignolet or else that would probably have been a goal.

Which is why it would so much better if he had a composed defender next to him. Because Skrtel is even worse when pressured Laughing Agger-Sakho could be such a great partnership ffs. But Rodgers is hesitant because they are both left footed Mad

PS. Should've scored that chance against Spurs though, it was harder to miss Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

yeah... in ukraine second leg, he was partnered with Varane. Perfect combo. He knew he could be aggressive and go for it because he had a smart partner who had his back. Sakho struggles when he's forced to reign in his play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:02 am

Daniel Agger will be worried now that Sakho has finally settled and found his feet. lol

Hopefully that can get the best out of Agger again with the competition and all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 am

sportsczy wrote:Meast is pretty widely used in the US though... was the nickname f Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, who was an insane american football player.

Huh, never heard that nickname before. But Sean Taylor was a monster of a player and by all accounts an even better person... I'm happy to have any player on my teams share a nickname with him.

RIP.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:47 am

“I have always known what I wanted to achieve in life,” says Mamadou Sakho. “I have grown up with quite a tough mentality. When I was growing up it was in a fairly tough area of Paris. To illustrate that – some of the people I grew up with are either in prison. Or dead. I guess that gives you an idea.”
It does. That is no ordinary statement; but then interviewing Sakho, the Liverpool and France defender, is no ordinary experience not least for the evocative way in which he illustrates his points, the expressive language he uses and the self-possession he has which means he has always accepted responsibility.
For family; for club; for country.
Sakho recalls that he was just eight when he first heard “You’ll Never Walk Alone” sung by the Anfield crowd. He was at home in the 18th arrondissement (Goutte d’Or – known as ‘Little Africa’) in Paris - one of the city’s roughest; bleakest areas. Sakho did not understand a word of English but was captivated by the emotion he saw on the television.
At Liverpool’s Melwood training ground, ahead of today’s Premier League encounter away to Chelsea, Sakho recalls that sense and how it stayed with him. “I didn’t have a clue what they were saying,” he says. “But now to have the opportunity and the luck to be on the field before a game when they do sing that song as part of this legendary, mythical stadium then it really warms the heart

“It gives you a real frisson, a real shiver down your spine. But what it also does is transform you into a warrior who wants to go and fight for the ultimate, fight for that shirt.”
Sakho, 23, joined Liverpool on the summer transfer deadline day for £16million. It meant leaving Paris Saint-Germain having been their equivalent to Steven Gerrard; a symbolic local player the French club would give everything to keep, according to president Nasser al-Khelaifi, despite the Qatari millions that have been pumped in to transform the team with big-names to challenge Europe’s elite and despite Sakho’s career having stalled.
His story at PSG is remarkable. Captain at just 18 – “I was 17,” he quickly corrects – he distinctly remembers when football became an escape from the poverty that threatened to engulf his family. “I was fortunate enough to get into the Paris Saint-Germain academy (Camp des Loges) at a young age and I attached myself to that, I threw myself into that and that really helped,” Sakho, the fourth child of seven, explains. “It gave me the chance to take my family out of the difficult existence that they had up to that point.
“I grew up very, very quickly. When I was 13 I probably thought like an 18-year-old. I managed to cross the barriers very, very quickly and it was certainly a chance that I could not miss out on because I was living my passion and through living that passion and enjoying that passion I was able to provide shelter for my family.”
But, with that strong personality, he also rebelled. The PSG academy was governed by rules and regulations and Sakho admits he struggled to accept them. “Suddenly I had all these rules,” he says. “Someone was now telling me to go bed at 10pm! And not even my parents told me to do that and these guys were not my parents, so why should I listen to them!
“It was a bit scary at first because where I am from there are no rules. It was a case of settling in to that mentality of working hard and living to a timetable.”
But Sakho also realized the opportunity that football presented him with that attitude hardening when his father died. Sakho was 14. “Maybe it was strength of character but I was also quite bright and realized I had been given this chance and that I would not let it slip,” he recalls. “I think it was the best way, the best reply I could give to life. Certainly football provided me with the best path I could take.”
Beyond his talent, PSG quickly recognized something else: here was a leader, something he has also demonstrated with France - scoring twice in the recent play-off to help overturn a 2-0 first-leg defeat to Ukraine and dramatically gain a place in next summer’s World Cup Finals. Remarkably they were the first goals he had scored for France.
“I think I stay the same person, I am quite natural about it,” Sakho says. “I don’t consider myself a great leader. It’s true that certain managers throughout my career have maybe seen qualities in me to make me captain but I see my role as trying to improve the team and take the team forward. I bring my own little grain, my own little pinch of salt, I do my own little bit for the team.”
Except he had felt his role at PSG diminished and a new challenge and a new approach, with Liverpool, was presented. “I gave it a lot of thought, of course,” he says. “I had been 12 years at Paris Saint-Germain…but as soon as I saw the overall project of Liverpool that was what made me make the decision. It was what I was aiming at.”
Interestingly Sakho, who conducts this interview in French, speaks of Liverpool in terms of “values”. “The values of respect,” Sakho says. “It’s a mixture of a lot of different values which make me feel at ease. Respect; the spirit of wanting to help people. There is a stability here, the objectives are very, very high, the targets are set high. There is very much a union, almost a communion, between the fans and the club itself. The ultimate thing is the respect for the history, the respect for everything that has happened before at this club.”
That message is also brought home by Gerrard. “In the dressing room he will tell us stories or it might when we are away, at the table having dinner, he will recount these different stories that are all very, very positive,” Sakho says. “He is a massive player for this club with huge charisma.”
As was Jamie Carragher, who retired in the summer, and there are parallels – in terms of character – between the two central defenders? “I am not a replacement for Jamie Carragher. I have ultimate respect for him, he has made history here, he has created his own page of history and he was a very, very important player for this club,” Sakho says.
“But my intentions are to come here and write my own page of history and be known for my time here. Hopefully if I do things well then the fans will remember me and I can carve my name in Liverpool’s history.”
There is a new Liverpool emerging under Brendan Rodgers – with Luis Suarez as its talisman. “He’s a goal-scoring machine, he’s right up there with the top strikers in the world,” Sakho says. “But I think what is really important is that he puts himself at the service of the club, of the team and he’s there, he sacrifices. He gives everything, you can see how he plays on the pitch, he’s not egotistical, he’s not in it for himself. And I think one of the reasons why we are in the position in the top four we are at the moment is that everyone is taking that attitude.”
Defeat away to Manchester City was a frustrating set-back that saw Liverpool knocked off the top of the Premier League table, but what can be achieved this season? “I said this when I arrived at the club and my speech has not changed – it is absolutely vital that this club gets back into the Champions League,” Sakho states. “We will see where we are with two months, a month and a half left of the season and we can talk about any trophies at that time but Liverpool – the place, the club, the supporters – needs to be seeing European football and by that I mean Champions League football to be back at Anfield next season.”
The Premier League – so far – has been everything Sakho expected. “I think the tough mental approach really works in England, teams do not give up and I think I am quite tough mentally,” he says while he and his family have settled quickly in Liverpool.
“There’s no Eiffel Tower in Liverpool and I guess I have struggled a little bit with the scouse accent but nothing in the world would change my decision,” Sakho says. “I’m so proud to wear this shirt, I am full of pride.”
What of that responsibility – for family, for club and for country? “I suppose you learn soon enough if you have got the shoulders broad enough to take that,” Sakho says. “The best reply to see whether I succeeded is that I am here today. I am also the sort of person who likes stability and I see myself staying here for a very long time.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10541116/Chelsea-v-Liverpool-Interview-with-defender-Mamadou-Sakho.html
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Mamadou Sakho ‏@mamadousakho3 Feb 8
Can't wait to be back with you ! #YNWA pic.twitter.com/fjJrXYGoFz

Mamadou "Kirikou" Sakho Bf-MZzaIAAAlXmX

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 pm

The sooner the better!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm

yeah we will need better defence to win matches against all the lower sides playing away, great news :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:47 am

Mamadou "Kirikou" Sakho 1780871_650910074945712_1395601473_n

:bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:43 am

He should be back for the Southampton match, right!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Swansea is more likely. But if Agger is back we might not have to risk him till Soton.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:06 am

"Mamadou Sakho actually had a tear in his tendon and not the muscle of the hamstring as initially reported. For a whole host of reasons tendons take longer to heal, but he is working hard and progressing." Glen Driscoll, our head of performance.

So it wasn't actually just a hamstring strain which explains why it's taking him longer to come back.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 27, 2014 7:03 pm

He's the captain for France NT tonight... and the media is reporting that he may very well become the starter and captain for the WC. Deschamps likes him a lot. Varane would be his partner.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let that be true
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's the captain for France NT tonight...  and the media is reporting that he may very well become the starter and captain for the WC.  Deschamps likes him a lot.  Varane would be his partner.

Great if he would start, but I can't believe he would be made the captain over some older players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue May 27, 2014 11:00 pm

Great news Thumbs up
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He's the captain for France NT tonight...  and the media is reporting that he may very well become the starter and captain for the WC.  Deschamps likes him a lot.  Varane would be his partner.

Great if he would start, but I can't believe he would be made the captain over some older players.

I'm not sure it's that far-fetched. He's been commended on his leadership qualities since he was a youngster at PSG. He even captained the PSG side several times, another instance of him being named over older, more-established players.

Keep in mind that France may be actively looking for a new captain, one that was not associated with the recent incidents of swelling player-power, childish tantrums, and revolt. Deschamps doesn't strike me as someone who tolerates such behavior, hence his treatment of Nasri. Say what you will about Sakho, but he fits the mold: strong, charismatic, driven, and loyal.

The only question surrounding Sakho is whether he is an unquestioned starter. Koscielny has been very good for Arsenal when fit, Varane looks like an up-and-coming superstar, and Mangala has been performing at a level that has attracted the interest of some of the biggest clubs in Europe. The competition is strong, but I would love to see Sakho come out on top, and I believe he has what it takes to tkae the role and make it his for the foreseeable future.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Varane-Sakho is the duo that most expect to start the WC.

Keep in mind that Euro 2016 is in France and, really, the target is to contend for that tournament.  So Deschamps is picking some players to develope between now and 2016.  

The next friendly will give a HUGE indication of the tandem (not this Paraguay game, the next one).

Also, Sakho was the FULL TIME captain at PSG from ages 17 until 22. Only when Thiago Silva was bought was the role taken away from him. He's got this down.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:55 pm

I can't imagine a 24-year-old, unaccomplished Sakho laying the gauntlet down to players like Ribery, Evra or Benzema. Not that, to me, there is a stand-out captain candidate in the France team. But I don't think Sakho will / should be the captain in Brasil, even if he has got captain potential for the future.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Ribery, Evra and Benzema are not leaders.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next