RedOranje
30 posters

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Destiny - Page 35 Empty Re: Destiny

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:09 pm

DeeJ
21h 11m ago Permalink
You are being trolled, Internet. Don't let it happen.

Bungie employees are easy to spot in the wild.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/70908920/0/0/1

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Nothing of the story makes any sense, and it's horrible beyond belief. When I was at the reef missions as an awoken, they acted like I didn't know what the hell an awoken was. Didn't make any sense. Awful story and cut scenes. Gameplay is spotless, and besides the story it's loads of fun.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:31 am

Next up: Thorn
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:55 am

RedOranje wrote:
DeeJ
21h 11m ago Permalink
You are being trolled, Internet. Don't let it happen.

Bungie employees are easy to spot in the wild.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/70908920/0/0/1

Seems to me that the community manager is making a weak attempt at drawing attention away from this architect guy. Regardless of whether it's a troll, or not, what he says makes perfect sense. I do enjoy playing Destiny, but as of right now, the game lacks substance and the story is incoherent and far below what we've come to expect from Bungie.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Considering how downright atrocious Destiny is as an MMO when you compare it to the rest of the selecetion it seems like the only thing that is holding Destiny up is peoples first experience with the addictiveness of MMO mechanics >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 pm

no....it's holding people up because it's actually fun to play...

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Got 3 legendary items in an hour through various ways. All worse than what I already have though Laughing

The Daily Heroic is frustrating. Level 28 is too hard for me while level 24 is piss easy. No middle ground Sad

Also gave in 5 bounties in a row and got a strange coin along with queen's missions :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Got a legendary arm piece from the daily level 28 heroic last night. The stats on it are horrible Sad This week's daily level 28 is relatively easy compared to last week's one, RG. We did it twice last night, I got quite a few strange coins from it Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:no....it's holding people up because it's actually fun to play...

I think Destiny is an entertaining game, but it's saddening to know that the final product is only an incomplete/improvised fraction of what they originally intended to release. Hopefully, they didn't scrap that much of their original content, and we'll get some of it in future DLCs. Bungie have built a reputation for their immersive storytelling, yet the main story and the lore in this game doesn't interest me much at all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Thimmy wrote:Got a legendary arm piece from the daily level 28 heroic last night. The stats on it are horrible Sad This week's daily level 28 is relatively easy compared to last week's one, RG. We did it twice last night, I got quite a few strange coins from it Smile

THe sword of crota one?

I think i would beat that if i use my voidwalker. Using sunsinger to max it atm so maybe thats why
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:no....it's holding people up because it's actually fun to play...

a) Story
b) Variety of content
c) Well designed raids
d) Loot
e) PVP

Out of the above; which keeps you playing?
There is a reason why Bungie refuses to release a PC version of Destiny and that reason is Planetside 2. You should pick it up when it gets a PS4 version and see why.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Phritz wrote:

a) Story
b) Variety of content
c) Well designed raids
d) Loot
e) PVP

Out of the above; which keeps you playing?
There is a reason why Bungie refuses to release a PC version of Destiny and that reason is Planetside 2. You should pick it up when it gets a PS4 version and see why.

I think Bungie/Activision really nailed it when it comes to setting the difficulty of the raids in this game. Unlike, the majority of today's games, Destiny is generally more difficult, and in some cases, doesn't even let you respawn if your whole team dies - You have to do it all over again.

A lot of game developers are afraid that their games won't be popular if they're too difficult, but I'm under the impression that most people enjoy how difficult and unmerciful some of the raids in Destiny are. Demon Souls should've been testament to how games that are difficult to the point of annoyance can be popular, but the majority of game developers still choose to play it safe and hold your hand throughout the experience. Destiny doesn't. Despite all of the game's flaws, I think they did some things very right. I had expected more from this game, but who knows, maybe future DLCs will not only add more alternatives, but more substance to the game as well? From what I gather, the scrapped/inaccessible content is already on the disc, they just need to completely re-write it to fit the last-ditch, improvised game that we're playing right now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Got a legendary arm piece from the daily level 28 heroic last night. The stats on it are horrible Sad This week's daily level 28 is relatively easy compared to last week's one, RG. We did it twice last night, I got quite a few strange coins from it Smile

THe sword of crota one?

I think i would beat that if i use my voidwalker. Using sunsinger to max it atm so maybe thats why

Nah, it's on Mars. The Valus Ta'aurc one - huge guy with a machine gun who occasionally fires rockets at you.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 pm

I meant daily heroic story not the weekly strike Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 am

RealGunner wrote:I meant daily heroic story not the weekly strike Razz

Oh, sorry.. didn't read your message properly Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:47 am

If your party dies during a raid of course you have to start over; that's been pretty standard fare for MMO's. What isn't standard fare in MMO's is that you can respawn with no input from other players. I'm not going to say that makes Destiny easier or not but I will tell you that no other (respectable) MMO allows you to respawn during a raid just like that.

When raid bosses are bullet sponges with weak points Bungie pretty much released the tank and spank version of an MMO in 2014 but then again; if Destiny is your first experience with an MMO then you're not going to know that this game could have and should have been so much more.

This is what I mean with Destiny's sort of success being reliant on it being console only gamers first experience with MMO mechanics because as an MMO it is downright basic. But however basic an MMO is it's still an addictive formula of social interaction and loot reward gratification.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:53 am

For the first time in memory I have to agree with Phritz because it's about as basic as it gets MMO wise, which is why I felt let down when I had a shot of it

The story and setting was really uninteresting to me and many others, and it was advertised as being a new innovative mix between MMO and FPS yet the MMO aspect is terribly basic and obviously the game 'world' is nowhere near the scale of a proper MMO with a tiny fraction of the players. And the FPS mechanics didn't impress me at all really.

I cba grinding like mad for gear all the time on a shooter game. Hell especially an FPS where you don't have the basic gratification of looking at your character in all his glory most of the time.

Grinding at work for money, coming home to chill and play a game... by grinding for virtual rewards until you level up and need to do it all over again.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:01 am

Phritz wrote:If your party dies during a raid of course you have to start over; that's been pretty standard fare for MMO's. What isn't standard fare in MMO's is that you can respawn with no input from other players. I'm not going to say that makes Destiny easier or not but I will tell you that no other (respectable) MMO allows you to respawn during a raid just like that.
When raid bosses are bullet sponges with weak points Bungie pretty much released the tank and spank version of an MMO in 2014 but then again; if Destiny is your first experience with an MMO then you're not going to know that this game could have and should have been so much more.

This is what I mean with Destiny's sort of success being reliant on it being console only gamers first experience with MMO mechanics because as an MMO it is downright basic. But however basic an MMO is it's still an addictive formula of social interaction and loot reward gratification.

I have played a few MMOs. The raids in destiny that are actually difficult, do not allow you to respawn, unless you're revived by a team mate. There's a very limited amount of these raids right now, but more will be released in the future. If your team wipes, it automatically takes you back to the tower. It can be quite frustrating if you've progressed all the way to the boss, just to get bombarded by randomly spawning witch-mobs, firing beams at you from all angles. Vault of Glass is even more difficult, and it can be really hard to get through it unless you have competent team members. I wasted more than an hour on vault of glass last week, and we only got to the second stage of it... partly due to some incompetent team members, but also because Vault of Glass is pretty difficult.

In the majority of the other MMOs I've played, raids were far easier to complete for several reasons. Off the top of my head, the presence of a tank and a healer is one of the things that made those games easier.. and then there's crowd control, AoE damage, health potions, better mobility.. you just have a lot more options for keeping yourself alive in traditional MMOs. Granted, Destiny is, as you say, very basic in it's MMO aspect... and I've already stated how disappointed I am in the final product of the game considering how much potential it had, and considering the internal issues that caused the game to be released as an unfinished product and a shell of what they initially planned on releasing.

But I still enjoy playing it to some degree, and I think it's largely due to how challenging some of the end-game raids are. I'm taking it for what it is, and not what it could've been or was supposed to be. There's nothing better out for PS4 right now, anyway.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:34 am

the sword of crota daily heroic is so easy lol

did it alone...get the sword double jump in front of the princes and slam it down on them repeatedly they can't recover in time to even hit you Laughing legit beat it in 5 mins just gotta make sure you kill all the random hive scrubs who spawn first then go after the prince
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:20 pm

level 28?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 pm

yeah
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:34 pm

I should have tried it with voidwalker.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 pm

It wasn't about my sub-class afterall

Can't do today's lvl 28 daily either. They spawn like 8 times lol. Tried 18 times or so. Gonna do it with a mate later.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Thimmy :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Been playing this for about 5 hours Laughing

It's good fun, very Borderlands like. Only about level 6 so far but very much enjoying it even if some parts are a bit confusing to me atm Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Where's Xür this time? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor