dostoevsky
Kaladin
nichabr
Forza
•MilanDevil•
48 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 33 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:18 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:MvB actually recommended Strootman to the management...Sadly we decided to blow to 12m on Matri

not surprised one bit by how incompetent our management is.

let see the history...

before huntelaar came, in fact, Sneijder was the one who was supposed to be at milan but word has it, and this is not something that is even made up and its true, that we thought huntelaar was a better deal than sneijder.

christian eriksen was recommended to milan by our former player thomas helveg, he even took trial here. then according to agent, galliani said he was too expensive (about .8 million) in the end ajax got him for 1 million.

Alex Witsel, was due to join Milan for about 14 million. Then Braida goes to see Witsel and Witsel misses penalty. The very next day, deal is off....

Marco Van Basten recommended Serbia midfielder Djuricic but that went absolutely deaf ears to Galliani.

then Seedorf recommended, Doria from his former club and also recommended Georgino Wijlandum as his direct replacement.. ... we passed

Strootman i didnt know i heard it first time, but then later gallliani complained that he was too expensive.

Sacchi had to force Milan to sign Mastour immediately seeing his talent. Inter was already monitoring him for years!!!

but there were players, who were very much within our budget and our management all passed!!! unbelievable.

no milan fans has been selfish or demanding for our management to this day, to sign a record breaking signings.
All we fans have wanted is to make a decent signing... which was very much within our budget.

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 33 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:19 pm

i actually am starting to think that players are right to reject us.... especially top ones... for one... our management arent ambitious, second... young players are not given chances. ..

its so sad that van ginkel is not given chance. i fear that its going to be same to mastour

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm not so concerned about van Ginkel because we are just doing Chelsea's youth development for them. It was a move that never made any sense IMO.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:20 am

Forza wrote:I'm not so concerned about van Ginkel because we are just doing Chelsea's youth development for them. It was a move that never made any sense IMO.

hahaha thats true... if he does great job it will be our loss, if not, it will be our loss anyway.
But Van Ginkel is legit talent, and not just talent, he has played wonderful games. i even watched recent u-21 games he played, and even dutch lost two games, he was one of the only few, in fact he was the best player in my opinion.

and i m not just praising him because he is now at milan, i thought this kid was awesome even when he was chelsea and it was just a dream to even see him at milan.

he is a legit talent, and he should get games. the only thing milan will hurt for loosing van ginkel .. is that it would be one of those stories that milan never trust young talents, and they will be reluctant to join the already free falling club.

i dont want that to happen ... but its happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 am

Maybe the youth players we produce aren't any good?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:24 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Maybe the youth players we produce aren't any good?

That's not true at all.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:33 am

A lot are scrubs but that's true of the majority of youth academies. Players such as Auba and Darmian are of the requisite quality to have made it into the team but you'll never keep everyone in the end. Our policy towards youth is clearly not conducive to bringing through many players however.

As regards Van Ginkel though, whether he helps Chelsea or Milan long term is irrelevant in my eyes, we're not in any state to be picky. If he can help the team right now then that's all that should matter. Beggars can't be choosers and if he helps us qualify for the Champions League again then his loan will have been worth it.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:38 am

Forza wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Maybe the youth players we produce aren't any good?                                                            

That's not true at all.

its a mixed one...

i hope i dont get crucified for saying this but... our youth academy or how youth talented is brought up or assessment is not simply good enough. Why am i saying this??

if you look at barcelona, real madrid ajax, arsenal, southampton bayern spanish and german clubs... well all the clubs which has excellent youth system... i have heard a lot that ... just even to get in... the trial is notoriously difficult...

their talent assessment, technical assessment alone is so intense, ... i doubt we have those. because if you look at their youth system, they normally have great talents coming every year in every position.

I have heard that milan youth system in very lower junior ones, almost anyone can join and the technical assessment are not that difficult. in a mid level or senior level ones are ones, where things are taken a bit more serious but I bet we are nowhere near the level of the likes of Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern, etc.

Secondly, i think that Italian FA has been absolutely terrible in supporting clubs. Because I personally think big clubs should be allowed to have B teams. so we will have chance for our youths to play in B teams and prove their worth. and Only the proven worthy ones will be promoted to first team.

Thats why spanish and german teams have always tons of young superstars coming from their youth ranks.

and our talents are shipped to some 3rd or 4th tier clubs and that doesn't help their growth because I personally think playing in lower division will not help them grow at all. If they are playing at higher level, either with senior teams or B teams to prove their worth will give them chance to show their talents.

That's why I desperately wanted Demetrio Albertini to become president because he was the first and only few ones who was absolutely pushing for this cause, to have B teams.

I heard reports that B teams bill is not passed because small teams are afraid of the competition and they heavily protested. Giancarlo Abete was the worst president ever because he always supported small teams... thats we are seeing serie a like this. He didnt want B teams, he also cut club revenue from big teams to evenly distribute amongst small teams.

so anyway, first we need to have just youth system overhauled with very strict technical assessment just like german and spanish team. and we need to have B teams, and we also need Italian FA support to have B teams. and only the proven ones can play at senior team.

I am always impressed how Bayern or Barcelona, always brings only ones who have worked all the way through the ranks. and demote the ones to either B teams or their future is over with the club

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 am

though we have had some very talented players but unfortunately our management nor senior coaches ever trusted them. frankly im sick and tired of hearing that experience players are needed in the club. thats not true whatsoever. we need balance. and  some of our club staffs says oh ... the likes of el shaarawy or mastour is too young ... they will have chance... i m like when??? when they are 26-27????

we have lost some very seriously talented players. aubameyang was top player .. and in youth CL i think he scored like 4 goals against arsenal youth team.

we had verdi, vergara, fossatti petagna, strasser, Andrea Schenetti (who i rate and thought was a tremendous winger with tricks and speed) ... all shipped to some unknown territory and completely forgotten. and ok even if they are playing full games in these clubs would have given some kind of evaluation... but as far as i see, they havent been played at all !!!! these small clubs have players who are so mediocre and just play for living and not professionally, its just hurting our youth player's career.

frankly i want these players to be in some sort of B teams .. or if we dont have B teams then have some kind of handshake relationship with serie B teams in order to grow and give them first team football and that we put some kind of clause with serie B teams that they get atleast full 20 games or something. I would have done that ... in return giving them financial compensation or rights to some players that they want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:52 am

ffs Milan sign her up. Has Maldini in making all over her.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:09 pm

So we're being linked with McCarthy from Everton. I'm just going to assume it's nonsense.

A more concrete link however is Johannes Geis, of Mainz, whose agent has confirmed that contact has been made. He's a 21 year old central midfielder, however I've never watched him. I'd love to hear opinions from anyone more knowledgeable than I.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Merkel 2.0? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Is that text in your avatar new? rofl

Also Merkel was always doomed, he had the stain of our academy on him. You don't escape from the youth team unless Maldini himself crowns you with the holy sweat that drops from Fester's head during the off season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah lmfao

dostoevsky wrote:Also Merkel was always doomed, he had the stain of our academy on him. You don't escape from the youth team unless Maldini himself crowns you with the holy sweat that drops from Fester's head during the off season.

rofl rofl rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:46 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Is that text in your avatar new? rofl

Also Merkel was always doomed, he had the stain of our academy on him. You don't escape from the youth team unless Maldini himself crowns you with the holy sweat that drops from Fester's head during the off season.

Laughing

yeap. I agree with what was being said earlier , most of our youth in the past years weren't anything special tbh. Just consider this , before De Sciglio , Abate and Antonini were the only players that actually played for Milan after 2000. Dat quality Proud

Personally , i don't remember anyone else . Oh right , Matri last season . lol . Darmian was a part of the first team for a few seasons.. not sure if he ever played 1 full game tbh . Shame , he was one of the few that came through each rank iirc. Maybe we should be trying to get Darmian back?

Even Albertazzi , who was hyped once uppon a time , can't even get to the bench on matchdays .

Who else.. Strasser was never anything special either. I am not sure if he's even playing football today .

lel

All in all , the standards in our youth system ain't very high for quite a while now , i agree with Jesp. Best Milan can do and that's where i have placed my last hopes on the youth project , is revolutionise the entire thing , from top to bottom. And keep buying the next Mastour , because we are not going to produce De Sciglios every year ..

I should also like to point out , regardless of the quality , other factors come into play on this matter. For instance , managerial disfunctionality and frequent changes in coaches, will never trully allow for Primavera youngsters to make the jump.. Allegri stayed almost for 4 years and a wild De Sciglio appeared. The circumstances , alongside his quality , made it possible.

Then Seedorf came and had to prove himself , win games e.t.c . Nobody is going to risk his job for a youngster , let alone some of them. Inzaghi is the same. It's not they don't want to. They aren't willing to take the risk , youngsters in general terms aren't a reliable way to build a winning team . It's a great way to build towards that with a mix of experience and youth , but when the experience side is mediocre and the youth side is mediocre too... that's the formula of disaster , for any coach .

At Milan and especially at this point in time , things aren't going so well . No coach would risk with youngsters , especially in the first half of the season . Later on , we shall see.. but when players like Van Ginkel , who have already tossed aside the label of 'youngster' can't feature in and the likes of Essien see 94 min.. it should tell us enough what's really happening.

Inzaghi and basically any coach who has to earn his stay early on , cannot rely on youngsters , nor will he. Unless you're Guardiola and you have a Messi in your team , surrounded by extraordinary players , then no . Once stability returns to the club , i am not sure when and i certainly don't know how , then we will see youngsters featuring in games and why not , become protagonists in time . As things stand right now , it's almost unreal to ask from Inzaghi to risk his job on the next youngster , regardless of our opinion on who does a better job , Essien or Van Ginkel , Bonera or Albertazzi .

Almost all coaches follow this method and it is what it is. When you are established and already have a year or two , it's then most coaches incorporate youngsters , or younger players in general , into their plans.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 am

Is it wrong that the recent Khedira links are getting me excited
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:20 am

oh , so it wasn't just me

good to know we are all desperate
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:17 am

He's a good player but if De Jong extends, is he really necessary? I'd be fine with Khedira---Montolivo---LCM but Khedira---De Jong---Montolivo seems like overkill. Given that we tend to have much the same midfield with Muntari instead, it would represent a massive upgrade, getting through that midfield would be like running through a minefield. He also makes strong off the ball movements into the box and runs forever, however I was rather hoping our next significant midfield acquisition would be a tad more creative.

In any case, I still think he's Premier League bound.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 am

I think he would replace Muntari in the squad, i'm sure he's more technical, smarter and better overall than Muntari. The only quip that i would have is that the midfield will be slow and lethargic, as well qs high wages. But he could bolster us defensivley imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:04 am

Technically he's trash, he's as poor as Sulley is in tight spaces, however he's less selfish and makes better movements in attack, so less of a liability in offence. As you also mentioned he's horrifically slow. Having Khedira in for Modric held back Madrid's midfield under Mourinho, so we should not be under the impression that he's some magic fix. Certainly an upgrade on Muntari, however for his wages he damn well better be. I'd much rather spend the money on a mobile, technical midfielder who can help us hold the ball in the final third. Defensively our midfield is pretty strong as it is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:10 am

Also the rumours surrounding Pazzini's exit have been very loud for a while now, it seems like a January departure could be quite possible. Who would people like to see replace him? The only name that's consistently come up is Kramaric thus far.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Maybe Niang? He looked good against San Lorenzo imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:24 pm

I'd rather give Niang his minutes than pick up some random hack, however I think we're more likely to actually purchase someone given our tendency to invest in attack regardless of the holes elsewhere in the team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:16 pm

We might be getting Suso in January, so i don't know if we'll purchase a forward if thats the case
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Also, we can always recall Matri if worse comes to worst hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:19 pm

We still own Matri?

Laughing

:facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next