waseela
Beautiful Football
futbol
Harmonica
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad | Copa del Rey Semis | Feb 5th, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad | Copa del Rey Semis | Feb 5th, 2013

Post by Harmonica Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:56 pm

That was fairly awful, more luck than quality, as soon as Iniesta brought some additional quality on the field, the team had a second option and it became better.

Messi was a lot, a lot worse in this game, but still probably the best player, which is itself fairly alarming.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad | Copa del Rey Semis | Feb 5th, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad | Copa del Rey Semis | Feb 5th, 2013

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 pm

We suck. Apathy.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 pm

I we playe the same lineup next game, I wont watch it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:26 pm

What does everyone think about Alves this season?

I don't know if you guys agree but he has been really poor going forward. Maybe he is trying to stay back a bit more with Alba going forward but offensively his crossing (15/75 successful in La Liga and 5/24 in CL) has been nowhere near to his crossing in the previous years nor his runs are as dangerous as before.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:30 pm

Why do we seem to start playing like shit every February?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:35 pm

ahem, really, is that you playing shit? I thought you played decent, tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:47 pm

Still see the same Alves as before. Pressing like a maniac, making passes and being his usual self.

I only saw from 65th minute or so, but of the 4 crosses he put in 3 were very good. 1 didnt get past the first player. But crossing numbers dont intrest me because first of all you need targets who win balls for crosses to work and second, Alves was never a consistent crosser even in his best days.

Today (again, from the point I saw) he even made more runs behind than usual, Xavi missed him a couple of times and Alves was visably annoyed but he did continue the runs. Seemed heavily involved from what I saw.

As for the game, again only saw after 65' and obviously with the red card I missed a crucial part because that changes the implications of the performance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:ahem, really, is that you playing shit? I thought you played decent, tbh.

Henk Ten Cate: "I think it was the worst game of the last 6 years."

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Have to agree with that, btw, was he really drunk? He sounded like it pre match.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:01 am

Need Nerman and Iniesta to inject some flair and magic into the squad. Fabregas, Pedro and Sanchez is just too many predictable scrubs at once upfront. Iniesta comes on and all of a sudden you have those magic one-twos with Messi inbetween 10 defenders that were lacking the previous 80 minutes. Add Nerman and it should get even better.

I'm just shit scared that Tata rates Fabregas and will start him in meaningful games. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 am

Masche is back to being a liability. Good thing we didn't sign anyone in winter... Was Barta injured after all?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:22 am

Fußball wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:ahem, really, is that you playing shit? I thought you played decent, tbh.

Laughing

lol really? can't be serious.

I don't know, maybe, as a follower of a vastly inferior league and team my standards are not as sacred as yours, but I thought you played ok, you controlled the game and created opportunities, even if mostly not very convincing ones. You seem a bit defensively weak and uncommitted maybe, but I really can't say that this looked like a terrible performance to me, not by any meaningful definition.

You guys should watch Man Utd once in a while, just to get a feel what it means to play bad.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:12 am

Fußball wrote:

Laughing

Really? He said that? Laughing

He thinks that this performance was worse than against Milan last year in San Siro or against Bayern? If Barca finished their chances better, then we could have been up by a couple of goals in the first half. I mean, both Alexis and Messi missed an open goal, Fabregas miss kicked the ball when he was 1m away from the goal and Messi hit the post from a freekick. For being the worst performance in the last 6 years, we were creating chances with ease while also restricting la Real to only 2 chances.

Compared to those two games that I mentioned before, we had a brilliant game..

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 am

The Franchise wrote:Still see the same Alves as before. Pressing like a maniac, making passes and being his usual self.

I only saw from 65th minute or so, but of the 4 crosses he put in 3 were very good. 1 didnt get past the first player. But crossing numbers dont intrest me because first of all you need targets who win balls for crosses to work and second, Alves was never a consistent crosser even in his best days.

Today (again, from the point I saw) he even made more runs behind than usual, Xavi missed him a couple of times and Alves was visably annoyed but he did continue the runs. Seemed heavily involved from what I saw.

As for the game, again only saw after 65' and obviously with the red card I missed a crucial part because that changes the implications of the performance.

He's the same Alves in terms of intention and attitude. But definitely not the same Alves in terms of speed and difference making. Messi made a couple of passes to him that younger Alves would have gotten and he now Montoyas most of his crossing chances, yesterday 2 or 3 more, without getting any criticism for it, unlike Montoya. Defensively he's still very good but also not a world beater as he was. Since 2-3 years ago Cristiano makes him eat dirt most of the games, while before it was the opposite.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am

Martino - “I had the feeling that some players needed to redeem themselves after the very odd game we played [against Valencia]. I had the feeling that if I left some of those players out I could lose them for the rest of the season.”

So it was that.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 am

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Still see the same Alves as before. Pressing like a maniac, making passes and being his usual self.

He's the same Alves in terms of intention and attitude. But definitely not the same Alves in terms of speed and difference making. Messi made a couple of passes to him that younger Alves would have gotten and he now Montoyas most of his crossing chances, yesterday 2 or 3 more, without getting any criticism for it, unlike Montoya. Defensively he's still very good but also not a world beater as he was. Since 2-3 years ago Cristiano makes him eat dirt most of the games, while before it was the opposite.

No, he isnt quite as fast as he was in terms of speed. No argument there.

Dont agree about Cristiano, most of the games Cristiano does very little but finds a goal. I can think of only 1 or genuine good all around performances. All that has happened is he is finding the net.

As for Montoya, lets not go there with comparisons. It's obvious who is better and we already talked about the differences in criticism and reasons for it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:

No, he isnt quite as fast as he was in terms of speed. No argument there.

Dont agree about Cristiano, most of the games Cristiano does very little but finds a goal. I can think of only 1 or genuine good all around performances. All that has happened is he is finding the net.

As for Montoya, lets not go there with comparisons. It's obvious who is better and we already talked about the differences in criticism and reasons for it.

It's not really that obvious when Alves is outjumped by the shortes player in the league and doesn't add much in attack this days. Yes, Alves is better but the difference is shorter than your statement would suggest.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:12 pm

And Montoya has numerous flaws in his game, in fact there is nothing he does well but make runs on the overlap (which he cant even take advantage of because his horrible touches). Literally every other aspect of his game isnt good enough...he cant defend 1 v 1, his positioning is bad, he also isnt good in the air, his touch is off, his passing is functional at best and when under pressure its bad and now his confidence is totally gone.

Alves doesnt overlap like he used to, occasionally makes the sloppy pass (not the defence at least) and he isnt good in the air...what else?

Anyway what does it matter? If Dani Alves left today, starting Montoya would be a terrible decision. At worst, Adriano should get that position..ideally we would sign someone else. Montoya starting comes somewhere slightly above bringing Michael Reiziger back out of retirement.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:
And Montoya has numerous flaws in his game, in fact there is nothing he does well but make runs on the overlap (which he cant even take advantage of because his horrible touches). Literally every other aspect of his game isnt good enough...he cant defend 1 v 1, his positioning is bad, he also isnt good in the air, his touch is off, his passing is functional at best and when under pressure its bad and now his confidence is totally gone.

Alves doesnt overlap like he used to, occasionally makes the sloppy pass (not the defence at least) and he isnt good in the air...what else?

Anyway what does it matter? If Dani Alves left today, starting Montoya would be a terrible decision. At worst, Adriano should get that position..ideally we would sign someone else. Montoya starting comes somewhere slightly above bringing Michael Reiziger back out of retirement.

Monotya's positioning is good and in the air is probably our best full back at least on par with Adriano. His passing and touch are better than currently showing. I agree that his 1 v 1 is his biggest defensive flaw. Anyway, my point is that we should really think of bringing a new RB, Alves is still very good but he is not a difference maker anymore and keeping him is just holding onto the past. Same as Xavi and Puyol.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 pm

futbol wrote:

Laughing

Truly legit comments from the guy who's been badmouthing Barcelona since the start of the season and can't last with a team for a season before he gets the boot. Let us all take a bow  :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:48 pm

No his positioning isnt good. Every time he gets beat by the same play, someone runs behind his leftside and he doesnt see them.

It happened 3 times last season, the exact same goal. Granted, it has not happened this season, but we still have time.

Being the best fullback for Barca in the air is something like being the most polished turd. I mean, all you have said is he is better in the air than Alba..and Alves who I already said isnt good in the air.

I disagree with bringing in a new rightback, because unlike centerback and midfield, I cant name a rightback who is better than Alves we should sign.

If we want better defensive balance in the fullback position, the answer seems very obvious to me. Make Adriano the back up rightback, toss Montoya out whilst bringing in an actual leftback who can defend and being capable in the air is a big plus and send Alba to the bench, especially against strong opponants.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:29 pm

Not even Valencia played Alba at leftback in meaningful games. Against Barca he always played left wing with Mathieu LB. Lolcelona. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:21 am

We should of signed Mathieu, despite his age. He was a good secondary to Felipe Luis.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 am

You should have done a lot of things lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:31 am

Good point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:44 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Fußball wrote:

Laughing

You guys should watch Man Utd once in a while, just to get a feel what it means to play bad.

Cules are just going too crazy lately.

We won 2-0, kept a clean sheet, had 27 shots, 83% possession, 18 chances.
Yet, its a bad game! unreal!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next