Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Gil
40 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry Announces Retirement

Post by LeBéninois Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 am

Henry , reason why i started supporting Arsenal. At 8years old i got my first football jersey , blue Jersey with Henry written at the back ( with france ). i was so proud ...

2006 CL final  Heart 

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry Announces Retirement

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Gil you think there is a CF nowadays that had the level of prime Henry?

I personally don't.... there isn't a CF nowadays who could have scored 24 goals and 23 assists in 37 league games lol.

Man was ridiculous.

Not comparing Suarez to Henry (probably better off to be compared with Bergkamp who was a genius and my favourite ever non-Liverpool player) but Luis can break that record this season or at the very least, get very close.

Henry was involved in 47 goals (24 scored, 23 assisted) and Suarez is currently on 31 (23 goals, 8 assists) in 20 games.

Luis has had 6 assists alone in 2014, he's dropped deeper a bit to make Sturridge the CF so hence became more of a playmaker so his assists will continue to rise. Will he catch him with 12 games to go? I don't know. But if he wasn't suspended at the start of the season I'm certain he would of done it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:56 am

guest_07 wrote:
farfan wrote:trezeguet > henry .

trezeguet was like zidane (deliver in crucial moment)

henry was like cristiano ronaldo (deliver in daily basis)

in wc or cl,
trezeguet > henry

in league
henry > trezeguet

Yes, like scoring in penalty shootouts in world cup finals. Oh wait  Neutral  silent

Not a dig at Trezegoal as I love the guy as well, just to prove your point wrong.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:19 am

McAgger wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
farfan wrote:trezeguet > henry .

trezeguet was like zidane (deliver in crucial moment)

henry was like cristiano ronaldo (deliver in daily basis)

in wc or cl,
trezeguet > henry

in league
henry > trezeguet

Yes, like scoring in penalty shootouts in world cup finals. Oh wait  Neutral  silent

Not a dig at Trezegoal as I love the guy as well, just to prove your point wrong.

but trezeguet had more crucial goal for france than henry

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 am

From Thierry 'The King' Henry to Giroud :facepalm:

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:28 pm

One of my favourite ever players. This man was Arsenal.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by anh165 Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Highburied wrote:From Thierry 'The King' Henry to Giroud :facepalm:

Giroud is a completely different striker to Henry.

Henry was playing for Arsenal when other teams in the league did not know how to contain them. And even against quality defending, his most important gift - his creative football brain would result in goals and assists.

Giroud is a goal scorer but just as importantly he is a hustler and he wins space (which is limited in the modern game) for his team mate to get a goal scoring opportunity.

anh165
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 pm

anh165 wrote:

Henry was playing for Arsenal when other teams in the league did not know how to contain them. And even against quality defending, his most important gift - his creative football brain would result in goals and assists.

Giroud is a goal scorer but just as importantly he is a hustler and he wins space (which is limited in the modern game) for his team mate to get a goal scoring opportunity.

Giroud is crap compared to Henry. Simple as that.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by anh165 Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:57 pm

zigra wrote:
anh165 wrote:

If Giroud is "crap" compared to Henry, so is most of the strikers in the PL right now.

But your comparison is unrealistic as you are comparing players from 2 different eras, today's football is very intense and defending has become very tight, you need a different type of striker to help the team win games.

anh165
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:03 pm

anh165 wrote:
zigra wrote:
anh165 wrote:

If Giroud is "crap" compared to Henry, so is most of the strikers in the PL right now.

But your comparison is unrealistic as you are comparing players from 2 different eras, today's football is very intense and defending has become very tight, you need a different type of striker to help the team win games.

Lol what are you talking about? Henry was one of the best attacking players of his generation while Giroud isn't even anywhere near the best strikers of the world right now.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm

lol fabian barthez Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm

anh165 wrote:

I become emotional talking about Henry and I become angry comparing him with twats like Giroud.

There is no comparison whatsoever.

Henry was, is and will always be our Legend.

Giroud is just another useless striker... NEXT!!!
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by anh165 Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Highburied wrote:

I become emotional talking about Henry and I become angry comparing him with twats like Giroud.

There is no comparison whatsoever.

Henry was, is and will always be our Legend.

Giroud is just another useless striker... NEXT!!!

Then you shouldn't let your "emotional" fits cloud your judgement.

No one is saying Giroud is good as Henry, but to regard Giroud as useless and "shit" demonstrates irrational thinking and ignorance of the current state of the game.

I wont waste any further time discussing this with people who behave irrationally.

anh165
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Meh, the only ones I can recall matching Henry in his time were Totti & Ronaldo. I'll give a far cry to Del Piero & Raul.

Ibra is at his level if we're talking CF's.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Henry was completely meeeeeh for NT, which is all i really cared about at the time. As a result, i was never a fan. I preferred Trezeguet over him anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Don't think Ibra is at his level. A step below imo. If he was in his prime today he would be between Ronaldo and Ibra. Messi, Ronaldo, Henry, Ibra.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:14 pm

I agree that Henry was the better player when in comparison to Ibra. I also thought Henry was better than Ronaldo. Still do. Same with Totti.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Ibra > Henry and it's not even that close. Ibra > CR7 too btw. Only player that trumps Ibra among the current players is Messi.

Now if you would have mentioned a prime Ronaldinho, R9, etc... sure. Those guys > Ibra. But other than that, no.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Ho-ho! I like were this is going.  Twisted Evil 

Le Sport, CR7's > Messi and I think Ibra falls 3rd to me. If we brought Henry, Totti, and Ronaldo (Brazil) they'd all be bellow Messi and above Ibra. That's how I see it.

C. Ronaldo's not really a CF, anyway.

Last edited by Lord Awesome on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Best forward I have ever seen along with Ronaldo9. No one could match him in his prime. No one today is as good as Henry was(obviously apart from Messi) and I highly doubt there ever will be. He is one of those once a generation players.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:24 pm

I think Ronaldo surprassed him in the last years.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 pm

I actually disagree tbh, Henry was more talented indivudally. His game wasnt just about scoring, his football intelligence was much higher, that's why he was a great point of focus for his team, terrific passer... He was also a lot more talented as a team player, there is no debate about this really.

What you see with Ronaldo nowadays, is a guy taking one aspect of the game, scoring, to extreme levels. It's incredible in itself because he has a complete arsenal to ramp up goals every season. But like i said, football is not tennis, it's a team game, and i believe henry in his prime was a better teammate.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 pm

As a goal scorer Ronaldo has surpassed everyone bar Messi in the last 40 years. But as nick said, Henry was more talented in every way.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:00 pm

As a pure scorer, CR is a monster. but you have guys like R9 that werent putting up the same numbers as CR, but would literally destroy you in big games lol. Football is so much more complex than scoring, and nowadays it's all people talk about
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Yea it's a stat dominated era.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 pm

He really was meh for France NT. To me, was always a disappointment. The man is one such a dominant forward for Arsenal, in the EPL and when he played for France, barely scratching 50% of his sheer awesomeness.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next