Rossoneri Ninja
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
ExtremistEnigma
43 posters

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 21 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:So.....book readers....where tf do these white walkers come from? Why are they even in existence?

Well based on what we know about the show, Millesandre (Stannis's Red Haired priestess) told Stannis's daughter that there are two gods the Lord of Light and "another".

I bet this "Other" is connected to the White Walkers in some way (Remember the name of the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire")

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 21 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:Ok guys, so other than keeping a close eye on an enemy, in what other ways could Tywin and the kingdom benefit in appointing Oberyn as one of the judges in Tyrion's trial?

What can Oberyn get out of it by accepting so willingly?

Like others mentioned Oberyn accepted because Tywin promised him The Mountain.

Why Tywin would want Oberyn there at the first place seems like an attempt to gain an alliance with Dhorne. Remember Dhorne is the only region that did not get conquered by Aegon The Conqueror and with Deanerys in the background Tywin is already preparing for another "invasion".

Also, he probably just wants to unite as much of the kingdom as possible under his influence.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Great episode :bow:

For me, the storyline up North is the best currently. Can't wait for the next episode.

Also why did the mutineers not just kill Ghost instead of locking him up  confused
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Man Jaime is turning fast into one of my favorite characters. :bow:

Love between Tyrion and Jaime is stronger than the one between Cersei and Jaime.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:35 pm

When did Ghost get captured again lmao?

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

They are making the direwolves such pussies in the show :facepalm:

Grey Wind dying without a fight :facepalm:

Summer falling in a trap :facepalm:

Ghost being captured :facepalm:

Legendary creatures my ass.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 pm

The thing with Danys story arc is it's disliked for a reason

It's probably the only major storyline in GOT that is a set of people we know (Dany & co.) going up against people we know pretty much nothing about, and interacting with random scrubs (The slavemasters)

Whereas every other story has been two or more sets of characters we're invested in and know. I.E Starks - Lannisters
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Dem white walkers :bow:

Brienne naming her sword "Oathkeeper" :bow:

Littlefinger with some dope lines to Sansa this episode :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Littlefinger is 100% boss
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Littlefinger scares the shit out of me. The guy is so devious and powerful. He's indeed the lord of chaos. If I was a king I'd kill him right away. No questions asked.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:34 pm

We've seen a glimpse of how Dany might rule, which i thought was intriguing a bit. She's shown that she would opt for absolute justice, and not a whisker of mercy.

I think that will bar her way to the Iron Throne imo, she can show off her dragons all she likes but without wisdom (As Tyrion said hmm) a king or queen will never succeed.

Robb Stark was a man of justice, and look where he ended up after serving justice one a platter to Rickard Karstark hmm

This is why i love Lord Baelish (And to some extent Varys). Information is power. You can have all the White Walkers, all the Dragons, all the demons and all the overpowered Gods. But you can't do a thing if your enemy doesn't know where you are, or more importantly, who you are.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Dany will die before she gets a chance to rule Westeros imo. Being too ruthless will do her in.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Dany's storyline is the only unrealistic thing about game of thrones, not the dragons, but the part about a female being the ruler of an army, etc. She will never win the iron throne. Back 2 kitchen ffs.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Another great episode from a great show.

It's great to read everyone's thoughts on the previous episodes and what they think will happen but there are way too many book readers talking way too much in this thread so it's time for me to GTFO.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:49 am

Imo there should be a thread for pure show watchers, while this one can be used for show watchers+ book readers without spoilers, and the book thread can be used to discuss the books+show with full spoilers imo hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:51 am

What's wrong with this thread? I HATE spoilers with a passion and I have not noticed any spoilers in this thread. What's the complain about?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 am

I think elitedam is complaining about Zeal throwing in some hints hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:54 am

Yeah I've been saying since S2 there should be a 100% TV show thread. In fact, I may make one when this thread fills up 50odd pages.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:08 am

Dany = Joffery with a vagina and a kind heart. Both incest babies who don't listen when big people are speaking, and both have/had delusions of grandeur.

What she calls justice is not actually justice, slave owners committed no crimes, stood no trial. She want to be a autocrat, but she want to free everybody. She want to preach justice, but just kill people with no grounds Laughing

Where she will go will be interesting. Depends on if the producers have the courage to throw her under, don't think they will. She's the most popular charachter.

McAgger wrote:Littlefinger scares the shit out of me. The guy is so devious and powerful. He's indeed the lord of chaos. If I was a king I'd kill him right away. No questions asked.

You see more than a king sees. Littlefinger, to most of these guys looks like an ass kisser who bought a title. Only Varys sees Littlefinger.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 am

Krastus actually thinking providing his sons is gonna keep he and his daughters/wives safe from the White Walkers whilst he is rather providing them with an able army of sons instead.....

dat dere delusion Proud
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:03 am

Craster*

And for some of you that don't know there are two different kinds of those monsters. White Walkers and Wights.

White Walker
Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 21 250px-White_Walker_2x10

Wight
Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 21 250px-Wight

Wights are those that have been killed by white walkers and resurrect like happened in season 2(?) at Castle black when the dead ranger resurrected and Jon Snow saved the Lord Commanders life.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 am

Forgot to mention, Hodor Sad

Hope Jon kills those pos'  Mad 
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 am

The white walkers are *bleep* badass tbh :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:41 am

Firenze wrote:Dany's storyline is the only unrealistic thing about game of thrones, not the dragons, but the part about a female being the ruler of an army, etc. She will never win the iron throne. Back 2 kitchen ffs.

Women have led armies in our history. It's rare, but not at all unrealistic. In terms of Dany, I think it's maybe a bit obvious that GRRM is drawing inspiration from the Ancient British Warrior Queen Boudica, who rebelled (successfully, I might add) against the Roman Empire. Her story parallels that of Dany's in a couple of ways.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:20 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I think elitedam is complaining about Zeal throwing in some hints hmm

Read his posts, there are no hints in there.

There were spoilers in the last thread but there hasn't been any clue or a spoiler since the 1st episode.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Another fantastic episode.

Kings Landing

They tried to show that Cersei wasn't raped when she barely mentioned the incident or any sort of hate regarding that incident. She was unhappy about other things instead. Also Jaime's redemption :bow: Loved his act of giving her Ned's sword and asking her to find Sansa and keep her safe. How the f will she find her in the Eyrie though Laughing Pod and her will make an interesting combo.

So we finally got it confirmed that Lady Olenna did poison joffrey with the partnership with Littlefinger. That was out of the blue since they both never even met. Littlefinger though :bow: such a cunning man. He thinks he is controlling Olenna lol but Olenna seems equally as cunning and not predictable as littlefinger implied.

Bronn's scenes are great. Jaime seems to be improving.

Mereen

I really don't know what's so boring about Daenerys? GoT is full of action but not all arcs have to be about wars and white walkers and fighting. Daenerys was a girl running away like 3 years ago. She has to do all of this to learn how to rule. How to command an army.

I was disappointed how easy it was to take over the city though.

North

Locke winning Jon's friendship lol. He is so going to stab him in the back. Interesting turn of events with Bran being captured and Ghost being captured. If Jon is on his way to Crasters keep, then obviously a fight is in the cards.

With that pos(don't even know his name) acting as the leader at crasters and saying he is the best at fighting. Pretty sure Locke will challenge/fight him and earns Jon's trust even more.

Wonder if Bran will finally meet Jon. Think he will sneak out when the fight is going on.

The ending holy shit :bow: :bow: Thought it was Sepiroth at first Laughing then thought it was Ned Stark or Stannis rofl but the king white walker looks scary as f. What he did to the baby Shocked They have a mad army in the make.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next