Mamad
Zealous
LeVersacci
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 pm

You're not wrong but Di Maria has played in midfield for most of the season. Playing him as a winger all of a sudden is typical tinkering and fixing what isn't broken.

Isco is more dangerous in Ronaldo's position than he is in midfield as well.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Marca don't know anything about us these days.

Regardless, we have got players out there who can just switch positions if it doesn't work out. With Illarra that would have been impossible. Hence why we only got better after Isco came on against Dortmund

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:52 pm

We need guile more than speed anyway since Alves (and Alba) have the fitness to keep up so yeah, Isco in CR's position would be most ideal.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Starting 11:

Pinto; Alves, Mascherano, Bartra, Alba; Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Neymar, Cesc, Messi

Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao, Modric, Xabi, Di Maria, Bale, Benzema, Isco.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Are we conserving energy with Bayern in mind or something?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Are we conserving energy with Bayern in mind or something?

Nah, the midfielders literally have no one up front to pass to so pressure can be relieved.

It's just Di Maria running from deep and Bale and Benzema hanging out wide, no runs into space or in behind the fullbacks.

This was to be expected, but here's hoping we can still pull this off.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Congrats Madrid fans Thumbs up
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Benzema with another Zidane performance

I dont mean it in a good way, the guy just straight up refuses to make runs towards goal Laughing

Got to give creds though, excellent link up play and overall game. But he seriously needs to become a goal threath too
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Swear, this was the most defensive sound performance I have seen RM do in quite some time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Doc wrote:Swear, this was the most defensive sound performance I have seen RM do in quite some time.

Has some to do with their attack being rubbish and our mids not venturing 20 feet away from the defense the majority of the game.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 pm

two words....HALA MADRID
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 pm

I've seen us been terrible against the likes of Hey-Tafe and Grenada so Barcelona's attack being rubbish (was not that bad) holds no water in this instance...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 pm

BALE has earned his stripes.....everyone did the club proud.....super excited....once again HALA MADRID
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 pm

If Bale and Benz took more of their chances.... Laughing

Either way, well done lads.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Grenada hmm

But seriously, the majority of teams in the league are good attacking teams, the difference is, against most of them we're initiators, so there's space for them to operate in.

The pace of this game was way too slow for them to threaten, it was like a Spain game (relatively). In a competitive game don't really expect more than a goal or two, because when you take away the space, we don't have enough movement or width to create it. Same with Barca today.

This won't work against Bayern, though I think Carlo will re-align things, which will help...and just effort. I feel like this was about 60%
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Bale and Benz do most of the things very well but in front of the goal they just become stupid.

so many times they chose to do the wrong thing and so many times they didn't pass the ball to each other in front of the goal.

Benz did well on the first goal and Bale did great on the second one but if we lost this game it was on them.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Rushed play from di maria and Benz ruined few chances and gave them possession.. we need to play calm.

Happy we won. It's not easy to contain a barca attack in a final.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 pm

TBF, Benz and Bale have played with CR alongside them for the majority of the season so they have never really had been called upon to be the main attacking outlet for the team.

You saw this with how Di Maria played and the other Mids. Benz and Bale don't run into pace or make the nescessary runs to pull players away from the ball, this led to them just waiting on the wings most of the time and forced the Mids to hold onto the ball for long spells of the game because they didn't have an outlet.

They are both going have to have to take on more attacking responsibilty in the coming weeks.

But, we won anyway. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Se7en wrote:Benzema with another Zidane performance

I dont mean it in a good way, the guy just straight up refuses to make runs towards goal Laughing

Got to give creds though, excellent link up play and overall game. But he seriously needs to become a goal threath too

Chad, take a hike.

If we had a more clinical finisher in Benzema's position, we would've scored so many more goals against Barcelona and other top teams; not just now, but in the past, as well. I think I've been patient enough with Benzema, during his stay at this club. I even used to be one of few people on this forum that was defending his poor performances. His link-up play may be excellent, but it does not compensate for his overall lack of quality up front. I've lost count of how many attacks he has squandered due to the poor quality of his finishing, decision-making, being in off-side for the umpteenth time, holding the ball for too long, lack of confidence, or just fumbling away the ball in crucial situations. I used to be a big fan of his, and I've been watching him play since he was in his teens... but he just doesn't provide the attacking quality that I think we should expect of him. I'm tired of trying to find positives in his overall play. He is, by far, our weakest link in attack... and I firmly believe that his lack of a killer instinct and decisiveness in attack is hurting our offensive efficiency significantly. I think he's been at this club long enough, and god knows he's had more than enough opportunities to shine. He breaks up our attacks more often than he contributes to it, and I've gotten really sick and tired of it. I genuinely look forward to the day when we let him go, and it will bring me joy to see the fans of his next club of destination excuse his lack of offensive threat by pointing towards his talent at link-up play, or that one goal he scored out of 20 chances. His improvement since joining us back in 2009 has hardly been impressive, and I think the club and the fans have been extremely patient with him, up until now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 BlX-c_OCEAAQxHx

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Bale's run on left flank looked like Ronaldo running on left flank on FIFA 13. Unbelievable pace. It was funny that Bartra gave up after shouldering Bale - either he didn't expect him to recover or simply couldn't keep pace. It shocked Barca. Amazing stuff..

Apart from Di Maria, glad to see Isco doing well. I think Varane should have played tonight.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Real Madrid goalkeeper, Iker Casillas was elated following his side’s 1-2 Copa del Rey finals win over arch-rivals Barcelona and rembered winger Jese, who helped them get to this point but was sidelined for the season with an ACL tear.

In his post-match interview, Casillas spoke about winning yet another trophy and praised his team.

“The team had a fabulous competition. It was a great game. Both teams had their share of scoring chances and we are the worthy victors. I’m happy for the fans that came and I’m happy for the team. Now we need to remember a kid who’s going through a rough time, Jese. He’ll be with us soon enough.

“The last shot off the post scared me. It was a play between the lines and it hit off the post. It’s good to have luck sometimes. Also, congratulations to Barcelona who played a great game today. Now we’re thinking about La Liga and the Champions League.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Real Madrid goalkeeper, Iker Casillas was elated following his side’s 1-2 Copa del Rey finals win over arch-rivals Barcelona and rembered winger Jese, who helped them get to this point but was sidelined for the season with an ACL tear.

In his post-match interview, Casillas spoke about winning yet another trophy and praised his team.

“The team had a fabulous competition. It was a great game. Both teams had their share of scoring chances and we are the worthy victors. I’m happy for the fans that came and I’m happy for the team. Now we need to remember a kid who’s going through a rough time, Jese. He’ll be with us soon enough.

“The last shot off the post scared me. It was a play between the lines and it hit off the post. It’s good to have luck sometimes. Also, congratulations to Barcelona who played a great game today. Now we’re thinking about La Liga and the Champions League.”

We love u cap.  cheers 

Animo JESE
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 pm

hey all, i'd say coentrao did well too no? he kept things clean at the back, maintained poise in giving that pass to bale....but that bale run, even henry during the peak of his powers at arsenal where he would boss the left flank ; i don't think ever made a run like that
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

That Bale run ffs
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 pm

titosantill wrote:hey all, i'd say coentrao did well too no? he kept things clean at the back, maintained poise in giving that pass to bale....but that bale run, even henry during the peak of his powers at arsenal where he would boss the left flank ; i don't think ever made a run like that

I agree. he was decent. He was better of the back 4 tonight.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next