The favourite? It's a done deal. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Luis Enrique Sack Watch Empty Re: Luis Enrique Sack Watch

Post by Art Morte Sat May 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Luis Enrique? He had a good season with Celta, but I would have gone for someone with more experience.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat May 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Why people (Barca Fans) so bitter with Tata!!! It was his first season and he haven't been poor.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 18, 2014 3:27 am

It's because he's not from there duh
They need someone who understands how the club works/operates
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 18, 2014 3:44 am

:facepalm:
At least he won't ask again Gago , Osvaldo and Jose Angel as purchases...
iftikhar wrote:Why people (Barca Fans) so bitter with Tata!!! It was his first season and he haven't been poor.

Tata was to define himself inadeguate for Barcellona
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun May 18, 2014 8:16 am

iftikhar wrote:Why people (Barca Fans) so bitter with Tata!!! It was his first season and he haven't been poor.

I was defending him up to the point he was repeating the same mistake over an over. So not all of us are bitter, but most of us think he is not good for Barca.

To put thinks in perspective:

How many times we faced ATM this season?
How many times we looked like we will never score, and they will equalize even if we do?
How many times Tata tried something new?

And this thing went on with many other teams as well!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

Isn't it normal that a new manager will take time to sort out his strategy, squad etc. He isn't just new, he came from another continent.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 am

iftikhar wrote:Isn't it normal that a new manager will take time to sort out his strategy, squad etc. He isn't just new, he came from another continent.

The fact of the matter is Barca fans and players haven't gotten over losing Pep yet.
They were never going to accept Tata, as far as I remember their season was going great until player power reared its head.
But that is maybe to be expected. A rule of thumb says it takes half the time a relationship lasted to get fully over it after a breakup.
Barca and Pep were together for 4 years, and it was real love, the kind you don't experience often, so you can expect they'd need two years to be able to commit themselves again after they had been left.
So maybe in summer they'll be open for someone new again.

But if they think their problems are  mainly down to Tata's inadequacy I think they may be in for a rude awakening.
They're still applying the standard of a brief period of perfection, when they had some of the best players in history at their peak with a perfect coach for them, and everything clicked.
These players are not at their peak anymore, which is natural, and other players haven't been developed, which may take a little time.

If they think their season was bad you can't help but think they are pretty spoilt.
Now they're pointing to Tata himself saying he's not good enough lol. The guy is a nice and humble person, that's why he's not making a stink.
He came in late, from Argentine, practically didn't get to make a single transfer himself, dealing with a level of player power even a manager of huge natural authority and ruthlessness would have trouble to
overcome. I mean Messi ffs.
I guess he probably indeed was too nice and unimposing for the task, but who knows who would've done better.

But as I said, it doesn't matter. He was never going to be good enough, as it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Things take their time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Sticking to your philosophy is fine to an extent, but ever since Guardiola, Barcelona seem to have become obsessed with tiki-taka managers who preferably have been at the club before. If / when they're going to appoint Enrique next. Yet that style doesn't seem to be as effective for them as is used to be. Probably the players, too, would welcome a refreshing change, I dunno.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun May 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:Sticking to your philosophy is fine to an extent, but ever since Guardiola, Barcelona seem to have become obsessed with tiki-taka managers who preferably have been at the club before. If / when they're going to appoint Enrique next. Yet that style doesn't seem to be as effective for them as is used to be. Probably the players, too, would welcome a refreshing change, I dunno.

Who says anything about tiki taka? That word is meaningless. Barcelona have had a particular attacking philosophy since Cruyff came and left. Even under Rijkaard the team played attacking football. What refreshing change? Counter attack? The philosophy has won them 3 champions leagues. Ironically their worst season came when this man deviated so far away from what made them great. If done correctly it is amazing, just like any other style. Enrique will come in and while it would not be the same as Peps, the philosophy of attacking football will still be there, which is what Barcelona are about.

Tata came in and tried changing a team to something they are not good at doing and they dint have the players for. It would be like trying to play a progressive slow passing game with Ronaldo. It lacks common sense and is counter intuitive.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Hans makes some valid points and I don't have any hard feeling towards Tata. If you browse through various Barca communities you will see many supporters feel the same and wish him well for the future and feel sorry for him as the circumstances weren't the best this season yet still welcome change.

Paper thin defense as it is but on top of that long-term injuries to Valdes, Pique and Alba in the most crucial moments (3/5 of the starting defense).

Nerman circus.

Messi's contract, injury and tax issues. His worst season ever. If Messi played anywhere near the level he did in previous years that alone would have been enough to win La Liga easily.

Transfer ban.

Tito's death.

Decline of key players (Puyol semi-retired, Xavi, Alves ...).

No depth. To change the outcome of a game Tata had options to sub in dos Santos, Sergi Roberto and dos Santos.

BUT: Tata's tactics still didn't help one bit. He tried to make Barca more direct but it only resulted in players hoofing and rushing the play and looking completely clueless, i. e. Alves crossing balls to Messi. Especially when the opponent pressed we couldn't keep the ball with the best players in the world at keeping the ball. When Atletico had the incentive to attack after being down a goal we couldn't get out of our half yesterday. 8 corners for Atletico. They played higher up the pitch in Camp Nou and spent more time in Barca's half.

He publicly came out multiple times and said he "couldn't read the game correctly" when asked why he didn't make changes when Barca was visibly struggling on the pitch in some games.

He kept playing the same lineup (all the big names) in every single meaningful game, regardless of the form of Alexis Sanchez he got dropped every time.

I don't think I have seen Barca outplayed so many times in a single season since 2007. Even when we lost game to Bayern or Madrid that was just teams sitting back, pouring forward on the break into space and then sitting back again. I wouldn't call that "outplaying". I mean outplayed in a pure footballing sense as in "we can't keep the ball and the opponent strings passes together in our half and we can't do anything about it".

The team looked more like a bunch of individuals than a collective.

He didn't even know how to utilize Messi properly. He put him between the centerbacks like a targetman and let Alves cross balls over his head. Messi was clearly instructed to stay upfront and not interfer with the buildup. But he's essential in advancing the ball forward through the center. If he stays upfront the ball will naturally go wide and the wide players will have no other option but to cross. This kind of play wasn't seen under Tata all season long:

Luis Enrique Sack Watch Di-0GRZ

Luis Enrique Sack Watch Di-NOHT

I could go on but I'm too lazy now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Just one thing: Luis Enrique will be a success as he knows Barca inside out. From being a player to being a youth coach. He knows the politics, he knows La Liga, he knows the players, he knows the style. He's a disciplined and authoritarian personality. Don't know about trophies but he'll be a success in making Barca play like Barca again, that's a given. Adding some freaking defenders so we don't concede 20 corner goals in a season should also help.

If the rumours are true that he rejected D. Luiz and asked for Benatia instead that alone makes him automatically the 5th best coach in Barca history already before even coaching a single game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Enrique signed a 2 year contract.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 7:12 pm

MT. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Enrique, during his time as Barcelona B coach.

Luis Enrique Sack Watch BoBLsitIQAALbpr

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Mon May 19, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Enrique signed a 2 year contract.

Luis Enrique Sack Watch GmRfm

This is not going to end well for my club.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon May 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Welcome.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoBMPx6IEAE3WFS.png

eco smile 
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Luis Enrique Sack Watch Pep

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchez04 Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Alves doesnt cross to messi's head he crosses wherever he wants. Not everything built around messi this season. This was the mistake. Tata tried to make it less messi dependable and failed

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Luis Enrique was officially presented as the new manager of Barcelona on Wednesday, demonstrating his charisma and personality during the press conference, looking forward to the challenges that await and confident he can help the club move forward with their ambitions.

With a beaming grin that he could barely contain, there’s absolutely no doubts that as he began his presentation press conference as the new Barcelona manager, Luis Enrique was absolutely thrilled at the opportunity.

“Today is a very exciting day for me. It’s a very special day because when I left Barca B it was more of a ‘see you later’ from the club, rather than a goodbye and now the club have kept their word.”

“For me, today is a day that fulfils everything that you could possibly hope for as a manager. Not only because this is the first club that showed confidence in me when I didn’t have experience as a manager and I worked with Barca B, but also because coaching the first-team is something I didn’t think might happen for years and because if you plan for such marvellous things, normally they don’t happen.”

“I hope to remain faithful to myself as a person and alongside my coaching team. This same afternoon, we’ll start to deciding on what’s important for the season ahead, that I hope will culminate in a good season for the club. I’m looking forward to listening to the Barca anthem in the Camp Nou as manager and most of all, enjoying myself.”

Enrique knows that he’ll have to get quickly to work, as his era as manager of Barcelona begins.

“The first thing I need to do is get to know everything, because even though I have a past at this club, I need to reacquaint myself with different things, get to know things that have changed since I was here last, such as the new Masía, as well as what’s going on right now and sitting down to go through things with Andoni.”

Animated, lively and always with good humour, he couldn’t resist teasing the gathered journalists, when they asked him to describe himself.

“Describe myself? Tall, dark, handsome…”

“Well, more than being a football manager, I’d say I’m a leader. Capability is something you can measure in many aspects. Now, you don’t just have to be a tactician or a coach, you also have to manage the egos of players and manager a locker room. I’ll try to encompass everything it means to be a leader, faithful to my principals and that’s what you’ll see from me here.”

Asked to describe his final days at Celta Vigo, as well as his thoughts about how things turned out for Barca last season, Enrique didn’t want to delve into the past, preferring to think only about what lies ahead for himself, but did acknowledge that as a fan, he too suffered after the team ended up without any major silverware.

“Even though there’s no sunshine today, when I left my house this morning, it’s like there was a huge sun shining and I thought to myself… ‘Madre Mía… I’m going to manage Barca!’ What happened last season for me at Celta Vigo is in the past now. What happened with Barca last season, is also in the past. The end of the season I was living through it just like any other fan, suffering and hoping the team would win the title, but in the end, it wasn’t to be.”

Inevitably, Enrique was asked about what he things of Lionel Messi, his form, his goalscoring, if he’s been up to his best this season…

“I’m thrilled and delighted to have the best player in the world, in our squad. That’s a fact that’s impossible to forget and it motivates me immensely. It amazes me that if he doesn’t score hundreds of thousands of goals, people think he’s doing badly. Messi brings much more than goals to the team. He’s a crucial player, essential and unique. Hopefully working with me, he’ll demonstrate his best version and that’s what we’ll be working on. There’s not just Messi though, we’ll be doing the best we can with Iniesta, Neymar, everyone and most of all, the young players from our youth system.”

As for the style and substance of how his Barca will play, Enrique insisted that he won’t deviate too much away from their traditions, whilst trying to ensure that along with good quality attacking football, there’s also end product.

“My style of play is attacking, just as Barcelona has been recognised for in recent years. It’ll be attractive football that has engaged thousands of fans, not just Barca fans, but thousands of fans around the world who like the way Barca play their football. We’ll also have to defend too, but we’ll be playing the same kind of way. Hopefully I can show a style of football that’s both very attractive and very effective.”

“The systems, 4-3-3, 5-3-2, or whatever… they’re just tactical systems we work on with the players, but in the end, what we have to achieve is an overall tactical plan that we can adapt to the players we have and how we’re trying to play. What’s clear to me is that the tactical plan will be even more associative.”

Asked if he will be rigid or strict with his players, Enrique suggested not, preferring good communication instead, to resolve any problems or to get his ideas across to the players.

“I don’t know what you’re suggesting by a heavy hand. I’m always positive, so you don’t need to worry about that. I’m going to manager the players the same way I have at Celta or Roma. My job is to motivate them and ensure that the mentality of each player is also global for the team. I don’t think there needs to be a heavy handed approach. I think we all need plenty of communication, all together in our work and demanding of ourselves in training.”

A keen cyclist, Enrique joked that bikes won’t form a part of Barca training sessions, before explaining how he expects to manage that aspect of his work.

“So nobody goes crazy, don’t worry, I’m not going to be getting bikes out in training! I prefer working with the ball. The most important thing is that players enjoy training sessions and take advantage of every day they train. From there, if there’s any doubts or problems in communication, we’ll confront them, but what has to be clear is that by working all together, we’re much stronger as a team.”

“I already know that the Barca players train well. In training there has to be intensity and in the end, you play as well as you train. There will be a good level of intensity in training sessions this year. The players always need to train well, in order to compete well.”

The choice of a new captain, following the departure of Carles Puyol, is something that will need to be addressed, with Xavi the favourite for the role. Enrique explained that it’s something they discussed, whilst also suggesting that rather than one or two captains, he hopes that every member of his team will act like captains and have a feeling responsibility.

“Xavi is a friend and a former team-mate, I can always speak wonders about him. The time has come for us to sit down, talk and see what Xavi wants, what things we want and get things decided.”

“In any group or any team, there’s a number of players with more weight or presence than others, but that doesn’t mean that the others don’t have to stand up and be counted. With me, everyone will stand up and be counted.”

With many changes expected, many transfer rumours and never ending gossip and speculation, when it comes to who’ll be coming or going this summer, Enrique tried to nip such lines of questioning in the bud.

“I’ve only just got here! Obviously I know the Barca team very well and I know that you’re all keen to know what players might go, what signings we’ll make, but your work goes a lot faster than ours does. Suffice it to say that there will be changes, we’re going to touch on different positions. We’re going to reinforce the squad the best way we can. Also, you can’t for get that there’s a transfer market, you’ve got to manage things around that and negotiate. In general lines, whichever are the best players for the club, will also be the best for me.”

“We’ll not speak any more about specific names. We’ve got time to do that and some of these players have an important date with the World Cup to think about next. After that, we’ll start to evaluate things and at the right time, we’ll make the necessary decisions and keep you all informed.”

Deulofeu and Rafinha return and are expected to form a key part of the first-team squad this season, which Enrique welcomed, along with the opportunity to keep promoting more young players through the youth system at Barcelona, so long as they prove themselves worthy of elevation to the youth team squad, by working hard and earning their chances.

“I’m love supporting the young players, but what I’ll demand from them is an abundance of hunger that has to be demonstrated in each and every training session. I’ll invite them to train with the first-team squad and the door will be open to all the players from Barca B and the youth teams, but they’ll have to be very deserving and ready to prove themselves. They must be ambitious and live for and what it means to be a player in the Barcelona first-team.”

Clearly there are few jobs bigger than that of being manager of Barcelona. Enrique feels he’s ready for the challenge, the expectations about how the team must play and the demands to be successfully winning trophies at the same time. In short, he’s not in the slightest fearful of the challenge he faces.

“I’m already aware of the demands of being at Barca. I’m coming here in an era in which Barca has been a global reference and has won countless titles. The Barca fans are used to watching a style of football that’s out of this world and it’s difficult for them to get used to anything else. I’ll take this challenge on knowing that whilst it’s winning trophies that matters most of all, it’s not just about winning them any old way. That’s not worth anything to me.”

“Scared? I’m not scared of anything. Today is one of the happiest days of my life, I’m thinking of my family, of people who love me and I can’t stop smiling.”

Before continuing to discuss various other matters, in what was a lengthy press conference, one further highlight was not so much an aversion by Enrique to being compared to Pep Guardiola, but rather an aversion to being compared with anyone else. He prefers to strike his own path and be judged accordingly for what he does.

“Don’t compare me to Guardiola because, well… there’s always comparisons. I send my greetings to Pep, because we always keep in contact. We’re not just friends, our wives are too and that always makes things easier. Sure, I’d love to be like Pep, but you’ll just have to get used to me instead! I’ve started on my own path at a club like Barca and we’ll have to wait and see if I’m up to expectations.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/109059/enrique-ill-try-to-encompass-everything-it-means-to-be-a-leader/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed May 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Barcelona 1996-97: Coaches of Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, Porto, PSG, Valencia ...

Luis Enrique Sack Watch BoMNyMxIQAA7aM7
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Cruyffism dominating world of football. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor