Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 18 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:13

This is something to do with the next episode. It's not a book spoiler or even related to any story n shit.

But if you don't want to get hyped for the next episode prematurely and want to watch it casually without any sort of outside interference then DON'T read this

Spoiler:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 18 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:14

bah gawd

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:16

Okay my quick thoughts about the episode.
I for one thought it wasn't up to episode 9 standards.
It was good, but I would put the Battle of Blackwater ahead of this one.
Ygritte's death wasn't that emotional.
And what was that about Aemon telling Sam about his old love life Laughing seriously was that filler?
Proud for my man Jon who stood up and took leadership when needed. Thought that fight between him and The Then leader was BOSS. Better than Thorne's with Tormund.

What I got most excited about though was the end - Jon walking out of them doors to find Mance Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:17

LMAOO nonsense! "Swag is for boys, class is for men" complete nonsense! rofl Littlefinger has the most swag in all of Westeros(or whatever the whole country is called Laughing) and is STILL smarter and more tactical than your boy Stannis by A COUNTRY MILE. Stannis is nothing without Davos. As Tom said, Stannis is generic as hell. How many times has that "rightful heir" BS been spewed over and over again in books and movies over the years? There's really nothing special or outstanding about Stannis that should earn him such a cult following. But I'm not a book reader and I'm judging strictly based on the show.....and based on the show? He's BORING.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:17

And what was that about Aemon telling Sam about his old love life seriously was that filler?

Nah they were building Aemon's character up because of his lack of screen time lately.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:23

When I say generic I mean generic in an everyday sense. He's not a perfect hero or a twisted villain

He's sensible, he's rational he's completely down the middle. Ordinary is a better word.

That's not a bad thing but I don't see the hype for somebody who's pretty ordinary as a character.

The 'rightful heir' crap doesn't sit with me. There is no rightful heir because somewhere along the line somebody takes the throne by force, and then he dies and a relative of the man who had no right to take the throne in the first place thinks he has a special claim.

His claim is legit, but it's not rightful, no ones is imo

It's like me stealing £500,000 from a bank (Pls go NSA i'm making a point u pos)

And then my kid moaning when I die from a coke overdose and the authorities seize the money.

"But that was my dads money I am the rightful heir to the stolen moneh"
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:27

Tomwin Lannister wrote:When I say generic I mean generic in an everyday sense. He's not a perfect hero or a twisted villain

He's sensible, he's rational he's completely down the middle. Ordinary is a better word.

That's not a bad thing but I don't see the hype for somebody who's pretty ordinary as a character.

The 'rightful heir' crap doesn't sit with me. There is no rightful heir because somewhere along the line somebody takes the throne by force, and then he dies and a relative of the man who had no right to take the throne in the first place thinks he has a special claim.

It's like me stealing £500,000 from a bank (Pls go NSA i'm making a point u pos)

And then my kid moaning when I die from a coke overdose and the authorities seize the money.

rofl rofl rofl rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:29

Tomwin Lannister wrote:When I say generic I mean generic in an everyday sense. He's not a perfect hero or a twisted villain

lmfao Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:32

Also don't get the Stannis love...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:36

Westeros rights of conquest laws are clear. The throne is under Barratheon control now. If someone conquers the realm again it will be theirs under the rights of conquest. And even disregarding that, Joffrey/Tommen are bastards who have literally no right. It is Stannis' duty to get rid of them and put the true Barratheons. Stannis is a morally grey character with multiple dimensions to his personality. He does not need "swag" being the badass he is.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:40

That's all nice and all but.....still doesn't make him badass. Didn't even have the balls to fight Renly ffs smh.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:40

@BB In my opinion, the key difference is that

A. In the show, they don't detail Stannis extensive accomplishments.

B. A combination of mediocre acting and the fact that the show is designed for you to identify with the Starks. Stannis went against Robb and Tyrion, two of the more loved guys on the show, which makes him the enemy.

Here are the key things you probably don't know about Stannis:

Spoiler:

This man is far and away the best canidate for king in the series. Period.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:42

ffs Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:43

Blue Barrett wrote:That's all nice and all but.....still doesn't make him badass. Didn't even have the balls to fight Renly ffs smh.

He challenged Renly to a one on one which Renly declined. He is smart and knows that it would be better to have one death than thousands. With one stroke he destroyed one half of his enemies and had half of Renly's army join him. That is intelligence. And you forgot Blackwater? That was top class badassery.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:57

http://giant.gfycat.com/SaltyMasculineIcelandicsheepdog.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:58

Great post Le Sam. Yeah , Stannis is under rated in the show. But there is a reason.

Anyway , i can understand why it seems like that to people who have only been watching the show . But even from that , i would never presume him generic , boring or just ordinary . He's not that. He's a hard man , full of fury and justice and values . Someone who would well fix the wrongs others have made , but in cold blooded justice , without remote. Like he did with Davos , when he cut his fingers off because of his past. Despite saving him and who knows how many more , including his own wife.

Stannis did his part in following others , like every leader should be doing first of all . And when his moment came , leadership was stollen from him. From a man that is a natural leader , however despised. Now , i can't say if he's the very best , but one of the best kings Westeros could have , that he is for sure.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 21:59

http://gfycat.com/RigidPerfumedAsianlion#
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:04

the Olly gifs Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:09

http://giant.gfycat.com/CrispBlandArmadillo.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:17

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:38

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Not really interested in Branns story arc or the people he's with lol

I'm sure he has a big part to play but i'd rather not suffer through hours of meh dialogue between kids and Hodor.

u wot m8??
Bran is mah main man/warg Smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:43

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

So very true. Guys make themselves dictators by using military force and people root for their children to become the next dictators because they are their children.. wtf is wrong. Kill 'em all and build a democracy  :coffee: 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:49

http://giant.gfycat.com/IdleDamagedKiskadee.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 10 Jun 2014, 23:15

STANNIS BARATHEON!!!! Even his name sounds badass ffs

Bend the knee or you shall be destroyed :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 23:16

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-10-2014/9S5V3E.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 10 Jun 2014, 23:21

again , the Olly gifs Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next