RED
iftikhar
Busby Babe
30 posters

Page 34 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Glory Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

And we might need to reassess our summer transfer targets, seeing how we are going right now and when extrapolating to the final PL standing, it certainly look grim.
We can just forget about names like Hummels, Reus and lol Bale.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:44 pm

I wouldn't blame him one bit if he decided to leave this summer. He deserves to be playing in a much better team, with a much better defence in front of him, rather than the bunch of clowns he has in front of him at Utd.

I think us qualifying for the CL is playing the biggest part in his decision whether to stay or not.

Us not getting top 4 will have so much ramifications, not only financially but with acquiring/keeping our important player(s). Dreading it if we don't make it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Honestly, top four won't matter in the long term.

First of all, you're Manchester Utd, you pulled so many players for that alone. Di Maria springs to mind.
Second, if LvG stops being a clown and plays one line up and one system, players will join as you'll start to play well.

However, if the same path your own continues for the next 12 months, you could be in trouble.

thirdly, I believe we'll have an even bigger TV deal next season so there is no way you'll be priced out of any targets you want (this applies to all EPL teams, though), which leads back to point number 1.

So no need to panic, just yet.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:01 am

@MikeKeegan_DM
Follow

Told tonight United have already agreed three deals for the summer. No names mentioned but it's looking like a better structured window.

Not messing about. Get 'em done nice and early, then focus on the more trickier acquisitions throughout the summer.

Who do you think the 3 potential signings are likely to be?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:30 am

Depay will be one. He recently hinted a move and has said LvG is a father figure to him. Proud So Memphis. cheers

Other 2 will be tricky to assume. Hope none of them will be proven aged stars like di maria and all who will come about as doing a favor by joining our club and on top of that command massive transfer fee, No longer in favor of such transfers anymore. Instead I want younger hungrier ones from smaller teams who will give everything for the club.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:06 pm

apparently Memphis favourited yet another post or two linking him with United on twitter but later removed it.

signs are good so far despite the odd reports sprouting in the recent past of him wanting to go to lolpool.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 pm

I really hope we get KDB. He would be great down the centre and he is good on the channels as well. He would be a great #10 in van Gaal's system. My dream signing atm.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:52 am

I reckon if we get KDB, Depay and Hummels we're good to go

A new RWB wouldn't hurt either I guess.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:59 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I reckon if we get KDB, Depay and Hummels we're good to go

A new RWB wouldn't hurt either I guess.

Rooney
Depay-De Bruyne-Di Maria
Blind-Herrera
Shaw-Rojo-Hummels-Clyne
De Gea

buy Dybala as well...him and Hames Wilson for the next 10 years after Rooney RVP are done....RVP already is probably
Woodward pls Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Interesting share worthy post from Redcafe.

Yeah De Gea and Di Maria out and spend 200 million on Bale and Pogba, that's how you build a team, I really can't understand it :houllier:

Keep the team together of course, we shouldn't get rid of any useful player. Not Di Maria and I would rather lose De Gea on a free than selling him this summer, keep the core, add the right signings and build up a momentum for next year, another "6 in, 10 out" season won't do us anything good. Evans, Rafael and Falcao will leave and then we need 4 signings. A CB, if Hummels is possible, get him, otherwise Laporte or Godin if they are available, one of them would be great and that's our big signing.
Clyne as RB would do it for me. CM is difficult, but I don't think Pogba is likely or the right type of CM anyway, Schneiderlin would be great and underrated signing imo. Depay is a no-brainer too and that's it. Then you can add maybe a young exctiing striker like Lacazette, Dybala or Vietto and that would be a fanstastic window. We would have spend less or only the same money for those 5 signings than for Bale and Pogba together and it would be much better for the team. We don't need 11 superstars and sign young, trophy-hungry players, who are on their way to world class should be the way to go and not giving Real Madrid the money for their next superstar signing. And with Hummels you would still have a kind of "superstar signing" in a position where we really need it rather than signing another fancy attacker and hoping that he will save us in a lot of games.
Bayern has build the arguably best squad in the world with this way and not the "Real Madrid way".

A team with De Gea (if he signs a new contract), Laporte, Shaw, Clyne, Januzaj, Wilson, Dybala/Lacazette/Vietto, Depay for example would be more exciting for me than any superstar we could sign, because it would be a brilliant foundation for the future and could end up in having a brilliant team for years to come. That doesn't mean we shouldn't sign world class players if they are available, but there is no need to make a desperate 100 million euro signing, Bayern and Chelsea are doing this signings for good value and for players who really want to come rather than signing a player, who has just won the CL and doesn't want to be here anyway for a club record fee. But hey it worked already once, so let's do it again

How do you guys see it ? I personally agree. Perhaps not the de gea on free opinion. But other than that its pretty much the way forward.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:28 pm

realistically I would take something like this for next season

ddg
clyne/carvajal-smalling-hummels-shaw
herrera-carrick
mata-fellani-di maria
rooney

2nd team

valdes
rafael-jones-rojo-young
tielemans-blind
adnan-pereira-depay
vietto

evans, rvp, valencia, all the loanees and falcao out

with possible reserve squad players and youth promotions being
wilson, mcnair, blackett, timothy fosu mensah, pearson, milinkovic, janko

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:46 pm

I see Clyne's name brandished about by many Utd fans. Got a bad feeling we'll end up with him. We could do a lot better than him imo. I know he's young and fits the English criteria, but from what I've seen of him, especially during the international break, he looks an average player. We're better off keeping Rafael who's better.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:11 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:realistically I would take something like this for next season

ddg
herrera-carrick
mata-fellani-di maria
rooney

2nd team

valdes
rafael-jones-rojo-young
tielemans-blind
adnan-pereira-depay
vietto

wilson, timothy fosu mensah, pearson, milinkovic, janko

Carvajal? Laughing

He would have to be drunk to leave Madrid and join us. Like Di Maria.

Depays name is being thrown around a lot. I would like us to get him tbh. We need a deep lying playmaker and a winger.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:53 am

Depay woodward pls Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:00 am

jibers wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:realistically I would take something like this for next season

ddg
herrera-carrick
mata-fellani-di maria
rooney

2nd team

valdes
rafael-jones-rojo-young
tielemans-blind
adnan-pereira-depay
vietto

wilson, mcnair, blackett, timothy fosu mensah, pearson, milinkovic, janko

Carvajal? Laughing

He would have to be drunk to leave Madrid and join us. Like Di Maria.

Depays name is being thrown around a lot. I would like us to get him tbh. We need a deep lying playmaker and a winger.

carvajal is just a wild guess. Partially because I dont even know who the elite RBs are of today Neutral    , and  also because real signed a new shining toy to fill that spot.  Didnt go much into that hence.  Just put someone who is better than clyne and who is in fact the level we aspire ourselves to be.  Cool

And regarding clyne, I agree. We have  a better RB in rafael. But the problem with rafa is injury and that could be the reason why lvg is freezing him out. If we get clyne for cheap will take him therefore. It shouldnt be valencia thats the only concern. But rafael is sold, will keep valencia as the back up if janko aint ready.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:13 pm

getting linked with another injury ravaged player. Rolling Eyes Vidal, strootman, falcao who we actually went on  bought and are now ruing the decision and now Gundo ..

Give me Verratti instead please if we do have plans to find replacement for Carrick. On the other hand Gundogan being young ( as compared to falcao) is a good thing, lets see how much the price quoted is if this is indeed true.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:20 pm

Make this happen ffs. bounce He still have 2 or 3 years of top stuff left in him. Dat Spanish traingle this is going to possibly make if he arrives , with Juander. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Alves is Brazilian tho hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Don't want Alves. I would take Gundogan in a heartbeat though, his contract expires in 2016, so he wouldn't cost a lot. Making the gamble worth taking.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:39 pm

B-Mac wrote:Alves is Brazilian tho hmm

oh Embarassed man!! . My mistake. In that case, dont want him hehe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Don't want Alves. I would take Gundogan in a heartbeat though, his contract expires in 2016, so he wouldn't cost a lot. Making the gamble worth taking.

thats fantastic. So even if we get him now, he wont cost much. So yea in that case, I would take him too. 10 M pounds hopefully bounce

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 am

What do you guys think about us signing Danny Ings ?
It seems we are in for him and we are leading the pack. Neutral

1 striker system, van perise in the side as the 2nd striker. So getting Ings for peanuts to fill that 3rd striker role, Its a low risk high reward situation I feel. He has shown glimpse of quality despite playing for a significantly inferior side. He is English & Only 23 years of age. Wilson on loan to Burnley if they manage to stay up wont be a bad idea as well.
So I think its a fairly good option. If rvp was off (which I dont think it will be the case) it would have been a daft idea, but with the dutchman being there shelling out 30-40 million for another striker to fill the 3rd role wont be that wise.
Unless and until it is not Vietto we are aiming for (apparently who has got a low release clause), I think I will take Ings. If we can get Vietto, then Vietto please.

So what do you guys think ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Never really seen him. I would go for Ruben Pardo as a Carrick replacement, get a new RB, get another cm, Depay and a striker.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neez Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Difficult to find quality strikers these days. With Falcao most likely leaving, and RVP losing the fight against his age we need some real quality up front. Especially considering we'll be in champs league too. Ings is quick, hardworking, young and very cheap and i think he'd make a good squad player.laying with 1 striker means Rooney will be up front most of the time anywayz since the "keptan olwayz starts.

Our main concern should be defence and our mid. New rb and cb are crucial. If LVG has a problem with rafael then an rb has to be bought because valencia (though improving in his new role) still doesn't look too convincing in that role. We've been linked to Nathaniel Clyne a lot but I haven't seen enough of him to know how good he really is. Fingers crossed that Hummels is the new cb signing but don't want to get ahead of myself on that.

For our mid a player who can do a job similar to Carrick's and a winger (Depay) would be nice. I'm a huge admirer of Jordy Classie and although he is a bit tiny. Pogba coming back is the ultimate dream but alas... Sad
Neez
Neez
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:28 pm

meh Ings is a Liverpool level signing

bring me Dybala, Icardi or Vietto
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:26 pm

Carrick replacement could be Gundagon I think. Hummels and Gundagon will come here. Especially because for lvg he always try to see the humane side of things ( has said he sees his players first as human beings and only then as footballers in one of his interview) Such things could matter for him actually. Hence it will be important from his point of view to bring 1 more German if Hummels is coming. So 2 players who play together in the same team will mean neither of them will have any problem adjusting to a new country as they can help each other out. It will be the best for the team as well.

So I predict
Hummels for some 35 m
Gundagon for 15 m
Depay for 20 m
Clyne for 5-10 m
Ings for 5 m

I will happy with such a window tbh. Can we get some one better than Clyne as RB ? Is anyone there who will fit the profile ? Heard fancy names like Darmian etc. Have no clue who are they honestly Laughing
Other than that Luciano Vietto would have been my favourite as well instead of Ings. Vietto can also be got for 15 m or something like that. But since I havent seen us getting linked with him actively, it could be Danny Ings after all and I can live that pretty well.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next