Xifio
66 posters

Page 15 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Go down

Italia: La Nazionale II - Page 15 Empty Re: Italia: La Nazionale II

Post by rincon Mon May 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Some people just like to hate.

Who else could he call?
He went with Florenzi, Bonaventura, Jorginho, Insigne, El Shaarawy, Candreva and Bernardeschi but its just Conte squad?

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 25, 2016 5:16 pm

De Rossi injured
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 26, 2016 6:15 am

FFS, Conte is getting no luck Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 10:31 am

De Rossi, he was just out of training for a day. The ones i doubt are Montolivo and Motta.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 29, 2016 11:53 am

rincon wrote:Some people just like to hate.

Who else could he call?
He went with Florenzi, Bonaventura, Jorginho, Insigne, El Shaarawy, Candreva and Bernardeschi but its just Conte squad?

Conte is to be judged on the squad he eventually picks and those he most often trusts to start for the Euros, not those he leaves out of his 23. Also Candreva is nothing if not a work horse, it's bizarre to suggest he's not a Conte player.

It's pointless to criticise before the final list is released, but the reports filtering out from the camps are not promising at this stage.

Jorginho is likely to be left out in favour of De Rossi, Motta and Montolivo. We certainly need three anchors, but going with three veterans, all of whom have had injury issues this season, over a player who is dynamic, aggressive and technically excellent would be nothing short of madness in the absence of Verratti and Marchisio. Assuming De Rossi is passed fit, I'd take him along but only one of Motta and Montolivo are required. Alone, they're both perfectly capable of contributing if played alongside a more mobile midfielder, but as we saw against Germany, they're an utter liability as a partnership.

Perhaps my greatest fear however is who he plays on the flanks. We may have been able to get away with not playing proper fullbacks against Spain, who are physically miniscule, but Germany humiliated us as a direct result of a criminal starting line-up. If Conte wants to close up shop and play 3-5-2, so be it, but doing so while fielding defensive liabilities on the wings defeats the very purpose from the beginning.

We've called up three fullbacks but given that they can all play either side, they'd be sufficient. It's almost certain however that one - Zappacosta likely - will be dropped and a winger fielded there, ignoring the lessons of the Germany match. If we go into a game against the likes of Belgium, Germany or France with the likes of Florenzi, Giaccherini or Bernadeschi defending a flank, we're going to get trounced down that side and it won't be there fault. It will be Conte's for playing people out of position.

I'd also like Rugani to be taken, not only due to his understanding with the rest of our backline but also to give him some precious tournament experience ahead of the 2018 World Cup but it's a minor gripe compared to my other selection fears.

My take on who should go from the squad of 30:

GK: Buffon, Sirigu, Marchetti (3)

Only keepers, rather selects itself.

DF: Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Rugani, Darmian, De Sciglio, Zappacosta (7)

It's expected that we'll instead see Ogbonna for Rugani and Zappacosta dropped. I'm indifferent to Ogbonna but he at least also has a natural understanding of Conte's back three and experience playing alongside our other options, so whilst I'm not overwhelmed with joy, I understand Conte's choices. Most importantly, we're dropping Astori. Laughing

MF: Bonaventura, Candreva, De Rossi, Florenzi, Jorginho, Montolivo, Sturaro (7)

Parolo's a donkey. In his defence, he brings an aerial presence to the centre of the park and he's an excellent shot but he's not a particularly great tackler, nor can he dictate the tempo of the game. I'd be fine with having him in the squad to be honest but I don't want him starting, which we'll no doubt get.

Giaccherini's a workhorse who is simply not good enough at this level but he'll no doubt go. I'd be fine if he were travelling to play as a reserve for the 4-4-2 but I fear he'll be played out of position. He's a capable player if used properly and I actually think he could be a functional B2B as it's rumoured he'll be against Scotland but I'd rather he be left at home to avoid the temptation to use him at LWB and ruin us all. Less talented than Bonaventura if used at LCM but Jack's a defensive liability so I sympathise with Conte in that regard. I'd still take Bonaventura but I won't be outraged if he's left behind, we've more physically agile LWs and more disciplined CMs. Just his bad luck.

As for Sturaro, he's poor with the ball under pressure but Benassi doesn't do enough when he's not scoring random wonder goals. At least Sturaro will cover ground which is important for Conte's game plan.

Motta and Montolivo are interchangeable, take whoever is less likely to break down. We have enough problems as it is without someone else getting injured and ruining our ability to rotate in games and throughout the tournament. If fit, both provide good defensive cover in the anchor position to rest De Rossi, but if they do take to the pitch we need mobile players like Florenzi alongside them to make up for their lack of pace.

FW: Immobile, Insigne, Pellè, Zaza, Bernadeschi, El Shaarawy (6)

For the record, I don't even think Immobile should be in the 30 man squad, but I think it's risky to only take two centre forwards given Conte's plan and given Zaza can play alongside either Ciro or Graziano, I think it's worth having all three in the squad. Would have preferred different options but that time has passed. The creative options select themselves. It's harsh on Eder but I think it's too risky to take a player so low on confidence after his difficult six months at Inter. If he can star against Scotland tonight and show that he's back to normal then I'd throw him right back in of course.

Conte has the makings of a competitive squad on his hands. I fear he'll make some poor selection choices come crunch time but even the damage from that could be limited if he picks the right starting eleven and doesn't put people out of position.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 12:23 pm

As sad as it sounds Candreva has been Italy's most consistent forward (speaking NT here) for a long time now. He is a complete player and he no doubt deserves to go.

I agree with you on Motta, Montolivo, De Rossi and Jorginho. 3 will go and I'm afraid Jorginho won't if the others are fit. If De Rossi is fit then I'd take him with Jorginho and Motta (if fit as well). I just can't stand Montolivo over these guys but I think Conte will screw it up.

On the flanks, Conte always said at Juve that he likes to play 1 FB and 1 Mid to keep things more flexible and turn a 3-5-2 into a 4-4-2 as needed. At Juve we did it with Litch and Asamoah. Looking at the squad I think a similar plan is happening here.

Candreva will almost surely start on the right because he performs every time. Then Darmian on the left (I really don't know why Antonelli is not called up).

Zappacosta, Rugani, Benassi are almost surely gone, thats all OK. 1 of Sturaro or Parolo will probably be cut as well.

Immobile, I'm with you. Tactically he should go. He is both a CF and a SS of sorts, he can play with all of them and thats a good quality in a small squad. Eder is on the chopping block, all rumors point out as tonight's game being his last chance.

On Giaccherini, he is Conte's adopted son so he will go. I don't think we have to worry about him playing LWB though, he is rumored to play B2B tonight and I will be surprised if that isn't his role all around seeing the squad.

He is listed in centrocampisti and not esterni. On the left there are just too many options for Giaccherini to be first choice, Darmian, El Sha and even Bernardeschi or De Sciglio. In Euro 2012 we didn't have wide options and our only LB was Balzaretti. Again, we should have Antonelli here.

On your selection you are taking only 4 CBs, thats too little imo specially with a back 3. Unless you rely on Darmian and De Sciglio covering that but thats a scary prospect.

My final picks:

GK: Buffon, Sirigu, Marchetti

DF: Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Rugani

MF: Bonaventura, De Rossi (if fit), Florenzi, Giaccherini, Jorginho, Motta, Parolo

WB: Bernardeschi, Candreva, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

FW: Immobile, Insigne, Pelle, Zaza

Last edited by rincon on Sun May 29, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Italy vs Scotland

probable lineups.

Italy: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Candreva, Florenzi, De Rossi, Giaccherini, Darmian; Pelle', Eder

Scotland: Marshall; Paterson, Martin, Hanley, Mulgrew; Ritchie, D Fletcher, McArthur, Anya; Naismith; S Fletcher

Key points here, evaluate De Rossi's condition, Eder's last chance, test midfield options.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 29, 2016 1:58 pm

I think De Rossi could do a fine job as a fifth central defender if necessary, though I'd be very happy with your defensive picks.

I hope you're right concerning Giaccherini, however it's no better in my mind to use Bernadeschi at LWB. I realise he played this at times for Fiorentina but he was horribly exposed there against Germany. Morphing into a 4-4-2 with the ball is all well and good but Bernadeschi was caught out of position time and time again by a simple cross field switch. We could probably get away with it against poorer sides but when crunch time arrives, we're going to be facing well organised sides with well oiled counter-attacking structures and it's too huge a hole. Much the same goes for El Shaarawy. He works like a dog and is great defensively but covering a position and playing it are too very different things. Not to mention that El Sha thrives on cutting in which becomes quite awkward when asked to play LWB where he'll have no overlapping option. Would rather we play 4-4-2 and take advantage of our current crop of wingers but that's a fairytale sadly.

Antonelli would have been ideal to fill this void, even though I don't think he's an international standard defender, but he's probably our best natural left back and he contributes massively to the attacking phase of the game. I can only assume that the injury he picked up prior to the Coppa Italia was more serious than first thought.

Candreva, as you said, has earnt his place through his national team performances in the past few years. He's largely a player of quantity rather than quality but he's an endless runner and a constant pain in the neck for the opposition. He's also capable of producing excellent moments in attack when on his game, it's just a pity that he's a bit inconsistent but especially with Verratti and Marchisio out, he's become one of our most important figures.

It's a pity that we've not brought Gabbiadini in Ciro's place to fill that flexible role up front, his lack of game time at Napoli has really hurt our Euro preparations.

Interested to see how Giaccherini does in midfield against Scotland. I remember him filling in there for Juventus under Conte on a few occasions and doing well but I worry he's a bit too small up against a very physical national side. Now's the time to test it though, not against Belgium, so here's hoping he surprises me.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Candreva is the least of my worries, he'll do what he always does. If nothing else, Candreva is always available for a pass, always involved and willing if the others are out of ideas.

I think the flanks will be

Candreva----------Darmian

and

Darmian-----------El Shaarawy

depending on what we want. Throw in some Bernardeschi, De Sciglio or Florenzi as we need. If Darmian plays LWB I can see Giaccherini or Bonaventura playing LCM, if its El Shaarawy I can see it being Parolo. All for balance.

I think Gabbiadini would be starting at the Euros if he had game time. Very talented player.

I have my doubts about Giaccherini starting, we'll see today, at least for Bologna he has been great.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 29, 2016 7:51 pm

The Pellè - Eder partnership for Italy and automatically it becomes one of worst Sundays ever
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Scotland's jerseys look like training kits
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 7:56 pm

So close!!!!!!!
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Ten minutes and it looks like a proper Conte team. Italy is winning every contested ball and every one looks well positioned and pressing high.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun May 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Commentator just said Chiellini is 35, almost stopped watching in disgust.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Was watching on the same stream I think. Guy was talking about every scotland player like he was 5 times balon d or

"Here is jimmy, plays for Plymouth and recent won POTY. Has a terrific shot on him"

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Too many chances and no goals, Scotland hasn't had a shot cause they are what they are but a stronger team would eventually punish us for not scoring.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun May 29, 2016 9:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Was watching on the same stream I think. Guy was talking about every scotland player like he was 5 times balon d or

"Here is jimmy, plays for Plymouth and recent won POTY. Has a terrific shot on him"

If it wasn't such a popularity contest all scottish players would make the top 5 balon d'or list. Every single one of them.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Pelle 1-0 Thumbs up

Insigne and Bernardeschi on
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Changed channel after 20 minutes and watched Foggia-Lecce tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 9:45 pm

If that was Eder's last chance then he lost it. Need more creativity than him. It must be Insigne.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Watched the game on twitter, crap game, Italy will fail hard
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 29, 2016 10:46 pm

Pretty boring game but you can see the structure of a Conte team.

-The midfield of Giaccherini-De Rossi-Florenzi looked great.

-De Rossi and Florenzi are sure starters, Giacch, being Conte's love child, will also start.

-Eder-Pelle is not a good partnership

-Much flows from the defense to the central midfield

-Candreva had one of the worst games I've seen from him in an Italy shirt, nothing went his way

-The wings were more quiet than expected

Interested to see who makes the final squad. This team is energetic, and will look to shoot a lot, Conte's teams are very direct in their play. The problem here, is the same problem his Juventus squads had, lack of potency at times. Italy will average 15-20 shots per goal with that attack.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Gabbiadini should start even if he is a sub for Pipa. Lack of game time is no excuse when you look at the alternatives.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 30, 2016 3:27 am

As long as Insigne starts, I don't really care who's next to him- maybe just not Eder as preference goes

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 30, 2016 10:59 am

I'm with you Luca in that De Rossi-Florenzi looked very good.

With Giaccherini I'm not sure. He was extremely direct last night, always vertical, that works against a team that's not so settled at the back, but against teams parking it I would rather have a more calm midfielder. Maybe Florenzi-De Rossi-Jorginho or Florenzi-Motta-De Rossi.

Now there are rumors that Montolivo relapsed and that he may miss the Euros, which means Jorginho would be on board.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 30, 2016 11:26 am

I'd be very happy with Florenzi---De Rossi---Jorginho.

It's sad for Montolivo if he's picked up an injury but if it means Jorginho will go then it's a blessing. Also for the best that any lingering fitness issues, be it with anyone, manifest themselves now rather than later. An injured player's no good to anyone.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next