DO NOT LEAVE LIVERPOOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DO NOT LEAVE LIVERPOOL

Post by Don't call me James on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

The thread where we laugh at idiots that thought grass was greener on the other side.

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Re: DO NOT LEAVE LIVERPOOL

Post by Red Alert on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:13 am

Suarez won't decline like anyone on that list.

The only player that left in their prime on that list is Owen, who had a very good goal to game ratio at Madrid. Injuries and then a little bit of stagnation / cockiness ruined him at Newcastle.

Fowler, Heskey got old.

Torres got old and injured but he ultimately got what he wanted. Higher wages and won silverware so not sure if he'll regret leaving too much.

Crouch did really well considering he sort of maintained his average.

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by edulfc on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:56 am

I very much feel it will be different with suarez. He is a great player and most importantly a fighter with ability to adapt wherever he is. I won't be surprised if he outshines messi...

edulfc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:49 am

a fighter
Yeap, that's my Suarez  :wub: .

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:35 pm

While I don't think Luis himself will "decline", he may score less goals. If only because he won't be the focal point of the Barcelona team, I doubt he will score at the same rate that he did with Liverpool. Messi, regardless of his positioning, will be the focus of that team. Moreover, Suarez is an intelligent and unselfish player. If he sees teammates making the proper runs, he will distribute from the forward position. In all honesty, I can see him assisting every bit as many as he scores next season.

The one factor that could invalidate this point is Luis Enrique and his use of Messi. Under Pep, I have no doubts that Messi would play in his false9 role, with Suarez shunted out wide. However, under Enrique, he will almost certainly play as the #9, with Messi operating in a free role behind him.

This setup could take a few forms, including:
Suarez
Neymar--------Messi
Iniesta---Rakitic
Busquets
or...
Suarez
Neymar--Messi--Iniesta/Pedro
Busquets--Rakitic

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that Messi will be the creator and Suarez the converter. Depending on his instructions ( rofl as if Enrique will be able to tell Messi how to play his game), Messi could look to create, or look to make the most of the quick little one-twos and late runs to open up scoring chances.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how both Messi and Suarez are used incorporated into the same side, as it will likely be completely different than the SAS of last season. 1.) Messi and Sturridge are very, very different players. 2.) Messi will remain the dominant force no matter where he starts.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top