RealGunner
Rebaño Sagrado
Donuts
DeletedUser#1
RED
39 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool" Empty Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool"

Post by RED Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm

Raheem Sterling: Liverpool player 'to tell club he wants to leave'

By Ben Smith
BBC Sport

Raheem Sterling is expected to tell Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers he wants to leave Anfield this summer.
The England forward has already turned down a new £100,000-a-week contract, and denied being a "money-grabber" in a BBC Sport interview last month.
Sterling will meet Reds chief executive Ian Ayre and Rodgers on Friday, when he is set to tell them he wants to go.
The club have declined to comment but it is understood they still want the 20-year-old, whose deal ends in 2017.
Should he be made available, Manchester City remain the frontrunners for his signature but Arsenal and a number of leading European clubs have also expressed an interest.

While Liverpool insist they will not sell for any price this summer, their resolve may be tested by an offer in the region of £35m.
BBC Sport has learned Sterling raised the subject of his future with Rodgers before the 1-1 draw with Chelsea on 10 May.
Sterling - whose current contract is worth £35,000 a week - said in an interview on 1 April that he "talks about winning trophies" rather than money.
Former Reds defender and BBC Sport pundit Mark Lawrenson said at the time that Sterling had put himself "under pressure" with his comments.
Liverpool's last piece of silverware came in 2012, when they won the League Cup, and they have missed out on Champions League qualification for next season.
Rodgers has previously said: "Liverpool are one of the superpowers of football and if the owners don't want to sell, they don't have to."
Speaking on Friday, captain Steven Gerrard told Sterling to stay and play for a coach who "believes in him".
"I think there is no-one better for him than Brendan Rodgers," said Gerrard, who will join MLS side LA Galaxy this summer after 17 years at Anfield.
"The danger for younger players is they want it all too soon and go to another club and just become a number."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32789389

Felt like he was being bullied into signing a new contract. Poor lad Sad

Where do we think he'll end up? My bet is Arsenal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool" Empty Re: Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool"

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Great news.

Hope he ends up at Man Utd.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool" Empty Re: Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool"

Post by Donuts Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 pm

wasn't madrid interested in him?
if chicharito leaves i can see him going there.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Change the name of the thread to The Sterling War IMO.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Great news.

Hope he ends up at Man Utd.

If only Liverpool and United did business with each other, I would have loved to see him at Utd.

I know many LFC fans will come out and say he's sh*t now, now that's he's leaving, but he showed last season when he's committed and surrounded by quality in attack, he's a top talent. Best young player in the league last season.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 18, 2015 11:32 pm

If any team thinks he is worth 35m pounds Liverpool should definitely sell him for that
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Carragher on Sterling: "I'd be embarrassed to walk into training tomorrow & show my face to everyone; even the lady on the reception."

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes · 47m 47 minutes ago
I've talked about Sterling before and how this problem has roots in his first, underpaid deal

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes · 47m 47 minutes ago
But LFC could have headed this crisis off last summer. Manager calling him best young player in Europe. Renegotiate then

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes · 46m 46 minutes ago
Dumbarse behaviour on both sides. It's clear, though, his relationship with Rodgers has deteriorated.

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes · 34m 34 minutes ago
It's simple. By going rates, Sterling has been underpaid. You don't like that? Stop going, stop watching. Or at least stop moaning about it

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes · 25m 25 minutes ago
Let me explain it. In any workplace there is a wage structure. When it get out of sync, there is resentment. People feel undervalued

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes · 24m 24 minutes ago
It's true in any business. For example, Sterling, playing every week, seeing the golden boy Sturridge on 140k will have been wondering why

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 pm

It's true

People look at how much he's earning from a normal perspective, comparing it to somebody getting 6 pounds an hour and wandering wtf he's moaning about

But they are all footballers and comparatively speaking he was getting a lot of responsibility thrown at him without the wage to back it up.

That being said, he's an idiot too so there's that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Change the name of the thread to The Sterling War IMO.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 am

In other news...James Milner is about to reject a 165K/week (POUNDS) from Man City Shocked

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue May 19, 2015 12:20 am

Underpaid, FML the kid hasn't even proved his worth 70k a season, wants big player wages, but doesn't want to play like one.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 am

if someone else is willing to pay his 70k a season then yes he is worth that much.

Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 19, 2015 12:35 am

Donuts wrote:if someone else is willing to pay his 70k a season then yes he is worth that much.

He rejected 100k/week.

He's 20. He can't shoot or finish to save his life.

100+k/week is for players who know where the goal is and can perform week in and out.

Suarez was on 100k/week up until his unreal form in mid-december of 2013.

He's done nothing to deserve 150k/week. If another club thinks he's worth that investment...then good luck to them.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 19, 2015 12:37 am

Thank God. Please someone buy him so he can be found out. I wish someone is stupid enough to pay some crazy money like 40m+
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 12:39 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Donuts wrote:if someone else is willing to pay his 70k a season then yes he is worth that much.

He rejected 100k/week.

100+k/week is for players who know where the goal is and can perform week in and out.

He's done nothing to deserve 150k/week. If another club thinks he's worth that investment...then good luck to them.

I'm hoping Citeh spunk 50m quid and give him a big, fat five year contract. He's not even as good as SWP was and probably never will be.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 19, 2015 12:41 am

Muppet wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

He rejected 100k/week.

I'm hoping Citeh spunk 50m quid and give him a big, fat five year contract. He's not even as good as SWP was and probably never will be.

I agree, except for the SWP part, that guy was shit. Sterling is a decent player but will never ever be world class or should be worth crazy money. But hey good on us if someone is willing to pay that sort of money.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 19, 2015 12:44 am

Ben Smith BBC - It's even been suggested to me that Sterling would sign if another manager would be in place.

OMG if Sterling gets Branda sacked, he's gonna be a legend in my eyes Proud I'd love for both of them to be gone honestly but I can live with one leaving for now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 12:45 am

Bit harsh perhaps but only just if so. Sterling's composure and technique are both lacking massively. SWP territory for me then as he was rapid and could beat a man as well.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 am

He clearly has downed tools ever since he decided he was leaving. Can't be judging him based on the form he's been since he mentally checked out. Laughing
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 am

can't wait for liverpool to spend the money they get from him on Mane Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 12:48 am

B-Mac wrote:can't wait for liverpool to spend the money they get from him on Mane Proud

Or Bolasie. Laughing
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue May 19, 2015 12:49 am

Don't call me James wrote:Ben Smith BBC - It's even been suggested to me that Sterling would sign if another manager would be in place.

OMG if Sterling gets Branda sacked, he's gonna be a legend in my eyes Proud I'd love for both of them to be gone honestly but I can live with one leaving for now.

Sterling the dictator Proud

Learning from the great Messi :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue May 19, 2015 12:49 am

Muppet wrote:
B-Mac wrote:can't wait for liverpool to spend the money they get from him on Mane Proud

Or Bolasie. Laughing

don't think Bolasie would leave a great manager like Pardiola to play for orange face shiny teeth
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next