Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
Donuts
Onyx
97 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 38 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by Kick Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:19 am

Yeah, league games are too easy for them, now.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 38 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by M99 Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:39 am

Umm how is Di Maria a La Liga flop?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:58 am

M99 wrote:Umm how is Di Maria a La Liga flop?

He isn't. Not sure why Cols would say that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:19 am

It's obvious he'd flourish anywhere other than under the restrictive, stifling awful tactics of our Dutch awful manager. He's a top player, even when struggling under the dutch con man he was still racking up assists.

The con man actually made me believe this guy was awful and had a piss poor attitude. smh. When it's getting more obvious by the weeks since he departed that he just wanted to gtfo and enjoy his football. Majority of our players feel the same way now under LVG, hence their awful and telling body language on the pitch.

Our loss is PSG's gain.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:23 am

I thought Moyes reign was the pinnacle of enjoyment but...my oh my, I think LVG has overtaken him.

Factor in Mou with Chelsea...football has been pretty fun lately.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Doc wrote:

jealousy. feared him the most. class player. hope he goes to a top league again soon
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:18 pm

It says a lot about your credibility as a poster. When you let emotions interfere with your judgement, nobody is going to take you seriously. Just a tip, free of charge Smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Collblanc wrote:
Doc wrote:

jealousy. feared him the most. class player. hope he goes to a top league again soon
jealousy is fearing that something will get taken away from you. I think the word you are looking for is envy.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:26 pm

La Ligue 1 is shat, but watching a player in his prime is a thing of beauty.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Some comments I run into from United fans on Di Maria recently who said, his spell in Manchester was a sad experience.

Even I could look good in the French league it is so poor! And he survived in Spain because he played for Real Madrid. They had six serious games a season in the league. Barca, Atleti and whoever was going to finish fourth i.e. perm one from Valencia, Villareal, Seville, Bilbao! All the other games were like pub matches when you are expected to win 7-0 and invariably do! The man is nowhere near the standard required for the premier league as his stats bear out! He couldn't hack it at United. He's playing against the equivalent of Aston Villa every week in France so actually, his stats are quite poor considering the quality of the opposition! In the World Cup, when he was up against top class players he struggled!

What a gutless little rat boy, just looking at him makes me want to punch him. Waste of money and time.....Stay happy in the french league, it suits you.

Gutless coward. Never had the character to ever wear the No 7 shirt and then ran off to play in a lesser league. You being here is something we have already forgotten

^Clearly not rofl

Flourishing in the s h!ttest league in Europe where there's no competition. I'd love to see him dropped in the middle of a Six nations game this weekend and see if he'd like to remember that.

It's ok Angel, it was sad to watch you fail too. Completely out of your depth and unable to cope with the physicality of the league. I think even the fat, old woman who sits in the corner of the pub down the road could score for PSG in Ligue Un.

Was delighted when he signed was shocked at what i saw in his performances every week totally out of his depth bullied every week , talks more about man utd than we ever do of him

ok ratboy , the truth is he wanted to go to PSG directly after Real but couldnt due to their transfer Ban , so he came to england to play while PSG sorted their problems and then went there u f ***** coward rat , at least i respect Falcao for having the balls to try and play in england . went to the easiest league where they are already 24 points ahead of second place , joke league .

Sad because he couldn't hack it. He is at his level now, in a one team league. Pathetic.

He's been crap since he left Madrid which shows the team carried him. All he has is spells in games then goes missing

Typical argy coward, and total bottler. No good going to a two bit league and shouting your mouth off.

Spineless coward wasn't up for a fight. Weak weasel boy couldn't cut the premier league.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:49 pm

rofl
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why is Trapp joining the attack in the 60th ish minute when his team is leading scratch ?

Or do Ligue Meh refs look like GKs?

Onyx wrote:b2b false GK. hmm

ffs!!! rofl
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Most of those Di Maria comments are probably from people who think Pep inherited a great team at Barca and needs to prove himself at a club like Aston Villa.

Or Messi wouldn't cut it in the PL because it's too physical etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Di Maria is obviously world class

I don't think he ever really wanted to join us tbh and that affected his mentality while playing for us, in which case criticisms are valid regarding his professionalism

Ligue 1 being a joke (though PSG are a top 5 team) just makes it easy for casual united fans that are holding a grudge to brush him off as not being good enough though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:52 pm

Angel Di Maria : "My Crosses and Passing level was too good for the players I was aiming for in England, here in France I knew someone is waiting to meet my deliveries and this brings a new spark in my play."
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:00 pm

He had the best spark of his career during his final three months at Real Madrid. He hasn't been able to reach that godly level of football ever since he left. I'm not saying he's not playing very well now, he is. But the ADM of Real Madrid was something else. It only took a brainless president and a greedy player to disassemble the best Real Madrid side of recent years.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:23 pm

I honestly believe that the best Real Madrid of recent years was the one from September to January 2014.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:11 pm

People have to understand what Di Maria is. He's not a playmaker or a winger, he's a b2b runner. This has nothing to do with league or team. Whenever managers play him in a creative role he is consistently exposed because that's not the type of player he is. There's a reason his best period was at Real where he was able to utilize his incredible stamina and work rate and his lack of end product was protected.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:24 pm

What the bloody hell are you talking about?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Di María definitely is a playmaker, but I agree with what you say about his stamina a little bit. I notice now that he is with PSG, he is not that active as before. Probably because PSG are too superior to the opposition but it is definitely not the same like in Spain.

For example: this video from 2 months ago, of his playmaking this season.

Many excellent passes. And a video from the same person, of Di María and his passing vs OL this season (when he had three assists).

Di María is a very prolific passer. Sometimes stupid because he plays extra-direct, but he creates many many chances for his team. And the influence when he plays is noticeable, because the direct playing style quickens the speed of PSG.

Very good player, I hope to do him well in the Champions League.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:38 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:What the bloody hell are you talking about?

He's explaining that Di Maria has the brains of a headless chicken yet the energy of an eletric noodle.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Well calling Di Maria a mere runner can't be further from the truth. Especially when he created most chance after Ozil for Madrid.

You need a runner? Look no further than Rakitic at Barca. Not Di Maria.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:51 pm

I think sometimes people confuse the difference between lack of brain and an ability to be direct and create things which no one else on the team can.

It's easy to say he lacks brain and this and that, but how many players on teams he plays for are taking the same risks as him to open up a defence?

To use a comparison you can't put Xavi up against Messi, his decision making seems a lot smarter sure but that's because he's not a match winner and making the same plays but that doesn't make Messi dumb.

It's just a lot harder to be that guy and pull it off consistently, it can be frustrating i understand that but you need players like Di Maria who are willing to try things which won't always come off.

Doesn't mean he's brainless though, by that same token i'm sure Suarez has pissed some people off over the years with some of his " decision making ". If everyone was like Xavi or Ozil no goals would probably be scored. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 pm

I get what you're saying but theres a difference between being a direct player and taking risks a la Messi or Neymar and trying ridiculous things 10 times in the hope it works once. That's why the Suarez comparison doesn't work either because at least Suarez is efficient and has the talent to pull off most of the things he tries. Di Maria just doesn't have the technical ability to create consistently at the top level. This is painfully clear to me every time I watch him and has been shown numerous times such as the first part of his Real spell, his time at Man U, and every time he's played for Argentina. In fact I'd say it was him, not Higuain, that was most to blame for Argentina not winning the Copa.

Every time he is asked to shoulder the creative burden on a team he is exposed. Of course he is dynamic and is able to provide an extra dimension for whatever team he plays for. What I'm arguing is that he is best used as a B2B CM where his stamina, work rate, and dynamism are best exploited, while his wastefulness in possession and poor decision making is minimized. As a Milan fan the best comparison that comes to mind is Prince. He's obviously much better but he's that type of player.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:09 am

Only a complete ass hat would give Di Maria the sole responsibility of being the creative hub of a team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:59 pm

what a fraud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next