windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:42 pm

This might interest you guys. It's pretty much a translated interview where he talks about his footballing views.

http://www.soccertranslator.com/2014/04/translations-of-diego-cholo-simeone.html

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by windkick Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:07 pm

neuro11 wrote:why do you think the club is responsible for this. what if the players wanted to leave. anyone receiving that kind of offer would be willing to leave. and small teams can never hold the talents. i am sure simeone understands this. and they still fighting for all titles shows simeone's ability. i thing he can manage a good squad like PSG and may be we will see his other tactics as well. with a team like PSG he does not need to do PTB.

Then even worse. Who wants to manage a club that has a set group of your star players all wanting to leave right when the clubs turns its fortunes around? That's the charm of being at a big name club, your players are likely to be happy at to stay their longer. Plus maybe if Atletico wasn't such a mess financially, they could of tried to keep at least Felipe Luis by offering him higher wages (he seems to be the player they miss the most from the exodus during the summer)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:56 am

Fußball wrote:In fairness Atletico aren't purely parking the bus. I mean a lot of times they do, especially against elite teams like Madrid and Barca, especially when protecting a lead. Not so much against anyone else. Their offensive moves are very nicely choreographed, lots of triangular movements and they press furiously. Remember last season 2nd leg CL vs. Barca when they came out all guns blazing and hit the woodwork 3 or 4 times in the opening 20 minutes. I think with a better team Simeone would play more free flowing football even though he would keep a solid defensive shape first and foremost. I think he could coach a team like Bayern, too. They'd look like they did under Heynckes. Classic back four, 2 physical midfielders sitting infront (Schweinsteiger-Martinez vs. Gabi-Tiago), Müller behind Lewandowski in a 2 striker system with 2 hardworking wide midfielders (Ribery fits the Arda role), Götze can do the Koke role. I don't think Bayern fans complained when they sat back, ceded possession and counterattacked against Barca in 2013. That's exactly how Simeone would approach the few big games. All other games they'd press high up and play proactive football.

No, they arent parking the bus and they are very capable of pressing high. They have their moments where they escape pressing with some nice passing moves.

But generally speaking they dont play good stuff and I wouldnt want to see Barca play like this.

As for Bayern comparision, I wouldnt go there. Bayern didnt go around kicking people when they struggle to defend.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:29 am

i think when the game is out of control or they are losing it, they start dirty play. then again its the typical nature of top two madrid based teams. look at the game vs us, almost all of them were behaving dirty. aggression was in their eyes..like those were burning.what mandzukic did to busquets and the guy (forgot whom) to neymar inside box (kicking while he was in the ground) is complete nasty. playing physical game is one thing and dirty is another.

Last edited by neuro11 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:38 pm

I love a physical game, it is something I have always enjoyed playing in and watching.

But dirty is something else. There was a situation by the sideline, right next to the coaches...Atletico made like 3 bad fouls without even trying for the ball in a row.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Deulofeu is not exactly leaving a very positive impression in this Valencia - Sevilla match
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 am

He really isn't. Honestly surprised he was on the entire match.

That said he was playing a tough Valencia team away, and those two teams have always had a rivalry. So it was a tough outing.

Fun game as a neutral though. I've been watching allot of Sevilla games just to watch Suarez (even though I know he isn't even coming back) and Deulofeu (who by the looks of it will never play with us either)

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Sure but a lot of the things that pissed me off had little to do with the opposition, like his decision making or very imprecise passing (even when he has the chance to take all the time he needs in the dead ball situations).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:56 pm

He is an arrogant douche and comes across a bit thick. Doesn't surprise me that he doesn't learn at all. I've literally seen the situation hundred times where he is on the right, could easily pass to a teammate in the middle but decides to go outside again towards the byline to take a shot himself from an angle. Totally ridiculous that he never learns. Would be surprised if he ever makes it at Barca. Apart from some nice dribblings here and there and good set piece delivery his footballing qualities (decision making, linkup play) are pretty low. He will be 21 in a few weeks, he is not 18 anymore. He should do much better by now. Compare to Neymar, Götze, Sterling, Hazard, C. Ronaldo when they were his age.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Are those players a fair basis for comparison? Sterling aside Deulofeu has never shown he has the potential to play like those.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Are those players a fair basis for comparison? Sterling aside Deulofeu has never shown he has the potential to play like those.

Those are the sort of talents a club of Barca's stature requires though. If he's going to become another Jesus Navas he's useless for Barca unless he's sold for a few millions to bring in a bit of cash.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Not that it would surprise me if he fails. Since around 2000 these are the players that made it to the highest level from the youth ranks which I consider Barca level:

Xavi
Puyol
Pique
Valdes
Reina (didn't play much for Barca but he could've, similar level as Valdes)
Iniesta
Messi
Busquets
Thiago
Cesc (didn't fit the system anymore after Wenger destroyed him but a world class player)
Pedro (well, not anymore, but he used to be a starter in a CL winning team so I include him)
Alba

That's a bit less than 1 player per year that made it in the last ~15 years. So chances are high that out of Deulofeu, Adama, Rafinha, Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Montoya, Masip, Halilovic, Samper, Munir, Sandro only 2 or 3 will make it within the next 2 or 3 years. Samper, Bartra and Halilovic would be my bet. Rafinha gives me the Pedro vibes. He can be part of the team, even do well at his peak but he isn't exactly the next Iniesta who I envision outperforming his peers (Pogba, Verratti, Isco etc.) by a big margin.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 pm

deulofeu just needs to play alongside messi so he can get yelled at a few times then he'll learn
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:28 pm

I remember a CL game under Tito where he came on in the dying minutes against Spartak and actually yelled at Messi for not passing to him. Laughing Laughing Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 am

Fußball wrote:Not that it would surprise me if he fails. Since around 2000 these are the players that made it to the highest level from the youth ranks which I consider Barca level:

Xavi
Puyol
Pique
Valdes
Reina (didn't play much for Barca but he could've, similar level as Valdes)
Iniesta
Messi
Busquets
Thiago
Cesc (didn't fit the system anymore after Wenger destroyed him but a world class player)
Pedro (well, not anymore, but he used to be a starter in a CL winning team so I include him)
Alba

That's a bit less than 1 player per year that made it in the last ~15 years. So chances are high that out of Deulofeu, Adama, Rafinha, Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Montoya, Masip, Halilovic, Samper, Munir, Sandro only 2 or 3 will make it within the next 2 or 3 years. Samper, Bartra and Halilovic would be my bet. Rafinha gives me the Pedro vibes. He can be part of the team, even do well at his peak but he isn't exactly the next Iniesta who I envision outperforming his peers (Pogba, Verratti, Isco etc.) by a big margin.

Thiago? He never reached that level of world class on a consistant basis either due to playing time or injury. So I wouldn't add him on that list with world beaters. But I get your point.

I would bet my money on Samper, Halilovic and Bartra to be the 3 guys to actually become world class beaters. Adama being the wild card
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:11 am

Fußball wrote:He is an arrogant douche and comes across a bit thick. Doesn't surprise me that he doesn't learn at all. I've literally seen the situation hundred times where he is on the right, could easily pass to a teammate in the middle but decides to go outside again towards the byline to take a shot himself from an angle. Totally ridiculous that he never learns. Would be surprised if he ever makes it at Barca. Apart from some nice dribblings here and there and good set piece delivery his footballing qualities (decision making, linkup play) are pretty low. He will be 21 in a few weeks, he is not 18 anymore. He should do much better by now. Compare to Neymar, Götze, Sterling, Hazard, C. Ronaldo when they were his age.

This fking annoys me sooo much. Really needs to evolve his game if he wants to make it further. His decision making is quite poor, hope it gets better by season's end but I doubt it.

Also Denis Suarez :bow: :bow:

On another note, my boy Bojan enjoying his time at Stoke playing behind strikers.

What a hit, prime la masia legend bojan is back ffs :bow: :bow:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:37 pm

MaraVilla wrote:

On another note, my boy Bojan enjoying his time at Stoke playing behind strikers.

What a hit, prime la masia legend bojan is back ffs :bow: :bow:

Reportedly out for the season with an ACL injury. Sad GL jinx strikes again. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:15 am

Fußball wrote:

Reportedly out for the season with an ACL injury. Sad GL jinx strikes again. Molenation

feel so sorry for this guy, finally starts performing well and gets smashed with knee injury... i was watching the game and thought it was bad, but not bad enough to be out for whole seaason. Saw him warming and jogging on the sidelines after the incident aswell Sad Sad Sad

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 8 IVS9EXg
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Wolfsburg 4-1 Bayern

Pep, Mou, Simone and Carlo all humbled in 2015 Laughing In the start of the season they had the strongest teams and were favourites for CL, we went into crisis mode, Enrique was supposedly 24 hrs away from being sacked and now we are the goats Proud

Enrique > Pep, Mou, Simeone and Carlo Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 pm

some flawless logic there rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Mou I'm not so sure, but the rest I agree.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:some flawless logic there rofl

Jump on the train Hans, your next coach Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm

This won't be Bayern's usual level later in the season but nevertheless Pep remains a die hard romantic. He will keep on deploying an offside trap in the opposition half.

Glad we have learned to counterattack this season. Proud Messi, Neymar, Suarez against Boateng, Dante, Alonso defending around the halfway line. Proud

Inb4 can't even get past City. Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 8 Le10

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Who was the expert here who said Atletico are not the same team anymore because they have lost Felipe Luis? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:53 pm

The point was not just Filipe Luis but also Costa and Curtois, which I think is an undeniable point regardless of today's result. Madrid were missing 5 starters.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:33 pm

You are talking as if Costa was Messi or something. Laughing Griezmann and Mandzukic is a more dynamic attacking duo than Costa and Villa/Adrian. Griezmann alone has 12 goals in 15 La Liga starts and Mandzukic has 11 in 19, both new players that needed adapting and can improve even more, don't see what they are missing upfront compared to last season. Defensively they are all about collective team work, a leftback will never make a difference to call them "not the same anymore". They didn't lose Maldini. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next