windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 07, 2015 6:15 pm

alexjanosik wrote:The knives are already out for Pep.I saw a thread on the General section.Apparently he is not even good enough for the Milan job.
Pep playing the game the only way it is supposed to be played and losing makes him a fraud.
But apparently parking the bus at home against 10 man PSG and getting knocked out makes Mourinho a genius.

I think both are to blame, maybe Mourinho more. I have written my thoughts about where Pep stands in the match thread. Mourinho can make even the most vibrant team depressingly negative and it sometimes backfires. Pep though tries to impose his own style too soon and throws caution to the wind one too many times, for which I honestly cannot praise him. Beautiful football is great but how much does it matter if it comes without results. How much respect did Arsenal get in eight trophy less seasons? You can say Pep wasn't trophy less at Bayern but he was in a one team league. I don't think his team would have won the league in Spain or England. For me his tenure at Bayern which should end very soon is largely a failure I am sorry to say. Being hammered two years in a row by the only top quality teams you meet isn't anything to dance about I feel.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 07, 2015 6:46 pm

The general section is always a prisoner of the moment. Today Pep is a flop, tomorrow the greatest there ever was.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 07, 2015 6:50 pm

It's also all just a bit of fun. I don't think I made a single serious post since I registered here for example. Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 14 Le10

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 08, 2015 3:35 pm

So no one wants to discuss la Liga being suspended? That is going to completely alter our chance at treble and could possible disrupt our flow
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm

So I read Peps brother, who's also an agent, is in cahootz with some other guys to purchase Girona. Girona right now looks in prime position to qualify directly to La Liga, sitting pretty in second place in La Liga Adelante. I wonder if the take over happens, and if so, if they will try to bring in enough talent to keep the club above given the connections Peps brother would have as an agent
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu May 28, 2015 3:24 am

How do you guyz rate Emery as a coach...i should mention this has nothing to do with wanting him to see at Barca. just the general opinions....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 28, 2015 8:35 am

neuro11 wrote:How do you guyz rate Emery as a coach...i should mention this has nothing to do with wanting him to see at Barca. just the general opinions....

I've always rated him highly. Dude is a winner. He has triumphed at every Club he's been:
First he promoted Almeria and they had their best season in Primera.
Then he had 3 stratight CL qualifying seasons with Valencia, he leaves and they collapse.
Afterwards, he went to Russia, his only fail.
Comes back to Sevilla and propels them to CL contenders and two times Europa league champions.

Plus, he is a coach with a lot of attention to detail, set pieces, and extremely motivated.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu May 28, 2015 9:29 am

Come to think that there are quite a bunch of decent coaches in la liga: Emery, Simeone, Valverde, the ocassional Madrid coach etc
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:37 am

JUVENTUS AND BARCELONA LEGENDS: Edwin van der Sar, Ciro Ferrara, Ludovic Giuly, Alessandro Del Piero, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Edmílson, Fabio Cannavaro, David Trezeguet, Mark van Bommel, Gianluca Zambrotta, Deco, Eric Abidal, Christian Vieri

WORLD ALL-STARS: Jens Lehmann, Cafu, Youri Djorkaeff, Robert Pires, Predrag Mijatović, Giovane Elber, Clarence Seedorf, Rai, Christian Karembeu, Steve McManaman, Pierre van Hooijdonk, Marco Materazzi

Legends game in Berlin, supposedly Figo was invited, but Barcelona complained and send in a request as we didn't want him to represent us, so FIFA withdrew him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Good. He can f himself, he doesnt represent us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Legends game in Berlin, supposedly Figo was invited, but Barcelona complained and send in a request as we didn't want him to represent us, so FIFA withdrew him.

Wonderful

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:30 pm

What teams were relegated from Liga Adelante, and what teams were promoted to it?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:49 pm

So now that Sterling for 46523 trillion to City seems a done dealio it just dawned on me how awful Txiki and Soriano have been for them in the transfer market.

Mangala + Bony + Jovetic + Negredo + J. Navas + J. Garcia + Rodwell = € 180M.

Also stuff like selling Boateng for € 10M and buying Demichelis instead for half the money.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't particularly disagree with you but the Boateng thing is massive hindsight lol.

He was crap then and looked nothing like the player he is today...
Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't particularly disagree with you but the Boateng thing is massive hindsight lol.

He was crap then and looked nothing like the player he is today...
Spoiler:

Maybe. But how did my grandmother always used to say: Let's not get into technicalities. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:15 am

J. Garcia and Rodwell were terrible buys, depth buys just to sit on the bench and give them numbers at training. I dont know this for a fact, but I can imagine City have some young kid who could have done the same things and saved them the money. But they stay trying to add these depth players for no reason, they tried again this summer with Delph. Guys who wont get any games when it matters.

Negredo I never rated. On paper I got why they signed him, but looking at the big picture..what use is it to have him and Dzeko in the same squad?

Bony is a fine player, give him some time before you add him to the bad transfer list.

Jovetic is a talent, but seems to be often injured. He was injured before many times. They got him reasonably cheap, I dont think is was a bad idea. The player of 3 years ago drew intrest from most in Europe, they thought maybe they can get that out of him. Not mad at that.

Mangala is not just for one season, considering his age, thats common sense. Again, give some time and lets see. I saw many games his real talent on show.

I cant fault anyone for Boateng, like Mole said. He was rubbish for City and he was always going to be.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 pm

It seems Bayern might be signing Vidal.

Neuer
Boateng---Benatia---Alaba(Bernet)
Thiago(Lahm)---Martinez---Vidal(Alaba)
Robben(Costa)---Müller---Ribery(Bernet)
Lewa

hmm
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Real Madrid about to replace Casillas with Casilla

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Lmao wonder what Keylor feels like now
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:17 pm

i'd imagine good, keylor will probably be number 1 should de gea not join this season with casillas as the backup
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 pm

I think Kiko is better to be honest. Keylor is more like a tournament keeper
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 pm

the keylor that played for levante and costa rica prior to joining madrid was top 2 gks in la liga.
had the best stat as-well idk if you value that though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Keylor looks mentally weak. Not everyone can make the step from Levante to Real Mehdrid. Dude looked more nervous whenever he played than Douglas on his debut.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Donuts wrote:i'd imagine good, keylor will probably be number 1 should de gea not join this season with casillas as the backup

Actually it's Casilla but it seriously is an irony that he has a name so similar to that of the outgoing Real Madrid legend.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Manchester City now have eight midfielders for the first team. At least one or two should be leaving.

Fernando
Raheem Sterling
Samir Nasri
Jesus Navas
Fabian Delph
David Silva
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure

I think Navas, Fernando and Nasri could all leave.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:31 pm

All depends if they decide to just go one up with Aguero or go with Aguero and Bony.

If they go 5 in midfield of support of Aguero then they might need everyone they have as is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next