RealGunner
13 posters

Go down

Arsenal Vs Crystal palace Empty Arsenal Vs Crystal palace

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 pm

http://e2.365dm.com/14/07/768x576/alexis-sanchez-arsenal_3171530.jpg
El Nino MaraVilla

We Go Again

It’s finally here. The most exciting league in the world kicks off in a matter of days and with that returns the football season we all love and of course suffer from. The fantasy leagues are already in motion and the previews are out. It’s absurd to think that last season just ended and we are going into another season so soon. Perhaps the WC in the middle is the reason we didn’t notice the time but we are here now and we go again to a new season full of hopes, drama, banter, abuse, joy and every other emotion. After all, it would not be a typical premier league season unless the emotions are on the line. But of course we are only here because of one and the most important reason. With the return of the PL, we welcome back the new and superior Arsenal on the back of two trophies in their last 2 competitive matches.

It’s not unusual anymore when people suggest that there is a new aura around Arsenal. I think it all started to change when we signed Ozil and after winning the FA Cup and doing so well over the season in the league, it got even more affirmative that Arsenal are definitely changing for the good. Granted we had a lot of bumps midway through with the terrible collapses in big games but sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. I am sure those setbacks helped Arsene in building the team even further and with the successful summer so far and of course winning the Community Shield, I think it’s safe to say that the current Arsenal is at their strongest since 2005 or even stronger than 07/08 season. However it doesn’t mean that we are going to win the treble this season. It just means that we are on the right track and hopefully we won’t go through more seasons with fighting for the 4th while crashing out of every cup competition. Arsenal still have to prove their credentials as a rising power.
And I believe we will be able to do it.

Turmoil at Palace

The match against Crystal Palace was suggested as a generic home game against a stubborn team who will defend and try to concede as little as possible, which is a speciality of Tony Pulis. However with the recent breaking news that Tony Pulis has resigned and Palace are without a manager. It gets interesting. The thing now is that the match can go two ways. It can either become a casual stride for us where we score few and kill the match with slow tempo. Or it can become a match where the Palace team stops caring about everything and just attack and try to see what happens. The former is more likely but we should be vary of the latter. Without a manager, we should beat Palace. Like we did last season when they went through a similar situation.

Team News

For Arsenal, Diaby and Koscielny are back in training and should be involved. Ospina is out for 3 weeks while Walcott is back in a month. No news on Gnabry. The German trio are unlikely to be involved.

For Crystal Palace, They could have centre-back Adrian Mariappa back for the game. Damien Delaney, who played in all but one Premier League game last season, is also expected to miss the opening game after suffering a knock. The Eagles will almost definitely be without midfielder Jonny Williams.

Expected Arsenal Team

------------------------------Szczeny------------------------------

Debuchy---------Koscielny-------------Chambers---------------Gibbs

-------------------------------Arteta-------------------------------

Sanchez--------------Ramsey----------Wilshere----------------Cazorla

-----------------------------Giroud------------------------------

Expected Crystal Palace Team

---------------------------Speroni--------------------------------

Ward---------------Dann---------------Hangelaand--------Williams

Puncheon----------Jedinak----------Ledley-----------------Bolasie

------------------Campbell-----------Chamakh-------------------

Match Facts - FourFourTwo

• Arsenal have won none of their last four Barclays Premier League opening weekend fixtures (D3 L1); including defeat to Aston Villa at home last season (1-3). They had won eight of the previous nine (D1).
  • Palace have won just one of their five opening weekend fixtures in the Premier League (D2 L2).
  • 2013/14 was the first time that Crystal Palace managed to avoid relegation from a Premier League season.
  • If Arsenal win this match, they will have recorded 100 Premier League victories at the Emirates Stadium.
  • Mikel Arteta has scored two goals in three Premier League games against Crystal Palace.
  • Olivier Giroud has scored six goals in his last six Premier League appearances at the Emirates Stadium.
  • Arsene Wenger's side have won their last five Premier League games in a row; they have not been on a longer run of consecutive victories since March 2012 (7).
  • Tony Pulis' side have lost just one of their last eight Premier League matches (W5 D2 L1).
  • Arsenal have won seven and lost just one of the 10 previous Premier League encounters with Crystal Palace.
  • The Gunners were the most accurate team in terms of shooting last season; hitting the target with 54% of their attempts at goal.

Final Words

Let's start nice and simple. Unlike last season. Up the Gunners
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Crystal palace Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Crystal palace

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Ramsey to score 6 goals IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Pulis' departure is unlikely to have an effect on how Palace play since they've likely been preparing for this game for the entire week so far. Manager or no manager, they're going to park two banks of four in front of their box, have Chamakh mark Arteta and try and nick a goal from a set-piece. They've certainly got the height advantage on us.

If anything changes for them then it could be that the uncertainty of a new manager and the way Pulis left could be a distraction for them. Maybe they won't be as focused as usual. They at least won't have any new manager to try and impress.

Regardless, it's down to us to break them down. No doubt we'll dominate possession and hopefully the movement of Ramsey and Alexis will give us the necessary penetration to create chances. We did well against these sorts of teams last season and that was without any sort of pace, so hopefully we'll do well with pace. Having the likes of Chamberlain, Campbell and Sanogo on the bench could be really useful if we're struggling to break them down, too.

Hopefully we'll have a competent referee and won't have a repeat of last year's farce against Villa.

Can't wait for the season to start after that Community Shield win. Everyone's happy and optimistic and it makes a very nice change from the usual doom and gloom. I think we'll win comfortably by two or three goals.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:59 pm

With Pulis gone, I expect you to trash 'em.

Ramsey for MOTM.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:27 am

August 15, pre-Crystal Palace

** TEAM NEWS: Koscielny should be fit for Palace

** Wenger - Pulis news is a complete shock

** Wenger - There are six teams who can win title

** 'Alexis has ingredients to be a top Premier League player'

** Wenger - Manager's should always be in charge of transfers

http://www.arsenal.com/pressconference

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 am

Do you guys see Campbell or Oxlade playing a role in this match?

Important to remember that we play Besiktas in CL already in 3 days. Tuesday 19th.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:47 am

Wenger has been taken aback by the news, especially after Pulis led Palace to an 11th-placed finish last season after taking charge in November.

“It was a complete surprise to me and what kind of consequence that will have on Crystal Palace, I don't know,” the manager said.

“The only thing we can do is prepare ourselves to face a tough opponent and I think the importance of the game, plus the fact that it's the first game of the season, means Crystal Palace will be focused and motivated.

“[Pulis] did a remarkable job last season and he made a miracle. I don't really know why he left but it took me by surprise.

“You can always be surprised. I was at a manager's meeting on Monday with Tony Pulis and nothing indicated that he would not be here [on Saturday].”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140815/wenger-pulis-situation-a-big-surprise

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:49 am

Arsenal Vs Crystal palace Gun__1408024513_btn_openinggames_long

Source: Arsenal.com

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:07 am

It's Giroud's 100th game in all competitions tomorrow. He's on 40 goals, so the next milestone isn't too far away.

Important to remember that we play Besiktas in CL already in 3 days. Tuesday 19th.

From the bench, in all likelihood.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Great Job RG. :bow: 

I cant believe EPL starts tomorrow?Proud

I dont know what the line up is going to look like but Kinda feel like we should beat them very comprehensively. First game of the season always is tricky but we really cant afford to lose any points at home this season.

My line up.
————-Scz————
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
—–Ramsey Arteta——-
Sanchez Wilshere Cazorla
———-Giroud————
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Wenger said it'll be a similar team as the one against City so:

Szczesny
Debuchy Chambers Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta
Ramsey Wilshere
Alexis Giroud Cazorla

Bench: Martinez; Mertesacker, Monreal; Flamini, Chamberlain; Campbell, Sanogo;

Very excited for the new season, let's start this season well for a change. We haven't won our first game of the season since 2009 of I remember correctly  Surprised 
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:04 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's Giroud's 100th game in all competitions tomorrow. He's on 40 goals, so the next milestone isn't too far away.

From the bench, in all likelihood.
40 in 99. Not bad.

IMO it should be a fairly straight forward match.
For once we start a season with a feel good aura around the club and we don't wanna mess that up tomorrow. Any win will do.
C'mon Arsenal! Let's take it game-by-game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm really tempted to stick Giroud in my team but I don't know Sad.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Abramovich wrote:I'm really tempted to stick Giroud in my team but I don't know Sad.

don't! sanogoal is gonna tap in 32 goals this season, 7 with back heal!
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Abramovich wrote:I'm really tempted to stick Giroud in my team but I don't know Sad.

I have freaking Adebayor in there instead of him simply because of how shit West Ham are right now and that I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket if we struggle against Palace...but I am at least 50% sure that Giroud will score.

Anyway, I think Palace will defend for their lives to prove a point but will succumb eventually. Don't forget that they were possibly the worst team in the league before Pulis took over last season - they won't be that bad right from the off, but they will give us space if we can take it. And I think we will Smile
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Lol Sangaol no thanks  Laughing 

I did consider Ade but he is so damn inconsistent, I really have a feeling Giroud will score tomorrow but not sure how well he'll do this season. It's a gamble Sad.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Palace were quite hard to break down last year with their two banks of four but we should still have enough to beat them, hopefully we win by a goal or more.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Nice work RG!

Agree with the line up.

We have to win. We face a side managerless and in turmoil hours ahead of the kick-off.

Only a win will do!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down