Valkyrja
Kuru
Zealous
Onyx
halamadrid2
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spanish Super Cup: Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Spanish Super Cup: Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:01 am

anybody with eyes knows benzema didn't get any service none, but only clowns would line up to blame him, after watching cr and bale running in straight lines,turn overs and missing chances then ignore it all, to notice benzema rofl and he was open a lot too no excuse, again marcelo did nothing stop pretending, pepe rofl

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Spanish Super Cup: Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Spanish Super Cup: Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:08 am

poor poor game by us

That midfield just as I'd expected is too dtatic and unimaginative. I can't believe anyone actually thought it'd work. Did we even create a chance in the first half?

By now team know all our threats are from the left so tyey leave the right open because bale can't do nothing on that side. he is the ultimate scorer who can't do anything besides. id try james in his position

Benz pressed good but was invisible sometimes but I don't blame him who is going to pass him the ball?

Now that the midfield combo has failed we can finally go back to what worked but Kroos instead of Alonso who had no impact. Atleti didn't press him like they usually do and he failed to take advantage of that

Simeone: DiMaria is Madrid's best player *troll*
Carlo: "I think he is forgetting the golden ball winner and bale" bale rofl

we should've had a penalty too bt we are used to reffs screwing us over so oh well. Atleti didn't deserve to get a single point from this game. Provided we get the line up right I expect us to score at least two goals

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 am

Our midfield was fantastic and they spread the ball excellent to the wings.. Which you have to when a team like Atleti defends so excellently narrow.

The problem was that both Bale and CR couldn't get past their man like wingers usually have to. Hence why Rodriguez sub should ahve solved the problem but didn't since he still can't play good for us... But he scored so whatever.

Still a disgrace Di Maria didn't play. Always been our best player along with CR against Atleti and easily our most suited player for games like this. Could have easily done something that game.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:46 am

I agree that the spread the ball nicely to the wings but for no use and anyone would know ronaldo and bale are not players that create for others, they are players that score from chances others have created for them. Atleti didn't press us at all, our midfielders had all the time in the world to pick passes but only managed sideways and cross field balls

I was very disappointed with the lack of chemistry between the trio of Modric, Bale and Carvajal. They all play a mile from eachother and never pass eachother the ball. The other side is where everything happens for us and so Atleti left the right completely open for both bale and Carvajal but they couldn't make it count. When James played on the left he was poor but when he switched to the right he became better and played alot better than bale had there and actually had good chemistry with Carvajal. If I was Carlo I'd try that long term but it probably won't happen
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Benzema was much better in the second half, particularly his hold up play. No doubt though he was sub par.

Would have liked to see more protection by the ref, we were abused by the Atleti players last night.

James did well to get on the scoresheet and was thoroughly involved, happy with him. Bale a little quiet after his white hot preseason but I'm not worried.

Kroos was phenomenal, very tidy passing, looked great to me. Great play on the goal. Kroos, Modric, Alonso is not going to work against Atleti, that is clear. They pressure the midfield too much.

Marcelo disappointing. Iker even more so.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm

That miss from Kroos tho... He really should have put that away
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Also, don't like to continue on officiating errors but there was a clear hand ball in the box and multiple second yellows that went begging. Siqueira was pulled because Diego knew he was seconds away from being sent off after a number of second yellow worthy challenges.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:13 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:That miss from Kroos tho... He really should have put that away

Absolutely, but he had a very good game apart from that.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:07 pm

benzema had less touches than iker but he was sub par? i swear if you guys rate performances weird as hell, cr and bale get the most touches gets a free pass even tho they were easily the worst in possession, as usual no one man enough to say it rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:12 pm

chad4401 wrote:benzema had less touches than iker but he was sub par? i swear if you guys rate performances weird as hell, cr and bale get the most touches gets a free pass even tho they were easily the worst in possession, as usual no one man enough to say it rofl

but why did they get more touches than Benzema ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:26 pm

val cr and bale was shit why can't you just admit that? instead of deflecting blame towards benzema? who like i said gets the least amount of touches yet get the most criticism and has to be the most consistent rofl, you guys Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 pm

You guys need to take into consideration that our preseason was quite lukewarm and this match just showed the club needs a few more games (or God forbid, months) before we get proper cohesion.

Before I start, all this is my opinion of the match and doesn't necessarily reflect everyone's views...

Positives: Kroos is a fine addition in the midfield. Did nothing really fancy but genuinely kept possession very well and spread the play with good accurate passing. Him and Modric need to find a better understanding though. James would have a successful season with Real, don't mind he gave up possession 3 or 4 times. I'm genuinely sure he'll come good. Carvajal had a good match as well.

Negatives: Bale dribbling still sucks, like no legit improvement and Marcelo still hasn't, at the age of 27(?) gotten the concept of positioning and anticipation at a basic footballing level. We still suck at defending set pieces and if we insist on using wing play, then we need to do better link up plays. Much better.

Neither here nor there: Benzema. Didn't have a bad match but I didn't see a good one. Lack of proper service seems to be the telling case. He also stopped trying to take on his man. Ronaldo clearly isn't match fit yet and he got subbed at HT. We should have gotten a penalty but that's life.

All in all, decent match from us since we are playing Atletico and they honestly haven't skipped a single beat from last season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Kroos has really impressed me. He does nothing fancy as doc pointed out but he is damn tidy with his passes and quickly pressures when anyone loses it.

Bale is really dissapointing me, he is so damn frustrating on the ball it gets really annoying when he ignores Carvajal to go on one of his solo runs only to get nowhere. He was supposed to better DiMaria on that RW but I am seriously not seeing the improvement at all. James impressed me on that wing though and I hope he gets more chances there

Thought Marcelo was excellent and played a very balanced game. I can't honestly remember the time Juanfran was in our half?

Overall we controlled the game from start to finish and only lacked the final ball. Barring major injuries we should win it at the Calderon

Ramos has nominated Carlo for the ice bucket challenge Proud it would be fitting for him to do it during our trophy celebration if we win it of course
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:58 am

We did not control the game. We controlled possession, futile possession.
I have been saying it since last season and I wil still say it again: our 4-3-3 formation is so horrible.
All we do is pass from left to right, right to left in a very predictable manner. No play in the middle, no intelligent interplay of passes between midfielders and forwards..
We were at our worst in the first leg of the supercup and I will blame everything on Ancelotti trying to maintain his reputation as one who keeps all his players happy.
No matter how much people refute it, kroos is Alonso's replacement and he is a major upgrade.kroos is an organizer and not one to burst forward and take on men one on one. They are two players that prefer to sit at the base of the midfield.
When you play with kroos and alonso, two CM, who would make those dartin runs to cover up that big space the 4-3-3 formation creates between d midfielders and the attackers...only di maria can do that but he goes through the wings.
What is apparent on paper and from the uefa super cup is that our best midfield pairing is kroos and modric and then either of di maria, isco or james to be tasked with a freer role than them.
I believe he used xabi alonso alongside kroos just to assure alonso that kroos' presence does not mean he is no longer needed..
He did the same with di maria and james but I think he shud keep those tactics for league games and other games not finals.. He needs to man up and play the best midfield on friday cos we are heading for the sextuplet and winning this second trophy would serve as a real moral booster for the squad.
Play kroos and modric or alonso and modric as a plan B but don't ever play kroos and alonso..its a horrible pairing.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:17 pm

That midfield would work if they weren't tasked with the creative burden. If we played a front line of James-Benz-DiMaria then the fact that they only pass sideways will actually be an advantage because the ball will get to our wingets faster who are not strictly goal scorers. You can't have it both ways either you drop Bale and play James/DiMaria or you drop Alonso and add DiMaria/James to the midfield or else we will look clueless in posession because Bale can't dribble and teams triple up on Ronaldo's side because that's where our threat comes from

That midfield however gives us defensive structure as they are all pure CMs and we were able to see that vs Atleti. No players out of position and all three midfielders maintaining their set position. But having a drifting guy at LCM didn't stop us from winning things so I don't think that's a problem for us. However I do think we would ne better off if Kroos replaced Alonso
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:47 pm

One of Di Maria/James should always play alongside Modric. Can't have 2 players who aren't really going to dribble like Modric and Kroos playing together.

Also Bale and Ronaldo need to start making more runs when we're in possession.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Well Carlo did say we will be more direct this game so one of DiMaria and James is starting. I just hope it's DiMaria because he is Atleti's bogey player, they don't know how to contain him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Di Maria should always start imo. He's a unique player and vital to the way we play. He's better than Rodriguez.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Squad for 2nd leg:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Keylor Navas and Pacheco.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo, Carvajal, Arbeloa and Nacho.
Central midfielders: Khedira, Kroos, James Rodríguez, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/08/the-22-players-selected-for-the-game-against-atletico-madrid

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Carlo Ancelotti spoke to the press at the Ciudad Real Madrid, and the Italian coach analysed the Supercopa de España second leg against Atlético that will be played at the Vicente Calderón: "Atlético won't change their style and will play as they did at the Bernabéu because they have the advantage given the positive result. To win at the Calderón we must play with intensity and more velocity than in the first leg".

"We are used to playing against Atlético and they're used to us. They will try to take advantage of the chances on the counterattack and strategic plays. We played the second half of the first leg more quickly and not as slow as the first half. It's a problem of velocity and not intensity".

The starting line-up at the Calderón
“I'm not going to say what the XI is, but I will change various positions on the pitch". Cristiano Ronaldo trained with the side today as usual. He is fine and is available for tomorrow. If he's available, he could start".

The system with three central midfielders
“It will be the norm during the season, although the three central midfielders' positions can change because I can choose players with different characteristics. The three central midfielders system won't change, but the interpretation of the position will come through the player who is selected".

THE SQUAD IS IN GOOD SHAPE BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL POSITIONS COVERED.
“James looks good because he's adapting to our style of play. He has played well and there’s no problem if he starts. He has a more withdrawn position because the side needs him in that position. I can also use him a little bit further up".

Kroos's versatility
“We are lucky enough to have a footballer who can play in different positions all over the pitch. He can play without any problems in the three positions in the middle of the park because of his quality".

Di María's situation
“Until the end of the window he's Real Madrid's player and will be used accordingly. I am surprised to read that there are discrepancies between what I think and what the club thinks, but there's none. We think the same about Di María. He has decided t lead and rejected the club's offered. It's a situation that the player needs to solve".

“Simeone's words about Di María didn't make me uncomfortable. Everyone can say what they think and that's his opinion. When the market closes, and the player is still here he will work and play with us just like last year. There's no problem. All the players who are available could start".

Khedira's possible exit
“His situation is different. He hasn't asked to leave, but has rejected a new deal. He has a year left on his contract and we will see what happens".

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/08/ancelotti-to-win-at-the-calderon-we-must-play-with-intensity-and-more-velocity-than-in-the-first-leg

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 pm

According to a journalist AS/Marca are quoting DiMaria will be left out of the squad tonight which means he might leave within the comin days. Hope it's not true
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Well it's official then DiMaria is not in the 19 man squad for the second leg. Also there are rumours Ronaldo might not start. Brilliant
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Starting 11:

Casillas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Coentrão; Modric, Kroos, Xabi Alonso; James, Benzema, Bale.

Moyá; Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Siqueira; Tiago, Gabi; Koke, Raúl García, Griezmann, Mandzukic.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Bye-bye Dimaria =(
At least he's finally starting Varane over Pepe. One more match of starting that hoofball machine and it would've surely been #CarloOut
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Pogba! Please Madrid!!
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:30 pm

another freaking mid ? where will we play all of them ? just keep di maria
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next