+5
terrance511
Zealous
DeletedUser#1
halamadrid2
Onyx
9 posters

Go down

Champions League: Group Stage Draw discussion Empty Champions League: Group Stage Draw discussion

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Group B:

Real Madrid
FC Basel
Liverpool
Ludogorets

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Group Stage Draw discussion Empty Re: Champions League: Group Stage Draw discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Good group for once

Can see Basel causing us trouble. Unless Liverpool do something about their defence and midfield we should comfortably beat them. Ludogrest Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Group Stage Draw discussion Empty Re: Champions League: Group Stage Draw discussion

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:33 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Good group for once

Can see Basel causing us trouble. Unless Liverpool do something about their defence and midfield we should comfortably beat them. Ludogrest Proud

Try scoring a goal against us first (the only European team that Madrid has never scored against), then worry about winning Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Thank god you don't have Torres, Babel and Kuyt anymore Razz

Nah but seriously you really need to sort that defence and midfield out, no way you can come into a big game like that and expect to get something out of the game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm

We only played Pool three times tbf. I think we technically should be able to score against them now.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Madrid-Basel 16/9
Ludogorets-Madrid 1/10
Liverpool-Madrid 22/10
Madrid-Liverpool 4/11
Basel -Madrid 26/11
Madrid-Ludogorets 9/12

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:50 pm

We play Barca around the time we play Liverpool. I hope Barca play PSG or else it won't be fair on us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:09 pm

somehow i got a feel that our def will get exploit badly by liverpool

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 pm

More like the other way round lol

We might lose at Anfield if Liverpool play to the best of their ability but I think we'll handle them well enough.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:31 pm

depends which midfielder we bring in. Unless we have been negotiating with someone wc for a long time I don't think we will be able to get one this late in the window. If we play a Modric-Kroos-James midfield which I am sure Carlo won't do, guys like Sterling and Sturridge are going to run at our defence at will.

3 days to find a quality player Laughing by quality I don't mean Gustavo or Veratti lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:depends which midfielder we bring in. Unless we have been negotiating with someone wc for a long time I don't think we will be able to get one this late in the window. If we play a Modric-Kroos-James midfield which I am sure Carlo won't do, guys like Sterling and Sturridge are going to run at our defence at will.

3 days to find a quality player Laughing by quality I don't mean Gustavo or Veratti lol

Pogba

Should have happened since July
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 pm

we have more than enough players in midfield already....we still have khedira. and as for pogba, if we sign him, which we cannot, especially not this late in the window, who gets benched? u can't have a pogba kroos modric partnership, cos james cost upwards of 80 mill, thus has to play....any midfielder coming in now, will definitely be on the bench, same for next summer, unless of course we unwisely sell modric for 70 mill and sign a replacement for a 100....we are stacked in the midfield, for better or worse
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:23 am

titosantill wrote:we have more than enough players in midfield already....we still have khedira. and as for pogba, if we sign him, which we cannot, especially not this late in the window, who gets benched? u can't have a pogba kroos modric partnership, cos james cost upwards of 80 mill, thus has to play....any midfielder coming in now, will definitely be on the bench, same for next summer, unless of course we unwisely sell modric for 70 mill and sign a replacement for a 100....we are stacked in the midfield, for better or worse

illaramendi? i dont think were stacked.

maybe its my bias for the player. but pogba in madrid would be perfect.

the thing is if madrid want to, it can happen. in a perfect world the team would look like:

Casillas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Modric-Kroos-Pogba
James-Ronaldo-Bale

no player will be out of position or have to adapt to a role. everyone will be comfortable. but yea, i know its wishful thinking.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:39 am

how many times will cr have to fail at cf until your satisfied? Laughing.... serious question
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:41 am

I wanted a group of death, but Liverpool will do for now.. Gerrard :bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:37 am

Cyborg wrote:
titosantill wrote:we have more than enough players in midfield already....we still have khedira. and as for pogba, if we sign him, which we cannot, especially not this late in the window, who gets benched? u can't have a pogba kroos modric partnership, cos james cost upwards of 80 mill, thus has to play....any midfielder coming in now, will definitely be on the bench, same for next summer, unless of course we unwisely sell modric for 70 mill and sign a replacement for a 100....we are stacked in the midfield, for better or worse

illaramendi? i dont think were stacked.

maybe its my bias for the player. but pogba in madrid would be perfect.

the thing is if madrid want to, it can happen. in a perfect world the team would look like:

Casillas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Modric-Kroos-Pogba
James-Ronaldo-Bale

no player will be out of position or have to adapt to a role. everyone will be comfortable. but yea, i know its wishful thinking.

James-ronaldo-bale? so you have completely revamped the forward line and put two players out of position for the sake of a new purchase...1.bale would do well at left wing; but ronaldo prefers that spot, and ronaldo is stronger in that spot. 2. ronaldo isn't a center forward, he doesn't like playing there; playing there would mean he has to be tasked with at times holding the ball up for bale; if he is to play as a full fledged 9, it will probably mean him having to see less of the ball except when in scoring positions...won't work, we've tried him there before and it didn't yield. 3. right wing isn't james' position, we didnt spend 80 million on him for him to be a right winger....i like pogba too but as stated, the middle of the park is stacked...khedira and illara r still on the bench. like him or not we spent a lot for illara, the board knows they will get not up to half of the 30 plus million spent on him if they let him go....hell i don't think anyone wud even cough up ten mill for him at present.....
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:58 pm

James isn't a left centre midfielder either. he is an attacking midfielder, who can play on either side.

his best position is none. its one where he can roam and move along the front line. to me he will be better suited playing on the right or left of the Forward line instead of playing in a three man midfield.

and its obvious to everyone bale plays better on the left. you get the full use of his abilities.

on the Ronaldo issue. I know that he doesn't like to play as a centre forward. but he has to realize that its inevitable. He isn't getting any younger and he is getting injured more often in these latter years. this is just my opinion, it open to debate but it may be easier on his body to be the focal point up top.

and don't forget for both bayern games last season he played as a centre forward, paired with benzema in a 4-4-2 for large portions of the game. especially the second leg.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:11 pm

cyborg do you read post from other members or just work with fifa and youtube clips? listen cr is not a cf,will never be that good of cf either just stop grow up already, cr plays best when he can use the cf to make space for him, he won't find those runs as pure 9 and for the last time scoring goals doesn't mean you can play cf
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Cyborg wrote:James isn't a left centre midfielder either. he is an attacking midfielder, who can play on either side.

his best position is none. its one where he can roam and move along the front line. to me he will be better suited playing on the right or left of the Forward line instead of playing in a three man midfield

and its obvious to everyone bale plays better on the left. you get the full use of his abilities.

on the Ronaldo issue. I know that he doesn't like to play as a centre forward. but he has to realize that its inevitable. He isn't getting any younger and he is getting injured more often in these latter years. this is just my opinion, it open to debate but it may be easier on his body to be the focal point up top.

and don't forget for both bayern games last season he played as a centre forward, paired with benzema in a 4-4-2 for large portions of the game. especially the second leg.

when i said james has to play, i didn't mean in central mid but behind the striker in the nos 10 role....so it won't be a 4 3 3 , but rather a 4 2 3 1 which will see modric and kroos play double pivot (i have little faith in this); if we do go for pogba (next summer) it leads to more inconsistencies, why? it would mean reverting back to a 4 3 3, with pogba kroos and luka unless of course we sell luka, i've already explained my problems with the front line in such case....the major inconsistency will be that in a space of 3 seasons, we'd have gone from 4 3 3 to 4 3 2 1 back to 4 3 3, unless we can specialize in both, i don't see how constant altering of formation helps the team possess a dominant style.

the idea is to have a constant dynamic and alternatives that could work in challenging situations....not constantly changing dynamics to fit 1 player at the expense of the whole team....it leads to the david beckham makelele saga all over again; where becks n figo even played in the center of the park when their true role was on the wing, and guti played defensive mid
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:06 pm

I am going to be extremely disappointed if we move from a successful 4-3-3 just to accommodate James, he was not needed and hasn't showed he is starting material yet so I couldn't care less if he cost 80 ME he shouldn't start to the determinant of the team. He can be a back up to the front three or replace Bale which I prefer. Looking at our midfield right now Modric-Kroos-Isco would be the best choice but hopefully we do buy another midfielder to play as LCM. Pogba won't come so it's pointless talking about, we are heavily linked with Veratti/Gustavo :facepalm: But those guys aren't coming to play "back up" they are coming to start which means Carlo shares my concerns about the midfield

The forward line will be complete once Negredo joins but if Arbeloa is leaving we are going to need another CB/RB and no not mr injury prone from Milan. Wouldn't mind a short term defender
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Negredo's apparently injured for a while and plus I'm guessing he'd want to start if he did move.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:26 am

i share your concerns tito. our system should be consistent. you know we played 4-2-2-2 in the pre season as well. lol

the only reason i suggested pogba is because i know that james as a left centre midfielder will not work. and modric and kroos alone will get destroyed.

but i cant talk about something that's not here. maybe illaramendi as CDM with modric and kroos just ahead might work.

hala, i agree with you, madrid didnt need james. but we have him. verrati and gustavo? why are madrid being linked to these players. i never understood the hype over veratti

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down