sportsczy
Zealous
Bankz
zigra
titosantill
McAgger
10 posters

Go down

Marco van Basten vs Gerd Müller vs Ronaldo R9 Empty Marco van Basten vs Gerd Müller vs Ronaldo R9

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:31 am

Discuss... hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Marco van Basten vs Gerd Müller vs Ronaldo R9 Empty Re: Marco van Basten vs Gerd Müller vs Ronaldo R9

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 am

Best individual; definitely R9, followed by Marco
Best in a team setting (all 3 played for big clubs)- Gerd muller followed by Marco
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Marco van Basten vs Gerd Müller vs Ronaldo R9 Empty Re: Marco van Basten vs Gerd Müller vs Ronaldo R9

Post by zigra Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Müller>vB>Ronaldo
Could've been different if not for the injuries that both Ronaldo and van Basten suffered but far too many people just put far too much weigth on what could have been instead of what actually happened.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Individually/talent/ball mastery R9 >>>>>>>>
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:21 pm

If injuries are not a factor then Van Basten for sure imo. He's more complete imo hmm

R9 would obviously be a beast too but I'm not a fan of his laziness and poor work ethic tbh.

I'd choose Muller if it just came down to who would I want to score the most goals though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Are we talking at their peak or based on their careers?

Gerd Mueller had the most productive career out of all of them.  R9 had the highest peak and was the top scorer in WC history for a while and was on 2 WC winning teams and finalist 2 time too.  Van Basten had the same number of elite seasons as R9 and didn't quite reach R9's peak.  Won the Euro with Holland.

So if you're looking at overall career production:
1-  Mueller
2-  R9
3-  Van Basten

In terms of talent level:
1-  R9
2-  Van Basten
3-  Mueller
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Ronaldo didn't play a single minute for one of his WC wins tbf lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Yeah but he was there Laughing He was the main guy and took Brazil to either a final or a win in the 3 WCs he was a part of. Won 2 Copa America with Brazil too (and 1 final) and Brazil never win that lol. 62 goals in 98 caps for Brazil. You can't discount his NT greatness.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah but he was there Laughing He was the main guy and took Brazil to either a final or a win in the 3 WCs he was a part of. Won 2 Copa America with Brazil too (and 1 final) and Brazil never win that lol. 62 goals in 98 caps for Brazil. You can't discount his NT greatness.

**Main guy in 2 WC out of 3.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 pm

1998, 2002 and 2006. Top scorer for Brazil NT in all 3 from what i recall...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Zealous wrote:If injuries are not a factor then Van Basten for sure imo. He's more complete imo hmm

R9 would obviously be a beast too but I'm not a fan of his laziness and poor work ethic tbh.

I'd choose Muller if it just came down to who would I want to score the most goals though.

Who needs work ethic when you can take on whole defenses by yourself ? hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:24 am

I agree with zealous' post....despite injuries, if ronaldo had a better work ethic i feel he probably would have been the greatest we ever saw; (its weird though, whilst i complain about work ethic, i preferred romario to ronaldo, and his own work ethic was way worse- there shud be a romario vs el phenomeno thread, no?) marco van basten was definitely a beast, amazing technique
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CarloGOAL Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 am

I was a child. But i remember Marco Van Basten.
He was amazing. A lot of tecnique for its height.
But injuries have limited...

CarloGOAL
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 pm

I haven't seen to play Muller or  Van Basten , but I don't think it is never existed a CF so GOAT as Ronaldo in his prime

unreal things , impressive.
I am convinced he would have became the best player ever if he didn't get  those injuries.
In that year I remind he destroyed defenders as Nesta, (Uefa Cup final, Nesta was immense already in that year)  , Maldini , Cannavaro  , Thuram , not current defenders
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down