Why Roma, Juve and Man C, etc. continue to struggle in Europe?

+14
Lupi
futbol
McLewis
RealGunner
Casciavit
Lord Awesome
Hapless_Hans
Robespierre
VivaStPauli
Tomwin Lannister
sportsczy
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarcaLearning
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Roma, Juve and Man C, etc. continue to struggle in Europe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Roma, Juve and Man C, etc. continue to struggle in Europe?

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:City isn't a question of quality, it's a question of versatility and adaptation. They have a squad which is heavily been built with the PLs strengths and weaknesses in mind.

Now they struggle because they can't adapt to a different style of play, problem is if they did get players to help them adapt to CL style of play they would lose something in the league.

It's a deep rooted issue which is not easily solved.

Could you explain what exactly you mean by this? How they're tailored for the PL and not the CL? I'm genuinely curious as I've been confused myself about City in Europe.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why Roma, Juve and Man C, etc. continue to struggle in Europe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Roma, Juve and Man C, etc. continue to struggle in Europe?

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 am

Midfield play and tactics are too dummied down... that's what Mole means. Other than Yaya, no creativity or technical ability. In CL, they take Yaya out and City stall. They can get away with it in EPL, but not in Europe.

Other issue i've seen with all the EPL teams and not just City... the defense sits so low that the opposition strikers don't really have to worry about getting caught offsides. The biggest problem is that defenders are far too often asked to make a defensive play in the box... and that's very, very dangerous and limiting. You don't want defenders facing attacking players near or in the box.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Wow, quality posts, so thx to everyone for the great opinions and its great too see.

I hope I understood most of them, just have 2 questions:

1) Similarly by Man C built and playing style suitable for EPL rather than CL, meaning less focus on midfield and defense, with attack more simple and direct (as someone said before just more gung ho?) than would be successful in Europe correct? (My English isnt great so hope I dont cross across being too simple Razz) If thats true, then I also believe even more Pellegrini is limited in that hes style is just too attacking and less intricate need for Europe.

2)What did the word linear Arq mean which is the EU CL style teams tend to play or is the nature of it? As in smooth transitions?

Funny reading about Juve, didnt realise them and the league is that bad in terms of pace or that everyone just mimics them and gets overpowered Very Happy

I think really the posts Ive come to realise just how important the manager is, and how hard Europe can be.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:28 am

juve are unable to get away with their cheating ways in cl. we've seen this movie before.
ladri always
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2